The Amazing Sanction Race

Logan

going to disagree with you there. It is just the same as saying we will send u $1mil start up for 10k+, $2mil join aid for 25k+, or $3mil join aid for 50k+. Just a way to get members to join.

These aren't random new nations though. these are experienced and smart people. I know if I got a PM like that I'd be quite offended. But then this is Sparta's and former Atlantis members business, not mine.

It's not so much the fact that your recruiting.

It's that most nations have gotten 5+ Pms from SPARTA ALONE.

What is wrong with that?

Our alliance disbanded, and you step on the grave by offering them tech.

If your going to recuit, do it classily, send ONE message to a nation, and don't bribe them with

50 tech for 10k+

100 for 20? 30?k+

150 for 50k+

It's just wrong.

Yes, its wrong to offer incentives to consider joining XXXXXXXX alliance. :rolleyes:

It's not so much the fact that your recruiting.

It's that most nations have gotten 5+ Pms from SPARTA ALONE.

What is wrong with that?

Our alliance disbanded, and you step on the grave by offering them tech.

If your going to recuit, do it classily, send ONE message to a nation, and don't bribe them with

50 tech for 10k+

100 for 20? 30?k+

150 for 50k+

It's just wrong.

Yeah man it like the guy above us said. It is just incentive to join our alliance. We would give nations more, even equal amounts for each nation but our nations can only give so much. We must stay competitive with other alliances. Most alliances give out aid packages. I was in an alliance that didnt give out aid packages, ever, it wasnt until after I left (and joined sparta) I realized how crappy that alliance was. It doesnt exist anymore either (thankfully).

As for getting several recruiting messages, I am sorry we didnt meet your standards for good recruiting, but if you were like me, Atlantis' disbanding was an absolute shock and no one really had time to plan out which nation range they were going to recruit.

Seriously, are you guys bitter that you may actually get some competition by trying to get the majority of ex Atlantis people?

Edit: and this comes from a guy who left the game in a nuclear spree.

That is, if we were trying to get ex-Atlantis people, instead of them just coming to us. Our active recruitment efforts aren't directed towards corpses, as Kaiser so accurately put it.

And are you referring to me? If so, I don't see the relation or bearing that such holds.

Its the sanction race guys. They are doing what is legal to get ahead. Recruiting from None happens

Except we're not talking about recruiting from None. We're talking about recruiting from Atlantis.

Edited by TheFinalHero

my 2 cents, now that i have decided what they are. don't recruit people still flying the Atlantis AA, i went to none to be recruited and i think thats how it should be done. that said i was disappointed in the alliance that tried to get me to join for 6 million, i wasn't interested in picking whoever gave me the most, i wanted to go to the best place for my needs. a place i could call home, and i feel im doing that, especially when i see who else has applied.

also i auto eliminated someone from contention for trying to say Atlantis wasn't loyal and that they would never disband, go out fighting. sorry but when you face insurmountable odds its better to disband, as Atlantis voted to do, then it is to fight to ZI.

added emphasis on something i feel has been greatly overlooked.

Edited by im317

Well, anyone who thinks VE is trying to TAKE score should know that no one recruited these Atlanteans.

They all decided to come to one of their greatest allies, one of the only ones who always stood by them. VE, GR, and Vanguard. The only alliances to consistantly o/ Atlantis announcements, never troll them.

That is why 30-40 active members joined VE.

also i auto eliminated someone from contention for trying to say Atlantis wasn't loyal and that they would never disband, go out fighting. sorry but when you face insurmountable odds its better to disband, as Atlantis voted to do, then it is to fight to ZI.

added emphasis on something i feel has been greatly overlooked.

I disagree just a tiny bit.

Also, we seem to be slowing down in Farkistan. I'll commence beating the noobs again.

As the final Praetor of Atlantis, I hereby tell everyone to stow it and move on. What Sparta did was subjective, you can either respect, or disrespect for it personally, but don't come to this thread pretending that somehow your opinion is superior to others. Because boys and girls, that's just not cricket.

Let it lie.

I would like to thank Virillus for his words. I personally felt grieved at the thoughts of so many people being so displeased. I would welcome anyone who wishes to try to continue that topic to follow it up here:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=17516 I would hope this can remove it from this thread.

Very much back on topic, I look forward to looking towards the sun, even if it does have a multicoloured blob and a large blue icecube blocking my view somewhat. ;)

Edited by Lectric

sadly this has a direct effect on the sanction race, as its keeping former Atlantis members who knew nothing about this from being accepted into sanction contending alliances.

that said i wish to get back on topic and hear all the gossip that makes this race great. who's supposedly got a merger in the works? has the RIA finally given up on that secret merger? who's planning on taking a sanction spot by force? all the gossip that makes this thread win.