An Umbrella Treaty Announcement

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how is this announcement relevant to Roquentin again?

Leave our name out your mouth and we'll do the same, ya dig?

Just sit back, relax, chill, and enjoy the view.

Edited by Caliph

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1338405610' post='2974626']
So how is this announcement relevant to Roquentin again?

Leave our name out your mouth and we'll do the same, ya dig?
[/quote]

I'm not really a big fan of Umbrella and Umbrella threads will get some criticism. It's not really a dispute that has been settled in any way.

It's politically relevant for the reasons myth and others pointed out and doesn't make sense to a lot of consequently.

I'm not really sure how that's a fair bargain. You get more out of it than I do. In fact, I get nothing out of it at all.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338405788' post='2974628']
I'm not really a big fan of Umbrella and Umbrella threads will get some criticism. It's not really a dispute that has been settled in any way.

It's politically relevant for the reasons myth and others pointed out and doesn't make sense to a lot of consequently.

I'm not really sure how that's a fair bargain. You get more out of it than I do. In fact, I get nothing out of it at all.
[/quote]
Sure, some criticism is expected, within reason. What I'm saying here is make your opinion known, but you don't need to come back and rehash it every minute.

Sometimes a little of something goes a long way. Sometimes its better to sit back, chill, and watch the show.

One love.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338370649' post='2974478']
This is taking too long, Voytek. Bring it on.

edit: guess he's not going to finish his post

Anyway, I guess this is overall disappointing, but I kind of get the external motivation, unfortunately. I used to have a high opinion of Symphony, and I can't say it remains the same given the circumstances, not that they care. I wonder if they ever inquired as to what the motives behind something they discount as a "personal vendetta" are.

OOC: If we're going to talk about deranged, Cuba, maybe you want to check on your boyfriends at MK and their facebook activities. I mean making accounts to specifically harass people is the epitome of awesome, though, am I right?
[/quote]
Let me be honest here when I say I do not care at all about what the Mushroom Kingdom does or does not do. That is their business. All I care about is what /my/ alliance does and my participation and contributions within it. Some people will say I do not pay much attention to what goes on and for a good part that is true, but I do this because I really cannot be bothered to sit here and cry over everything that goes on and everything that this person or that person said about this alliance or that alliance. I like knowing the people I have met here and have been friends with for the last six years nearly.

I honestly do not dislike you either. Just like I do not dislike Myth, Stewie, Xander, Nemhauser, Zeppelin or any number of other people around here that people love to hate or talk about. Just let !@#$ slide homie and enjoy things, do not get soo wrapped up in stuff.

You did your time in Umbrella, things went in an undesirable way for you and you feel jaded because of it. That is fine and all, but learn to live some, yo. If you really dislike me, then that is fine.

Anyway, being allied again to Symphony was a dream of mine ever since I left Nordreich and joined Umbrella and I am truly glad to see this.

[img]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/Optronix32/url.gif[/img]

:D

EDIT: Grammatical errors.

Edited by Proest

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1338387121' post='2974520']
I'm shocked too that my personal agenda does not dictate Umbrella's actions. That said, you'll have to explain me which alliances you think I'd love to roll.
[/quote]

I could probably name one. -_-

Congratulations on this treaty, I am interested in seeing how it will develop.

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1338379566' post='2974499']
except it was and he was making a tongue in cheek remark. keep trying though.
[/quote]

We both know you are not speaking the truth. Listen, I don't give a rat's ass about your alliance or this treaty but when you are trying to downplay your feelings (and the plans) about a certain alliance you are at the wrong address.

Edited by kriekfreak

I don't know what's better. Lusitan pretending his feelings for certain Ex-Mjolinor alliances don't exist, JA having the balls to do the same, or the irony of JA's words coming back to haunt him -- and these weren't even anonymous musings but pretty in depth hand-in-cookie jar things!

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1338408008' post='2974646']
Anyway, being allied again to Symphony was a dream of mine ever since I left Nordreich
[/quote]

You sure do have a fascinating life cuba

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1338408671' post='2974652']
We both know you are not speaking the truth. Listen, I don't give a rat's ass about your alliance or this treaty but when you are trying to downplay your feelings (and the plans) about a certain alliance you are at the wrong address.
[/quote]
So you know JA's personal feelings more than he does?

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1338409582' post='2974658']
I don't know what's better. Lusitan pretending his feelings for certain Ex-Mjolinor alliances don't exist, JA having the balls to do the same, or the irony of JA's words coming back to haunt him -- and these weren't even anonymous musings but pretty in depth hand-in-cookie jar things!
[/quote]
Is there a black book containing all of JA's feelings somewhere so I can read up on what you all think his opinions are?

Cuba: Meh, I mean, to be honest getting upset at what I was doing when people you left NoR with weren't very quiet about their opinions in the anniversary thread just seems a bit hypocritical.

He admitted publicly when I called him out on it before. I'm not really sure how it gets anymore indisputable than that. arexes knows first hand as well since he had been interacting with people like JA and co. at a higher level for some time recently. It was an issue I raised before simply because I did see what the individuals in question were advocating. There's no real way to wiggle out of it.

Backtracking is pragmatic when stuff gets unearthed and people start to believe it. I mean, denial has worked for other alliances, so I'm not really surprised to see Umbrella get on the train.

I haven't brought it up recently due to a variety of reasons, but other people did.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1338348134' post='2974333']
Any plans to ally DT and Valhalla as well?
[/quote]
LJ SCOTT would roll out of his grave LOLOLOL

[quote name='white majik' timestamp='1338351835' post='2974366']
We have to go to war with Valhalla again. Only after we fight them can we sign a treaty. Everyone knows this

Also this treaty is music to my ears
[/quote]
Do you really want to get spanked again Majik is your wc sufficient yet you infra hugger.

As Kry put it 3rd time is the charm. Though admittedly I see way to many faces over their these days I like but hell whats a couple of nukes between friends. Casualties is the answer so win win.

Congrats on the treaty yall.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1338410244' post='2974663']
So you know JA's personal feelings more than he does?

Is there a black book containing all of JA's feelings somewhere so I can read up on what you all think his opinions are?
[/quote]

Don't play dumb. I meant Umbrella's feelings when I said "your". Since those came from Umb's government itself (which might or not included JA's feelings). I don't even know why Umbrella is backtracking from their original stance and trying to make it sound such plans did not exist. You guys do know that irc conversations get logged don't you?

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1338410244' post='2974663']
[/quote]

Close! IRC logs and screen caps. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1338411511' post='2974674']
i don't know what's better

myth or [size="7"]literally[/size] anything
[/quote]

Okay Rey.

I don't really get how the whole thing is in contention at all or ever was. People tend to make their feelings known on these forums and there was never any lack of it. It's not anything that hasn't been basically broadcasted by the individuals involved. No real cloak and dagger stuff.

In fact, people not liking x, y, z is usually easy to tell.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Exige' timestamp='1338410094' post='2974662']
You sure do have a fascinating life cuba
[/quote]
[img]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r245/Optronix32/dontcare.png[/img]

I ever soo much agree.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1338410868' post='2974667']
Cuba: Meh, I mean, to be honest getting upset at what I was doing when people you left NoR with weren't very quiet about their opinions in the anniversary thread just seems a bit hypocritical.
[/quote]
I cannot speak for them, they know my stance on my former alliance and that I have no reason nor rhyme to care enough to blast their anniversary thread. What the others do is their decision, even if I do not necessarily agree with the method of it all.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1338406258' post='2974632']
Sure, some criticism is expected, within reason. What I'm saying here is make your opinion known, but you don't need to come back and rehash it every minute.

Sometimes a little of something goes a long way. Sometimes its better to sit back, chill, and watch the show.

One love.
[/quote]

this.

@Roq, you'd do whatever agenda you're trying to push a whole lot of good if you didn't make every other thread a Roqcentric thread, and only posted in moderation. Although aside form that, some of drama that spurted up here is a bit entertaining..

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1338412933' post='2974692']
this.

@Roq, you'd do whatever agenda you're trying to push a whole lot of good if you didn't make every other thread a Roqcentric thread, and only posted in moderation. Although aside form that, some of drama that spurted up here is a bit entertaining..
[/quote]

The thing is, it wasn't really my intention until I got called out on doing that.

I didn't make the "Let's get something straight" thread Roqcentric despite my name being in the op, so idk or the moon bases ones and I haven't really been posting in general as of late. Rush said "welcome back" even.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1338408671' post='2974652']
[/quote]

We also both know that you've not been entirely truthful with the people you tried to sell us out to so cut the !@#$.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1338411339' post='2974673']
You guys do know that irc conversations get logged don't you?
[/quote]

And I hope you know that IRC also logs the things which you say as well as what other people say, I got some real good stuff on you.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, treaty announcement
Trying to make friends treat
We are slaves to tech and you’re nice guys
We'll take you down the only road we've ever been down
You know the one that takes you to the places
where all the nukes meet yeah

No posts, I shan't post
I shan't post, I shan't post
But I'm here in our thread
I am here in our thread
But there’s a million different trolls
from one post to the next
They can't change my mind
No, no, no, no, no, no, no

That's about as musical as i can get, glad to see this :)