Peace Mode Stats

Rush Sykes

So, in this conflict, much has been made of the use of peace mode as a tactic vs a means to preserve post-war NS. I have seen numbers thrown around liberally, claiming that both sides have the same % of nations in PM... people wanting to know what % of total NS on each side in PM, blah blah blah. Since I have a ton of free time today, I have compiled all the PM data that is needed for people to engage in their fun arguments. Those who want to verify the validity of my data, the spreadsheet can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AoiqrwhcMH0IdG9BbWQ1aVpOMEl0R2d5MHZnT2M1a1E&output=html

So here goes all the (I think) pertinent data:

MK and Friends:

Total NS Available: 108,539,871

Total Nations Avai: 2971

Total NS in PM : 27,570,052

Percent NS in PM : 25.4

Total Nations PM : 748

Percent Nations PM: 25.2

ANS of PM Nations : 36,858

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SF/XX and friends:

Total NS Available: 54,630,081

Total Nations Avai: 2166

Total NS in PM : 32,250,626

Percent NS in PM : 59.0

Total Nations PM : 871

Percent Nations PM: 40.2

ANS of PM Nations : 37,027

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The above data was compiled from the statistics of the top 19 alliances in each coalition as of 1PM EST. Feel free to put your respective spins on the data presented.

Edit: Can a mod PLEASE change the topic title from Peace Mod Stats to Peace Mode Stats.

Edited by Rush Sykes

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've had 6 people permanently in PM the entire war, basically because they can't fight for !@#$. They were well distributed within our ranks. They now happen to be our top tier, because they haven't fought, yet everyone else has. Looks are deceiving and everyone should just shut the $%&@ up with the PM !@#$ and just war.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1342211733' post='3009807']
I was considering making a similar thread where I keep track of who has made the most !#$% posts that are talking trash about peace mode.

Edit: How long did it take you to compile these Rush?
[/quote]

Thanks to the ease with which you can pick out date from Firefox line by line, it only took about 2 hours total.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1342211825' post='3009809']
Tldr: You can manipulate the stats a multitude of ways ....Rush got bored and wanted to see people post apparently :P
[/quote]
How the hell is this manipulating? By not including the alliances that won't really impact the war?

You're also not including all the people who ditched their AA to go hide somewhere to rebuild and collect (i.e. MK going to Alchemy), whereas if they stayed in their AA, they'd be in PM.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1342212642' post='3009821']
You're also not including all the people who ditched their AA to go hide somewhere to rebuild and collect (i.e. MK going to Alchemy), whereas if they stayed in their AA, they'd be in PM.
[/quote]

Before citing Alchemy, id suggest that you look at their AA. I see off hand no MKers there to escape to PM. Hence, if they were there, they are likely back in MK now, and thus, not excluded from this data.

Edit: On day 1 of the war, MK had 144 nations. They now show 138. There may be 6 floating out there elsewhere. Are you really trying to convince me that those 6 nations specifically skews the data? That is pretty silly. Also, its reasonable to assume that people on both sides do this, therefore its equally likely to all even out in the rinse cycle.

Counterpoint: Sparta began with 274 nations, they now have 250. Should I seek out those missing 24? The truth is... none of those cases will significantly impact the stats.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1342212983' post='3009825']
Before citing Alchemy, id suggest that you look at their AA. I see off hand no MKers there to escape to PM. Hence, if they were there, they are likely back in MK now, and thus, not excluded from this data.
[/quote]

Ok, I'll concede that point. I haven't checked as of late. How about the rest? Are they at any other AAs. We all know that's a well known MK tactic during wartime.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1342213345' post='3009827']
Ok, I'll concede that point. I haven't checked as of late. How about the rest? Are they at any other AAs. We all know that's a well known MK tactic during wartime.
[/quote]

I know that CRAP tried to hide some of their, sorry about this, crappier nations on a different AA. They left "CRAP member" in their bio, but nonetheless it was a valiant effort. So there's a few for your team :P

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1342211957' post='3009811']
How the hell is this manipulating? By not including the alliances that won't really impact the war?
[/quote]

I didn't say Rush was manipulating the stats he produced, derp.

I'm saying anyone can have a valid reason for why they are represented as they are and each person would be right. Some more than others.

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1342213645' post='3009830']
I know that CRAP tried to hide some of their, sorry about this, crappier nations on a different AA.
[/quote]

You aren't sorry about this at all. :v:

Thanks for the statistics, Rush.

Might be good to also add the ANS of all nations involved on a side to help look at such things at upper tier nations and availability etc. Just a thought.

Nice service to provide the data, though I don't it will do much to "win" any "OMG Peace Mode" arguments.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1342213641' post='3009829']
"When we use peace mode is tactic, when you use is cowardice yadda yadda"
[/quote]

Not quite. When everyone else uses peace mode they are hiding from my nation. When I use peace mode I'm reloading.

Right now there are thousands of players hiding from my nation. :smug:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1342212983' post='3009825']

Edit: On day 1 of the war, MK had 144 nations. They now show 138. There may be 6 floating out there elsewhere. Are you really trying to convince me that those 6 nations specifically skews the data? That is pretty silly. Also, its reasonable to assume that people on both sides do this, therefore its equally likely to all even out in the rinse cycle.

Counterpoint: Sparta began with 274 nations, they now have 250. Should I seek out those missing 24? The truth is... none of those cases will significantly impact the stats.
[/quote]
Invicta knows little to nothing, news at 11

[quote name='sir pwnage' timestamp='1342213645' post='3009830']
I know that CRAP tried to hide some of their, sorry about this, crappier nations on a different AA. They left "CRAP member" in their bio, but nonetheless it was a valiant effort. So there's a few for your team :P
[/quote]

Ok fine, I'll concede that then too. It's not something that we would do and I had assumed it wasn't commonplace, but apparently it is. I've seen it happen plenty, but usually only from the larger side. Move along. PM herp derp.

edit: I covered your edit too, Rush.

Edited by Thrash