Peace and all that Jazz

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1343244980' post='3015257']
You have stated that when you said

That you were making a statement of fact about treaty chains, not a political statement. So, if that is the case, we probably have been talking past each other.
[/quote]

I agree. I see that TIO has supported (even slightly) the overall war, we fought for a particular reason and now are done with the war. I really need to get a nap in. :( (unfortunately, I get to take a conference call on my day off that is gonna last who knows how long. :( after having to do work related stuff early this morning... Sorry, if I have been confusing and long-winded. My mind does not want to be concise. Hopefully that will help the call end early. :P )

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1343243506' post='3015241']
This thread entertainment factor just went up. Thanks Tim Lee.
[/quote]
With four to five days left before I go inactive for at least ten weeks. (OOC: New Job, + Unpaid Internship + Senior Year of College) Why not? :P However, I have no interest in leaking logs because I find that to be dirty so to the parties that have asked. Nou.

Also, WC I agree. Nice to see the war fronts coming to a close.

Edited by TimLee

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343235333' post='3015131']
I don't particularly care if they got terms or not. I think they should have actually fought though, even Sparta put up a better show. They shielded themselves in peace-mode and basically didn't do much at all
[/quote]

They didn't do much at all? LOSS and GATO dropped a bit of NS. :)

We all knew going into this that we weren't going to win. It's a simple fact, LoSS has strong allies that weren't at war and were prepped to defend them. We obviously are on the losing side and it isn't a big deal admitting what is true. A few micros and an established alliance vs. militaristic alliances and established alliances. We gave it a good fight and that's all we could do, deal as much damage as possible.

It was enjoyable fighting DT and LoSS and the best of luck rebuilding.

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1343238273' post='3015175']
Yes, all alliances with more than 1/3 of their total # of nations in PM should be greatly punished for denying their opponents targets.
[/quote]

I see what you did there :awesome:. Well at least we get to dance buddy

[quote name='iamwalrus' timestamp='1343262356' post='3015452']
They didn't do much at all? LOSS and GATO dropped a bit of NS. :)
[/quote]

Sure, but not nearly as much as they could have. It was a halfhearted effort and MHA has now left their bloc member R&R to fight GATO alone. I have no great beef with MHA, they've never really done anything to offend anyone, they just kind of exist. I just think they put up a poor show

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1343194395' post='3014862']However, I find it curious GATO would threaten to have NPO hit MHA if they didn't agree to that one little revised term during discussions.[/quote]

Well, being that our ally NEAT got pulled into this, I'm glad that infra > not wanting to say the word "defeat" prevailed. I do hope that all this drama isn't REALLY just about such a little detail. That would be sad.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1343190758' post='3014756']
Well. I see that with the new Government has chosen the path of pettiness and classlessness. I haven’t seen that since last time Omniscient1 was Assembly Chairman. Ironically enough that’s the last time some of people in government right now last served.
[/quote]

Wow you're quick to turn on those who once supported you. Maybe that's why you have to rig elections, you have no real friends willing to vote for you. Stay classy TimLee.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1343265893' post='3015500']
Wow you're quick to turn on those who once supported you. Maybe that's why you have to rig elections, you have no real friends willing to vote for you. Stay classy TimLee.
[/quote]

Heh. You'd like to believe that wouldn't you? I don't ever recall any election I was in being remotely close, but as Aerosmith says Dream on until your dreams come true. However, I'd expect as much from someone who once proclaimed their talents to be on their knees kissing ass. Like I stated before, I have no issues with anyone in GATO Government except for Kubla. You may get on your knees for him, but I assure you he isn't *everyone.* @Real Friends comment if you want to come down that road we certainly can, but given your history. I don't recommend it.

As always if you'd like to play feel free to chat me on irc, unless of course all you're interested in is an audience. In which case, I'll cease responding as they say the best cure for an attention whore is to deny them the attention.

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1343268629' post='3015529']
As always if you'd like to play feel free to chat me on irc, unless of course all you're interested in is an audience.
[/quote]

If you don't want me to respond please don't mention my name in your posts. It's hilarious watching you whine over GATO asking NPO to hit MHA, when you were going to have all of GATO hit [b]just me[/b] for making fun of you and the alliance.

Fortunately, I've had you on ignore on irc for almost a year now so it'll take me a while to find you.

Anyway, congrats on peace to everyone. Especially TIO.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1343238759' post='3015183']
Anyway, as long as Umbrella holds onto such a tragically terrible FP, they might as well attack MHA themselves.
[/quote]

They already have.

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1343190758' post='3014756']
Well. I see that with the new Government has chosen the path of pettiness and classlessness.
[/quote]

Says the guy who pulled GATO out of the 'IAA Defense Campaign' a mere two weeks in while IAA was still fighting? You sir make me laugh.

What a terribly inane, and ultimately irrelevant, cause for some slight drama. Seriously? An admission of defeat is worth this many pages?

Congratulations to everyone involved for peace. :)

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1343269895' post='3015542']
Kubla for greatest AC of all time. Anyone care to second that? :awesome:
[/quote]

Nope. He's a good guy but there have been better ACs by far. He's pretty green to this level of responsibility but things could have been worse during his term. I hope he's learned a lot about what the pressures of the top spot are like especially under the kind of conditions he came into it. If so maybe someday he can be in that conversation. Until then I think he still has some things to learn.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1343282075' post='3015632']
Nope. He's a good guy but there have been better ACs by far. He's pretty green to this level of responsibility but things could have been worse during his term. I hope he's learned a lot about what the pressures of the top spot are like especially under the kind of conditions he came into it. If so maybe someday he can be in that conversation. Until then I think he still has some things to learn.
[/quote]

Pfft. Party-pooper. :P

You guys didn't fight until the last of you was ZI? Oh well, maybe next time. Regardless I like what I've seen of Nations Empowered Against Totalitarianism so far, your name is neat and stands for something good. You also fought well in an uphill battle, congrats on peace.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1343311630' post='3015753']
You guys didn't fight until the last of you was ZI? Oh well, maybe next time. Regardless I like what I've seen of Nations Empowered Against Totalitarianism so far, your name is neat and stands for something good. You also fought well in an uphill battle, congrats on peace.
[/quote]

Lol NEAT declared like 5 wars in the whole war.

Peace is well deserved only if you actually fought.