Peace Mode Stats

Rush Sykes

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1342240399' post='3009983']
No strategy is going to 'work'. All they can do is try and limit the damage they take and prepare for next war.
[/quote]

What's this 'next war' you all keep on about? You think we're going to let you go and re-engage us at a later date, despite us knowing your intentions?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1342244872' post='3010017']
What's this 'next war' you all keep on about? You think we're going to let you go and re-engage us at a later date, despite us knowing your intentions?
[/quote]
There is always next war, people should have learned that by now.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1342245171' post='3010021']
There is always next war, people should have learned that by now.
[/quote]
Yes, and it will be us building a highway interchange over your ashes [i]yet again[/i] when you stow away the bulk of your NS in peace mode, stick out your tongue, and yell "I'll get you next time!" Kind of makes it hard for us to do something other than keep a close eye on you.

Vincent Xander got GATO and AEGIS obliterated by being too forthright in his scheming, but even he was never so brash as to just state his emotions on the OWF. Good characters don't just say how they feel. That you do that makes me angry!

Edited by Ardus

The numbers will always be skewed. PM is a much more important strategy for the losing side for rebuilding and regrouping. Questionable nations on the winning side can sit out fighting/dog-pile and continue their merry pixel-hoarding ways. Useless nations alliance hop to where they are most safe and add to the war ready nations despite never intending to fight. Nations on the winning side should rarely face terrible odds that force them into PM to regroup or (lol)salvage their nation.

Not to say that this is a knock on those wearing the jack-boots in a war. It's how the broken game works. UE provided useful stats. These stats are garbage.

/alliances that use PM as a survival tool not withstanding

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1342245522' post='3010024']
Yes, and it will be us building a highway interchange over your ashes [i]yet again[/i] when you stow away the bulk of your NS in peace mode, stick out your tongue, and yell "I'll get you next time!" Kind of makes it hard for us to do something other than keep a close eye on you.

Vincent Xander got GATO and AEGIS obliterated by being too forthright in his scheming, but even he was never so brash as to just state his emotions on the OWF. Good characters don't just say how they feel. That you do that makes me angry!
[/quote]

It's a date then :ehm:

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1342227194' post='3009916']
This would be pretty impossible to do unless someone had a ton of time, but I'd love to see the average time spent in PM per alliance (and coalition), which would answer the "PM is a tactic" versus "Hiding in PM forever" question.
[/quote]
This would be pretty cool to see.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1342235315' post='3009944']
Ok, since the SF side seems to think throwing in all the micros will make a difference, I just pulled ALL the nations from the list in the ASR thread.
[/quote]
One Polar nation is the SF side? Not to mention he already did his data...

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1342244872' post='3010017']
[/quote]
The one after this one that is still being determined. Don't be paranoid. Or cocky.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1342238116' post='3009959']
The problem with this strategy, as Brehon has screamed repeatedly, is that a) it makes you more likely to be the target again, because you did not get properly rolled. Also, it gives you a stigma that is hard to escape, a la Sparta who is doing the same thing this war that they did last war.
[/quote]

I like this mentality: If you are already being rolled without reason do that as the people who are rolling you want or they will roll you again, just because you didn't use the war strategy they wanted.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1342247320' post='3010032']
The one after this one that is still being determined. Don't be paranoid. Or cocky.
[/quote]

But I love being both those things so much. :(

Can I try to deduce things from the information available to me?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1342251395' post='3010056']
I like this mentality: If you are already being rolled without reason do that as the people who are rolling you want or they will roll you again, just because you didn't use the war strategy they wanted.
[/quote]
Last war wasn't started "without reason". This war is a continuation of the last, essentially, because all these people love to not use their nations.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1342247320' post='3010032']
One Polar nation is the SF side? Not to mention he already did his data...
[/quote]
Thought about saying it, but didn't. I also said I wonder what their impact would be, not "OMG RUSH IS SKEWING THE DATA BY LEAVING OUT MICROS".

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1342243286' post='3010004']
Us getting "properly rolled" (6 mil NS to 1.8 mil NS) didn't stop us from getting pre-empted by NG for completely BS reasons this war.
The whole reason you could attack us worry-free this war is DuckRoll already did the hard work of rolling us, and you attacked an already-defeated, half-rebuilt foe with half-rebuilt warchests and no top tier. Real heroes there.
[/quote]
It's your other allies and allies of allies that largely lead to the "didn't get rolled hard enough last war" thing. If every alliance SF/XX alliance had fought like RIA or FARK, it's not as likely that we would be here. I say "not as likely" because there were other political factors at play, like Sparta's support for BM.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342263421' post='3010076']
Last war wasn't started "without reason". This war is a continuation of the last, essentially, because all these people love to not use their nations.
[/quote]

Sure. Thanks for this deep political insight. Matters certainly developed this way.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1342281357' post='3010130']
[...] I say "not as likely" because there were other political factors at play, [b]like Sparta's support for BM.[/b]
[/quote]

To clarify: it's an ODP. Now one can wonder whether BM having any treaties upsets you.

[quote name='Garion' timestamp='1342281576' post='3010133']
Sure. Thanks for this deep political insight. Matters certainly developed this way.
[/quote]
Thanks for correcting my post then! You very much contributed to this discussion.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1342243286' post='3010004']
Us getting "properly rolled" (6 mil NS to 1.8 mil NS) didn't stop us from getting pre-empted by NG for completely BS reasons this war.
The whole reason you could attack us worry-free this war is DuckRoll already did the hard work of rolling us, and you attacked an already-defeated, half-rebuilt foe with half-rebuilt warchests and no top tier. Real heroes there.
[/quote]

SF

That is the reason you (the SF alliances) where hit. CSN and GOD got off very easy last war after a very short time period (no need to argue NS, its the perception we have to deal with here). CSN was hit and SF didn't respond, thus re-enacting what happened before (exactly no, but close enough for people to completely accept a perception), enter the bitterness I was talking about. Enter the pre-empts and the desire of those who have beef to have it collected. It doesn't matter if a pound of flesh or 10 was given, it is washed away only by just taking what is before you and moving on. Not even for your attackers, but for you and your alliances.

I am not saying this because I am against you, I am saying this because I lived it. I know its not fun being on the receiving end. Take the punch completely and let this end.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1342294809' post='3010196']
SF

That is the reason you (the SF alliances) where hit. CSN and GOD got off very easy last war after a very short time period (no need to argue NS, its the perception we have to deal with here). CSN was hit and SF didn't respond, thus re-enacting what happened before (exactly no, but close enough for people to completely accept a perception), enter the bitterness I was talking about. Enter the pre-empts and the desire of those who have beef to have it collected. It doesn't matter if a pound of flesh or 10 was given, it is washed away only by just taking what is before you and moving on. Not even for your attackers, but for you and your alliances.

I am not saying this because I am against you, I am saying this because I lived it. I know its not fun being on the receiving end. Take the punch completely and let this end.
[/quote]

Nobody can argue that C&G, MK et.al... did not take their punches when we were on the wrong end. The irony is , a great many of those now hiding, were on the winning side for those beatdowns. They learned nothing about how to win over fringe allies with a willingness to fight. All the non0fighting does is tell the fringe allies that if they join your cause next time, they will have to carry you because you are unwilling to fight. (Note: this post is just in reply to Brehon as an addendum, not directed to him before someone thinks otherwise.)

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1342287706' post='3010161']
To clarify: it's an ODP. Now one can wonder whether BM having any treaties upsets you.
[/quote]
The treaty itself wasn't important, it's the fact that it made it crystal clear that Sparta was gunning for us.

Since some people were asking, I picked a couple from each front to do leg work on since I don't have a programming bone in my body I would run out of clicks before doing everyone on both sides :P My preferred method is working out averages is using mean as its fluid and seems the most ideal one for what we need.

TLR: (39) 20/18/4/18/18/5/18/9/1/7/20/19/18/18/6/18/18/13/31/25/16/21/17/26/10/12/30/29/27/9/22/14/25/2/29/5/26/28/22 > Average days in peacemode: 17
GOD: (36) 0/0/1/2/1/3/1/11/10/9/1/10/10/10/9/30/10/3/10/30/30/11/11/31/29/30/29/19/20/30/30/30/30/31/28/30 > Average days in peacemode: 16
MK: (60 (is 61 but 1 over a year in pm so removed)) 5/4/6/30/15/1/0/15/1/4/9/6/31/1/8/31/31/3/31/2/31/1/2/10/18/31/31/2/1/5/27/31/1/31/7/30/12/10/11/12/7/7/1/1/1/8/8/8/2/27/31/30/7/29/5/31/8/31/8/30 > Average days in peacemode: 13
CSN: (30) 7/3/30/3/12/31/30/8/8/30/9/2/31/30/20/31/3/11/22/22/22/22/31/22/2/0/8/31/31/31 > Average days in peacemode: 18

Was mildly surprised at the results...

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1342301375' post='3010244']
Nobody can argue that C&G, MK et.al... did not take their punches when we were on the wrong end. The irony is , a great many of those now hiding, were on the winning side for those beatdowns. They learned nothing about how to win over fringe allies with a willingness to fight. All the non0fighting does is tell the fringe allies that if they join your cause next time, they will have to carry you because you are unwilling to fight. (Note: this post is just in reply to Brehon as an addendum, not directed to him before someone thinks otherwise.)[/quote]

Can you see the irony of what you said when reading above. :)

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1342281357' post='3010130']
It's your other allies and allies of allies that largely lead to the "didn't get rolled hard enough last war" thing. If every alliance SF/XX alliance had fought like RIA or FARK, it's not as likely that we would be here. I say "not as likely" because there were other political factors at play, like Sparta's support for BM.
[/quote]
You would have pre-empted us no matter what happened last war, in fact this war is a vindictive little war that if we'd all been rolled into oblivion last war would have just made it more enjoyable for you and your toadies, just with more whining from your top tier.

Edited by Ogaden

Good stats the rebel. Unfortunately the alliances you picked from the SF/XX side aren't the ones that are always at the butt end of PM jokes. I would like to see the numbers for the ones who currently are just to see if there's much merit to them. I'm working on some long term stats, but won't be releasing them until the end of the war.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Mompson

[quote name='Mompson' timestamp='1342309071' post='3010285']
Good stats the rebel. Unfortunately the alliances you picked from the SF/XX side aren't the ones that are always at the butt end of PM jokes. I would like to see the numbers for the ones who currently are just to see if there's much merit to them.[/quote]

I only know of Sparta and Legion that have been jokes of pm, the latter seemed to go all out at the beginning... But since I'm bored

Sparta: (113) 24/1/3/0/5/4/3/12/7/2/2/12/1/12/7/1/9/1/7/6/8/5/1/9/4/4/9/6/23/22/30/26/5/5/12/22/8/30/3/3/30/3/2/7/30/12/2/11/28/13/3/13/12/3/9/4/29/30/7/29/4/30/9/11/7/6/10/2/23/2/2/11/4/12/12/13/13/30/4/3/30/30/4/30/23/3/23/29/26/21/5/27/28/29/30/24/28/29/30/30/23/28/30/30/30/30/30/28/30/28/30/30/30 > Average days in peacemode: 15

I don't blame alliances that are getting aggressively attacked and outnumbered for putting as many people as they can in peace mode and keeping them there. People are entitled to use whatever strategy they desire to achieve the best outcome for their alliance. I don't think it should be looked down upon when a party is unwilling to lie on the ground with the curb in their lips for an oppressor to apply a boot to the back of their skull.