Final Valhalla Announcement

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1341676138' post='3005961']
Sorry to see you go ...

[center][img]http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/dancing/1zl92fn.gif[/img]

Valhalla's Grave[/center]
[/quote]

You know, the Alliance may be gone but the people are still here. Don't celebrate too much now. After all, its the people with their hands on the nuke button :v:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1341671254' post='3005909']
A question from someone not in the know: why was this necessary?
[/quote]

From the Valhalan perspective:

At the end of 2011 Valhalla had started exploring the idea of a merger internally. Our activity levels were becoming worse and worse every passing election and those of us in gov were burning out. Rather than have Valhalla stagnate and die a slow death, we were looking at pulling the plug. A couple months ago BAPS and Oly started talking about a merger of their own. Baps and Oly are our two closest allies. This reignighted the merger discussions within Val, and we decided approach Olympus and BAPS to see if they were open to a menage a trois.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' timestamp='1341677085' post='3005966']
From the Valhalan perspective:

At the end of 2011 Valhalla had started exploring the idea of a merger internally. Our activity levels were becoming worse and worse every passing election and those of us in gov were burning out. Rather than have Valhalla stagnate and die a slow death, we were looking at pulling the plug. A couple months ago BAPS and Oly started talking about a merger of their own. Baps and Oly are our two closest allies. This reignighted the merger discussions within Val, and we decided approach Olympus and BAPS to see if they were open to a menage a trois.
[/quote]

Never though Valhalla would ever face activity problems. But best of luck for the future!

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1341682860' post='3006011']
Never though Valhalla would ever face activity problems. But best of luck for the future!
[/quote]

Never during times of war I assure you.

[quote name='Ostrogothi' timestamp='1341682860' post='3006011']
[/quote]

We have plenty of active people. and If war breaks or we need them to do something (see AA rush).. they are always there. We just didn't have enough active people that wanted Gov positions. Most of our alliance is retired gov/leaders. They know how much work it takes to keep an alliance up to our standards. and they know they don't have the time needed to fulfill that.

Combining our efforts and gov's from 3 to 1 makes it much easier to accomplish. This whole Merger thing has everyone excited again. Just the spark we needed to get this machine back up and rolling.

Goodbye dear girl, you have shouldered our burden for yrs and nurtured our souls whenever needed and can now rest the rest of the righteous and honorable ship you were....

For one last, and very very sad day, time...

[b]HAIL Valhalla[/b]!

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1341703215' post='3006272']
:( But who am I going to hate on now?
[/quote]
were still here Pez you can hate us individually :)

[quote name='Sunny Side King' timestamp='1341703383' post='3006277']
You guys haven't made your wiki page yet? I'm interested to see if you break the record of RoK's 22 treaties.

Whoops nevermind I spelled anarchy wrong. Congrats.
[/quote]
Umm No

Back in late February, 2009 I contacted chefjoe about the possibility of joining Valhalla. I'd like to thank him publicly for taking me in and I like to think that in the years that have passed since that I've paid him and Valhalla back for their hospitality.

There are many other people to thank at Valhalla...too many to mention here. But know that I look forward to working with all of you as we enter a new era.

To the haters: Your bawwing in this thread is substandard. :smug:

To STA: We can still dance. Bring your platform shoes.

We have not been struck down...we have become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.