Official IRON Announcement

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1340216025' post='2990306']

Of course you're going to defend your ally here, but come on.
[/quote]

One would think defending allies is the whole point of having an alliance.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So because LSF was given leeway and a diplomatic chance, soon as they did it, they didn't follow up, talked more trash and NOW.... only now that they declared war, IRON isn't giving you enough. Listen I know of an alliance that was rolled for impersonation (Hello Sir Paul and the Mushroom King debacle), those that didn't pay their tech (come on please don't play coy on this) and those that after the fact talked trash after the fact. There was zero outrage for most of these. We have enough lolz, we don't need more by making some grand justification for every action we make. Accountability. You also put your allies in a crappy position.

Meh its all the rage /disappointment

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1340216026' post='2990307']
Actually, back in the old days, when Electron Sponge wrecked that little Starcraft-themed AA over a silly impersonation of himself by the AA's leader, the outcry was loud, not at all like the cheers greeting this DoW. Anyway, I don't think alluding to those particular good ole days is the best way to go about selling something.
[/quote]

FIST

I think this is a pretty different situation. From what I understand the attack being launched is because LSF agreed to something and then didn't follow through. It isn't just because of IRC impersonation.

He accepted it? That's not what the OP says (Re: " no apology ").

LSF isn't the most forum active bunch, so to expect them to demask him asap is a bit much (he did leave the AA, btw).

What was the big rush on the reps? LSF agreed to pay the reps. [i]We[/i] even agreed to pay them for them, but apparently they didn't come in fast enough. So here we are.

[/quote]

Have you considered buying your way out of this headache with IRON? They might accept a sweeter tech offer from INT to make the problem go away.

Damnit, Baka - you put me in the decidedly uncomfortable position of agreeing with Herr Schatt about something <_<

LSF clearly did not handle this well, but I'm amazed to find that NoR has left anything for IRON to do here.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1340215393' post='2990284']
Can't say I blame you for moving on one the most blatant CB's in CN history.[/quote]

LSF seems to be making a habit of giving those out.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1340215800' post='2990295']
It is extremely obvious that IRON is taking advantage of LSF's current political and military situation, whether that is to further other goals, or merely because they're butthurt over what amounts to nothing.
[/quote]

Or perhaps they, like we, don't have limitless tolerance for blatant impropriety.

Welcome to the fight, IRON.

[quote name='Alex Thompson' timestamp='1340214524' post='2990260']
I'm off LSF's AA and applied to INT yesterday.

What was that about me still being an LSF member?
[/quote]

Really? Nobody bothers to respond to this modern LSF classic?

[IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/AnuDrake/thisdumba.png[/IMG]

I haven't been around much but everything I've seen recently involving LSF has been befuddling. This situation is more than enough to merit IRON's response. Realize NATO has a treaty with them, so I may have to fight on their side again.* And I'll love the casualties, but the reasons suck so far.

*I have no operational knowledge of anything planned.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1340216571' post='2990323']
So three unrelated, but interconnected wars all going on at the same time. Interesting times I guess.
[/quote]

I count 5

Nordreich vs LSF
MK/TLR vs. CSN/Invicta/R&R
Umbrella vs Fark (lol what)
Non Grata vs RIA
IRON vs LSF

Edited by James Dahl

LSF isn't the most forum active bunch, so to expect them to demask him asap is a bit much (he did leave the AA, btw).

What was the big rush on the reps? LSF agreed to pay the reps. [i]We[/i] even agreed to pay them for them, but apparently they didn't come in fast enough. So here we are.

[/quote]
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=111638&view=findpost&p=2989330 <<< was what i was basing the apology accepted on. Didnt realize how clever the folks at LSF were in their hidden message.

If it were me as their ally I would have at least set up a schedule quickly 200 tech is nothing but 4 slots easy to pay. Considering the amount of IRC activity LSF has had you would think as an anarchist alliance one of them should have forum admin to demask someone. The excuses for them just dont have any weight period. They screwed the pooch and deserve what is comming to them.

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1340216816' post='2990330']
I haven't been around much but everything I've seen recently involving LSF has been befuddling. This situation is more than enough to merit IRON's response. Realize NATO has a treaty with them, so I may have to fight on their side again.* And I'll love the casualties, but the reasons suck so far.

*I have no operational knowledge of anything planned.
[/quote]

Just start a separate war. It's how most people do it now.

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1340216816' post='2990330']Really? Nobody bothers to respond to this modern LSF classic?

[IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/AnuDrake/thisdumba.png[/IMG][/quote]

Really? You couldn't have taken a minute out of your time and instead of posting this check his AA and find out that he is telling the truth?

As for the topic on hand, to me it looks like IRON wanted a shot at LSF anyways and LSF made it easier for them.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1340217058' post='2990338']
Whatever you want it to be, that's what it is.
[/quote]

I personally don't care either way. I was just commenting on the perceived chaos of this war.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Illustrious' timestamp='1340217100' post='2990339']
Really? You couldn't have taken a minute out of your time and instead of posting this check his AA and find out that he is telling the truth?

As for the topic on hand, to me it looks like IRON wanted a shot at LSF anyways and LSF made it easier for them.
[/quote]
What really why would Iron want anything from LSF. LSF is already getting killed by NoR. If anyone wanted something it had to be LSF trying to stir the pot.

[/quote]
the people that admitted to any wrong doing accepted responsibility and agreed to pay reps and do whatever, not the LSF,
i didn't see a need to get the LSF involved in this (unless you want to say that optimistic (alex thompson) jumped to a position of LSF representation after being in the LSF for less than a day and dictating the LSF agenda),
but you also helped perpetuate the ignorance by saying that the LSF agreed to something it did not

at this point, i don't care what everyone on planet bob thinks of the LSF, but it should be based on facts

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1340215960' post='2990305']
You are right it hasnt been 24 hours yet from the apology. My point still stands this has been on going for longer than that and a demask and first run of tech could have already been sent out if this was to be settled.
[/quote]

We tried to send them tech, and Opti was off the AA. You can't fault us that MCRABT ignored Sabcat and that we have a lack of Admins. In the NoR situation, it was clear that we just wanted a war, and nobody from LSF argued otherwise. It is also clear that in this case, we did try to avoid war and give in to IRON's ridiculous demands.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1340217232' post='2990342']
What really why would Iron want anything from LSF. LSF is already getting killed by NoR. If anyone wanted something it had to be LSF trying to stir the pot.
[/quote]

IRON has much more motivation to start something with LSF than LSF has to start something with IRON. We went at NoR because of who they are, and also because of our history together. Why would we then go after IRON? Opti acted alone and without the approval of LSF as an alliance. We defended him and negotiated on his behalf because he was a member of our alliance and that's what alliances do. It didn't mean that we agreed with him, as you can see by all of the evidence otherwise. Any animosity towards IRON from LSF at this point is from them strong-arming us and taking advantage of our situation, as I said before.

Edited by Hereno