Imperial Roman Announcement

jraenar

1) I was replying to BKlein, who [i]did[/i] call it a down-declare. I suspect it's only because he was one of the many SUN caught with 20% soldiers in DEFCON 5, and he's still a bit sore over that fact.

2) I did not complain about the other wars. I pointed out that I thought it was disappointing that there were so many down-declares when you take into account ANS, tiers, nukes. Other AAs are free to make their own choices for targets, and we'll reserve the right to point out how terrible they are.

In this case, the tiers were fairly even, and the ANS was comparable once you consider all the low NS nations SUN keeps around to inflate score and lower ANS. There is some disparity in nukes. It was 96 vs 47 before the attack BTW. And since we spied several of them before and after update, yet the counts increased by the same amount on both sides, that just shows that SUN has a higher nuke purchasing capability due to the upper tier advantage. So there isn't much of an advantage their, either. No blatant disparity in any of the categories that matter. No hypocrisy.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335144429' post='2957491']
1) I was replying to BKlein, who [i]did[/i] call it a down-declare. I suspect it's only because he was one of the many SUN caught with 20% soldiers in DEFCON 5, and he's still a bit sore over that fact.
[/quote]

This is what BKlein said,

[quote name='BKlein' timestamp='1335134170' post='2957359']
Long story made short: down declaring is evil unless you're the one doing it; anarchy doesn't mean anything unless you're the one causing it. Yada yada.

Again, adminspeed to RE
[/quote]

If I'm not mistaken all BKlein is doing is expressing his feelings about what most people think when they are down declaring, he has not once said that RE is doing a down declare on SUN.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335144429' post='2957491']
2) I did not complain about the other wars. I pointed out that I thought it was disappointing that there were so many down-declares when you take into account ANS, tiers, nukes. Other AAs are free to make their own choices for targets, and we'll reserve the right to point out how terrible they are.

In this case, the tiers were fairly even, and the ANS was comparable once you consider all the low NS nations SUN keeps around to inflate score and lower ANS. There is some disparity in nukes. It was 96 vs 47 before the attack BTW. And since we spied several of them before and after update, yet the counts increased by the same amount on both sides, that just shows that SUN has a higher nuke purchasing capability due to the upper tier advantage. So there isn't much of an advantage their, either. No blatant disparity in any of the categories that matter. No hypocrisy.
[/quote]

Well you are wrong about the nuclear count, unless your talking about at 6 PM server time might be right or wrong though never checked what the nuclear count at that time, but before update this is what the nuclear count was at...

[IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Killer8492/warzzz.png[/IMG]

Also you guys aren't the only ones spying away nukes, we have also been spying away RE's nukes.

[quote name='Captain Spock' timestamp='1335148247' post='2957542']
Wait... we're at war? :blink:
[/quote]

I think so. I woke up this morning, put on my bathrobe and walked outside to get my newspaper, only to find the front lawn littered with thousands of corpses and burnt out tanks. I could smell the scent of Napalm, and must confess I was perplexed. Despite all the carnage my grass was still pristine except for an obnoxious cruise missile that had landed in my flower beds. I asked what was going on to my guards and apparently somebody tried to crash my little piece of suburbia. It was tragic. I sipped some more coffee and went back inside to continue my devious plans on taking over the home owners association.

Edited by Aeros

[quote name='KillerCruiser' timestamp='1335147935' post='2957537']
Well you are wrong about the nuclear count, unless your talking about at 6 PM server time might be right or wrong though never checked what the nuclear count at that time, but before update this is what the nuclear count was at...
[/quote]
Oh really? I'm wrong about the nuclear counts on the stats I pulled to make up the target list? I had no idea the Excel SUM() function could get things so wrong… :rolleyes:

My point on nuke purchasing still stands. Our private channel was filled with copy-pasta of successful nuke spy ops against SUN during the blitz, and I got no reports of RE nukes getting spied in response. Ergo, SUN (with the larger upper tier) can and did buy more nukes than RE.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335148989' post='2957548']
Oh really? I'm wrong about the nuclear counts on the stats I pulled to make up the target list? I had no idea the Excel SUM() function could get things so wrong… :rolleyes:

My point on nuke purchasing still stands. Our private channel was filled with copy-pasta of successful nuke spy ops against SUN during the blitz, and I got no reports of RE nukes getting spied in response. Ergo, SUN (with the larger upper tier) can and did buy more nukes than RE.
[/quote]

Well if you don't know how to exactly use the SUM() function then yes, you are wrong :smug:

Your leader stelios I'm almost sure he got his nukes spied away if I'm not mistaken...

[IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll201/Killer8492/Stelios.png[/IMG]

[quote]1) I was replying to BKlein, who did call it a down-declare. I suspect it's only because he was one of the many SUN caught with 20% soldiers in DEFCON 5, and he's still a bit sore over that fact.[/quote]

Well, to make the point moot, I was referring to what you guys accused us of: I said nothing of your tactics which I see as perfectly valid.

Any alliance at war can do anything required to win or inflict damage on the other (That said, I draw the line short of espionage outside the in-game spy function). Explain to me how a guy declaring on two or three people half his size - mind you, he's already being attacked by people 2-3k higher NS - is in any way a less valid tactic than a quad attack on an unsuspecting alliance. It's not.

Yes, I was one of those that got caught with his pajamas on. It might even amuse you to know that I had 17% troops! Let me just tell you that those that get "sore" over their own mistakes have a lot to learn. If anything, you guys handed me an excellent learning experience. The RE members that have declared on me have been nothing but kind, so I do not begrudge them their victory if it comes to that.

(Also, thanks to Killer for properly interpreting my response)

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1335148909' post='2957546']
I think so. I woke up this morning, put on my bathrobe and walked outside to get my newspaper, only to find the front lawn littered with thousands of corpses and burnt out tanks. I could smell the scent of Napalm, and must confess I was perplexed. Despite all the carnage my grass was still pristine except for an obnoxious cruise missile that had landed in my flower beds. I asked what was going on to my guards and apparently somebody tried to crash my little piece of suburbia. It was tragic. I sipped some more coffee and went back inside to continue my devious plans on taking over the home owners association.
[/quote]

I love everything about this. :lol1:

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1335148909' post='2957546']
[/quote]
Hands down one of the funniest things I have ever read on the OWF

After discussions with The Black Watch dip... diplum... uhh... how do you say that? diplumax? Hmm. Anyway. After discussions with some dude in The Black Watch, the main conflict has reached a peace agreement as of update of the 24th into the 25th.

The other side skirmishes continue.

[quote name='jraenar' timestamp='1335584652' post='2960295']
I have been informed that the SUN government has agreed to peace on April 28th at noon.

Sadly, one side skirmish is coming to a close.
[/quote]
Hopefully no peace for LoSS for that dastardly DoW. :)

[quote name='Eumirbago' timestamp='1335623541' post='2960415']
Stelios wanted me to tell the OWF to talk $%*^ to KC for downdeclaring so bad
[/quote]

lol when all of you guys down declared on many of our guys, so many more.. Lol you guys get angry that I down declare on one guy when I'm going to be in six wars, thats just pathetic.

Also Eumirbago attacking after the peace, what is wrong with you. I thought you were better than that...

[quote name='KillerCruiser' timestamp='1335646594' post='2960505']
lol when all of you guys down declared on many of our guys, so many more.. Lol you guys get angry that I down declare on one guy when I'm going to be in six wars, thats just pathetic.

Also Eumirbago attacking after the peace, what is wrong with you. I thought you were better than that...
[/quote]

Told you, my hand slipped :P

What down-declares on our side? I made up the target lists. Everyone at the top got two targets that were higher NS and maybe one that was around 80-90% if they got a third. The only nations that had all their targets smaller were our "bottom tier" of nations that didn't start at the beginning of the round. They were around 4k NS and covered the "bottom tier" of SUN around 2.5k to 3.5k. We didn't (and couldn't) bother with the chaff smaller than that.

Contrast that with your top guys, who chose to attack around 50-60% NS. And still got beaten badly, by the way. Might want to work on that instead of spending all this effort whining.

[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/252/reontop.png"]Link To Screenshot[/url]

Dunno why image wouldn't post. Seems SUN has recruited some noobs since I posted and taken the top spot back again lol.

Edited by Kingneptune