An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339644694' post='2982726']
There are only two purposes to a [i]casus belli[/i]:
(1) To promote the war in the realm of public opinion.
(2) To state the grounds for which the war has been launched.

A CB must be one, the other, or both. A CB that is neither is without purpose and we therefore wouldn't do it. You've already agreed that we don't care about the first purpose, so it must be the second.
[/quote]

It's okay, it's fabricated . We understand. Everyone thinks its !@#$%^&*, including your allies.

Everyone just shuddup and fight.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339644694' post='2982726']
There are only two purposes to a [i]casus belli[/i]:
(1) To promote the war in the realm of public opinion.
(2) To state the grounds for which the war has been launched.

A CB must be one, the other, or both. A CB that is neither is without purpose and we therefore wouldn't do it. You've already agreed that we don't care about the first purpose, so it must be the second.
[/quote]

The point is if a CB that catered to public opinion was not needed, you could have started a war with "we don't like you." The upside to this style of CB is that you could have declared on CSN whenever you felt like it and the CB would still be relevant, and (presumably) fewer CSN would have escaped into PM. And if there was a leak in OpSec, you could simply call off the attack until later and let them stew in PM for a while. After they came back out, the CB would still be there for you to use.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339644129' post='2982698']
Perhaps because it is the honest reasoning behind our actions? Dave is accused of less than even Ordo Verde, and the Kingdom rode to the distant green defense. I see no reason why we should not ride again. CSN is a terrible alliance that is, once again, in the wrong. We aim to punish them for it.

For Dave93.
[/quote]

Dave did more than just accept spied information. He encouraged Rota to take screenshots of CSN's forums. This is more similar to what Dajobo had Lennox do.

[quote name='Akama' timestamp='1339645052' post='2982741']
Dave did more than just accept spied information. He encouraged Rota to take screenshots of CSN's forums.
[/quote]

That's a pretty serious accusation! Do you have proof of this? Please post.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339644129' post='2982698']
Perhaps because it is the honest reasoning behind our actions? Dave is accused of less than even Ordo Verde, and the Kingdom rode to the distant green defense. I see no reason why we should not ride again. CSN is a terrible alliance that is, once again, in the wrong. We aim to punish them for it.

For Dave93.
[/quote]
And yet, Dave is accused of more than Kait was (ostensibly, ghosting RoK), and MK didn't seem to have a problem with attacking her.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339644456' post='2982715']
Oh I'm sorry I can not compare historical situations? I'll go inform Ardus the guy who compared this to "rolling out" in Karma who posted right above me.
[/quote]

You're as free to bring up historical situations and wars as I am to point out why they aren't applicable to this one.

[quote name='Velocity111' timestamp='1339645003' post='2982740']
The point is if a CB that catered to public opinion was not needed, you could have started a war with "we don't like you." The upside to this style of CB is that [b]you could have declared on CSN whenever you felt like it[/b] and the CB would still be relevant, and (presumably) fewer CSN would have escaped into PM. And if there was a leak in OpSec, you could simply call off the attack until later and let them stew in PM for a while. After they came back out, the CB would still be there for you to use.
[/quote]
That's pretty much just what they did...

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1339645262' post='2982747']
And yet, Dave is accused of more than Kait was (ostensibly, ghosting RoK), and MK didn't seem to have a problem with attacking her.
[/quote]
No, we had other problems with Kait that led to us wanting her. MK's problems with Kait date back several years.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1339645335' post='2982753']
You're as free to bring up historical situations and wars as I am to point out why they aren't applicable to this one.
[/quote]

Cool, then I'll point out your examples aren't applicable either.

You know what? The sad thing is, is that if I had kissed Doomhouse's/NG ass a week ago, I'd be held on a high throne and told about how great I am.... However, a true woman sticks to her honor and her values. I hope the social sell out was worth it Dave93.

[quote name='Rhyd3r' timestamp='1339645312' post='2982752']
Anyone realize how much publicity Dave93 is getting? He's like Korean Pop for weird fat white guys.
[/quote]
Please do not make that segment of MK's membership start posting.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1339645715' post='2982772']
You know what? The sad thing is, is that if I had kissed Doomhouse's/NG ass a week ago, I'd be held on a high throne and told about how great I am.... However, a true woman sticks to her honor and her values. I hope the social sell out was worth it Dave93.
[/quote]

you tried that three or four times and didn't get held on any throne except a toilet.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1339645715' post='2982772']
[/quote]

i can guarantee that would not be the case for you