CN Wiki Feedback Thread

Bobogoobo

[quote name='Rogal Dorn' timestamp='1338355415' post='2974403']
I got it from [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=104076&st=0&p=2768063&hl="mndoap"&fromsearch=1&#entry2768063]here[/url]

It just identifies mdoaps with explicit non chaining clauses.
[/quote]
To be honest, I think its a little silly to change the acronym based on whether there is an "explicit" non-chaining clause or not. Why not just put a star after the ones that are explicitly non-chaining, or something like that?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Wikia is upgrading their software again. the details can be found [url=http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TOR/MediaWiki_Upgrade]here[/url]. hopefully none of the new features will affect us <_<

here's a list of Selected bug fixes and new features

The upgrade brings us a lot of changes and fixes, many of them deep in the core code. Not all of these updates ones you will see directly on the site, but they include things like performance optimization to help the site run a bit faster, and code refactoring to make future development easier. There are, however, many which you might find interesting. Here’s a selection:
*The default user signature now contains a talk link in addition to the user link
*File extensions (e.g. .jpg) will be automatically added to filenames on upload if the user specified a filename without an extension
*Images are now autorotated according to their EXIF orientation. This only affects thumbnails; the source remains unrotated
*The "This is a minor edit" checkbox is now available when you create a page or new section
*Support for metadata in SVG files (title, description)
*Inline rendering/thumbnailing for Gimp XCF images
*The parser cache is now shared amongst users whose different settings aren't used in the page
*A variety of category sort-related fixes, including:
*In English, lowercase and uppercase letters now sort the same
*Subcategories, ordinary pages, and files now page separately
*When several pages are given the same sort key, they sort by their names instead of randomly
*Interlanguage links display the page title in their tooltip
*Special:Listfiles now supports a username parameter
*And much more!

Edited by Rogal Dorn

[quote name='Rogal Dorn' timestamp='1339520762' post='2981567']
Wikia is upgrading their software again. the details can be found [url=http://community.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:TOR/MediaWiki_Upgrade]here[/url]. hopefully none of the new features will affect us <_<

here's a list of Selected bug fixes and new features

The upgrade brings us a lot of changes and fixes, many of them deep in the core code. Not all of these updates ones you will see directly on the site, but they include things like performance optimization to help the site run a bit faster, and code refactoring to make future development easier. There are, however, many which you might find interesting. Here’s a selection:
*The default user signature now contains a talk link in addition to the user link
*File extensions (e.g. .jpg) will be automatically added to filenames on upload if the user specified a filename without an extension
*Images are now autorotated according to their EXIF orientation. This only affects thumbnails; the source remains unrotated
*The "This is a minor edit" checkbox is now available when you create a page or new section
*Support for metadata in SVG files (title, description)
*Inline rendering/thumbnailing for Gimp XCF images
*The parser cache is now shared amongst users whose different settings aren't used in the page
*A variety of category sort-related fixes, including:
*In English, lowercase and uppercase letters now sort the same
*Subcategories, ordinary pages, and files now page separately
*When several pages are given the same sort key, they sort by their names instead of randomly
*Interlanguage links display the page title in their tooltip
*Special:Listfiles now supports a username parameter
*And much more!
[/quote]

I don't know what most of it means, but it sounds cool. :P

Actually this is a good thing, Wikia doing something right for once :P. Would be nice if they kept their "heavy modifications" off when they update but that's not going to happen :P. I don't feel like reading through all the change logs but just from that selection, there are a few cool things. Most won't affect us because they're either back-end or have been worked around for a very long time, but I like not being able to mark new pages as minor, that's pretty silly to do. And the main thing is I love the category sorting fixes, I've been waiting for those for a long time. Separate pages for each type of member, lowercase and uppercase being together, all that stuff, awesome. So as long as they don't break stuff, this should be very good.

Also, I added "Discussion" to the thread title :P.
Edit: nvm, can't :/

Edited by Bobogoobo