Completion of the Polaris Peace Terms

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1336838119' post='2966524']
Over the last 3 years, there has been one and only one constant that had been adamant against giving us a clean slate. If that has suddenly changed, someone surprise me. Its a two way street Roq.
[/quote]

Yeah, I get what you're saying since I never did understand that. Maybe it has changed. Though my point is a lot of alliances keep grudges for three years or more with other alliances, not necessarily with Polar or IRON.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1336759867' post='2966310']
That's GOD's school of thought.
[/quote]

Careful, your own alliance needed it at one time.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1336706309' post='2966173']
I smell a new moralist bloc.
[/quote]
If you're implying what I think you are: no :unsure: .

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1336758359' post='2966307']
There's no such thing. For any of us.
[/quote]
People will remember what Polar did, but TOP and IRON are actually pretty good at getting their grudges out on the battlefield, so you can be fairly sure they won't be undermining Polar and agitating against them now that they've got their revenge.

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1336850653' post='2966565']
Careful, your own alliance needed it at one time.
[/quote]
We are careful Myth, that is why we dont follow the doctrine of shattering kneecaps again and again and again or attempting to disband alliances. We nuke it out, and we're done, if we win, no reps, gl hf, maybe we can be friends too! if we loose, yeh we sure hammered em on our way down, but hey if you're up for a beer, why not.

[quote name='Richard VII' timestamp='1336851690' post='2966571']
The series is over?
[/quote]
101% over as far as IRON is concerned. Great opportunity to spread Polar-babes propaganda ;)

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1336862691' post='2966668']
We are careful Myth, that is why we dont follow the doctrine of shattering kneecaps again and again and again or attempting to disband alliances. We nuke it out, and we're done, if we win, no reps, gl hf, maybe we can be friends too! if we loose, yeh we sure hammered em on our way down, but hey if you're up for a beer, why not.

101% over as far as IRON is concerned. Great opportunity to spread Polar-babes propaganda ;)
[/quote]

This is why i like and respect IRON so much. We fought, we settled are disagreements on the field, then walked away like men. I held a lot of wars with IRON folk, and every single one of them was respectful, and fun to war with. You guys were top notch adversaries, and even though you came out on top you did so with style.

That right there, has most definitively earned my respect.

[quote name='Llanowar Elf' timestamp='1336867840' post='2966705']
This is why i like and respect IRON so much. We fought, we settled are disagreements on the field, then walked away like men. I held a lot of wars with IRON folk, and every single one of them was respectful, and fun to war with. You guys were top notch adversaries, and even though you came out on top you did so with style.

That right there, has most definitively earned my respect.
[/quote]

QFT.
o/ Polaris, time to shift the momentum of rep payments into rebuilding

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1336862691' post='2966668']

[/quote]

I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of not extending what you yourselves have received in the past with much less effort.

Congratulations Polaris, Its been a long road and I don't know an alliance that could survive as much as Polaris has went through. I do believe Polaris will never die, and I'm happy it wont :)

o/ Polaris

I won't say it's a clean slate, because imo that's just not possible. What this does signify is a return to neutral, to absolute and complete apathy about NpO. I've been impressed by the speed and efficiency with which the reps have been carried out and have no doubt that it will carry over into rebuilding. Other than that I fully expect that we'll stay out of each other's houses wherever possible and stick to polite small-talk at social events.

Edited by maladieshie

B-)

Well done, Polaris!

The War was fought, lessons taken; a newer and wiser attitude before a wide open horizon is the call of the day...!

We at AVALANCHE expect nothing less from ourselves...

o/ Polaris

o/Avalanche

...And the rest of the brave and faithful Alliances that gave the best in the darkest hour...! You made us Proud!!! :)

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1336955140' post='2967091']
I was just pointing out the hypocrisy of not extending what you yourselves have received in the past with much less effort.
[/quote]
Yes, you were there with us all the times through those efforts. :rolleyes:

Edited by shahenshah

I have to say that Polar is extremely competent at rep's and aid in general. I have seen them rebuild a few times, and each time they are one of the front runners. Impressive.

Honestly, although I am one of the few....they have a clean slate with me. I wouldn't want to ally them any time soon, but the animosity I have had for them is pretty much erased.

This is probably one of the most epic feuds I have seen in over 5 years...Although Grub made some slimy decisions he sure shook things up, and made things more fun for a while.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1337018035' post='2967391']
Might be time to update your sig image though Shah ;)
[/quote]

Does anyone remember that they presented that "TOP thing humping Polar logo" as an "attempt at friendship"? All the subtlety of a dog pretending there's no poop on the carpet. But hey, they're all over their collective grudge now, right?

Honestly, the original if you mean the New Platypus Order thing actually was. I won't deny that people like Crymson had pragmatic motivations for wanting to get closer to Polar, but it was clear to me as a TOP ally at the time, they did want to be friends regardless of the reasoning behind it. Several wars were averted solely to avoid clashing with them.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1337073435' post='2967647']
Does anyone remember that they presented that "TOP thing humping Polar logo" as an "attempt at friendship"? All the subtlety of a dog pretending there's no poop on the carpet. But hey, they're all over their collective grudge now, right?
[/quote]
We made images involving the symbols of alliances that were coming over for our official QnA session. The reason the images made it out into the public was because both members of my Order and yours found them humorous or cool given our particular history with one another. Off the top of my head I remember ones we made for Fark, RnR, FOK, MK and of course the NpO. I'm sure we made many many more. I believe the only ones that made it to the OWF were yours and MKs. Consider yourself now informed on the subject.

Now, I've gotten over my grudge. Have you?

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1337091291' post='2967709']
We made images involving the symbols of alliances that were coming over for our official QnA session. The reason the images made it out into the public was because both members of my Order and yours found them humorous or cool given our particular history with one another. Off the top of my head I remember ones we made for Fark, RnR, FOK, MK and of course the NpO. I'm sure we made many many more. I believe the only ones that made it to the OWF were yours and MKs. Consider yourself now informed on the subject.
[/quote]

We went along with that joke of an image to serve good relations. You guys like to pretend we've never done a thing to try and improve relations with TOP, but this is a perfect example of the whole alliance playing nice.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1337091291' post='2967709']
Now, I've gotten over my grudge. Have you?
[/quote]

You guys chirped all the way through the reps period but in the interest of leaving things behind I didn't say a thing. A bunch of you continue to run your mouths now so don't drop your monocle when I take that as a license to have some fun out here.

Let it go Zombie please mate. Roq is right. There was some truth in a warming relationship at the time and I believe that was a big part of the bitterness that was created by bi-polar.

It's the past and time to move on.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1337113733' post='2967794']
We went along with that joke of an image to serve good relations. You guys like to pretend we've never done a thing to try and improve relations with TOP, but this is a perfect example of the whole alliance playing nice.
[/quote]
If that's the case...

The image was not created as a symbol of friendship and growing trust but rather a symbol of our dominance over you. In other words, your our !@#$%*. We take what we want, when we want. We did it during the War of the Coalition and we did it again in the last war. The tech I got this year was just as good as the reparations I received in 2008. You can only imagine how hilarious it was to see Polar members wearing that image on the big boards.

[quote]A bunch of you continue to run your mouths now so don't drop your monocle when I take that as a license to have some fun out here.[/quote]
By all means, have some fun for once. Johan, knows I've had a blast.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin