A Final Announcement From FOK

I'd hate to be bitter for the entirety of this thread, so I'll say that I enjoyed working with FOK throughout the years. The early memories of fisting shall never be forgotten.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheGekkeJapanner' timestamp='1336653633' post='2965845']
I used to be a proud member of FOK for three years. To see this announcement makes me sad, but most of all disappointed.
How did it get to this state that an alliance like FOK has decided to throw it all away. Its illustrious history, a former sanctioned alliance, an impecable combat record, a generally liked position on Planet Bob with plenty of friends. How could they throw this all away?

It is funny really. Every alliance that I have joined has disbanded in some way; Nice Boat, SOS, and now FOK. I'm like the King Midas of turning alliances to !@#$ XD
There is just one subtle difference betweens the three. Nice Boat and SOS had a legitimate reason to disband.
So sad to see such a large and illustrious memberbase to get hung out to dry like this (because some people at the top would rather be in a different alliance).
[/quote]

It's easy to say that if you aren't actually in any position of responsibility, come back when you actually have run a large alliance and know what goes into running it.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1336658455' post='2965886']
It's easy to say that if you aren't actually in any position of responsibility, come back when you actually have run a large alliance and know what goes into running it.
[/quote]

Yeah, it's a !@#$%* especially when it's flagging. A lot of the time members won't want to disband regardless of the situation.

FOK has been a fantastic CN staple and a deadly force on the battlefields of countless fantastic conflicts. It is a great sadness to see them merge, even if it brings a fantastic wealth of new talent to Non Grata.

To the Bal Masque team posting and reposting in an effort to lure out standard NG/noble rest of the world debate, have some of the respect you are constantly reiterating in your attempts to bait and leave the NG question out of this. This is a tribute thread to a fantastic alliance.

SR.

[quote name='Scandalous Rumour' timestamp='1336658575' post='2965890']
FOK has been a fantastic CN staple and a deadly force on the battlefields of countless fantastic conflicts. It is a great sadness to see them merge, even if it brings a fantastic wealth of new talent to Non Grata.

To the Bal Masque team posting and reposting in an effort to lure out standard NG/noble rest of the world debate, have some of the respect you are constantly reiterating in your attempts to bait and leave the NG question out of this. This is a tribute thread to a fantastic alliance.

SR.
[/quote]

It's not really a concerted effort, and it stopped more or less on this page.

I really did post fisting and it's not a lure.

[quote name='Nikita Ilyich Lenin' timestamp='1336658094' post='2965884']
If it's any consolation, we're providing them with some pretty comfy rocking chairs.
[/quote]

I expect nothing less than the best for my old buddies at FOK.
Enjoy your new surge in size, NG.
Take care, FOK.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1336652928' post='2965834']
Pandoras Box, as strong as ever.

Ohh well.

FOK, you shall not be missed really.
[/quote]
Speak for yourself, bub.

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1336653206' post='2965838']
It's a sad day; realizing that I won't ever be able to return home again..
[/quote]
More confirmation that we are, indeed, chopped liver. It's okay, though. Chopped liver is delicious.

This is truly a gloomy day. FOK has been a major force, both statistically and politically, for over half a decade. Few other alliances can say they've had such an impact here. I have known FOK as both a vicious enemy and a stalwart ally and friend, and to see them close their doors greatly saddens me. I'm happy to hear you wont be too far away, with the great guys in NG, but it is still saddening to see you finally decide to take a bow.

A final o/ FOK, you guys deserve it.

[quote name='Sovyet Gelibolu' timestamp='1336659366' post='2965898']
Speak for yourself, bub.

More confirmation that we are, indeed, chopped liver. It's okay, though. Chopped liver is delicious.
[/quote]

Generally that's what I do when I type here, you know speak for myself. But if you want I'll speak for you as well?

Make some room atop the "Top 25 Disbanded Alliances " thread, there is a new #1.

A sad day indeed. Never held a treaty with FOK, but fought alongside them numerous times, it was nothing short of an honor. The merger into NG means I may likely get to fight alongside of them again.

o/FOK

You will be missed my friends.

A special thank you to Tromp for allowing me an insight into FOK a few years ago as Athens MOFA, I wish more had come of it.

From time to time in Vox Populi, things got low--9 months is a long war for anyone--and some would leave, and some would redouble their efforts. Tearing up the NPO Academy was a fun diversion, but we knew that our battlefield was the mind, and so when spies began bringing in anti-NPO propaganda from Fok, we really rejoiced. For weeks more and more came in until finally we discovered the member initiative to leave Continuum.
I was always very proud of the members of Fok who took so seriously their role in determining their own future, who said no to tyranny when it was so much easier to revel in it.

That is the Fok I will always remember. Farewell.