Compensations.

Xarastier

How do we compensate other rulers to induce them to do or not do something? For instance. If I want to induce another ruler to trade resources, how do I pay, induce or compensate him to accept my trade?
Similarly, how would I pay, induce or compensate a ruler(s) not to declare war on me?

You can use the foreign aid system to send up to 3,000,000$ and/or 50 tech and/or 2,000 soldiers.

You can only send an aid "offer" once every 10 days between two nations however, and can have only 4 at any time (unless you have the Foreign Aid Ministry improvement or the Disaster Relief Agency wonder, both of which add one).

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1343011906' post='3013420']
You can use the foreign aid system to send up to 3,000,000$ and/or 50 tech and/or 2,000 soldiers.

You can only send an aid "offer" once every 10 days between two nations however, and can have only 4 at any time (unless you have the Foreign Aid Ministry improvement or the Disaster Relief Agency wonder, both of which add one).
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads-up enderland. I did read the Info index on Foreign Aid, but thought there's another method of compensation other than "Aid".

Btw, I too am a student of philosophy & metaphysics, and took note of both your avatar & signature:

"There is but one truly serious philosophical problem, and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy."
-Albert Camus

I wonder if you'd be so kind as to browse the link below of my newly published ebook,and kindly repy with your thoughts after reviewing the book cover & reading the preview.

http://www.amazon.co...ader_B007NZBXE2

I could also use a resource trade. :)