Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

You wouldn't rather quit. If you did, you wouldn't be posting. So what you are doing is basically looking where you could snake some sympathy or what have you. Accountability, live it, learn it, love it.

So pull your head from your rear and handle your crap or shut up and leave. Those are really your options. The second requires none of this.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340037688' post='2987757']
You're right, I am ranked #24 in casualties in the game because I'm afraid of war. :awesome:

I'm assuming you've never fought for extended periods of time? It's not as cool as it sounds. After about 3 weeks it becomes a chore to log in and attack daily.
[/quote]
well now is your chance to get top 10.

last war against iron/aztec didnt get into pm for 47 days. i dont see the problem. you have plenty of money to rebuild after a few months of war.

I don't want to join any of the potential alliances that might want to start some trouble with GPA/NpO. There's no point in going down that route if I'll be stuck in an alliance I don't want to be in.

I've spoken to jerdge again, one of his final offers was that I should destroy $2 billion of my cash for peace. It seems like we can't come to a proper agreement. I've had some luck in other areas, though, so deletion may not be necessary. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340039957' post='2987778']
I don't want to join any of the potential alliances that might want to start some trouble with GPA/NpO. There's no point in going down that route if I'll be stuck in an alliance I don't want to be in.
[/quote]

Then what the hell is the reason for this whining topic? Seriously listen to Brehon, man the $%&@ up and face the consequences of your actions or get the $%&@ out.

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340039957' post='2987778']

I've spoken to jerdge again, one of his final offers was that I should destroy $2 billion of my cash for peace. It seems like we can't come to a proper agreement. I've had some luck in other areas, though, so deletion may not be necessary. Thank you for your time.
[/quote]

Right here it is in simple terms

You don't want to pay that amount of reps
They wont budge on reps amounts
You do not want to join an alliance that could potentially strong arm them to place you in a better situation.
You don't want to fight them with your 6 billion money.

Then for the love of god, DELETE then. It's about your only option.

Stop crying on here. You brought this on yourself, it's the risk you take when being a rogue.

[quote name='Megamind' timestamp='1340040143' post='2987779']
Then what the hell is the reason for this whining topic? Seriously listen to Brehon, man the $%&@ up and face the consequences of your actions or get the $%&@ out.
[/quote]

To see what others think of this situation, and how they would try to get out of it.

It's easy for you to tell someone else to pay 9 months of reps all by themselves. :rolleyes: I don't think anyone has ever had to pay such reps before, so forgive me if I don't take your advice of "manning up" seriously, you don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Adrian LaCroix' timestamp='1340041407' post='2987792']
People don't like it when you go rogue on them for no reason, and want you to pay them lots of money when you chicken out partway through and decide you want the war to stop. Amazing.
[/quote]

They don't necessarily want any money from me, they want me to suffer so I won't do it again. Which is funny, because if I decide to go rogue and quit the game in the future, I'm not going to hit some random guy, I'm obviously going to hit the alliances that made me pay massive reperations in the past. They're just planting seeds of hatred with this behavior, which is the exact opposite of what they're trying to achieve.

I'd say white peace will solve everyone's problems.

Edited by Viluin

All I've gotten from this topic is a immense amount of respect (and I already had a ton) for jerdge. He's compromised, been understanding, and generally entertained a whiny rogue who doesn't want to pay perfectly fair reps. Even after this nonsense thread, he offered Viluin a one-off solution (destroy cash reserves) which wouldn't cripple him too badly, yet he still refuses and makes no point besides this Polish hostage situation.

What is it you want, Viluin, to be let off scott-free? Jerdge has offered you every accommodation to try to a solution, yet you seem to be unwilling to accept anything but white peace. While the CN community is generally a fan of white peace, nobody is going to think you deserve it when you rouged on somebody. What do you think you deserve, exactly? You've made no reasonable offer here.

Also, I've fought wars for months on end. I enjoyed every minute of it :P

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340041555' post='2987795']
All I've gotten from this topic is a immense amount of respect (and I already had a ton) for jerdge. He's compromised, been understanding, and generally entertained a whiny rogue who doesn't want to pay perfectly fair reps. Even after this nonsense thread, he offered Viluin a one-off solution (destroy cash reserves) which wouldn't cripple him too badly, yet he still refuses and makes no point besides this Polish hostage situation.

What is it you want, Viluin, to be let off scott-free? Jerdge has offered you every accommodation to try to a solution, yet you seem to be unwilling to accept anything but white peace. While the CN community is generally a fan of white peace, nobody is going to think you deserve it when you rouged on somebody. What do you think you deserve, exactly? You've made no reasonable offer here.

Also, I've fought wars for months on end. I enjoyed every minute of it :P
[/quote]

I've lost over 5000 high-level infrastructure, 3000 land and 1000 tech, and I've paid 6 aid slots in reps (including some tech). That is not "being let off scott-free" after a raid.

Edited by Viluin

Lol, fail roguery. If I had a 6b warchest and someone were to force me into 6 months of reps, I think it'd be alot easier to just hit the alliance asking for reps for 3 months or so, until they give white peace.

Or just join an alliance and use your current status to start a war with GPA. You're no Dave, but it could be worth a shot :P

6 billion warchest.

Roughly $600 million demanded in reparations (1/10[sup]th[/sup] of your warchest).

You are currently in peace mode, have a full set of nukes, Manhattan Project, WRC, and the ability to switch one of your resources over to uranium.

So you can either agree to pay off the $600 million (I'd reckon that would take two or three months to get back with a full trade circle and that jazz) or utilize what you already have stockpiled and go out with style. Or you can join another alliance and cause a fourth separate front in the current war against NpO/GPA.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Ok, for the public:
My most recent proposal, to try compose the need of Viluin to not spend too much time paying reparations, and our need to deter future attacks, was for him to "convert" his reparations in a reduction of his warchest, at the rate of half billion for each month of monetary reps. For example, he could have paid money for 2 months, spending 2 billions in tech; he could have just spent 3 billions in tech, being then immediately free; he could have paid for 3 months, spending 1.5 billions, etc. That wouldn't have covered the NpO front, of course (I didn't find any of them on line).
Viluin refused my offer, saying that he won't accept anything less than white peace. He says that he got in some rogue association that grants him trades, and he started again to say that we'd better allow him a free peace, or else it will be worse for us, etc.

Apparently he's very happy with resuming the hostilities: I guess that all is well what ends well, as everyone will have what they're looking for.

Incidentally: for the sake of transparency I asked Viluin if he was ok with making our logs public, but he didn't answer. I am thus sorry that I can't share them here.

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340042113' post='2987804']
Ok, for the public:
My most recent proposal, to try compose the need of Viluin to not spend too much time paying reparations, and our need to deter future attacks, was for him to "convert" his reparations in a reduction of his warchest, at the rate of half billion for each month of monetary reps. For example, he could have paid money for 2 months, spending 2 billions in tech; he could have just spent 3 billions in tech, being then immediately free; he could have paid for 3 months, spending 1.5 billions, etc. That wouldn't have covered the NpO front, of course (I didn't find any of them on line).
Viluin refused my offer, saying that he won't accept anything less than white peace. He says that he got in some rogue association that grants him trades, and he started again to say that we'd better allow him a free peace, or else it will be worse for us, etc.

Apparently he's very happy with resuming the hostilities: I guess that all is well what ends well, as everyone will have what they're looking for.

Incidentally: for the sake of transparency I asked Viluin if he was ok with making our logs public, but he didn't answer. I am thus sorry that I can't share them here.
[/quote]

You are painting the wrong picture here. I never said "you better give me peace or else" or anything of the sort. I simply told you my military situation had improved, and I'm no longer a lonely nation on None, meaning I will likely keep fighting instead of deleting my nation. Unless I get white peace.

Destroying 3 billion dollars of my warchest is retarded, sorry. I refuse to do that out of principle.

Edited by Viluin

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340042361' post='2987808']
Destroying 3 billion dollars of my warchest is retarded, sorry. I refuse to do that out of principle.
[/quote]

Hey look, the guy that rouged then tried to !@#$%* and moan his way out of it on the OWF from peace mode has... a sense of pride?

Paint the picture? Just post the entre logs, so that there's no need for the people to interpret anything. Also to give them the entertainment they deserve!
(Remember to remove the hostmask(s). I suggest using a spoiler tag. Sorry I can't do much ATM as I am on the move and on my phone.)

Why should you not quit?

Because you don't want to. If you wanted to quit then you wouldn't be worried about reps or war. You would just quit. If you were on the fence you would also just quit. The fact that you are here shows you want to keep going. Which means you have to play the game. CN is about action vs consequence. You scratch my back, I scratch yours, I stab your back, you punch me in the face.

If you end it here you are a guy who rage quit after roguing and not being given white peace. Again, if you wanted to quit or were on the fence then this wouldn't bother you. What bothers you is the fact that you might want to keep playing in the future. So again, clearly you want to keep playing.

You reckon the end game is coming. You want to be a part of it. Otherwise you wouldn't complain about having your nation nerfed. So I think that's the reason you should not quit.

[quote name='OverlordShinnra' timestamp='1340043741' post='2987825']
I'll remember this thread if GPA ever gets in a war. Double the damage or 6 months of PoW. Draconian.
[/quote]
Unless they are attacked NPO-style I don't think you should hold your breath :awesome:

Just want to point out for an individual nation to pay the 650mil being demanded between the two would take literally an entire year of sending out money. Just a little over the top.

Edit: That said having read the last page, I would have taken Jerdge up on his offer to buy 3bil worth of tech as 'punishment' in a hearbeat. You don't need more than 3bil of warchest anyway.

Edited by Seerow

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1340042608' post='2987816']
Hey look, the guy that rouged then tried to !@#$%* and moan his way out of it on the OWF from peace mode has... a sense of pride?
[/quote]

It's not about pride, it's about capital destruction being pointless. When he first proposed that option I thought he was joking, to me it's worse than reps. Especially because then I still have to deal with NpO.

[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1340043947' post='2987830']
Why should you not quit?

Because you don't want to. If you wanted to quit then you wouldn't be worried about reps or war. You would just quit. If you were on the fence you would also just quit. The fact that you are here shows you want to keep going. Which means you have to play the game. CN is about action vs consequence. You scratch my back, I scratch yours, I stab your back, you punch me in the face.

If you end it here you are a guy who rage quit after roguing and not being given white peace. Again, if you wanted to quit or were on the fence then this wouldn't bother you. What bothers you is the fact that you might want to keep playing in the future. So again, clearly you want to keep playing.

You reckon the end game is coming. You want to be a part of it. Otherwise you wouldn't complain about having your nation nerfed. So I think that's the reason you should not quit.
[/quote]

Of course I don't *want* to quit. But between the options that were on the table, quitting was the best one at the time. My goal is still to get white peace before !@#$ hits the fan again.

Edited by Viluin

I have composed a poem for Viluin, which I feel is very expressive of the situation. The following is an original composition:

[i]A nuke-rogue called Viluin (a villain),
Was fond o' the bombin' and killin'.
Then he got in a fray,
With the ol' GPA.
Now he ain't findin' nukes quite so thrillin'...[/i]