Environment vs Land

Arcadia

I've read a fair amount in other threads about the game mechanics of land, environment and their interaction, but prior to making a heavy investment in land (which I'll discuss in a bit), I'd like to run a few things by more experienced players, as I'm a newb. I'm also seeing contradictory opinions, such as "don't buy land unless you get a red alert" and "buy land to ensure its over half your infra" and "only buy land when you have to". The later opinion is about as useful as a fart in an elevator.

Firstly, let me clarify a few things from my readings to ensure I'm starting out with the correct facts (before modifiers). I've sourced these from forums and wiki, so not sure how accurate they are.
1) if your land > (infra/2), then environment +1
2) if land > age/3, then environment +1
3) environment +1 = adds 1-2% more citizens
4) environment +1 = happiness + 1%

So, I'm now at the stage where my land is significantly under the infra/2 test, and I'm trying to work out whether to spend the huge amount of money on bringing my land up above infra/2 in order to get the modest environment gains (see above), or whether to forget about land for the moment (my pop density is fine) and spend the money on infra and improvements etc.

Here's a few stats about my nation, and the decision I'm trying to make.

Infra 1200
Land 558
Land cost per mile $11,672.22
Pop density 25.96
Tech 115 (due to tech deals, normally would sit at 20)
Tax collection daily 365k
Bills daily 164k
Net daily profit 201k
Tax 28%
Citizens 11500
Strength 5150
Efficiency 2570
Resources:
WATER, ALUMINIUM, CATTLE, FISH, IRON, LEAD, LUMBER, MARBLE, PIG, WHEAT, (spice and sugar pending open trade request) .
Bonus resources:
CONSTRUCTION, BEER, (fast food and scholar pending open trade request)

I apologise that these are individual factors that have been discussed in other threads, but I'm struggling to weigh the factors against each other, particularly the environment gain vs land cost, when it seems the money would be better spent on infra and improvements.

Cheers,

-Ed,
Arcadia.

Your nation is still far too small to get many of the benefits for land, that won't really be worth investing much anything in until roughly 2999.99 infra.

Until then just keep your money invested in tech selling and buying infra

As for how much land to buy I usually always recommend keep enough land so your population is at 20-25 pop per sq mi

Edit: also always keep 50 on hand at all times. It gives a better happiness bonus for ya and it will save you money. When in multiple tech deals just buy up to 50 via 4.5/10/10/5/10/10/.5 formula and then send it out. Once it is accepted rinse and repeat

Edited by Lurunin