Pirates Like to Teach Poledancing Lessons

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1342227330' post='3009917']
Honestly, who gives a !@#$ what was used or not used or weirdly worded or improperly named? War is war and let us just get on with it and have fun destroying !@#$.
[/quote]

At the end of the day, I must agree with you comrade. Though, we aren't at war at the moment.

[color=purple][b]Dark Temptation *[/b][/color] goes to make a phone call.

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1342229924' post='3009927']
At the end of the day, I must agree with you comrade. Though, we aren't at war at the moment.

[color=purple][b]Dark Temptation *[/b][/color] goes to make a phone call.
[/quote]

And that is sad comrade. Truly and completely sad... :(

[quote name='Dark Temptation' timestamp='1342226672' post='3009915']
At least pre-empts *usually* call themselves what they are. Even the most recent pre-empts (MK, FARK, FAN, etc) don't chain in on a #$^@ing PIAT and call that 'sticking with their allies.'

Also, for the sake of technicalities, a PIAT with a defense clause isn't a PIAT.
[/quote]

It's a PIAT with an "Aid" Clause... I think several people have been over that already >.> and I mean, do PIATs no longer have Aid clauses?

[quote name='gowfanatic' timestamp='1342264905' post='3010081']
It's a PIAT with an "Aid" Clause... I think several people have been over that already >.> and I mean, do PIATs no longer have Aid clauses?
[/quote]
When your Aid close includes military assistance, it's not loner an Aid clause and your treaty is no longer a PIAT. Not that I care much, I'd be fine if they wen't in on a NAP :P

Aid does not equal military assistance. Now would we have been fine with y'all like sending packets of foreign aid with like $3mil/50tech/2000soldiers.... Probably so. I mean that fits with a PIAT.... However y'all decided to just say "$%&@ it," and full on attacked anyway on an aggressive war. [b]oA means Optional Aggression; not Optional Aid.[/b] Y'all knew what you were doing and now that it backfired, you're trying to cover y'alls ass.

[quote name='Hunterman1043' timestamp='1342318922' post='3010330']
Aid does not equal military assistance. Now would we have been fine with y'all like sending packets of foreign aid with like $3mil/50tech/2000soldiers.... Probably so. I mean that fits with a PIAT.... However y'all decided to just say "$%&@ it," and full on attacked anyway on an aggressive war. [b]oA means Optional Aggression; not Optional Aid.[/b] Y'all knew what you were doing and now that it backfired, you're trying to cover y'alls ass.
[/quote]

Do you even know the definition of aid? Also when we made the declarations, we knew exactly what to expect but we didn't really care, we are doing this for our allies and we will support them when needed whether it be financially or militarily.

Edited by Swatch0

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1342227330' post='3009917']
Honestly, who gives a !@#$ what was used or not used or weirdly worded or improperly named? War is war and let us just get on with it and have fun destroying !@#$.
[/quote]

Hear hear! Let's go back to blowing each other up. I think some mooks just like to argue.

[quote name='Haven for Peace' timestamp='1342150155' post='3009484']
For those who commented on the PPO - GPF treaty, we just want to clarify that it is understood between both alliances before the treaty was ratified that Aid in PIAT meant we could request aid of any type at anytime for any reason.
[/quote]

If a PIAT offers the same benefits as an ODP and an oDAP, whay do we even have ODP's and oDAP's?

I think "aid" is a concept that is well understood in the game: money, tech and troops. I don't think the PIAT was intended to convey some kind of a la carte "wild card" to do whatever you want.

Then again, I suck at FA. Just saying this seems kind of contrived.

Everyone who gives a #%&@ what the one-man AA has to say, raise your hand!

/me pauses

Didn't think so.

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1342323352' post='3010355']
Do you even know the definition of aid? Also when we made the declarations, we knew exactly what to expect but we didn't really care, we are doing this for our allies and we will support them when needed whether it be financially or militarily.
[/quote]

Maybe financially would of been a better option since you guys havent got your own business on the right track yet.

[quote name='Lord Caparo' timestamp='1342324087' post='3010363']
Maybe financially would of been a better option since you guys havent got your own business on the right track yet.
[/quote]

We decide our treaties not you.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1342324403' post='3010367']
jesus christ people stfu and war <_<

all the e-lawyering is killing my war high
[/quote]
I'm going to echo this. I don't care whether the treaty said they should have declared or shouldn't have. What's happened has happened, and they'll pay the price of declaring either way, so there shouldn't be any further problems.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1342324596' post='3010369']
I'm going to echo this. I don't care whether the treaty said they should have declared or shouldn't have. What's happened has happened, and they'll pay the price of declaring either way, so there shouldn't be any further problems.
[/quote]

have I ever told you that when the moon shines, you're so cute when you try to act forceful :wub:

...alright now that i just disturbed an enemy time to take advantage of it :P

People get over it, NEAT and GPF went in knowing what would follow and are fine with it. PPO expected TIO to come in as I am sure GPF expected a counter, that is the nature of war and each were fine with it. Looking through this thread, it seems that PPO holds their treaties to a higher standard than most so their is your explanation if you still weren't satisfied with your e-lawyering of treaties. Now stop your !@#$%*in' and enjoy your time watching the radiation levels go up.

[quote name='Lurunin' timestamp='1342324403' post='3010367']
jesus christ people stfu and war <_<

all the e-lawyering is killing my war high
[/quote]

All wars need more of this sentiment.

That said, OWF would be nearly empty if not for e-lawyering. #dilemma

what would we be without this endless debates. e-lawyers are never in short supply on this forums. NEAT and PPO im sure you guys wanted in this war and wanted to defend your allies. nothing wrong with that. GPF you just wanted to attack us, were cool with that too cuz as you can see our allies like to come to our parties too. i mean sure its a lame attempt with the PIAT, i mean when we believe war= aid we just put a oA option in the treaty( for reference our old treaty with i believe TOOL).

[quote name='legion-x' timestamp='1342335513' post='3010417']
what would we be without this endless debates. e-lawyers are never in short supply on this forums. NEAT and PPO im sure you guys wanted in this war and wanted to defend your allies.
[/quote]

Thats why im here :)

o/ Helping allies

[quote name='Swatch0' timestamp='1342324306' post='3010365']
We decide our treaties not you.
[/quote]

The fact you're MoFA of GPF and you told me, to get my alliance to attack you?

The fact you had to be told by your superiors to stop goading me into attacking your alliance speaks alot.