A Final Announcement From FOK

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1336668975' post='2965973']
Dear Roq,

In this one thread, could you please shut the hell up?

Thanks,

Pingu
[/quote]

More than willing to if people don't want to accuse me of making things up. I mean, when you basically ignore the other side of the equation, it makes you look kind of biased.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336669088' post='2965975']
More than willing to if people don't want to accuse me of making things up. I mean, when you basically ignore the other side of the equation, it makes you look kind of biased.
[/quote]

I have no great love for FOK, but I am biased: toward civility and respect for the passing of an alliance.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1336669276' post='2965976']
I have no great love for FOK, but I am biased: toward civility and respect for the passing of an alliance.
[/quote]

I mean, I pretty much made it clear: if you do call me out on something and then start using it as a platform to lob insults at me, I'll generally respond. The issue is, that civility and respect have to be a mutual thing. Otherwise, it gets into arguing over who voted what or "no one takes you seriously."

That being said, I'm not going to get into it further. So good luck to the people who are still keeping on whereever they go.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1336668975' post='2965973']
Dear Roq,

In this one thread, could you please shut the hell up?

Thanks,

Pingu
[/quote]

I really doesn't understand why people keep asking other to shut up, as I said many times before, this kind of behavior just makes things become more boring. If you don't like what Roquentin is saying or think it is disrespectful, just don't reply to him or use the ignore feature of the boards. Also tell people to shut up never works anyway.

Ps: Before you say it, I doesn't agree with what he is saying.

Having spent most of my time here in FOK), this is a very sad day. I will certainly miss you FOK.

I want to thank all FOK members, both current and former, for all the great times I had during my time there.

First treaty I wrote:

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=36989"]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=36989[/url]

I miss those FOK'ers. A very, very sad day indeed.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1336672567' post='2965997']
I really doesn't understand why people keep asking other to shut up, as I said many times before, this kind of behavior just makes things become more boring. If you don't like what Roquentin is saying or think it is disrespectful, just don't reply to him or use the ignore feature of the boards. Also tell people to shut up never works anyway.

[/quote]

I really don't understand why someone would say something like this 'many times' since this kind of behavior just makes things become more irritating. If you don't like me telling Roq to shut up, just ignore me. Also, it seems to have worked in this instance.

P.S. Although now he might have to make a reappearance just to validate your point. See what you did?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336668298' post='2965965']
Here, I'm going to point this out: on your forums it shows how many people log in regularly. It has never been particularly high as of late for FOK members. Only around 35 have logged in the past 24 hours. I didn't really want to have to get into it.

I'm not really sure what you're asking here since I wasn't talking out of my ass. Are you asking me to attack you or something? It's kind of funny that you dispute me having any support at all when previous governments were more than favorable.
[/quote]

I ask that you return to reality. You talk like you know everything and that everybody cares about you and thinks about you. But you aren't a force that is known on the whole of planet BoB. The only reason people know you is because you like spamming on the OWF and you like to talk about upcoming wars with 100m+ attacking parties that will follow you. However clear data has never been released by you or your alliance. You're just getting on my nerves because you miss the normal knowledge about when to shut up.

But come with some names if you want to prove me wrong. I'm open minded.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336668551' post='2965968']
So yeah, Bomba, you wanted to talk !@#$, so please bring the numbers up. It's also important to note that any given time if people watched the activity rate of the FOK AA, there were at least 10 or so people who hadn't managed their nations for a while, so I want to know when exactly the entire alliance showed up and voted 80% in favor of merging.

Basically, what I have observed since you got into office was stuff like "A COALITION IS PLOTTING TO ROLL US AND I HAVE EVIDENCE." I mean, you're merging into an alliance that didn't notify you about leaving PB, so please.

edit: I'm willing to stop anytime you'd like, but don't really push it.
[/quote]
It was clear for over a half year that NG was planning to leave. They only waited for us to make up our mind. And therefore I thank them.

And our community is a bit different, we don't have to only communicate by private forums and the OWF.

And isn't it common knowledge that almost everyone is ready for a new great war? It's not a question if such a war will come, it will come. It would be stupid to deny that. And pardon me for preparing my alliance for the next war.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1336672567' post='2965997']

[/quote]
Its what you start doing when you can't win a argument.

We at the NPO, regardless of history, recognize the passing of what is indeed a CN institution as many have stated in this discussion. In that a loss has been experienced and felt. We wish you the very best and are of course very pleased to see you return to the familiar halls which are the members of NG.

Thank you for your history and the dynamic you added to the game.

o/ Fok

Edited by Brehon

:( Sad to see you guys go, FOK.

There were some great times working with you guys, it's just a damn shame we never really formalized relations, both Bastion and individual wise.

RIP FOK and good luck in NG (Don't forget to go fast right!)

I salute FOK o/
You were awesome

Although I like to recall Article 10 of the FOK! Charter

[quote]
Article 10 - Disbandment of the Alliance
a. The disbandment of the alliance is not part of the charter of the reigning council or that of the members of the alliance. b. The result of this is that as long as there are members who carry the FOK AA the alliance cannot be disbanded.
[/quote]

Does this mean that FOK! does not cease to exists just yet?

Hello,

This is indeed a very, very sad day. FOK.nl lured me (and many others) to this place but it was the FOK alliance that made me feel home.I've had a great time when I was a member, loved FOK when it was our protector at iFOK and shared a very close bond with them as equal allies in NG.

FOK was something different than most alliances. Sure it's language and midday blitzes made FOK stand out but it was more than that. FOK was some kind of an enigma. You never fully knew what the membership would make the leaders do (not the other way around). What was common knowledge is that FOK was always there for their allies. Even when the odds were stacked against them.

While many others like me have left FOK, we will forever keep FOK at heart. In my case I'll be able to have my FOK brethern closer than most others, so for that I'm happy.

Goodbye FOK, it was a great run!

ps. It's sad that some people in here have to argue or be angry at something they are partly guilty of. Let the dame pass away quietly, will you?

Edited by kriekfreak

During Karma, I got to fight quite a few FOKs. I have to say I was impressed by how well they worked, and how even tempered they were with banter. Made things more interesting than simply pushing buttons for days on end. Good luck to everyone in that alliance, wherever they end up.