Peace Mode Stats

Rush Sykes

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1342213883' post='3009833']
Jesus Christ! This is why I hate war these days on bob. Peacemode this peacemode that all throughout the war without missing a day, go out and get laid people.
[/quote]
Is this real?

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1342213883' post='3009833']
Jesus Christ! This is why I hate war these days on bob. Peacemode this peacemode that all throughout the war without missing a day, go out and get laid people.
[/quote]
It's almost like you're a bad ripoff of detlev. You even used his catch phrase.

Edited by flak attack

I'd like to see the stats for the coalitions as a whole. Bull Moose currently has 7.5% of nations in PM, AGW is 13.8, The Sasori Initiative is at 8.6. Even if they are micros, I wonder about their impact on the numbers as a whole.

EDIT: So bored, doing this.

Edited by Mompson

[quote name='Mompson' timestamp='1342216008' post='3009849']
I'd like to see the stats for the coalitions as a whole. Bull Moose currently has 7.5% of nations in PM, AGW is 13.8, The Sasori Initiative is at 8.6. Even if they are micros, I wonder about their impact on the numbers as a whole.
[/quote]

Much like their impact on the war itself.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1342217756' post='3009858']
Much like their impact on the war itself.
[/quote]
Except people aren't arguing over the numbers of only the top alliances in each coalition, they are arguing over the numbers of the coalition as a whole .

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsG-5abjuYc5dHFOdWZmTmxXVlBOSzB5ZmNTbEJCZWc&output=html

Here are the rest of the nations instead of only the top 19. If we combine my numbers with Rush's (minus the ANS, I'm way too lazy to get the stat download) here's what we get.

MK and Friends:

Total NS Available: 108,539,871+840,634= [b]109,380,505[/b]

Total Nations Avai: 2971+74= [b]3045[/b]

Total NS in PM : 27,570,052+155,477.621= [b]27,725,529.62[/b]

Percent NS in PM : [s]25.4[/s] [b]25.3[/b]

Total Nations PM : 748+11= [b]759[/b]

Percent Nations PM: [s]25.2[/s] 24.9

ANS of PM Nations : 36,858 ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SF/XX and friends:

Total NS Available: 54,630,081+3,373,923= [b]58,004,004[/b]

Total Nations Avai: 2166+261= [b]2427[/b]

Total NS in PM : 32,250,626+880,704.583= [b]33,131,330.58[/b]

Percent NS in PM : [s]59.0[/s] [b]57.1[/b]

Total Nations PM : 871+51= [b]922[/b]

Percent Nations PM: [s]40.2[/s] [b]38.0[/b]

ANS of PM Nations : 37,027 ???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some change, but not enough to be majorly significant. Anyway, the numbers aren't incredibly surprising, the coalition that is outnumbered stats wise almost always has a higher PM percentage.

Edited by Mompson

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1342213345' post='3009827']
Ok, I'll concede that point. I haven't checked as of late. How about the rest? Are they at any other AAs. We all know that's a well known MK tactic during wartime.
[/quote]
We frequently have people going to allied AAs to fight, most notably last war joining the ODN AA for MHA, but I've never heard of any of our members joining an allied to AA to avoid getting declared on.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1342230087' post='3009928']
Can you provide stats for how many nations produce cheesecake? I feel this would be more useful than peace mode stats.
[/quote]
http://www.cybernations.net/search_advanced_trades.asp?resources=%2BCattle%2B&resources=%2BWheat%2B&selectioncriteria=0&team=Any&Strength1=&Strength2=&B1=Search+Nations

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1342227194' post='3009916']
This would be pretty impossible to do unless someone had a ton of time, but I'd love to see the average time spent in PM per alliance (and coalition), which would answer the "PM is a tactic" versus "Hiding in PM forever" question.
[/quote]
Yeah, that would probably involve a script to scan individual nations which would get crazy and most likely increase the server load and be against the rules. Or someone who can scan 5k nations daily. I'd love to see it however. It'd also be best to start at the beginning of the war rather than now.

Another option (not sure if this would be statistically correct, but I can't think of anything else) you could track the number of nations in PM per day, count each nation each day as 1 day in peace mode, then at the end of the conflict, look at all nations in the alliance that went to PM some time during the conflict through the individual nation screens and divide total "days" by the number of nations that went to PM sometime during the conflict. I believe that that should give you the average number of days over the course of a war each nation that went to PM was in PM. It doesn't however measure days in a row, which I think is what you want, but average days over the course of the whole war, which could still leave room to argue on how those days were spent.

Ok, since the SF side seems to think throwing in all the micros will make a difference, I just pulled ALL the nations from the list in the ASR thread.

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ago11P8_ESDNdDlISmd5T0VvZTExSHpJa3hVdXVWSkE#gid=1]The Data[/url]

The sheet has everything you need to break it down by AA, if you want to get all huffy with "RAWR MY AA WOULD NEVAR DO THAT." Copy and fiddle away.

If you want peace mode over time, these sheets would need to be pulled over time. I don't care that much about this to do so.

tl;dr:
Dolan has 74.51% of nation strength, 75.28% of nations in war mode.
Gooby has 40.26% of nation strength, 62.28% of nations in war mode.

Also, to this nation: [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=32247]this smug !@#$%^& right here[/url]. I hate that you have a comma in your ruler name.

As if war doesn't come around rarely enough, now we have to try to avoid it altogether with these half-hearted peace-wars.

Yeah, getting dragged into a pointless, losing war for a ally of an ally of ally sucks. We get it. So cut some !@#$@#$ treaties and maybe the next time you go to war it will be on your own terms, and for a real reason.

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1342230087' post='3009928']
Can you provide stats for how many nations produce cheesecake? I feel this would be more useful than peace mode stats.
[/quote]

All ODN members produce cake of all kinds in copious quantities.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' timestamp='1342236148' post='3009947']
Interesting, but not altogether that surprising. If they're going to lose anyway, they may as well try and 1. inflict as much damage for as long as possible and 2. try and take as little damage as possible.
[/quote]

The problem with this strategy, as Brehon has screamed repeatedly, is that a) it makes you more likely to be the target again, because you did not get properly rolled. Also, it gives you a stigma that is hard to escape, a la Sparta who is doing the same thing this war that they did last war.

So, our 81 million vs their 22 million currently.

A small sacrifice for the greater strategy? xD

Another interesting stat:

We have more in NS in peace mode than they do in war mode.

(Hint: This strategy isn't working. Go figure.)

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1342238116' post='3009959']
The problem with this strategy, as Brehon has screamed repeatedly, is that a) it makes you more likely to be the target again, because you did not get properly rolled. Also, it gives you a stigma that is hard to escape, a la Sparta who is doing the same thing this war that they did last war.
[/quote]
Correct.

I am just saying there is a reason to their madness.

[quote name='Canik' timestamp='1342239769' post='3009979']
So, our 81 million vs their 22 million currently.

A small sacrifice for the greater strategy? xD

Another interesting stat:

We have more in NS in peace mode than they do in war mode.

(Hint: This strategy isn't working. Go figure.)
[/quote]

No strategy is going to 'work'. All they can do is try and limit the damage they take and prepare for next war.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1342238116' post='3009959']
[/quote]
Us getting "properly rolled" (6 mil NS to 1.8 mil NS) didn't stop us from getting pre-empted by NG for completely BS reasons this war.
The whole reason you could attack us worry-free this war is DuckRoll already did the hard work of rolling us, and you attacked an already-defeated, half-rebuilt foe with half-rebuilt warchests and no top tier. Real heroes there.

Edited by Ogaden