An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='RedPhx' timestamp='1339886179' post='2986009']
Both are Doomhouse and both declared on an alliance that they don't like very much. And besides the only one to criticize the CB was in the Deino's DOI which if I understand correctly says that they are still going to help Umbrella.
[/quote]
Deinos will regret the day they wrote that DOI. They are next.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 47 pages people are still stating we accepted Dave93, despite the fact that he's still a pending applicant. If memory serves, that area is even publicly visible so anyone could see it. I mean I understand the need to desperately argue against the guys on the other side on every single point that you can, but you wind up coming off as plainly unintelligent when you attempt to use that line of argumentation. If ever there was a thing to strengthen the Kingdom's resolve, the sheer stupidity of one's enemy would do it.

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1339901610' post='2986185']
At 47 pages people are still stating we accepted Dave93, despite the fact that he's still a pending applicant. If memory serves, that area is even publicly visible so anyone could see it. I mean I understand the need to desperately argue against the guys on the other side on every single point that you can, but you wind up coming off as plainly unintelligent when you attempt to use that line of argumentation. If ever there was a thing to strengthen the Kingdom's resolve, the sheer stupidity of one's enemy would do it.
[/quote]

We're sorry we don't regularly check your forums daily.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339901955' post='2986191']
We're sorry we don't regularly check your forums daily.
[/quote]

That's ok. We also posted this fact about 15-20 times in this thread throughout various posts. You shouldn't need more than a 3rd grade reading level to have comprehended them. At one point, Stormsend even used pretty colors to help you out.

e: for clarity

Edited by Archon

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1339902070' post='2986193']
That's ok. We also posted this fact about 15-20 times in this thread throughout various posts. You shouldn't need more than a 3rd grade reading level to have comprehended them. At one point, Stormsend even used pretty colors to help you out.

e: for clarity
[/quote]

I didn't read all 47 pages of arguing, but what you wrote there was pretty clever.

[/quote]
That's understandable, but you waged a war over the guy, can you really blame people for assuming you accepted him?

Archon, from an old friend, you've fallen pretty far.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339902278' post='2986196']
That's understandable, but you waged a war over the guy, can you really blame people for assuming you accepted him?

[/quote]

archon you have lost the respect of cole hamels

[quote name='RedPhx' timestamp='1339886179' post='2986009']
Both are Doomhouse and both declared on an alliance that they don't like very much. And besides the only one to criticize the CB was in the Deino's DOI which if I understand correctly says that they are still going to help Umbrella.
[/quote]
But we're not happy about it! :mad:

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339902278' post='2986196']

[/quote]

Yes, I can. And will. Maybe my age is showing to actually expect intelligence from my opponents.

And honestly, I'm not too concerned with where I am. My bones are weary and I generally keep within the confines of Artolia and her surrounding nations. I trust my highly capable and trusted companions to execute the will of the Kingdom. (OOC: I honestly have no idea what's going on and am too busy working to play this game much anymore. Sorry bud. P.S. Please bring back Cole Hamels.)

[/quote]
If it helps you feel any better, you guys are dickheads either way.

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1339903692' post='2986209']
Yes, I can. And will. Maybe my age is showing to actually expect intelligence from my opponents.

And honestly, I'm not too concerned with where I am. My bones are weary and I generally keep within the confines of Artolia and her surrounding nations. I trust my highly capable and trusted companions to execute the will of the Kingdom. (OOC: I honestly have no idea what's going on and am too busy working to play this game much anymore. Sorry bud. P.S. Please bring back Cole Hamels.)
[/quote]
Perhaps you should look into what's happening, then. You understand how it was for us back in the day, and as generic as it is to say, you're acting just like the old guys.

It's nice to be on top, I guess power changes people.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1339903889' post='2986211']
If it helps you feel any better, you guys are dickheads either way.
[/quote]

Oddly enough, have you met Gairyuki?

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339903968' post='2986213']
Perhaps you should look into what's happening, then. You understand how it was for us back in the day, and as generic as it is to say, you're acting just like the old guys.

It's nice to be on top, I guess power changes people.
[/quote]

Show me PZI, EZI, and alliance disbandments and perhaps I'll buy the line "just like the old guys." Hell, I'll even take Wonder Decommissioning. Anything? No? Well, shucks.

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1339904212' post='2986218']
Show me PZI, EZI, and alliance disbandments and perhaps I'll buy the line "just like the old guys." Hell, I'll even take Wonder Decommissioning. Anything? No? Well, shucks.
[/quote]
Ahhh the good ol' Days

[quote name='Archon' timestamp='1339904212' post='2986218']
[/quote]
While it's obviously not the same level, the argument could be made that you guys are hurting the world just as much. When you consider just how much has changed negatively, it's hard not to make a comparison.

You basically just baited an entire bloc into a curbstomp. Do you really feel like you are the good guys, and so different?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339902249' post='2986195']
I didn't read all 47 pages of arguing, but what you wrote there was pretty clever.
[/quote]

Don't try to insert yourself into the conversation and then when you've missed a fact use self imposed ignorance as an excuse.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339904990' post='2986228']
While it's obviously not the same level
[/quote]
Do you really feel like you are the good guys, and so different?
[/quote]

I think you answered that one already.

the argument could be made that you guys are hurting the world just as much.
[/quote]

And you already dispelled that one, above.

:)

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1339905356' post='2986232']
I think you answered that one already.

And you already dispelled that one, above.

:)
[/quote]
I'll say it again:

You just baited an entire bloc into a curbstomp over nothing, do you really feel like the good guys?

Clever post, but we're playing tag, not dodgeball.

[quote]You just baited an entire bloc into a curbstomp over nothing, do you really feel like the good guys?
[/quote]
Over nothing? This bloc was/is actively planning to destroy MK and spreading rumors to destabilize its power base (making a fine attempt, too, not completely laughable). That alone is justification for war, even before the Dave situation which clearly necessitates no other action than that taken by the good Kingdom of Mushrooms.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339905532' post='2986235']
I'll say it again:

You just baited an entire bloc into a curbstomp over nothing, do you really feel like the good guys?

Clever post, but we're playing tag, not dodgeball.
[/quote]

Clever wasn't my intent, just as speaking out of both sides of your mouth probably wasn't yours. Admitting that the new hegemony isn't as bad as the former doesn't mesh with summarily claiming that it's just as harmful. Now I'll grant you that skipping the pretenses is not everyone's cup of tea, but if the comparison doesn't hold then why make it?

While it's obviously not the same level, the argument could be made that you guys are hurting the world just as much. When you consider just how much has changed negatively, it's hard not to make a comparison.

You basically just baited an entire bloc into a curbstomp. Do you really feel like you are the good guys, and so different?
[/quote]

What you just described is politics. I know that the majority of Bob has warped the word to the point where they honestly believe politics is hanging out on IRC chatting it up with their internet friends and waiting for someone else to do something stupid to set off a bunch of treaties. That being the majority view does not make it true, it just means the majority of people on the political stage don't really get what it's all about. Politics is all about creating your own opportunities and acting on them. Sure when someone does something really stupid you take advantage of it, but that's not the only time anything can be allowed to happen.

If that were the case, we'd all stagnate until we killed ourselves from boredom, because we've reached the point in the lifespan of this world that anybody running an alliance has seen enough of the really stupid mistakes to generally avoid them. This world exists for one purpose: To burn for our amusement. If you want to take down the evil mushroom Kingdom, then be proactive about it and actually do something.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1339906082' post='2986241']
Clever wasn't my intent, just as speaking out of both sides of your mouth probably wasn't yours. Admitting that the new hegemony isn't as bad as the former doesn't mesh with summarily claiming that it's just as harmful. Now I'll grant you that skipping the pretenses is not everyone's cup of tea, but if the comparison doesn't hold then why make it?
[/quote]
In the same sentence that I said it wasn't as bad, I said it is causing just as much harm. Do you understand the point I was making? It wasn't meant to say that PZI, and EZI, were the only ways to cause harm. Your bloc is essentially destroying all the politics of this game, in an attempt to find some amusement at the hands of the weak. It wasn't talking out of both sides of my mouth, as I knew what I was saying, you just were unable to understand. This is really the wrong place to argue that MK is better than NPO, anyway. This is the very announcement that MK attempted to bait an entire bloc into a curbstomp over nothing.

I guess, for you, I should have stated that there are some differences, though the end product is about the same. I guess to compare certain groups, they must be 100% the same. MK has also condoned OOC attacks, spying, and curbstomps. MK's hands are not clean, like you would wish to spin.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1339906529' post='2986245']
What you just described is politics. I know that the majority of Bob has warped the word to the point where they honestly believe politics is hanging out on IRC chatting it up with their internet friends and waiting for someone else to do something stupid to set off a bunch of treaties. That being the majority view does not make it true, it just means the majority of people on the political stage don't really get what it's all about. Politics is all about creating your own opportunities and acting on them. Sure when someone does something really stupid you take advantage of it, but that's not the only time anything can be allowed to happen.

If that were the case, we'd all stagnate until we killed ourselves from boredom, because we've reached the point in the lifespan of this world that anybody running an alliance has seen enough of the really stupid mistakes to generally avoid them. This world exists for one purpose: To burn for our amusement. If you want to take down the evil mushroom Kingdom, then be proactive about it and actually do something.
[/quote]
Ah, the good old do something about it.

Now, where have I heard that one before?

Oh yeah, the last time someone told everyone that, it worked out well for them.

Edited by Starfox101

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339906534' post='2986246']
Ah, the good old do something about it.

[/quote]

Watch out, the NOU should follow shortly after. You wouldn't want to get hit by that sick burn.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339905532' post='2986235']
the good guys[/quote]
oh please, we publicly said we don't recognise 'good' and 'bad' in 2010. anyone still trying to justify their actions using some sort of moral framework is still engaging in karma-era politics.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339906534' post='2986246']
I guess, for you, I should have stated that there are some differences, though the end product is about the same. I guess to compare certain groups, they must be 100% the same. MK has also condoned OOC attacks, spying, and curbstomps. MK's hands are not clean, like you would wish to spin.[/quote]

You caught us.

Oh wait none of that stuff is actually relevant. At least assuming you're still trying to push the "worse than the NPO" line.

[quote]Ah, the good old do something about it.

[/quote]

Indeed, we did something about it.

Now I guess we have to wait for NPO to do something about it again because nobody else will?