A Final Announcement From FOK

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1336653396' post='2965842']
That's not very nice.
But they were a bunch of FOKers, as they already know.
[/quote]

That's like, only my opinion man. Disregard FOK Acquire NG. Somehow I have a feeling they should have just stuck it out under their own name, than be tarred with the same !@#$ stick as NG.

I used to be a proud member of FOK for three years. To see this announcement makes me sad, but most of all disappointed.
How did it get to this state that an alliance like FOK has decided to throw it all away. Its illustrious history, a former sanctioned alliance, an impecable combat record, a generally liked position on Planet Bob with plenty of friends. How could they throw this all away?

It is funny really. Every alliance that I have joined has disbanded in some way; Nice Boat, SOS, and now FOK. I'm like the King Midas of turning alliances to !@#$ XD
There is just one subtle difference betweens the three. Nice Boat and SOS had a legitimate reason to disband.
So sad to see such a large and illustrious memberbase to get hung out to dry like this (because some people at the top would rather be in a different alliance).

Edited by TheGekkeJapanner

Truly saddened to see FOK go, CCC was always fond of you guys. We had some good times fighting you in PB-DH, and Bi-Polar (for about an hour :P) God Speed Ladies and Gentlemen of FOK.

[quote name='TheGekkeJapanner' timestamp='1336653633' post='2965845']
I used to be a proud member of FOK for three years. To see this announcement makes me sad, but most of all disappointed.
How did it get to this state that an alliance like FOK has decided to throw it all away. Its illustrious history, a former sanctioned alliance, an impecable combat record, a generally liked position on Planet Bob with plenty of friends. How could they throw this all away?

It is funny really. Every alliance that I have joined has disbanded in some way; Nice Boat, SOS, and now FOK. I'm like the King Midas of turning alliances to !@#$ XD
There is just one subtle difference betweens the three. Nice Boat and SOS had a legitimate reason to disband.
So sad to see such a large and illustrious memberbase to get hung out to dry like this (because some people at the top would rather be in a different alliance).
[/quote]

Over 80% of FOK voted to join NG after intense discussion on what they wanted to do as an alliance.

It was an alliance member decision to search for new pastures, not just the government at the top.

Wow, this does come as a shock.

I remember fighting you guys and enjoying it, you were great fighters and a sturdy alliance.

A shame to see a giant of old disband.

Good luck in your new homes.

o7

EDIT: Is the day of Super alliances happening? :P

Edited by Scorponok

[quote name='Stewie' timestamp='1336654029' post='2965848']
Over 80% of FOK voted to join NG after intense discussion on what they wanted to do as an alliance.

It was an alliance member decision to search for new pastures, not just the government at the top.
[/quote]

You mean of the minority that logs into their forums, right?

I mean it should just say: "the active 20-30 wanted to do it."

Edited by Roquentin

[/quote]

Sure, you just say whatever makes you more comfortable about swallowing up another alliance.
Just be careful though. Obesity kills.

[/quote]

Out of respect for FOK, I won't dispute this... but you should be careful before someone who really isn't happy with this decision actually does.

It'd be nicer if this announcement were just a celebration of everything FOK's achieved, is that too much to ask? :|

Remember when they forced AiD to surrender in UJW? Good times. :wub:

I have mixed feelings about this, it is sad to see FOK an alliance that for years I have looked at like a big brother to my alliance is now gone. On the other hand I'm very glad to see that most of them will be joining the ranks of NG.

o/FOK

Edited by jgator

[quote name='AmbroseIV' timestamp='1336655296' post='2965859']
Out of respect for FOK, I won't dispute this... but you should be careful before someone who really isn't happy with this decision actually does.

It'd be nicer if this announcement were just a celebration of everything FOK's achieved, is that too much to ask? :|

Remember when they forced AiD to surrender in UJW? Good times. :wub:
[/quote]

I wouldn't stress, I think anyone with half a brain knows that the 80% figure is maybe true, but when the numbers that discussed it was probably 20-30 then it ceases to be relevant.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1336655978' post='2965863']
I wouldn't stress, I think anyone with half a brain knows that the 80% figure is maybe true, but when the numbers that discussed it was probably 20-30 then it ceases to be relevant.
[/quote]
It was more than that.

I would say what killed FOK was their English proficiency since a lot of Dutch people didn't really see the need to be in a Dutch alliance. Like I can't imagine NEW merging into like Europa or FEAR.

FOK members was the best warriors I faced in my CN career and I always respect FOK so I'll miss you guys.

This will make NG be huge, may be become #1? I think NG is copying the Borgs strategy of assimilation.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336656386' post='2965866']
I would say what killed FOK was their English proficiency since a lot of Dutch people didn't really see the need to be in a Dutch alliance. Like I can't imagine NEW merging into like Europa or FEAR.
[/quote]

That's an interesting point, hadn't thought of that.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1336656895' post='2965871']
FOK members was the best warriors I faced in my CN career and I always respect FOK so I'll miss you guys.

This will make NG be huge, may be become #1? I think NG is copying the Borgs strategy of assimilation.
[/quote]

Resistance is futile :ehm:

Though saddened by the loss of my former alliance, I can at least take solace in the fact that it isn't the opposite; NG merging into FOK.
At least with FOK retiring in this manner, NG won't get the chance to ruin the great reputation that FOK has built up as an alliance.
I guess that is what they mean with 'retiring on top'. Just wished they had chosen a different retirement home. Enjoy your rocking chairs.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1336656386' post='2965866']
[/quote]
Yeah this was certainly a factor. Over time lots of members left for English alliances, especially our allies. If FOK would have all the Dutch and Flemish nations we would be a top 5 alliance.

[quote name='TheGekkeJapanner' timestamp='1336657589' post='2965879']
Though saddened by the loss of my former alliance, I can at least take solace in the fact that it isn't the opposite; NG merging into FOK.
At least with FOK retiring in this manner, NG won't get the chance to ruin the great reputation that FOK has built up as an alliance.
I guess that is what they mean with 'retiring on top'. Just wished they had chosen a different retirement home. Enjoy your rocking chairs.
[/quote]

If it's any consolation, we're providing them with some pretty comfy rocking chairs.