Why shouldn't I quit?

Viluin

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want peace, this wasn't the way to do it, i would have accepted GPA's offer, now you most likely wont get peace from either of them until you fight a prolonged conflict for some time.

You have a six billion dollar warchest, but no gumption to use it? Seriously, why are you here whining? If you don't like the terms, you should grind NpO and GPA until they offer you better terms or until your WC runs out.

You're being silly coming on here thinking you'd get any sympathy from anyone. You'll only be respected if you actually go out and start actually fighting. Also, get over the perfectionist stuff, nuke turtling is neither hard nor time consuming.

Edited by Expletive Deleted

[quote name='OverlordShinnra' timestamp='1340043741' post='2987825']I'll remember this thread if GPA ever gets in a war. Double the damage or 6 months of PoW. Draconian.[/quote]
It's not actually two times the damage, but less than the overall damage he caused. It's six months of paying reps because we have a policy to not go beyond that regardless. He could have gone free in three months if he had accepted to send tech along with money, but he decided not to do it. Or he could be free in 1 day if he accepts to spend half of his treasury in tech. Or he could have tried to negotiate with something else than just "hey forget I've been threatening you for all this time I'll be a good boy now let's make white peace can't we?"

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340044182' post='2987833']Just want to point out for an individual nation to pay the 650mil being demanded between the two would take literally an entire year of sending out money. Just a little over the top.[/quote]
We asked for 486 millions, which he would have paid in shipments of 4.5 millions each (we have low NS nations with the FAC that can use that money). That can be paid in six months. He could have also converted half of it in tech at 50 tech for 4.5 millions (i.e. 2.7k tech), paying everything in three months. Paying the NpO could have taken another three months. The overall duration would have been between 6 and 9 months, which isn't an entire year.
Or, I don't know, considering that he was bragging that he had several billions and that he could have gone on fighting until 2014, he could have fought for more than [i]three days[/i], to see what sort of better deal he could get later on. Would I consider leaving him go with lower reps, after his tech, money and infra have been reduced? Probably so. My goal isn't to cripple his nation or to enslave him - which is definitely something I'd highly dislike - but to ensure that his capability of harming us again is severely reduced, and that the price for having attacked us "helps" dissuading him from trying again.

For all the time he just [s]asked[/s] [i]demanded[/i] that we let him go, with his warchest basically intact and with limited damage, after a few days of combat, after having deliberately lied to our face, at the same time claiming that we should trust him when he swears that he won't bother us anymore.

I am sorry for him - I truly am - but it doesn't work that way. I am not going to do his work for him, reducing our requests because he's unwilling to fight, incapable to negotiate and [s]incapable[/s] unwilling even just to understand the terms of the discussion (see all the nonsense he said about perma ZI and "enslavement", and all the silly accusations he threw at us during the previous talks - on our forums).
Why should I allow him to go away freely, without even the need of negotiating/asking anything?

[b]He doesn't want to pay tech, he doesn't want to spend time sending money, he doesn't want to have to fight for longer than what he thinks is appropriate, which is three days; he doesn't (didn't) want to burn part of his money (still having billions in his treasury and also getting around 2,000 [i]more[/i] tech levels... I am not even sure that we can consider that a punishment!)[/b]

All his reasoning is that it's terrible that he's stuck in a bad position right now that the game is dying - I have no clue how he got this idea, BTW: I didn't dare to ask - and the fact that [i]his actions[/i] brought him at this point is completely irrelevant for him. After all, he has all the rest of CN to blame.
He really doesn't look like someone I can trust to have learned his lesson and to never bother us again, in fact he looks exactly the opposite of that. While feeling pity, I am not going to save his backside in his place just because.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1340044182' post='2987833']Edit: That said having read the last page, I would have taken Jerdge up on his offer to buy 3bil worth of tech as 'punishment' in a hearbeat. You don't need more than 3bil of warchest anyway.[/quote]
Oh but we are the big bad GPA (no kidding: he called us that way... :blink: )

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340047611' post='2987868']I have made a counter-offer to the GPA on IRC (one worse than white peace). A billion dollars of capital destruction in exchange for peace with the GPA. That's around 4 months of saving up.

EDIT: I don't think the message came through on IRC. But, here it is.[/quote]
In fact you probably made your counter offer when I had already left IRC (as I was telling you I was doing), unless you were talking with someone else.
I'll think about your offer, but I have to say it's not much appealing as it is. It would have been decent, hadn't you already lied and showed that you're completely unreliable. Six or five billions, you remain too big as a threat regardless.
Maybe we can make a deal about fighting for some time and then spending that billion... I'll have you know (you're definitely not prohibited from adding something to your most recent proposal, anyway).

[size=1][[b]Edits:[/b]typo and minor fixes][/size]

Edited by jerdge

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340061568' post='2988039']
It's not actually two times the damage, but less than the overall damage he caused. It's six months of paying reps because we have a policy to not go beyond that regardless. He could have gone free in three months if he had accepted to send tech along with money, but he decided not to do it. Or he could be free in 1 day if he accepts to spend half of his treasury in tech. Or he could have tried to negotiate with something else than just "hey forget I've been threatening you for all this time I'll be a good boy now let's make white peace can't we?"

We asked for 486 millions, which he would have paid in shipments of 4.5 millions each (we have low NS nations with the FAC that can use that money). That can be paid in six months. He could have also converted half of it in tech at 50 tech for 4.5 millions (i.e. 2.7k tech), paying everything in three months. Paying the NpO could have taken another three months. The overall duration would have been between 6 and 9 months, which isn't an entire year.
Or, I don't know, considering that he was bragging that he had several billions and that he could have gone on fighting until 2014, he could have fought for more than [i]three days[/i], to see what sort of better deal he could get later on. Would I consider leaving him go with lower reps, after his tech, money and infra have been reduced? Probably so. My goal isn't to cripple his nation or to enslave him - which is definitely something I'd highly dislike - but to ensure that his capability of harming us again is severely reduced, and that the price for having attacked us "helps" dissuading him from trying again.

For all the time he just [s]asked[/s] [i]demanded[/i] that we let him go, with his warchest basically intact and with limited damage, after a few days of combat, after having deliberately lied to our face, at the same time claiming that we should trust him when he swears that he won't bother us anymore.

I am sorry for him - I truly am - but it doesn't work that way. I am not going to do his work for him, reducing our requests because he's unwilling to fight, incapable to negotiate and [s]incapable[/s] unwilling even just to understand the terms of the discussion (see all the nonsense he said about perma ZI and "enslavement", and all the silly accusations he threw at us during the previous talks - on our forums).
Why should I allow him to go away freely, without even the need of negotiating/asking anything?

[b]He doesn't want to pay tech, he doesn't want to spend time sending money, he doesn't want to have to fight for longer than what he thinks is appropriate - which is three days; he doesn't (didn't) want to burn part of his money (still having billions in his treasury and also getting around 2,000 [i]more[/i] tech levels - I am not even sure that we can consider that a punishment!)[/b]

All his reasoning is that it's terrible that he's stuck in a bad position right now that the game is dying - I have no clue how he got this idea, BTW: I didn't dare to ask - and the fact that [i]his actions[/i] brought him at this point is completely irrelevant for him. After all, he has all the rest of CN to blame.
He really doesn't look like someone I can trust to have learned his lesson and to never bother us again, in fact he looks exactly the opposite of that. While feeling pity, I am not going to save his backside in his place just because.

Oh but we are the big bad GPA (no kidding: he called us that way... :blink: )

In fact you probably made your counter offer when I had already left IRC (as I was telling you I was doing), unless you were talking with someone else.
I'll think about your offer, but I have to say it's not much appealing as it is. It would have been decent, hadn't you already lied and showed that you're completely unreliable. Six or five billions, you remain too big as a threat regardless.
Maybe we can make a deal about fighting for some time and then spending that billion... I'll have you know (you're definitely not prohibited from adding something to your most recent proposal, anyway).

[size=1][[b]Edit:[/b]typo][/size]
[/quote]

My IRC client doesn't inform me when I'm querying someone that has left the server.

Do you know how much a billion dollars is? My nation isn't as prosperous as it once was, and it never will be. A billion dollars is months of income (possibly years if NpO won't give me peace) and lots of people in this game would kill for that kind of money. Money is the essence of life in this game, and with the loss of my infrastructure, it's a vital and [b]finite[/b] resource. Asking me to get rid of 3 billion dollars is outrageous.

I'd get less than 1000 tech in return, that's hardly relevant. We're talking about a <10% increase in damage output, not to mention an inflated NS level.

I don't understand why you consider me a threat to your alliance in the future, I want this conflict to end more than anyone and I certainly wouldn't start it again. I told you on IRC: I'm already in peace mode, I have nothing to gain from deceiving you right now. Especially not at the cost of a billion dollars.

Edited by Viluin

Why only rogue for 3 days? If you rogue, why not just go all out? I mean you literally declared a one man war against an alliance (that's what roguing is) and you expect them to let you off with white peace when your warchest is in the billions after fighting for 3 days?

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1340062768' post='2988062']
Why only rogue for 3 days? If you rogue, why not just go all out? I mean you literally declared a one man war against an alliance (that's what roguing is) and you expect them to let you off with white peace when your warchest is in the billions after fighting for 3 days?
[/quote]

I actually went rogue on 5 different alliances, there's a bigger picture to it all, but the others were more reasonable in their peace talks. GPA/NpO more or less just got caught in the crossfire, they were never the main target, which makes this situation kinda funny but also that much more frustrating.

Edited by Viluin

And yet u still spy
http://www.cybernations.net/search_spies.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=New%20Polar%20Order&anyallexact=exact

I can't wait until they knock u down to my level ns I'm Going to enjoy our 7 days of war or more ifni can get in
I really could care less about your 6 billion and all your wonders you brag about it means nothing when you have a constant 3 fresh nations on you ..

You have 3 choices
Accept whatever peace terms you get
Stop being a peace mode tough guy and get on with it

Or just quit I'm actually getting really sick of your crying

You will never get white peace

Edited by greco

[quote name='Viluin' timestamp='1340062924' post='2988064']I actually went rogue on 5 different alliances, there's a bigger picture to it all, but the others were more reasonable in their peace talks. GPA/NpO more or less just got caught in the crossfire, they were never the main target, which makes this situation kinda funny but also that much more frustrating.[/quote]
Not saying that they're being "unreasonable", but apparently Umbrella also thinks that you owe them something. About four times what the GPA and the NpO have been asking to you, combined:
[quote name='JoshuaR' timestamp='1340061281' post='2988035']For the record, Viluin also owes Umbrella $2.4 billion for going rogue on us.[/quote]
(Unless JoshuaR was joking, of course.)

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1340063721' post='2988081']
Not saying that they're being "unreasonable", but apparently Umbrella also thinks that you owe them something. About four times what the GPA and the NpO have been asking to you, combined:

(Unless JoshuaR was joking, of course.)
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

Sending money to Umbrella and disrupting their tech throughput is like the worst thing you can do to them.

Edited by Viluin