Pontoon party on the river Styx

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1338905385' post='2977478']
I feel like we should have reformed Athens and fought for a week in honor of this day.
[/quote]

Nah. Wait 6 months. :awesome:

And congrats on 5 years, TPF. Should be interesting to see where you go from here.

Edited by Lord Boris

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how butthurt people are over things 3 years in the past. Absolutely astonishing. But hey, when you've been obsolete since said person left 3 years ago, I can see why you'd be so happy to grasp at something to make you relevant again.

I will say that I'm ecstatic that Slayer is back, even only but for a short period of time. Love him or hate him, he made this place interesting :D

o/

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1339310520' post='2980163']
I love how butthurt people are over things 3 years in the past. Absolutely astonishing. But hey, when you've been obsolete since said person left 3 years ago, I can see why you'd be so happy to grasp at something to make you relevant again.
[/quote]
Its not like people would be as upset if he didn't proudly flaunt it. Absolutely astonishing someone would do that. But hey, when you've been as ridiculous as Slayer has in the past, I can see why you would say something disgusting like that proudly.

Your comment about them being obsolete makes no sense, considering the people talking reformed an alliance that is currently larger than TPF. I don't think that's what I would call "obsolete", but clearly my stance is biased unlike yours.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Slayer99' timestamp='1339211317' post='2979668']
NoV:
I DO regret taking out NoV. Why? Because the truth of the matter is that everyone knows what NoR and NoV are all about (no matter how much they deny it, the truth is easily found...and it really doesn't matter IC). It's not rocket science to connect those dots. That being said...I wanted to take them out because it a bit of a IC payback for something I would never do OOC. Besides we hadn't had a war in awhile and we were bored. I was wrong for going after them and taking them out in that manner. It would have been more appropriate and fun to work with FAN to take out NoV IC with an Operation Evil Overlord.

OOC:
Ironically, as distasteful as I find their beliefs I will defend their freedom of speech as if it were my own. Honestly, I would have been better served sending all the info (and we had FAR more than what we published but I didn't want to divulge any OOC identities) to the Southern Poverty Law Center and allow them to do the OOC publicizing of them using the game (and the other games they were involved in) to recruit. It wasn't the place of Slayer99 the IC character to do that.
[/quote]
You, sir, are full of it. Crawl back under the rock where you came from.

First of all: Congratulations on the anniversary, TPF. It's been a while.

Second: I apologize in advance for the minor thread derailment.

Third: Hello, Slayer. It's been a while. Remember me? Let's chat.

NoV:
I DO regret taking out NoV.[/quote]

When I read this, I was hopeful that you were admitting that the pretext for that war was a farce, that you merely wanted to give Norden Verein a good beating, and that you were apologizing for the disgraceful and distasteful way in which it was done. War for its own sake based on a flimsy [i]casus belli[/i] is a scenario that's played out many times throughout this world's history; I can't begrudge you for that. You played politics and won.

[ooc]... But then I read the rest of it and realized you're [i]not[/i] apologizing. You claim you regret the war, but in the next breath defend your reasons for doing so -- and, more specifically, the methods you used in obtaining the "evidence" to support those reasons.

I'll make it clear that at this point, I couldn't care one way or the other that you were a driving force behind the Norden Verein's destruction, or even that you had no real in-character grievance against us. Nordreich presently is on good terms with several of the parties who were involved in the other side of [i]Fall Helsing[/i]. What I do care about is the gigantic steaming heap you smeared on the collective face of CN when bringing that war to fruition. Your official [i]casus belli[/i] couldn't even be posted on the OWF because of the egregious violations of privacy and out-of-character nature of it all. (And what information you did share required such absurd stretches of reasoning that it would have been more credible for you to just say "take our word for it" and leave it at that. To wit: Screenshots of months-old membership applications which were long since rejected, assorted joke images from our spam board, and goofy photos of Martens. One would think an alliance so notoriously welcoming of white supremacist elements would have had more to show for it.)

Digging up information on us and turning it over to the SPLC? [i]Seriously?[/i] As amusing as it might be to have another [i]Aftenposten[/i] episode, the idea that you would go to such lengths in your misguided crusade is a sign that you have trouble treating this game as a game, and are probably better off not playing. (Aside: Ever considered a second career in tabloid journalism?) Since you've long since retired, and thus have nothing to gain at this point by standing your ground that we're nothing more than a white supremacist recruitment front, I can only conclude that you're either genuinely deluded, obstinate, or both. If that's the case, you will not hear me joining the chorus cheering your reappearance here, and I'm not the type to hold grudges. This boogeyman of "neo-Nazis" using this game as a vehicle for recruitment isn't fooling anyone, and the time when you could in turn use CN as a platform for your own agenda, as a battleground in your holy war against the white supremacists lurking in every dark corner, has long passed.[/ooc]

Shortly after our Reunion three years ago, we included in our [url=http://cybernations.nordreich.eu/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=846]charter[/url] a provision prohibiting us from the practice of "indefinite ZI" against an opponent. There is one and only one reason which would cause me to rescind it, and no bonus points for guessing what it is.

Edited by Vinzent Zeppelin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339308815' post='2980148']
Well, one of the incidents(the one revolving around Hoo and Kait) can't be mentioned here. Let's just say it's considered appropriate for "UjP" as you called it to target certain individuals based on things outside of this realm or to exploit them for this worldly purposes. While Hoo and Kait have departed this realm over it, I'm a bit more stubborn.
[/quote]
You'll have to update me on IRC sometime. I'm still uninformed on the two years of politics I missed.

[quote name='JWConner' timestamp='1339310520' post='2980163']

I will say that I'm ecstatic that Slayer is back, even only but for a short period of time. Love him or hate him, he made this place interesting :D

o/
[/quote]
Obsolete? I'm going to assume that was lumped at Nordreich. That makes it all the better, considering the stance your alliance finds yourself in compared to Nordreich. They are stronger, for one. They also are not a universally despised alliance like TPF is. And the only reason half of us came to comment is because Slayer came in here acting like a hero for his actions. If you're going to brag about despicable acts you're going to meet opposition. I'm sorry you are surprised to find Slayer is not a popular guy.

Players like Dilber, Sponge, Doitzel, Chris Kaos, etc, made this place entertaining. Players who built blocs and waged political wars make things interesting. People who conduct OOC manhunts and wage war over baseless libel do not make things interesting. There's a difference between causing drama and harassing people. That shouldn't be confused.

Lastly, before calling someone irrelevant, you should check yourself bro. That's always been the worst comeback/insult.

[quote name='Vinzent Zeppelin' timestamp='1339319541' post='2980196']
First of all: Congratulations on the anniversary, TPF. It's been a while.

Second: I apologize in advance for the minor thread derailment.

Third: Hello, Slayer. It's been a while. Remember me? Let's chat.

When I read this, I was hopeful that you were admitting that the pretext for that war was a farce, that you merely wanted to give Norden Verein a good beating, and that you were apologizing for the disgraceful and distasteful way in which it was done. War for its own sake based on a flimsy [i]casus belli[/i] is a scenario that's played out many times throughout this world's history; I can't begrudge you for that. You played politics and won.

[ooc]... But then I read the rest of it and realized you're [i]not[/i] apologizing. You claim you regret the war, but in the next breath defend your reasons for doing so -- and, more specifically, the methods you used in obtaining the "evidence" to support those reasons.

I'll make it clear that at this point, I couldn't care one way or the other that you were a driving force behind the Norden Verein's destruction, or even that you had no real in-character grievance against us. Nordreich presently is on good terms with several of the parties who were involved in the other side of [i]Fall Helsing[/i]. What I do care about is the gigantic steaming heap you smeared on the collective face of CN when bringing that war to fruition. Your official [i]casus belli[/i] couldn't even be posted on the OWF because of the egregious violations of privacy and out-of-character nature of it all. (And what information you did share required such absurd stretches of reasoning that it would have been more credible for you to just say "take our word for it" and leave it at that. To wit: Screenshots of months-old membership applications which were long since rejected, assorted joke images from our spam board, and goofy photos of Martens. One would think an alliance so notoriously welcoming of white supremacist elements would have had more to show for it.)

Digging up information on us and turning it over to the SPLC? [i]Seriously?[/i] As amusing as it might be to have another [i]Aftenposten[/i] episode, the idea that you would go to such lengths in your misguided crusade is a sign that you have trouble treating this game as a game, and are probably better off not playing. (Aside: Ever considered a second career in tabloid journalism?) Since you've long since retired, and thus have nothing to gain at this point by standing your ground that we're nothing more than a white supremacist recruitment front, I can only conclude that you're either genuinely deluded, obstinate, or both. If that's the case, you will not hear me joining the chorus cheering your reappearance here, and I'm not the type to hold grudges. This boogeyman of "neo-Nazis" using this game as a vehicle for recruitment isn't fooling anyone, and the time when you could in turn use CN as a platform for your own agenda, as a battleground in your holy war against the white supremacists lurking in every dark corner, has long passed.[/ooc]

Shortly after our Reunion three years ago, we included in our [url=http://cybernations.nordreich.eu/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=846]charter[/url] a provision prohibiting us from the practice of "indefinite ZI" against an opponent. There is one and only one reason which would cause me to rescind it, and no bonus points for guessing what it is.
[/quote]

In regards to the current iteration of NoR...I know nothing about them and I can't really lump them in with NoV.

As I know this is an IC forum, pardon as the following is OOC.

As I stated, I regret taking out NoV for the OOC ties to white supremacist groups. Don't even try to deny that prominent members of NoV like WeissVonToten and ThorVonMayhem were OOC WS. Hell, Thor was a prominent leader of the American Front (and no, I never would have wished any ill will on him or anyone else for that matter)...if you want to go back to old NoR, you can include Wartides. You can keep playing the denial game as it really doesn't matter in the long run for a few reasons. First, I really don't care that much about Planet Bob...I've been gone for 3 years. I came back to stir the pot a bit and it looks like the butthurt is still strong (some justified, some not). Secondly, the OOC info we obtained relative to using Planet Bob to recruit should have remained OOC which means an OOC source such SPLC or One People's Project to publicize hate groups using online games to recruit (which is fairly well-known anyway). Thirdly, I fully support their freedom of speech no matter how much I may dislike it. Fourthly, the truth of the matter is that we were bored and looking for a war...NoV was an easy and convenient target.

As time has given me some perspective, I was wrong for using OOC knowledge of NoV members to take out NoV. It was bad for the game and I'm sorry I did it.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339323706' post='2980203']
You'll have to update me on IRC sometime. I'm still uninformed on the two years of politics I missed.
[/quote]

Suffice it to say that certain members of MK and their allies who participated in these things believes it's ok to [ooc]dig in people's RL and use it for in game purposes[/ooc]. They'll then argue to the death that their actions were not only just, but good for the world we live in, while in the same breath sending Slayer deep into the Worst Leader Ever Brackets®, because he done similar things.

Anyway, relax folks this is supposed to be a happy thread. Congratulations TPF. At least you have things to debate about in your 5 year thread. A lot of alliances can't even say that much.

Edit: added tags.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Slayer99' timestamp='1339327856' post='2980218']
Thirdly, I fully support their freedom of speech no matter how much I may dislike it.
[/quote]
No, you obviously don't. You're the last person who could ever say that considering you essentially tried to get these people removed from this world for it.

Get off your high horse, hero.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1339348043' post='2980278']
Suffice it to say that certain members of MK and their allies who participated in these things believes it's ok to [ooc]dig in people's RL and use it for in game purposes[/ooc]. They'll then argue to the death that their actions were not only just, but good for the world we live in, while in the same breath sending Slayer deep into the Worst Leader Ever Brackets®, because he done similar things.

Anyway, relax folks this is supposed to be a happy thread. Congratulations TPF. At least you have things to debate about in your 5 year thread. A lot of alliances can't even say that much.

Edit: added tags.
[/quote]
I can't say I'm surprised, knowing that group.

Edited by Starfox101

As time has given me some perspective, I was wrong for using OOC knowledge of NoV members to take out NoV. It was bad for the game and I'm sorry I did it.
[/quote]

SF... I think he says here, in retrospect, that he regrets it.

Lets move on...

:)

First, I really don't care that much about Planet Bob...I've been gone for 3 years. I came back to stir the pot a bit and it looks like the butthurt is still strong (some justified, some not).[/quote]

Things have been boring and lacking passion for a long time. Why I do wish you'd come back. We need you. You've already made things fun with your brief appearance. :awesome:

Anyway glad you made it back for the TPF anniversary. Hope to at least see you some on irc.

Man. Thanks for the history lesson everyone. I wasn't here for that, but I see that when you use no Vaseline it keeps people coming back to cry about it. Thank Charlie Wilson for the NoV war. It is truly amazing and if NoR(and the rest of the sandpapered commentators) had truly changed they wouldn't be here. UjP is even further back, was that bob on paper? It always does well to know that hate exists in the world. It drives people to accomplish things. Continue on.

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1339375721' post='2980449']
Man. Thanks for the history lesson everyone. I wasn't here for that, but I see that when you use no Vaseline it keeps people coming back to cry about it. Thank Charlie Wilson for the NoV war. It is truly amazing and if NoR(and the rest of the sandpapered commentators) had truly changed they wouldn't be here. UjP is even further back, was that bob on paper? It always does well to know that hate exists in the world. It drives people to accomplish things. Continue on.
[/quote]

I think you need to go back and reread every post after Slayer posted his first one (oh and read that one as well). Then maybe you would realize that most had long since forgotten the NoV bit until Slayer rehashed it. I admit though that the former UjP alliances are still upset over TPF's betrayal. The only real hate that seems to exist stems solely from Slayer though and that is his ooc hatred of WS.

But please continue to attempt to rewrite history in the very thread it is being created in. It is rather amusing.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339306127' post='2980115']
I don't think you would make anything interesting. People of your style are no longer shielded here. I don't think you'd find much support for OOC manhunts anymore. Well, that and the fact that the UJP runs the show, and would oppose every move you made.
[/quote]

This is unintentionally hilarious.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1339380862' post='2980502']
I think you need to go back and reread every post after Slayer posted his first one (oh and read that one as well). Then maybe you would realize that most had long since forgotten the NoV bit until Slayer rehashed it. I admit though that the former UjP alliances are still upset over TPF's betrayal. The only real hate that seems to exist stems solely from Slayer though and that is his ooc hatred of WS.

But please continue to attempt to rewrite history in the very thread it is being created in. It is rather amusing.
[/quote]
Actually Reverend Jesse Dochartaigh, while you preach to me the NoV issue has come up recently. I do agree that I was not there for it, but the truth lies within the Winners grasp and not the whiners grasp. Who won again?

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1339384708' post='2980556']
Actually Reverend Jesse Dochartaigh, while you preach to me the NoV issue has come up recently. I do agree that I was not there for it, but the truth lies within the Winners grasp and not the whiners grasp. Who won again?
[/quote]

Nordreich won. Just because TPF won a battle, does not mean they won the war. NoR is much stronger than TPF and in a much, much better position than TPF. While Slayer is a has been and TPF hangs on to the teat of mother Pacifica for all it is worth. But since you want to bring up "truth", what Slayer is still spewing, no longer holds any water, so please continue to talk about "truth" without realize how amusing it is for you to state that Slayer's version is, or ever was, considered to be truth.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1339386413' post='2980571']
Nordreich won. Just because TPF won a battle, does not mean they won the war. NoR is much stronger than TPF and in a much, much better position than TPF. While Slayer is a has been and TPF hangs on to the teat of mother Pacifica for all it is worth. But since you want to bring up "truth", what Slayer is still spewing, no longer holds any water, so please continue to talk about "truth" without realize how amusing it is for you to state that Slayer's version is, or ever was, considered to be truth.
[/quote]
Hold on wait. You said that it wasn't NoR it was NoV that TPF beat and disbanded & now your saying NoR won even though we didn't fight or disband NoR? I am not understanding your line of reasoning. I would also never consider NoR "stronger" than TPF. When is the last time they fought for 6 months? Never? That's what I'm talking about. Never.

Edited by Judge X

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1339384708' post='2980556']
[/quote]
What the $%&@ are you even saying?

NoR won in the long run because they are currently bigger than you despite you having several alliances merge into you. That being said, no one cared until TPF members started acting like hot !@#$ (see HalfEmpty's post) because you disbanded an alliance for OOC reasons. There isn't some cold war between NoR and TPF in which there are winners and losers, unless I've missed some undertone in recent politics.

TPF destroyed an alliance and tried to destroy a community back then. Is that really something you should be so proud of? This is not to say I hate TPF in its current form, to be clear. I think y'all have a lot of heart and tenacity, and I am disappointed to see the comments from members within this thread voicing their support for what was in every way an OOC witchhunt.

UJP:
TPF came to the forces of [b]~[/b] basically day one asking for a way out of the war and an agreement was reached with Sponge who brought it to the rest of us, long before the OOC attacks took place.
[/quote]

Fixed that one for you, Slayer. You can't just spin the truth out of the picture, because at least one of the three people at the top of [b]~[/b] is still around.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1339380862' post='2980502']
The only real hate that seems to exist stems solely from Slayer though and that is his ooc hatred of WS.
[/quote]
Quite a few more people than just Slayer dislike WS/WN, and will do whatever needed to remove them from this world(OOC: this game, IRL it's free speech, but it doesn't mean i have to like what they say.)

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339396653' post='2980681']
Quite a few more people than just Slayer dislike WS/WN, and will do whatever needed to remove them from this world(OOC: this game, IRL it's free speech, but it doesn't mean i have to like what they say.)
[/quote]
This post is ironic as hell.

Also, good job continuing to be !@#$ as soon as the world's ready to welcome you back, TPF!

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339396653' post='2980681']
[/quote]
Yeah, that's not what we saw last time this was brought up, saw exactly the opposite actually.

Also, definitely concur with Rey on the irony of Mogar saying this.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' timestamp='1339398158' post='2980690']
Yeah, that's not what we saw last time this was brought up, saw exactly the opposite actually.

Also, definitely concur with Rey on the irony of Mogar saying this.
[/quote]
care to elaborate, or just want to elude to something you don't want to say?

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1339399322' post='2980692']
care to elaborate, or just want to elude to something you don't want to say?
[/quote]
Some of us don't bring OOC into the game in that way.