SCREAMING RED ASSES ANNOUNCEMENT

P9tO8q7.png

Politically, it is a liberating time on Planet Bob.

Time was you needed a valid CB to enter into a war with another alliance; now, a valid CB can consist of “'Sup, Sparta” and no one bats an eye.

The treaty web, though ponderous, used to provide a framework from which foreign policy decisions could be examined. Treaties were drawn up by type (MDP, ODaAP, PIAT, etc.) and announced on the OWF, so people would know where they stood on the checkered panorama of foreign relations. Now, apparently, a PIAT is squishy enough to apply to any and all assistance.

Resistance to either change is decried with charges of “e-lawyering”.

Rather than lament this crumbling of law, order and precedent, The Screaming Red Asses have chosen to embrace it. Why fight the future – in fact, here at Red Ass Headquarters we have decided to take these changes a step further, and announce Planet Bob’s very first:[/size]

SURPRISE ONE WAY WIKI-PIAT
Featuring The Screaming Red Asses and LOSS

kZ7hdBM.pngYARapyn.png

The signatory alliances agree to peaceful coexistence, to share intelligence as necessary, and to provide aid under certain circumstances.

Uotfxjq.png?1

Treaty FAQ’s:
Q) What do you mean “Featuring” The Screaming Red Asses and LOSS? Shouldn’t that be “between”?
A) Not at all, you unwitting thrall to traditional thought. “Between” would connote that both parties understood and signed the treaty. That is absolutely NOT the case. I know traditionally that alliances enter treaties together. Seems almost quaint now… this is where the “ONE WAY” part of the treaty comes in. This is a new breed of treaty – LOSS literally had nothing to do with it. That is why their signatures don’t appear, and neither does their flag.

Q) What is the “SURPRISE” part of the treaty?
A) Well, not only did LOSS not sign the treaty, but they are learning about it right here and now with you! Surprise!

Q) What in the heck is a “WIKI-PIAT”?
A) Well, if you’re as old as I am, you remember a time when words and events had established definitions and meanings, and places like dictionaries and encyclopedias were the place where you’d find those definitive meanings. Well, people soon realized how stupid THAT was, and so Wiktionaries and Wikipedia’s sprang up. Now things are defined not by what they are, but by what most people feel they are. WIKI-PIAT is the same – it’s whatever I feel it is. This sentiment is clearly already out there, I just gave it a name.

This new treaty type is one-stop shopping – I predict that all other forms of treaty will soon become defunct, as the "Surprise One Way Wiki-PIAT" obviates the need for all of them.

Q) And so by "aid", you mean...
A) Correct. Anything I want it to mean -- from a mindless hail on the OWF to nukes. It is all aid of one sort or another.

Q) Is this a declaration of war on GPF, NEAT and PPO?
A) Allow me to refer that question to Bill Clinton.

Q) This treaty seems like it flies in the face of established convention and years of precedent.
A) First, stop being an @&#hole -- that wasn’t a question, it was a statement.
Second – you shut yer e-lawyering piehole.

If you don’t like this treaty, I predict you will really HATE our upcoming "SURPRISE ONE WAY WIKI-MERGE" featuring The Screaming Red Asses and GPA. Immediately thereafter, we will suss out just what we think "neutrality" means. To us, that is -- it doesn't matter what you think.

Edited by Walshington