Peace and all that Jazz

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have got to say - the 4 MHA nations i fought in the first round was the best nations i have ever fought.... in 5 days they had knocked me down from 37k ns to 14k ns and had wiped out my WC. if your here please wave at me :D

second round well..... yeah im not sure if you even turtled.

anyways
o/ LoSS
o/ EVERYONE

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1343192551' post='3014812']
GATO has principles? I imagine one of them: "GATO prides itself for abandon allies in the battlefield after 2 weeks if they are losing." :laugh:
[/quote]

Aren't you cute.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343201795' post='3014957']
So many drama queens up in here - Tim, Schatt, et al., thanks for sharing.

Good to see our allies victorious on this front. Enjoy the peace.
[/quote]

I feel the need comment about your new avatar and how awesome it is.

Congratulations to MHA nations for actually nuking me and bringing my NS down to 1/3 of its size. I do appreciate the fighting back from some and the increased amount of casualties and nukes eaten by my nation. Best of luck on the rebuild guys.

o/ Peace

PS: Making people surrender is so evil, etc.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1343201162' post='3014955']
I personally and directly went to one of the MHA tri's and explained our position.

GATO had asked for NPO to enter, we were ready to do so. Within 24 hours they asked us to wait. So we waited... waited... waited some more. I felt they (GATO) were being strung along. In this I let MHA know I could not sit by and watch that continue. If peace was there, awesome we could end the war. If it wasn't, they needed to prepare because NPO would be entering.

No threats, simple communication letting them know how things were from our end. Seeing as both wanted peace, it all worked out. Please do not insult your alliance, my ally or my alliance by stating it was something sinister or twisted.
[/quote]
Brehon may be many things, but he's not a liar! I'm glad to see a clarification on that.

So that means TimLee really is upset because of an admission of defeat. How [i]petty[/i]

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343222779' post='3015048']
MHA didn't suffer enough. Disappointing. The jackboots of the oppressors have become worn and fray at the seams
[/quote]

suffer? nearly half the alliance never left peace mode ...

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1343194395' post='3014862']
In an attempt to to discuss my private grievances. That is, but a drop in the bucket. However, I find it curious GATO would threaten to have NPO hit MHA if they didn't agree to that one little revised term during discussions. I call petty as I see petty. It was a !@#$%* move.

Edit:

Congrats to the GATO Members, DT, LoSS, NEAT, PPO, MHA, LoSS, TIO & anyone else I may have left on achieving peace those. :cheers:
[/quote]

Not sure if you meant to post magicninja who I quoted or me but if it was me, then all I am saying is a term such as an admission of defeat is not hugely draconic and I doubt that MHA/others had any real issue with such a term considering the alternative of actual draconic terms that could have been applied.

To make it seem as if GATO (and by extension DT/TIO/LoSS) are a bunch of petty, evil, self-serving draconic my idols simply for asking for an admission of defeat well......

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343227676' post='3015067']
Not sure if you meant to post magicninja who I quoted or me but if it was me, then all I am saying is a term such as an admission of defeat is not hugely draconic and I doubt that MHA/others had any real issue with such a term considering the alternative of actual draconic terms that could have been applied.

To make it seem as if GATO (and by extension DT/TIO/LoSS) are a bunch of petty, evil, self-serving draconic my idols simply for asking for an admission of defeat well......
[/quote]

yes DT/TIO/LoSS and GATO are a bunch of evil war mongering fools :P how dare you leave the field of battle with a good handshake. pure EVIL i say.

and now not being sarcastic maybe GATO can teach there allies how to do it ;)

and o/TIO <3 o/LoSS <3 o/DT o/GATO

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1343195406' post='3014891']
Congrats to peace yall. To PPO you know I love you guys even if I am a hippy dirty traitor :rolleyes: NEAT I love you guys as well, one of the classiest alliances I have seen And I respect you guys a lot. TIO you guys too, Doch you are awesome :wub:

\o to Peace
[/quote]

<3 Ginger. :D

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1343197217' post='3014925']
Good to see this front come to an end. Thanks for the fight PPO, you guys have been awesome to talk to.

Every time somebody says that phrase, I die a little inside.

[ooc]Seriously America, what the hell kind of a phrase is that? I've never heard it anywhere else in the world...[/ooc]
[/quote]

This seriously makes me wanna say damn-skippy everyday now. :P

[ooc]According to Urban Dictionary, possibly Australia. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=damn%20skippy[/ooc]

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1343222010' post='3015042']
Much better terms than you deserve MHA.
[/quote]

Not really. Fringe alliance is on the fringe of war. If you wanted worse terms for MHA or any other alliance, then by all means fight them yourself or get your alliance to do so. I don't see why our alliances (which to my knowledge rarely resort to things such as reps or ridiculous terms) simply because you and your ilk believe certain alliances should get draconic terms? These are obviously the terms that GATO/LoSS/DT/TIO/Brain/Hooligans all believed MHA and the rest fully deserved otherwise, I am sure there would have been other terms.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343222779' post='3015048']
MHA didn't suffer enough. Disappointing. The jackboots of the oppressors have become worn and fray at the seams
[/quote]

See above.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1343228449' post='3015072']
Not really. Fringe alliance is on the fringe of war. If you wanted worse terms for MHA or any other alliance, then by all means fight them yourself or get your alliance to do so. I don't see why our alliances (which to my knowledge rarely resort to things such as reps or ridiculous terms) simply because you and your ilk believe certain alliances should get draconic terms? These are obviously the terms that GATO/LoSS/DT/TIO/Brain/Hooligans all believed MHA and the rest fully deserved otherwise, I am sure there would have been other terms.
[/quote]
I don't think reps are necessary for fringe alliances at all, but if you're going to declare war and then don't fight, terms of bringing upper tiers out could be utilized. I mean, really, how else can Umbrella have fun?

[quote name='Kubla Khan' timestamp='1343205361' post='3014968']
Tim, please, keep your personal issues out of a thread that represents a mutually amicable end to a conflict. All i will say on the subject is my to respectfully point out that forgot to mention The Hooligans and The Brain, you know, two of our best friends and protectorates? The ones who have always been there by our side fighting with an enviable determination and loyalty? Also seem to have left out GPF, good guys who handled themselves well and were fun to talk to in the interactions I had with them.

If you find yourself confused in the future about who was involved in the way, read the OP.

On a vastly more important note I would like to thank all the involved parties for the honorable fighting and mutual respect I saw during the war and peace process. It was great to meet those of you I didn't know and nothing less than a pleasure to fight alongside friends both old and new.

o/ Our honorable opponents
o/ Our incredible allies
o/ GATO

Now, lets all drink like its an Irish funeral
[/quote]

Continue to tell me how much you know about GATO's allies. Like the fact Chels hasn't been LoSS Gov/LoSS Alliance in probably over a year yet you asked her for LoSS Signatures.

I left out a few names because I didn't find it necessary to scroll back and include them all. The Brain are quite a classy a bunch and Hooligans are well... Hooligans.

My advice, listen to your MoFA when he actually has experience in Foreign Affairs in the future and it could have been avoided.

Edit: Mutually amicable?

GATO: NPO is entering if this isn't resolved by x day
MHA & Co: We'll take peace.
GATO: Ok
MHA: White Peace, No Admission of Defeat?
Kubla: Admission of Defeat required.
Dre4m: I don't think it's necessary no re-entry covers that.
MHA: .....we already had an agreement due us just honoring a treaty.
Kubla: Well, it's Admission of Defeat or the war continues and if it is still going by x day NPO will hit.

Tell me, what choice did certain alliances have?

I know talks lasted a bit longer because of that one little change. You fought like hell to add it and now you should own up to it. *Everyone* now knows. I'm merely giving you an audience to show how much have a b.a. you really are. Isn't that what this term was suppose to accomplish meaningless posturing hurr durr I got people to admit defeat.

[/quote]

I meant to the extent they went to ensure that term was included. It wasn't anything any of the other alliances in this conflict did. It's not even GATO. It's Kubla.

Edited by TimLee

[quote name='keeology' timestamp='1343228330' post='3015071']

and now not being sarcastic maybe GATO can teach there allies how to do it ;)

[/quote]

Perhaps your allies and lower tier can teach you a thing or two. Then we wouldn't have this problem.

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1343231108' post='3015088']
Continue to tell me how much you know about GATO's allies. Like the fact Chels hasn't been LoSS Gov/LoSS Alliance in probably over a year yet you asked her for LoSS Signatures.

I left out a few names because I didn't find it necessary to scroll back and include them all. The Brain are quite a classy a bunch and Hooligans are well... Hooligans.

My advice, listen to your MoFA when he actually has experience in Foreign Affairs in the future and it could have been avoided.

Edit: Mutually amicable?

GATO: NPO is entering if this isn't resolved by x day
MHA & Co: We'll take peace.
GATO: Ok
MHA: White Peace, No Admission of Defeat?
Kubla: Admission of Defeat required.
Dre4m: I don't think it's necessary no re-entry covers that.
MHA: .....we already had an agreement due us just honoring a treaty.
Kubla: Well, it's Admission of Defeat or the war continues and if it is still going by x day NPO will hit.

Tell me, what choice did certain alliances have?

I know talks lasted a bit longer because of that one little change. You fought like hell to add it and now you should own up to it. *Everyone* now knows. I'm merely giving you an audience to show how much have a b.a. you really are. Isn't that what this term was suppose to accomplish meaningless posturing hurr durr I got people to admit defeat.

I meant to the extent they went to ensure that term was included. It wasn't anything any of the other alliances in this conflict did. It's not even GATO. It's Kubla.
[/quote]
This post only greatly increases my respect for Kubla, GATO, and for Pacifica's associated support.

See above.
[/quote]

I don't particularly care if they got terms or not. I think they should have actually fought though, even Sparta put up a better show. They shielded themselves in peace-mode and basically didn't do much at all

[/quote]

Someone has to explain to me what the problem is with agreeing that you gave each other a really good war but in the end the other guy edged you out a bit. I'm picturing a football team whining after a game about how they didn't actually [i]lose[/i] even though they scored one point less, because they had more offensive yards.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='TimLee' timestamp='1343194395' post='3014862']
In an attempt to to discuss my private grievances. That is, but a drop in the bucket. However, I find it curious GATO would threaten to have NPO hit MHA if they didn't agree to that one little revised term during discussions. I call petty as I see petty. It was a !@#$%* move.
[/quote]
Well, now things make more sense.
Remember in the future: you have to make your argument in your first presentation. The number of people that saw your initial weird tirade who will come back to see the conclusion is tiny. A blog with a proper introduction, body, and conclusion would do you well.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1343201162' post='3014955']
I personally and directly went to one of the MHA tri's and explained our position.

GATO had asked for NPO to enter, we were ready to do so. Within 24 hours they asked us to wait. So we waited... waited... waited some more. I felt they (GATO) were being strung along. In this I let MHA know I could not sit by and watch that continue. If peace was there, awesome we could end the war. If it wasn't, they needed to prepare because NPO would be entering.

No threats, simple communication letting them know how things were from our end. Seeing as both wanted peace, it all worked out. Please do not insult your alliance, my ally or my alliance by stating it was something sinister or twisted.
[/quote]
"It's not a threat, it's a promise." -_-

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343223006' post='3015050']
Brehon may be many things, but he's not a liar! I'm glad to see a clarification on that.

So that means TimLee really is upset because of an admission of defeat. How [i]petty[/i]
[/quote]
It's obvious that TimLee is not upset about an admission of defeat, he's upset that GATO's government reneged on assurances that had previously been made, and used NPO's considerably more intelligent and scary government to force the issue.

Not really. Fringe alliance is on the fringe of war. If you wanted worse terms for MHA or any other alliance, then by all means fight them yourself or get your alliance to do so. I don't see why our alliances (which to my knowledge rarely resort to things such as reps or ridiculous terms) simply because you and your ilk believe certain alliances should get draconic terms? These are obviously the terms that GATO/LoSS/DT/TIO/Brain/Hooligans all believed MHA and the rest fully deserved otherwise, I am sure there would have been other terms. [/quote]
And yet you stupid little fringe allies keep doing their dirty work. It's an easy problem to solve if you [i]actually[/i] cared (but let's not kid ourselves, here).

I think that after months of chest-thumping it is absolutely peachy that GATO had to actually threaten escalation to get an alliance so widely regarded as awful as MHA to agree to explicitly admit defeat. But what else was GATO supposed to do, really? C&G is busy, (still no help from Duckroll, ODN?) and you're absolutely starved for a victory after, what, 4 years? Remember, my gaunt GATOan friends, that you shall rupture your stomachs if you eat too much after so long a famine.

You may have won this little war, but you certainly didn't win any acclaim. More green for NPO's wiki, I say.