GOD Declaration of War

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1341338930' post='3002618']
Hold up a second here Schatt, I haven't tried to make Xiph anything. You will need to specifically explain yourself on this one. And let me give you a heads up, if you are going to go on with my telling my allies about the moves he has been making while trying to appear benign, find something new. That isn't creating a boogeyman, that is relaying the facts.
[/quote]
Whatever Xiph has been up to in back channels, at the end of the day SuperFriends is a bloc that has outlived its ability to maneuver in the world. Your insistence (along with others) that Xiphosis personally or SF is a threat on the global scale that needs to be dealt with is, truly, laughable; it makes me snort. Like SF itself, Mjolnir, and others before you, you've not just ignored, but allied the true threat and are doing its dirty work.

Is Xiphosis a schemer? Always has been. But it's not 2008 or even 2011 anymore. SF is Xiph's vehicle, and it's running on fumes. (My apologies, SF, it's all business.)

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1341340032' post='3002626']
Facts? Schatt does not recognize the hegemony of your so-called 'facts'. Facts are mere ideological constructs. He has access to the much more reliable 'truth'.
[/quote]
ODN had its chance for a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=93&showentry=3459"]grand debate[/url] with Schatt, your greenhorn [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&blogid=777&showentry=3460"]blew it[/url].

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1341347601' post='3002717']
ODN had its chance for a [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=93&showentry=3459"]grand debate[/url] with Schatt, your greenhorn [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&blogid=777&showentry=3460"]blew it[/url].
[/quote]

If I understand you correctly, your argument is that because you and OsRavan had a debate on the blogs one time and he and I are in the same alliance, therefore my contention that you value your version of 'truth' over anything so inconvenient is 'facts' is (and this is not wholly clear) either invalid or to be ignored.

Really? That's all you've got?

I find it ironic how D34th clings to every unactivated treaty he gets when the side he favors is getting rolled. While when he was in Polaris he didn't have any problem with letting Polar's allies get rolled one by one between the DH/NPO and TOP/Polar wars.

Edited by alyster

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1341348439' post='3002725']
If I understand you correctly, your argument is that because you and OsRavan had a debate on the blogs one time and he and I are in the same alliance, therefore my contention that you value your version of 'truth' over anything so inconvenient is 'facts' is (and this is not wholly clear) either invalid or to be ignored.

Really? That's all you've got?
[/quote]
Oh, did you want an essay in reply to your cutesy-tootsy post? If I stooped down to reply with unwarranted eloquence to every hurrdurr jab tossed my way, I wouldn't have time to be right all the time.

Edited by Schattenmann

Whatever Xiph has been up to in back channels, at the end of the day SuperFriends is a bloc that has outlived its ability to maneuver in the world. Your insistence (along with others) that Xiphosis personally or SF is a threat on the global scale that needs to be dealt with is, truly, laughable; it makes me snort. Like SF itself, Mjolnir, and others before you, you've not just ignored, but allied the true threat and are doing its dirty work.

Is Xiphosis a schemer? Always has been. But it's not 2008 or even 2011 anymore. SF is Xiph's vehicle, and it's running on fumes. (My apologies, SF, it's all business.)
[/quote]

Only now do I realize the irony. Xiph made the mistake post-Karma of being too afraid of NPO's return to prominence, and now NPO is doing the same to him.

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1341349154' post='3002734']
Only now do I realize the irony. Xiph made the mistake post-Karma of being too afraid of NPO's return to prominence, and now NPO is doing the same to him.
[/quote]

When I had a small chat with their regent it didn't seem like they were too afraid of him. But I honestly can't blame NPO for wanting to get a piece of GOD after all they put them thru post Karma. Can't blame them if they'd want a piece of MK either :v

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1341349154' post='3002734']
[/quote]
Irony on top of irony, back then I was laughing at those who wanted to keep NPO as the boogeyman, and for 3 years I've been very happy to be a friend to NPO. See, I'm [i]fair[/i]. :smug: But now of course by dicking NPO over for 3 years, a lot of people have created their own nightmare, and they can live with it and I'd better not hear one sour word. But the truth is never popular.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1341348912' post='3002729']
Oh, did you want an essay in reply to your cutesy-tootsy post? If I stooped down to reply with unwarranted eloquence to every hurrdurr jab tossed my way, I wouldn't have time to be right all the time.
[/quote]

I recognize the difficulties of being you - that amount of truthiness must be enormously hard to sustain. So no, I didn't want an essay in reply to my penetrating assessment. I merely hoped for an actual reply. Alas, it was not to be.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1341348609' post='3002727']
I find it ironic how D34th clings to every unactivated treaty he gets when the side he favors is getting rolled. While when he was in Polaris he didn't have any problem with letting Polar's allies get rolled one by one between the DH/NPO and TOP/Polar wars.
[/quote]

I like how you created things out of nowhere, Polaris never refused to defend its allies: UINE, UPN and The Legion specifically requested to Polaris and its other allies do not activate the treaties and even then I did my best to help each one of them. If I had some problem in lose infra to defend my allies I could had done like you, changed sides and joined MK or one of their lackeys to flee from curbstomps.

Is Xiphosis a schemer? Always has been. But it's not 2008 or even 2011 anymore. SF is Xiph's vehicle, and it's running on fumes. (My apologies, SF, it's all business.)[/quote]
One can be a threat without being the flagship of a coalition. A group can intervene in affairs not of immediate concern to them in order to tip the scales in favor of an outcome they desire. And perhaps above all else, any with the hardened will to challenge the Kingdom, in public or private, can be a threat. If they have access to the high halls of the world, the ears of those who can move, then they simply [i]are[/i] a threat.

Xiphosis lacks many things, shortcomings that have been readily noted among the righteous powers. "Will" is not among the missing. Ears listen to him. Xiphosis is therefore a threat. SuperFriends is therefore a threat. The whole SF/XX grouping is therefore a threat. And I for one will without hesitation spend the meager resources of my nation in pursuit of their destruction until they crack and blow away, like dust to the four winds, or until I run out of missiles to fire.

The Grudge War addressed many tensions long unsettled, but it also unleashed new ones. I would not let them fester. I would not again doom the world to the horrors and stagnation of peace. I say we finish the fight now.

Like SF itself, Mjolnir, and others before you, you've not just ignored, but allied the true threat and are doing its dirty work.
[/quote]

It should be noted that SF seemed to have a fixation with MJ too. How big it was we may never know, but there was some bad blood there and Xiphs posting on the day MJ was declared certainly did nothing to improve the tensions we all knew existed between SF and MJ.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1308533779' post='2735266']
Oh, I can't at all let this one go. I mobilized my alliance to roll Ragnarok's enemies on less notice than 24 hours on multiple occasions. I did this out of love, and loyalty, and because Hoo and you and others had no one else that could have your back in that way. I watched MA come into being and I safeguarded and watched over it like a hawk, making absolutely sure no one got within inches of it without feeling a great deal of pain. I hesitated in welcoming RoK to SF due to your CDT ties but very, very rapidly made a brother in Hoo - someone that had a little more swagger, and a little more carelessness - than most of SF. Someone I could enjoy, and did enjoy, many years of politicking and warring with. And always, ever always, RoK behind him. His baby. Kait can ruin it. You can tell lies. But neither of you can claim with a straight face that we dragged you on stupid errands. The stupid things SF did, as others consider them to be, were usually done with the full consent of all involved - and usually spearheaded by me/GOD and Hoo/RoK. After he left, if anything, you [i]personally[/i] were the one supporting and egging on stupid moves - as attacking UINE would have been, as it would've handily destroyed your own ally and their entire sphere. You, more than anyone, told Ego that was a good idea and should be done immediately. You, who instead of having your allies back, didn't even know who to contact in Polar when it came time to bring them into the mediation and back up UINE's stupidity. [b]I[/b] had to go get people. Because I actually know Polar, and you just played at being their ally while stabbing them in the back.

I don't know how you proverbially get out of bed in the morning, but I'm glad it's no longer mine. Honestly.
[/quote]

Definitely a great way to give a new bloc a warm fuzzy by going all emo on one of the signatories. The SF/MJ was one that was in the cards from day 1, and everyone here knows this. I also find your assertion that Valhalla et al are nothing more then MK puppets amusing. If we were really MK puppets, then C&G would not be doing everything in their power to prevent INT from breaking with the game plan and drawing us into the war. I must confess, INT's willingness to burn their reputation to avoid conflict with the vikings might give me more pride, if it was not obvious it was a self serving move to stick with one bloc of friends at the expense of others. No doubt in the future they won't make so many treaties, or at the very least, other people won't make treaties with INT.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1341350077' post='3002746']
One can be a threat without being the flagship of a coalition. A group can intervene in affairs not of immediate concern to them in order to tip the scales in favor of an outcome they desire. And perhaps above all else, any with the hardened will to challenge the Kingdom, in public or private, can be a threat. If they have access to the high halls of the world, the ears of those who can move, then they simply [i]are[/i] a threat.

Xiphosis lacks many things, shortcomings that have been readily noted among the righteous powers. "Will" is not among the missing. Ears listen to him. Xiphosis is therefore a threat. SuperFriends is therefore a threat. The whole SF/XX grouping is therefore a threat. And I for one will without hesitation spend the meager resources of my nation in pursuit of their destruction until they crack and blow away, like dust to the four winds, or until I run out of missiles to fire.

The Grudge War addressed many tensions long unsettled, but it also unleashed new ones. I would not let them fester. I would not again doom the world to the horrors and stagnation of peace. I say we finish the fight now.
[/quote]

Gotta wipe away everyone who might now like you. Right Ardus?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1341350017' post='3002743']
I like how you created things out of nowhere, Polaris never refused to defend its allies: UINE, UPN and The Legion specifically requested to Polaris and its other allies do not activate the treaties and even then I did my best to help each one of them. If I had some problem in lose infra to defend my allies I could had done like you, changed sides and joined MK or one of their lackeys to flee from curbstomps.
[/quote]

Is that what you tell yourself to sleep at night?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1341350222' post='3002750']
Gotta wipe away everyone who might now like you. Right Ardus?
[/quote]
There is dislike and there is hate combined with the will to act. Many dislike us. Few hate and have the constitution to act accordingly. I don't take lightly the latter.

In any case Everything. Must. Die.

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1341350569' post='3002755']
Aeros, you sig is pure win.
[/quote]

Not one I made unfortunately, but the artist who did is quite talented ^_^

[/quote]

Your lies and forked tongue have spread poison throughout the world, but a Fungicidal reckoning looms over your wicked and thieving head. We, the vanguard of Fungicide, are merely the first rocks in a landslide that will brush aside your feeble dominion.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1341350742' post='3002757']
Your lies and forked tongue have spread poison throughout the world, but a Fungicidal reckoning looms over your wicked and thieving head. We, the vanguard of Fungicide, are merely the first rocks in a landslide that will brush aside your feeble dominion.
[/quote]
You couldn't lead a damn banana stand, Ogaden, let alone a proper "Fungicide." The Kingdom will construct a foe worth losing to, lose to it, and then rise from the ashes and win again before you figure out how to not blow your own feet off trying to cure your athlete's foot.

A Shroom chooses.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1341351590' post='3002764']
You couldn't lead a damn banana stand, Ogaden, let alone a proper "Fungicide." The Kingdom will construct a foe worth losing to, lose to it, and then rise from the ashes and win again before you figure out how to not blow your own feet off trying to cure your athlete's foot.

A Shroom chooses.
[/quote]
Strong words, Shroom. I have done far more to sow the seeds of your demise than you could possibly realize. My truth brushes aside your lies like dust from my shoulders.
Your weakness has been exposed, your agenda lies naked for the whole world to see.

So by all means bluster and threaten and make all kinds of promises but we will remain, and you are quickly running out of meat shields.

Edited by Ogaden

[/quote]
The pomp is appreciated in this age of MK-driven drivel, but at the end of the day it's little more than pomp. Better to exert your energies figuring out how to stop NPO from steamrolling you once they're done using your hard-won political ties to get their revenge on the low-hanging fruit without wasting much of Duckroll in the process. Xiphosis may be a grade A !@#$%^&, but he never forced NPO to burn 800,000k NS for giggles, a fact Pacificans know better than I.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1341350189' post='3002749']
It should be noted that SF seemed to have a fixation with MJ too. How big it was we may never know, but there was some bad blood there and Xiphs posting on the day MJ was declared certainly did nothing to improve the tensions we all knew existed between SF and MJ.

Definitely a great way to give a new bloc a warm fuzzy by going all emo on one of the signatories. The SF/MJ was one that was in the cards from day 1, and everyone here knows this. I also find your assertion that Valhalla et al are nothing more then MK puppets amusing. If we were really MK puppets, then C&G would not be doing everything in their power to prevent INT from breaking with the game plan and drawing us into the war. I must confess, INT's willingness to burn their reputation to avoid conflict with the vikings might give me more pride, if it was not obvious it was a self serving move to stick with one bloc of friends at the expense of others. No doubt in the future they won't make so many treaties, or at the very least, other people won't make treaties with INT.
[/quote]
Your claim is that SF was fixated with Mjolnir, your citation is a quote from Xiph from which you have cleverly removed the context. In fact, far from your claim, the post in question was in response to RoK's claim that Xiph dragged them around by the nose and made them do stupid things. [snapback]2735139[/snapback] You should have known better than to remove the context considering that at the bottom of the page from which you drew that quote, there is a giant blog by me about it lampooning Xiph: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=93&showentry=3043
If RoK didn't want Xiph to "go all emo" on RoK/Mj, then perhaps everyone should have left well-enough alone. The fact of the matter is that RoK was pissed with SF and SF was pissed with RoK.

As for being "puppets" if you can't read a criticism without condensing it into something which it isn't, I can't help you with that problem. The fact of the matter is that several members of Mj had a bone to pick with SF/Xiph, and in order to get your petty revenge you allowed yourselves to become a tool of Ardus/MK. That is a fact and a truth, and if you can't own up to it or stand to hear it, then I'm sorry to inform you there are no time machines, so you'll just have to get used to it. A year later, you played your part in the "hard fought victory but still marginalized" plan very well in order to get that petty revenge, and in return you find yourselves the subject of C&G paranoia. Take it from me, friend: watch your butts.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1341345377' post='3002700']
I think you underestimate the amount of PR this will give you in the years to come. Many times we see people praise power and criticize alliances in weakness, because you are in CnG people are not openly criticizing you because you are in a place of political power except those people who have much to gain from changing PR in this war. However, I'm betting that many people now think of INT much differently and it will impact you. First you are right now probably being seen as an alliance who signs too many treaties that are like checks you cannot cash, some of your allies are probably concerned about this. Secondly because of the way that MK maneuvered to impact your decision making you are probably now seen by many alliances that you are more subject to MK's influence then you are to the word of your current treaties. In the future if you try to ally a new alliance they will either be greatly concerned about this or they will not be competent enough to understand such a nuance of the treaty web. Which lets be honest, there are many alliances that would just say "ZOMG U R in CnG." Lastly, your hit in PR will likely mean that you are now much less likely to have people join you from other alliances than you were prior INT's decision not to defend LSF from Nor. The active people who change alliances in their CN career generally want to be in alliances that are willing to be aggressive and willing to defend their allies when it counts.[/quote]

Of course those on the outside looking in who can't be bothered to actually dig past the surface (a few Val guys I've seen who are otherwise good folk), those who are pushing a certain agenda (Death/Shatt), and those who would have greatly benefited from our immediate involvement in this conflict ("Super"Friends) are going to jeer at us a bit, but our allies and every other party involved in this directly or indirectly, and really anyone who has bothered to talk to INT or LSF or CnG as a whole know the truth. Unless your alliance is willfully keeping you in the dark, you should know too unless you're being coy for whatever reason.

You're smarter than this, SCY. I know you are. -_-

[quote]Having heard from some one in INT, I know that not everyone in INT was ok with how things went down, and that the subject was highly, and emotionally contested in INT before you decided to turn your back on LSF. Having spoken to a few people in LSF I know that not everyone in LSF is ok with your alliance's decisions.
[/quote]

We're a direct democracy as is the LSF. Of course there are parties in both of our alliances upset with the situation, but that's the way it goes. The majority rules, can't please everyone, etc. People tend to get angry when the majority doesn't rule in their favor especially in such an emotionally charged situation.

[quote]Alliances change. Some alliances go balls to the wall for a friend in a losing war and then a couple of years later will bail on a friend in a similar situation. Other alliances have screwed up in the past and realized their mistakes and have made sure to be a better ally. I am not familiar with INT history prior to Karma though, when was the last time you guys lost a war?
[/quote]

ICP, -SE-, SWF, ICSN, CPCN, LSF, TRF.. our alliance is made up of people who come from a long line of commie alliances who have had their asses kicked at one point or another :P

[quote]I don't like being critical of you guys because I genuinely think you are good people, however I hate the decision you made, and I am a firm believe that when an alliance doesn't honor its treaty that at least one consequence should be PR and the criticism it receives. When I was in MCXA I would in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 still hear people who were upset at us for leaving BlEU which led to its rolling, this is the nature of the bed you have made for yourself.
[/quote]

I guess it's fair. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But you should at least look into things a bit. Hit me up in PM. Or Craig. Or VL. Or Sabcat. Or Pacifist Ninja. If you want to know details I'm sure none of these people would be afraid to give them to you.