Top 25 Disbanded Alliances

Incitatus

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1335402841' post='2959383']
SSSW18 because that name is freaking awesome.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. :wub:

As for the discussion over =LOST=. =LOST= was all types of awsome. And for an alliance that small they managed to stick their noses into everything. And not in an annoying they don't belong type of way. But in a meaningful classy player who knows what the hell they are doing behind the scenes type of way.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1337556327' post='2969989']
If we can agree on anything in this thread, it's that there are too many opinions (O.P's included) to accurately make a "Top 25 disbanded alliances" list.
[/quote]

Not necessarily true. There are a few common denominators of alliances that are [i]in[/i] the top 25; however, their placement/order is a completely different matter.

I wasn't around for these alliances. So even if people argue over the list, it is still a very nice thing to see and read about so I can learn more about the history of the game, and get a better understanding of the politics of the game today. The fact people are arguing over it is even better as then that gives multiple views of the alliances chosen and feeds more information into the mix.

Rather than simply stating that a certain alliance was terrible it would be nice to have a description of why they were terrible. Every alliance on that list is disbanded, which implies that they all failed in some fairly major way at some point. The descent to that failure would be more interesting to a new player than the just the fact that someone we never knew was terrible.

[color="#0000FF"]Might I suggest adding Tri-Color Federation to this list? They were the first alliance to attempt to have a presence on three spheres. Do not mistake them for a multi-colored alliance, however. They allowed nations only on aqua, pink, and brown, with each sphere getting representation in a senate.

Sure they might have failed miserably, lasting only six months and never doing anything notable (or even getting more than a few nations on either the pink or brown spheres, thus even failing in their tri-colored thing), but at least they tried to something. Considering that this list requires neither success nor noteworthiness I strongly feel that TCF deserves to be in the high company of the likes of Anathema.[/color]

For my own entertainment I decided to come up with my own list of top 25 disbanded alliances based on Incitatus' criteria of stats, political impact and community, but could only come up with 16 that could really cut muster. I've ruled out any alliances that have stated [b]themselves[/b] that they have been reformed (hence why GOONS (original) is on the list and VE (original) is not). Also I've ruled out any alliances that clearly have had a political impact, but only because they've been the hotspot or trigger for a war that was going to happen anyway (like Ordo Verde or Brotherhood of the Storm)
Also, this list doesn't reflect my personal tastes. They are a number of alliances that have disbanded in past that I've really liked and frankly they are a number of alliances on the below list that I detested, this list is as objective as possible.
Why only 16? Well, I was going to do 25 but what I found is that after this top 16 most disbanded alliances they are so many that are more or less on a par as to make any listing for them meaningless. None of them have really excelled. In fact I was actually struggling after the top 7, but wanted to flesh the list out as much as possible. What that tells me is that disbanding "headline" alliances is actually the exception rather than the norm. Perhaps predictably most headline alliances don't disband.

16. CIS
15. MDC
14. Genmay
13. ONOS
12. Atlantis
11. ICP
10. GOLD
9. CDS
8. TOOL
7. \m/
6. Vox Populi
5. GGA
4. NAAC
3. LUE
2. FOK!
1. GOONS (original)

Edited by Altheus

[quote name='Altheus' timestamp='1338027253' post='2972698']
For my own entertainment I decided to come up with my own list of top 25 disbanded alliances based on Incitatus' criteria of stats, political impact and community, but could only come up with 16 that could really cut muster. I've ruled out any alliances that have stated [b]themselves[/b] that they have been reformed (hence why GOONS (original) is on the list and VE (original) is not). Also I've ruled out any alliances that clearly have had a political impact, but only because they've been the hotspot or trigger for a war that was going to happen anyway (like Ordo Verde or Brotherhood of the Storm)
Also, this list doesn't reflect my personal tastes. They are a number of alliances that have disbanded in past that I've really liked and frankly they are a number of alliances on the below list that I detested, this list is as objective as possible.
Why only 16? Well, I was going to do 25 but what I found is that after this top 16 most disbanded alliances they are so many that are more or less on a par as to make any listing for them meaningless. None of them have really excelled. In fact I was actually struggling after the top 7, but wanted to flesh the list out as much as possible. What that tells me is that disbanding "headline" alliances is actually the exception rather than the norm. Perhaps predictably most headline alliances don't disband.

16. CIS
15. MDC
14. Genmay
13. ONOS
12. Atlantis
11. ICP
10. GOLD
9. CDS
8. TOOL
7. \m/
6. Vox Populi
5. GGA
4. NAAC
3. LUE
2. FOK!
1. GOONS (original)
[/quote]

It's a good start, but I would include PC, Athens, Vanguard (breakup of Orange unity) and =LOST= (led the push for creation on CnG) as well.

16. CIS
15. MDC
14. Genmay
13. ONOS
12. Atlantis
11. ICP
10. GOLD
9. CDS
8. TOOL
7. \m/
6. Vox Populi
5. GGA
4. NAAC
3. LUE
2. FOK!
1. GOONS (original)
[/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]FOK should be no higher than number six on that list. They were a great alliance for many years, but truthfully they were never the major player that GGA, NAAC, LUE, and GOONS were, nor were they Vox either. They were a good, solid alliance and reliable ally, much like some of the other alliances lower on the list.[/color]

16. CIS
15. MDC
14. Genmay
13. ONOS
12. Atlantis
11. ICP
10. GOLD
9. CDS
8. TOOL
7. \m/
6. Vox Populi
5. GGA
4. NAAC
3. LUE
2. FOK!
1. GOONS (original)
[/quote]

Intensely curious as to your justification for FOK! being ahead of LUE. I would disagree on GOONS as well, but can at least understand the idea behind it.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1338228648' post='2973635']
Intensely curious as to your justification for FOK! being ahead of LUE. I would disagree on GOONS as well, but can at least understand the idea behind it.
[/quote]

Community. I might not agree myself with the original criteria of stats, political impact and community, but given those criteria I'd place FOK! very highly, largely because of the exclusive nature of being a non-english speaking alliance. If I was just judging based on political impact and stats I'd probabuly rate FOK! as 7th.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1338417292' post='2974767']
What the $%&@ is an Anathema and why are half of these things ahead of TDSM8?
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=110397&view=findpost&p=2955696"]Another useless micro, founded by Kevanovia. Hadrian, Doeroler, Daggarz, James Maximus... were in it too[/url]. Oh and it lasted 6 days. Yes, six days. "But it had so much potential, dude!"

Edited by potato