Peace and all that Jazz

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1343321442' post='3015792']
Lol NEAT declared like 5 wars in the whole war.

Peace is well deserved only if you actually fought.
[/quote]

Might wanna check again.

NEAT fought multiple wars. On the blitz night alone they declare 12 I believe. To say they didn't fight is laughable

Edited by Lurunin

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote]

There was also an issue of LOSS not bringing their big hitters out of peace mode. I was only able to fight two nations and bring them down to 50k NS (one was at 101k ns at the beginning). Only for them to turtle, and the rest of LOSS (at my range) sat in peace...So, I am where I started. Its all good though. It was a good fight. We are small alliance and we did what we can. Not saying we affected the war in any way, but we had fun and we joined in with some friends.

[/quote]
I don't really care how many they fought, both sides in this war have been hiding whatever NS ranges they don't want getting beat up in peace mode. So their options on who to declare on was likely limited, also that the threat of war from them was enough to keep a lot of nations on your side hiding in peace mode as well allowed them to successfully tie up a lot of nations and make them experience losses without even fighting most of them. That they managed to get peace shows they deserved it from the viewpoint of those fighting them, either that or the war was so damaging for their opponents they wanted to peace out regardless of whether they think it was a deserved peace. Either way they earned it in some manner. Sometimes I see NG or Umbrella nations complaining in these peace threads that they didn't fight, if you guys weren't the ones fighting them and aren't going to continue to war them over it, whether you think they fought or not doesn't really matter. Is anyone fighting NG since you guys seem so concerned over who's been fighting?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1343331299' post='3015831']It was a good fight. We are small alliance and we did what we can. Not saying we affected the war in any way, but we had fun and we joined in with some friends.
[/quote]

That's a good attitude. I checked your nuclear statistics as an alliance. You successfully nuked others 48 times and took 32. Plus the time between declaring and peace was short for you guys. For a group of 20 nations, you did alright.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1343337891' post='3015873']
That's a good attitude. I checked your nuclear statistics as an alliance. You successfully nuked others 48 times and took 32. Plus the time between declaring and peace was short for you guys. For a group of 20 nations, you did alright.
[/quote]
You do realize it's easier to get nuked less if you're outnumbered, right? Like, that was basically MK's entire strategy for noCB.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343341710' post='3015883']
You do realize it's easier to get nuked less if you're outnumbered, right? Like, that was basically MK's entire strategy for noCB.
[/quote]

It's not relevant to my point. I'm not arguing that NEAT contributed anything unusual, trying to say anything about statistic or even that they made any sort of difference whatsoever on any sort of scale. What I'm saying is that they did their part and tossed and took nukes like everyone else.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1343347383' post='3015939']
It's not relevant to my point. I'm not arguing that NEAT contributed anything unusual, trying to say anything about statistic or even that they made any sort of difference whatsoever on any sort of scale. What I'm saying is that they did their part and tossed and took nukes like everyone else.
[/quote]
You pointed out very specific stats, with no intention to point out statistics? Seems kind of unlikely.

[quote name='White Chocolate' timestamp='1343337891' post='3015873']
[/quote]

Interesting. I've hit about 34 nukes and taken 30. NEAT tossed and took just a few more than I did. I guess by your standards for 1 guy I am superhuman.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1343364241' post='3016073']
Interesting. I've hit about 34 nukes and taken 30. NEAT tossed and took just a few more than I did. I guess by your standards for 1 guy I am superhuman.
[/quote]
I've hit over 50 this war, taken less than 30 though.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1343282075' post='3015632']
Nope. He's a good guy but there have been better ACs by far. He's pretty green to this level of responsibility but things could have been worse during his term. I hope he's learned a lot about what the pressures of the top spot are like especially under the kind of conditions he came into it. If so maybe someday he can be in that conversation. Until then I think he still has some things to learn.
[/quote]

I must have missed the memo stating that criticizing one's superiors in public had become acceptable behavior.

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1343331299' post='3015831']
There was also an issue of LOSS not bringing their big hitters out of peace mode. I was only able to fight two nations and bring them down to 50k NS (one was at 101k ns at the beginning). Only for them to turtle, and the rest of LOSS (at my range) sat in peace...So, I am where I started. Its all good though. It was a good fight. We are small alliance and we did what we can. Not saying we affected the war in any way, but we had fun and we joined in with some friends.
[/quote]

My bad then. It's true if your enemy hides in pm you can't fight a lot.

But still you didn't hit LoSS's top guy with your big boys. In 3 vs 1 you could have rolled him to dust.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1343380861' post='3016131']
Congrats on peace. Its good to see more alliances get out of this BS war that MK manufactured without reps and before excessive damage was sustained.
[/quote]

What terrible times we live in, where the evil hegemony refuses to be evil. How desperately confusing.

I'm not sure what your standard for 'excessive damage' is, but the main point of war is to damage the other side until they concede. One inflicts enough damage to force the other side to admit defeat, while demonstrating one's own side's ability to sustain damage and keep laughing. All else is gravy or, if peace is cake, icing.

Mmmmm, peace cake.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343400594' post='3016149']
What terrible times we live in, where the evil hegemony refuses to be evil. How desperately confusing.

I'm not sure what your standard for 'excessive damage' is, but the main point of war is to damage the other side until they concede. One inflicts enough damage to force the other side to admit defeat, while demonstrating one's own side's ability to sustain damage and keep laughing.
[/quote]
I know I, for one, am laughing at ODN's ability to sustain damage.

Edited by Schattenmann

I am glad we please you. For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn? And yet the world seems full of whining and hand-wringing: evil times.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343411512' post='3016171']
I am glad we please you. For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbours, and laugh at them in our turn? And yet the world seems full of whining and hand-wringing: evil times.
[/quote]

The ratio of You People herp derping about hand-wringing to people actually hand-wringing is about ten to one. You guys are the Fox News of CN. And you, Pingu, you're Chris Wallace.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1343412453' post='3016175']
The ratio of You People herp derping about hand-wringing to people actually hand-wringing is about ten to one.
[/quote]

Stats or it didn't happen. Since I neither herp nor derp, much will depend on your definition of 'You People' and your evidence of both derping and, indeed, herping by whatever group you are targeting.

The rest makes no sense to me - I have never heard of these things of which you speak. Perhaps they are some kind of pestilence that afflicts your country? In Free Radicals we have none of them.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1343436767' post='3016252']
I haven't had the luxery of multiple opponents. Its been a one at a time kind of thing.
[/quote]
I know it's hard to find people willing to actually fight in the super-!@#$ tier where all of CSN's nations are, I can't imagine your pain.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1343412453' post='3016175']
The ratio of You People herp derping about hand-wringing to people actually hand-wringing is about ten to one. You guys are the Fox News of CN. And you, Pingu, you're Chris Wallace.
[/quote]

New Polar Order

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1343380714' post='3016130']

But still you didn't hit LoSS's top guy with your big boys. In 3 vs 1 you could have rolled him to dust.
[/quote]

Sadly he didn't join LoSS til the tail end of war. Granted, it's not an excuse for not hitting him.

Good war everybody! Most fun war I've had so far. We may have been defeated, but it really feels like a victory. The difference between MHA in this war and the previous one is a difference between night and day.

MHAil to all involved!

(A shame this had to happen in holiday period when so many people are not able to fight. I also had to run into peace mode after 2 rounds because you just don't fight CN wars when you're on holiday.)

[quote name='total perspective vortex' timestamp='1343508927' post='3016497']
Good war everybody! Most fun war I've had so far. We may have been defeated, but it really feels like a victory. The difference between MHA in this war and the previous one is a difference between night and day.

MHAil to all involved!

(A shame this had to happen in holiday period when so many people are not able to fight. I also had to run into peace mode after 2 rounds because you just don't fight CN wars when you're on holiday.)
[/quote]

True most of you actually fought last war unlike during this outing....night and day indeed.

[quote name='Vespassianus' timestamp='1343380714' post='3016130']

[/quote]
hehe the main reason they in pm is mostly that they inactive, that or tactics for second wave etc, trust me, loss ain't afraid to fight.

but good to see this, good show.