Pontoon party on the river Styx

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1339458718' post='2980985']
Ya know, people keep claiming how much more powerful NoR is than TPF these days, even after we wiped their previous incarnation out of existence so many years ago.
[/quote]

How many alliances helped you do this?

Don't sit there and pretend like TPF could have solely forced NoV into that situation

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1339472009' post='2981215']

Don't sit there and pretend like TPF could have solely forced NoV into that situation
[/quote]

You mean how many alliances they manipulated into letting them do that.

[/quote]

Quite a few, actually. I don't believe I ever said we did this on our own. I'll have to go back and make sure that my alter ego didn't slip something in somewhere, but I'm pretty sure I never said we did this on our own. Maybe you saw a different version of my post. In that version was I represented by Bob Stoops and a Crimson and Cream background? If so, then don't trust that guy...he's not the real JWConner...he's actually secretly jealous of me and tries to get me in trouble.

So yeah...I guess I'll have to spell things out for some people in the future. Apparently some are easily confused. B-)

So many people threaten, as if those of us still here fear warring or being rolled. If some of you ex Gen/ex Nov feel the need to roll us again for ancient things, convince your allies and pull the trigger. We'll be here at the end.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1339475096' post='2981265']
So many people threaten, as if those of us still here fear warring or being rolled. If some of you ex Gen/ex Nov feel the need to roll us again for ancient things, convince your allies and pull the trigger. We'll be here at the end.
[/quote]
No one [from NoR, some UjP people might still want you or maybe just slayer] wants to roll you, they just want you to stop being dicks.

Edit: oh my god i love that filter

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1339459609' post='2981007']
lolPenkala. That'a a name I haven't heard in quite some time. True, he was a nuisance, but not much more.

And how am I not grasping simple statements? Making vague, baseless jabs just continue to make yourself look as petty as I previously stated.
[/quote]
Do you really not see the pride in Slayer's statements? I mean, he basically said that instead of running NoV's community out of the game off of his !@#$%* evidence, he should have tried reporting them to OOC organizations.

He also said UjP deserved it, which is entirely off-base. Nobody deserves to be ran out on like he decided to do.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1339475735' post='2981273']
No one wants to roll you, they just want you to stop being dicks.

Edit: oh my god i love that filter
[/quote]

Actually several in this thread said they indeed felt we should be rolled again, in quite dickish fashion themselves, for things that happened five years ago. Due to the build of their alliance and strategic avoidance of wars they can't fight us. So they'll have to convince their allies to do the work of it for the third time. We'd still not disband like they did so they'd still be butthurt but at least I'd get another million or two casualties.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1339476299' post='2981279']
Actually several in this thread said they indeed felt we should be rolled again, in quite dickish fashion themselves, for things that happened five years ago. Due to the build of their alliance and strategic avoidance of wars they can't fight us. So they'll have to convince their allies to do the work of it for the third time. We'd still not disband like they did so they'd still be butthurt but at least I'd get another million or two casualties.
[/quote]
The point wouldn't be to disband you. It would be to give TPF the beating it actually deserves, and maybe even keep you guys out of peace mode for once!

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1339477186' post='2981290']
The point wouldn't be to disband you. It would be to give TPF the beating it actually deserves, and maybe even keep you guys out of peace mode for once!
[/quote]
Lol, what?! other than a few retiree's and those of us who cycle in and out of peace mode for collections during war we don't ride peace mode. ROFL! Are you in the wrong thread?

600K NS difference between TPF and NoR? I think I can make that up in about a week. Let's do the Umbrella thing, Wanna bet 50 tech? More politically potent? Maybe their kowtowing got them further, but they do not have the edge like they used to. The landscape has changed & it is ever changing. Once we have penned that TPF-UMB treaty it will come full circle. :lol1:

[/quote]

This doesn't change the fact that NoV, as others alliances full of cowards, disbanded when faced superior odds, this shows how strong that community was... :awesome:

The fact that NoV had to reassemble as a different alliance tells anyone with half a brain that they're nowhere near as strong as TPF is. Sure, their NS is a whole 600k larger (however avg is 8k lower) but NS size isn't the whole story. The fact that they folded once and ran tells us the only story that's relevant. We've faced plenty of scrutiny over the years and we're still standing. That's all that matters.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1339477186' post='2981290']
[/quote]

Disbanding wouldn't be possible, we have spines.

As for beatings, lets see, all but one of over 200+ nations fought in Karma and we lost about 90 percent of our pre-war ns, fought for over 100 days and were a crater with only about 10 nations left with any kind of war chest. Got bushwhacked a few months later around Christmas, which set us back due to war chests not being recovered from Karma. Since then we've fought much smarter for the long term of the alliance. If you want more, rally the troops, we'll be here.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1339478752' post='2981302']
This doesn't change the fact that NoV, as others alliances full of cowards, disbanded when faced superior odds, this shows how strong that community was... :awesome:
[/quote]

This statement shows just how clueless you are, the community has always stayed together whether it was through other games or here in CN.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1339478752' post='2981302']
[/quote]

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1339480508' post='2981334']
The fact that NoV had to reassemble as a different alliance tells anyone with half a brain that they're nowhere near as strong as TPF is. Sure, their NS is a whole 600k larger (however avg is 8k lower) but NS size isn't the whole story. The fact that they folded once and ran tells us the only story that's relevant. We've faced plenty of scrutiny over the years and we're still standing. That's all that matters.
[/quote]

This argument that the Norden Verein tucked tail and folded because of some lack of conviction or weakness is one I cannot let pass without comment. [ooc]I'm fairly certain that the Norden Verein's disbandment had less to do with statistics and more to do with the fact that, for me and likely quite a few others, a game wherein an entire alliance was subjected to violations of privacy, vicious slander, and real-world persecution was no longer a game in which I wanted to participate.[/ooc]

Also, JWConner, you're the only one I've ever seen to argue that our community reuniting under the flag of Nordreich was somehow indicative of a flaw. As fondly as I remember my time in NoV, it was always just a shade of Nordreich, and I still view our Reunion as our brotherhood's crowning triumph.

Edit: Ironically enough, Slayer99 and his colleagues can probably take some credit for that happening, too. It was during that trying period when the Norden Verein, the Sons of Muspel, and a couple other similarly estranged groups realized the need for reconciliation in the face of destruction. In a way, that dark episode allowed us all to shrug off the baggage of the past and lay the groundwork for a legitimate reformation of the Reich when the time was right.

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

So, basically you're trying to spin the fact that you were forced to disband and that you all were really just hiding in other realms ([ooc]other games[/ooc])? Yeah, considering we're here on Planet Bob and in CN, these other realms don't matter much. The fact is, NoV was no more. Now you are or aren't the same alliance (depending on the weather and who we're talking to) reformed after all these years. Sounds like some creative spinning to me.

[quote name='pd73bassman' timestamp='1339500842' post='2981467']
This statement shows just how clueless you are, the community has always stayed together whether it was through other games or here in CN.
[/quote]

United in their cowardice? :lol1:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1339524779' post='2981595']
United in their cowardice? :lol1:
[/quote]
No, united together in the face of a hostile world, and especially united against people trying to attack them in the alternate reality here (OOC: real life).

You've never been hunted for OOC reasons, or demonized IC for OOC things. You have no idea what you are talking about here.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1339532452' post='2981653']
No, united together in the face of a hostile world, and especially united against people trying to attack them in the alternate reality here (OOC: real life).

You've never been hunted for OOC reasons, or demonized IC for OOC things. You have no idea what you are talking about here.
[/quote]

Would you consider this OOC or IC ?

[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a261/Achilles_47/screen.jpg[/img]

Would you consider this OOC or IC ?

[img]http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab355/CNstuff/LUAhyeCB.jpg[/img]

Where is the line drawn? Nice to see recruiting be done from a known WS/NS site...... But, of course its all made up right?