Announcement from Non Grata

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1335572107' post='2960232']
Actually I think what you mean to say is that NG were the alliance in PB most willing to do the tough fighting on your behalf so you didn't have to(because NG like throwing themselves into the fray regardless of the consequences) What I'm seeing here is your typical snark toward those who did things which didn't benefit you or your goals.
[/quote]

You'll need to point me toward the reality in which despite being one of only two alliances (Valhalla was the other) to fight in both theaters of the war, we were finding people to do the "tough fighting" on our behalf. Of course, "on our behalf" indicates in the first place that NG wasn't as desirous of that war as we were, which is also untrue. Is this really the best you can do?

That said, I'm unsurprised to see such tripe from you, given as you are to protests along the lines of "You're pressuring us!" or "You're being completely inconsiderate of us!" or protestations of indignation in various other forms, all centered around the idea that anyone who suggested that you do anything other than sit around, or anyone who did anything that inconvenienced any aspect of your foreign policy--which meant just about anything, given the very various allies you had--was somehow victimizing your alliance. Of course, I imagine the statement I'm replying to was made somewhat defensively and in reference to a single discussion, in which I was barely involved, and in which the matter of Umbrella possibly helping in a theater of the war--a war which was still some time in the future at that stage--was being spoken of. One of the true ironies of the war is that even after all of that, and the storm of righteous indignation it provoked from you and your membership, your alliance's help was not necessary at all.

So there you go. Put more thought into this sort of thing in the future.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1335573431' post='2960238']
> Starts war
> Complains when PB expects you to do the fighting.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/fAOf8.gif[/img]
[/quote]

That isn't applicable to reality, but keep grasping.

That said, you'll need to speak up a bit in the future; all that irrelevance you've got is making you difficult to hear.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1335573729' post='2960240']

That said, you'll need to speak up a bit in the future; all that irrelevance you've got is making you difficult to hear.
[/quote]

:nattyburn:

I always love the relevancy canard.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335545120' post='2960136']
From what I've heard, NG didn't tell FOK or anyone else before this was posted.
[/quote]

Well they did inform people of this but let's say the window of time that elapsed between informing and posting was less than desirable.

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1335539981' post='2960101']
Showing your true colors here, great job! It's a shame this didn't happen earlier, but then again, that would have meant you wouldn't have been able to leech off the powers-that-be as much as you were able to.
[/quote]
The big joke is that you guys are still treatied to them. Who else is showing their true colours right now? You.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1335574423' post='2960243']
Other GOD members posting in 5 4 3 2...[/quote]

Whew! Crymson arrives just in time to breath some life into this thread. Hopefully he gets on a roll and reminds us all how TOP's FA goals take precedence over everything else and those who don't follow the script are jerks.

Hello Crymskins :)

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1335573055' post='2960234']
One of the true ironies of the war is that even after all of that, and the storm of righteous indignation it provoked from you and your membership, your alliance's help was not necessary at all.
[/quote]

I guess this puts the TOP [i]you're the main reason why no global war has been started[/i]â„¢ rant into a whole new perspective.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1335582634' post='2960289']
I guess this puts the TOP [i]you're the main reason why no global war has been started[/i]â„¢ rant into a whole new perspective.
[/quote]

Attribution of said sentiment exclusively or even primarily to TOP is very inaccurate; but yes, it was untrue, for a reason that brings us full-circle in this argument: the war was made practical and possible by NG's decision to depart from the asinine and completely unrealistic "PB decides together!" mindset that, because there wasn't the faintest chance of the disparate agendas in the bloc aligning, had kept the bloc and political action deadlocked for months. As it appeared that said deadlock was going to go on forever, Umbrella changing tunes would have been the only possible way to bring the bloc to some consensus. It is fortunate that this situation did not prevail, because Umbrella would likely--as usual--have been content to just sit around and admire its tech numbers. But I guess there's nothing [i]objectively[/i] wrong with that; different alliances derive their enjoyment of CN from different sources, as always.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1335572107' post='2960232']
Actually I think what you mean to say is that NG were the alliance in PB most willing to do the tough fighting on your behalf so you didn't have to(because NG like throwing themselves into the fray regardless of the consequences) What I'm seeing here is your typical snark toward those who did things which didn't benefit you or your goals.[/quote]
Except we actually took several targets on Fark as they attacked NPO, something you know (or should know?). What was our link to the NPO? Nonexistent.

To be honest, I'm not sure why this is devolving into TOP vs PB, not that I mind it. We are thankful for the help given to us (the war coalition) by NG, the PB element we found the most helpful and easier to work with. That's all there is to it.

How you doing these days, JA? Btw, I don't think Umbrella acted in a way that was opposed to our goals, in any way or form. Au contraire.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1335584447' post='2960293']
It is fortunate that this situation did not prevail, because Umbrella would likely--as usual--have been [u]content to just sit around and admire its tech numbers[/u]. But I guess there's nothing [i]objectively[/i] wrong with that; different alliances derive their enjoyment of CN from different sources, as always.
[/quote]
Coming from TOP, I find the underlined pretty amusing.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1335568002' post='2960215']
By the way, Tromp, it's a shame that you didn't stay in government. We'd have loved to watch you propel your alliance into the crapper. Would you please consider running for office again next term?
[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1335584447' post='2960293']
Umbrella would likely--as usual--have been content to just sit around and admire its tech numbers.
[/quote]
Crymson single-handedly takes irony to new heights as only he could.

Edited by Schattenmann

[/quote]

Actually from all accounts, even my own, that seems pretty accurate.

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1335584859' post='2960297']
Except we actually took several targets on Fark as they attacked NPO, something you know (or should know?). What was our link to the NPO? Nonexistent.

To be honest, I'm not sure why this is devolving into TOP vs PB, not that I mind it. [/quote]

Holla at yo' boy Crymson.

It's hilarious that he is now frustrated Umbrella didn't do enough when in reality it did nearly all of the work without having to lift a finger.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1335590341' post='2960328']
Crymson single-handedly takes irony to new heights as only he could.
[/quote]

Oh, it's Schattenman's "Attention at any cost!" routine again. Yawn. You're a fairly intelligent guy, Schatt, and implying that I flushed TOP down the toilet by participating in a highly risky preempt against an entire bloc and then following that two lines later with the implication that I'm a stat collector was not at all well thought-out. I can thus only assume that it was motivated by your constant and desperate need to always get a contrary word in.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1335591818' post='2960340']
Oh, it's Schattenman's "Attention at any cost!" routine again. Yawn. You're a fairly intelligent guy, Schatt, and implying that I flushed TOP down the toilet with a highly risky preempt against an entire bloc and then following that two lines later with the implication that I'm a stat collector was not at all well thought-out. I can thus only assume that it was motivated by your compulsive and desperate need to always get a contrary word in.
[/quote]
The only reason you'd do the pre empt in the first place would be if you thought it was best for TOP, which would lead back to the stat collecting.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1335593184' post='2960344']
The only reason you'd do the pre empt in the first place would be if you thought it was best for TOP, which would lead back to the stat collecting.
[/quote]

Because doing what you think is best for the alliance is a... bad thing?

Sometimes I wonder if you guys even think about the things you spew forth.

Do I think Crymson is an exemplary leader? No. Do I like the guy personally? Meh. Do I think he should be knocked for making choices that he thinks would be ... best for his alliance... is this a bad thing? No...

For Jiminey Cricket's Sake... take your two cents and rub them together a bit to heat them up and get that little noggin of yours working before you post next time.

Edit: *this

Edited by Micheal Malone

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1335593184' post='2960344']
[/quote]
This is an absurd line of reasoning. If they were just interested in stat collecting, they would have just not entered, rather than take a huge gamble on an attack on the entirety of a major block that would be very damaging if they won, and devastating if they lost.

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1335598067' post='2960356']
This is an absurd line of reasoning. If they were just interested in stat collecting, they would have just not entered, rather than take a huge gamble on an attack on the entirety of a major block that would be very damaging if they won, and devastating if they lost.
[/quote]
alliances like TOP/Gramlins/other upper tier alliances, in the current method of coalition warfare would only need to be active for the first round of wars(admittedly still incredibly destructive at those tech levels), nuclear anarchy prevents your enemies from re-declaring, and their allies(your alliance in the case of TOP) will take the damage from then onward, since by the time the first round nations are out of anarchy, they'll be fractions of their former size, and not in range of the nations that declared in the first round.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1335603377' post='2960366']
alliances like TOP/Gramlins/other upper tier alliances, in the current method of coalition warfare would only need to be active for the first round of wars(admittedly still incredibly destructive at those tech levels), nuclear anarchy prevents your enemies from re-declaring, and their allies(your alliance in the case of TOP) will take the damage from then onward, since by the time the first round nations are out of anarchy, they'll be fractions of their former size, and not in range of the nations that declared in the first round.
[/quote]

No, that's not it. If the numbers are equal enough, it won't work out that way since people will take equal damage. A lot of MK's upper tier got zied by TOP's high tech people and were still in range.

However, it was the best move and sitting out meant passing up a once in a life time chance of having Polar and co.'s NS so it was a calculated move. Not really stat collecting since they knew that they'd come to blows with C&G anyway and they said they only needed a draw in order for it to work out.

Edited by Roquentin