Top 25 Disbanded Alliances

Incitatus

i mean Qazzy and dragontaxi weren't john ron, so it wasn't just him putting the work in tbh. I mean Daikos would probably be authoritative on aircastle or SCM since they were allied.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1334849688' post='2955756']
PC needs to be on that list. Even though we would always end up fighting in the end it was more for fun than true hatred at least that is how I always felt. I would defend Kronos posistion on the list they were a great AA that left well before its time should have been up.

Athens in my mind should be a top 5 on this list. No matter if you loved them or hated them they stirred the pot very well. TDSM8 needs to be much higher. I miss stumpy.
[/quote]
Howdy.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1334939271' post='2956166']
My favorite Anathema moment was when Khan was included in the govt list but never joined the alliance.
[/quote]

Yeah he did. For a few hours, granted. But he didn't enjoy the presence of one of the members I listed beforehand.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334875905' post='2955920']
I'm so outraged alliance X which I never got along with politically even made your list. $%&@ YOU! You know nothing about CN history.
[/quote]

May the 'gods of awesome' smile upon you evermore.

Seems to me it would've been better to host an open debate on this subject, analyze the facts and opinions offered by the community, and derive the list from there....as a joint effort. Still, it's a fun topic and I enjoyed seeing GUN's honorable mention, although I don't feel that we ever did anything that shaped the politics of Bob or had any significant impact outside of our own walls.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1335003539' post='2956524']
Most of the alliances on your list were !@#$stains of alliances whose only productive acts was disbanding.
[/quote]

Most? Most applies to over half. Can you name the 13 alliances on this list that applies to your "!@#$stain" status?

Edited by Incitatus

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1335033401' post='2956676']
Most? Most applies to over half. Can you name the 13 alliances on this list that applies to your "!@#$stain" status?
[/quote]

Would you prefer a chronological order, alphabetical or just as they come?

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1334938583' post='2956165']
I know what you are getting at but what I'm saying is that even Aircastle left more of a mark on this world than MA did.
[/quote]
Oh, I agree. His ability to cover staggers on a large number of nations was crucial to the overall war effort.

On the other hand, I can't think of one thing that MA ever did as an alliance. Hell, I didn't even know they disbanded.

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1335035157' post='2956685']
Whatever floats your boat.
[/quote]

Here. None of those deserve to be on a Top 25 Disbanded Alliances, even if you like them.

Democratic Republic of ArgoNaut(ArGo)
Atlantic Shadow Confederation(ASC)
Sons of Liberty in Defiance(SOLID)
League of United Defense(LOUD)
The Galactic Republic(TGR)
Organization of Imperial Nations(OIN)
The Corporation(Corp)
Global United Nations(GUN)
Paragon Ascendancy(PA)
Obsidian Entente(OE)
Global Organization for Liberty and Defense(GOLD)
Anathema
Fear none Kill all(FnKa)
The Order of Halsa(TOH)
Organized Nations of Superiority(ONOS)
Team Allied Guardians Alliance(TAGA)/Maroon Defense Coalition(MDC)

And yes, I do know what all those did. Or didn't do, for that matter.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1335036941' post='2956695']
Here. None of those deserve to be on a Top 25 Disbanded Alliances, even if you like them.

Democratic Republic of ArgoNaut(ArGo)
Atlantic Shadow Confederation(ASC)
Sons of Liberty in Defiance(SOLID)
League of United Defense(LOUD)
The Galactic Republic(TGR)
Organization of Imperial Nations(OIN)
The Corporation(Corp)
Global United Nations(GUN)
Paragon Ascendancy(PA)
Obsidian Entente(OE)
Global Organization for Liberty and Defense(GOLD)
Anathema
Fear none Kill all(FnKa)
The Order of Halsa(TOH)
Organized Nations of Superiority(ONOS)
Team Allied Guardians Alliance(TAGA)/Maroon Defense Coalition(MDC)

And yes, I do know what all those did. Or didn't do, for that matter.
[/quote]

Only 5 of those were in my Top 25, and I could easily defend the importance of OE/GOLD/ONOS/TAGA. But good try.

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1335037708' post='2956705']
Only 5 of those were in my Top 25, and I could easily defend the importance of OE/GOLD/ONOS/TAGA. But good try.
[/quote]

You're right. I misread. My bad.

But that doesn't change the fact that quite a few on your list shouldn't be there. Even with your "defense" of them.

Any alliance that merged with another (or two) to create a new alliance isn't really one that disbands (PC, iFOK, Athens, GR, and =LOST= for example). I'd only really count ones that either had a disbandment notice (LUE, or Genmay) or faded away into obscurity (old GOONS).

An alliance being absorbed? That's a bit debatable, I guess.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335201552' post='2957821']
Can we add Umbrella in a de facto sense?
[/quote]

Do you remember atrophis from years ago?

His whiny anti-NPO rhetoric actually caused me to somewhat support NPO's position, not because of any of their actions were justified but because I tired of seeing someone spamming anti-NPO crap so poorly.

I don't really care in the slightest about Umbrella except in a "they were once Citadel" sense and quite a few ex-Kronos are there/went there. But seeing stuff like this spewed EVERYWHERE makes me support them instinctively.

[quote name='enderland' timestamp='1335201919' post='2957825']
Do you remember atrophis from years ago?

His whiny anti-NPO rhetoric actually caused me to somewhat support NPO's position, not because of any of their actions were justified but because I tired of seeing someone spamming anti-NPO crap so poorly.

I don't really care in the slightest about Umbrella except in a "they were once Citadel" sense and quite a few ex-Kronos are there/went there. But seeing stuff like this spewed EVERYWHERE makes me support them instinctively.
[/quote]

I mean, it's not like you determined what happened in the end, regardless. A lot of people hurled insults at atrophis and I remember it. He got what he wanted at the end and it didn't really have to do anything with people liking/disliking FAN in the end. The fact that mere posting can make you support unjustified actions says a lot about your character and instincts, tbh. :>

I think it's a pretty dumb cow position to hold to support someone simply because someone states opposition in an irritating fashion. It's basically "I will side with GOONS because I'm tired of all threads."

Honestly, I hated most of the people who posted awful rhetoric in previous wars and have mostly gotten off scott-free, but you don't see me pursuing them for it in an active sense.

I don't really see why you think it's spamming poorly when I've made pretty constructive posts for the most part. Am I going to have to spell out the issues with Umbrella for you?

1. #1 alliance statistically in every area. Pushover for smaller alliances if they're named MK or allied to MK, has no spine. Will turn on anyone for MK's sake. They even know that they're not thought of highly by them, but are willing to take any abuse regardless.

2. Membership has an average IQ of 20, allowed to make decisions. Jesus christ.

Might as well disband.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335202513' post='2957829']
I mean, it's not like you determined what happened in the end, regardless. A lot of people hurled insults at atrophis and I remember it. He got what he wanted at the end and it didn't really have to do anything with people liking/disliking FAN in the end. The fact that mere posting can make you support unjustified actions says a lot about your character and instincts, tbh. :>[/quote]

No, it says a lot about the side making the arguments. If the best they (and you) have is petty tactics to make Umbrella/NPO look bad then how can your position be right?

If I was in a debate and responded with a large number of "lol" or "no u" statements consistently that will reflect poorly on me, period, regardless of how right what I am saying is.

[quote]I don't really see why you think it's spamming poorly when I've made pretty constructive posts for the most part. Am I going to have to spell out the issues with Umbrella for you?[/quote]

And you think Umbrella is unique in any of those regards? I bet Umbrella is "more of an alliance" than 50% of the AA's with 20+ members, minimum. Inactive and incompetent alliances are nothing new to CN (if Umbrella even is).