A Final Announcement From FOK

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1336664918' post='2965939']
From time to time in Vox Populi, things got low--9 months is a long war for anyone--and some would leave, and some would redouble their efforts. Tearing up the NPO Academy was a fun diversion, but we knew that our battlefield was the mind, and so when spies began bringing in anti-NPO propaganda from Fok, we really rejoiced. For weeks more and more came in until finally we discovered the member initiative to leave Continuum.
I was always very proud of the members of Fok who took so seriously their role in determining their own future, who said no to tyranny when it was so much easier to revel in it.

That is the Fok I will always remember. Farewell.
[/quote]

Oh right, I remember the anti-NPO and GGA images.

Too bad no one exists like that now. D:

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally, this is a very sad day.

Throughout the past 5 years I have been nothing but a FOK member, minister or president. I've always said the only reason I am still around on Planet Bob is because of the FOK Alliance and its awesome community. Therefore, I will not be partaking in the merge with NG, nor will I be joining any other alliance. I will either soon depart from this world, or stay on the FOK AA indefinitely.

All that remains to me now is to thank all FOK members, both former and current, for the great times I've had. In my view, FOK has always been one of the most respectful alliances on Planet Bob - both on and off the battlefield - and I am proud of that. When I first became a member of FOK over 5 years ago, I could have never imagined us to have as much influence as we did. Still, it it sad that all of that has now come to an end.

[img]http://www.fokalliance.com/forum/images/smilies/fok-salute.png[/img]

~Divi Filius

Edited by Divi Filius

I echo Goldie's sentiments. FOK was the best ally on the battlefield I've ever coordinated with. During the PB-Polar war I remember repeatedly falling asleep with stagger targets still open, and waking up to find out Dutch friends had them covered. Thanks to Tim and the rest of you.

FOK was one of the finest alliances on Digiterra, one of the few alliances who got the open alliance thing right. FOK has changed and influenced the world so many times, been a major factor in every war. And perhaps one of the contributing factor to iFOK's success, so few others have stood by a protectorate as well as they have or actually produced a successful 'colony'. Perhaps NG might not even be here today without FOK, who knows?

Whatever grievances people may have with FOK, it's sad to see the lion close its eyes for the last time.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336654154' post='2965850']
You mean of the minority that logs into their forums, right?

I mean it should just say: "the active 20-30 wanted to do it."
[/quote]

Why so mean? And you got the numbers wrong.

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1336667150' post='2965952']
FOK was one of the finest alliances on Digiterra, one of the few alliances who got the open alliance thing right. FOK has changed and influenced the world so many times, been a major factor in every war. And perhaps one of the contributing factor to iFOK's success, so few others have stood by a protectorate as well as they have or actually produced a successful 'colony'. Perhaps NG might not even be here today without FOK, who knows?

Whatever grievances people may have with FOK, it's sad to see the lion close its eyes for the last time.
[/quote]

FOK is the alpha and the omega of Non Grata. <3

o/ FOK

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1336667157' post='2965953']
Why so mean? And you got the numbers wrong.
[/quote]

I mean, most alliances won't have 80% of their membership vote on anything. It's usually 80% of a smaller size of the population. I don't think more than maybe 35-40 actively participated in the process.

Also, like I said, I can't agree with your decision here.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1336667485' post='2965957']
I'd say goodbye, but you'll still be our friends in NG :).
[/quote]

Yeah, but now you're not going to have PB anymore, so overall not good for you. :P

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336667328' post='2965956']
I mean, [b]most[/b] alliances won't have 80% of their membership vote on anything. It's [b]usually[/b] 80% of a smaller size of the population. I don't [b]think[/b] more than maybe 35-40 actively participated in the process.

Also, like I said, I can't agree with your decision here.
[/quote]

Stop with the thinking if you don't know the numbers. FOK always was special, FOK always will be special and perhaps FOK will be special again in the future. Nobody, not even you with your eagerness to start discussions in this topic to let the thoughts about FOK disappear, will change that.

You have a big mouth, but where is your army of supporters? Who does actually support you? Everybody I know doesn't take your seriously and that is for a reason. Stop making the name of not only yourself but also of others worse. Put your money where your mouth is. Quit this game that you can't win, that would be better for everyone.

Edited by BombaAriba

[quote name='BombaAriba' timestamp='1336668114' post='2965963']
Stop with the thinking if you don't know the numbers. FOK always was special, FOK always will be special and perhaps FOK will be special again in the future. Nobody, not even you with your eagerness to start discussions in this topic to let the thoughts about FOK disappear, will change that.

You have a big mouth, but where is your army of supporters? Who does actually support you? Everybody I know doesn't take your seriously and that is for a reason. Stop making the name of not only yourself but also of others worse. Put your money where your mouth is.
[/quote]

Here, I'm going to point this out: on your forums it shows how many people log in regularly. It has never been particularly high as of late for FOK members. Only around 35 have logged in the past 24 hours. I didn't really want to have to get into it.

I'm not really sure what you're asking here since I wasn't talking out of my ass. Are you asking me to attack you or something? It's kind of funny that you dispute me having any support at all when previous governments were more than favorable.

Edited by Roquentin

So yeah, Bomba, you wanted to talk !@#$, so please bring the numbers up. It's also important to note that any given time if people watched the activity rate of the FOK AA, there were at least 10 or so people who hadn't managed their nations for a while, so I want to know when exactly the entire alliance showed up and voted 80% in favor of merging.

Basically, what I have observed since you got into office was stuff like "A COALITION IS PLOTTING TO ROLL US AND I HAVE EVIDENCE." I mean, you're merging into an alliance that didn't notify you about leaving PB, so please.

edit: I'm willing to stop anytime you'd like, but don't really push it.

Edited by Roquentin

Through the best of times, through the worst of times, FOK always remained one of my favorite alliances. You were fantastic allies and fantastic friends. Planet Bob will never be the same without you... goodbye, FOK. I hope you enjoy your new home. Just look out for Zoom, I hear he gets pretty frisky with the new blood.

o/ FOK

o/ LEO

o/ NG