Top 25 Disbanded Alliances

Incitatus

[quote name='Ozymandius' timestamp='1334800393' post='2955566']
lol Anathema, really? What have they ever done besides getting shut down for trying to make a new Vox?
[/quote]

Well, the 'Vox' title was more of a ploy to get people excited. Anathema was meant to be a different species than Vox.

[quote name='Melancholy Culkin' timestamp='1334807259' post='2955612']
You must be one of "the tools sheltered in & around DH" he was talking about. :smug:
[/quote]

He is not a tool for not remembering Anathema.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1334807655' post='2955614']
No Athens? No PC? No =LOST=? No GR? List is pretty fail.
[/quote]

Athens most def deserve to be on the list. This was written over a year ago, before TLR happened. =LOST= and GR did little (although they could easily replace FnKa and ToH. The reasons for FnKa/TOH to be on the list was to represent the 'average alliance' and what a lot of players would refer to as a "home they miss". (I was in neither FnKa nor ToH)

Edited by Incitatus

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1334810488' post='2955641']
He is not a tool for not remembering Anathema.
[/quote]
Looking at your founders list, I'm surprised I don't remember you. If I were to make an All-Star leadership to run an alliance into the ground, it would look pretty similar to your list. Maybe throw on Peggy Sue and Ramirus instead of a couple. That should have stuck out in my mind.

=LOST= and GR did little (although they could easily replace FnKa and ToH.
[/quote]
=LOST= was literally the driving force behind the creation of CnG, one of the oldest and strongest blocs. Imagine a world without CnG and tell me =LOST= did little. GR was actually quite an influential alliance for a while as well, being one of the joining factors of CnG and the BLEU Kreu, which made them quite important. You really don't know what actually goes on in this world, do you?

The reasons for FnKa/TOH to be on the list was to represent the 'average alliance' and what a lot of players would refer to as a "home they miss". (I was in neither FnKa nor ToH)
[/quote]
This is really dumb.

Edited by flak attack

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1334812199' post='2955650']
Looking at your founders list, I'm surprised I don't remember you. If I were to make an All-Star leadership to run an alliance into the ground, it would look pretty similar to your list. Maybe throw on Peggy Sue and Ramirus instead of a couple. That should have stuck out in my mind.[/quote]

Rebirth was the one who created the PIAT, and was one of (if not the) most influential people in LoSS. (An alliance that had political clout in the Great Wars) When James was leading his alliance, he had very strong supporters (up until the end there) and did very well internally for his alliance. Hadrian was an ambitious member, the type that we needed in order to make the type of alliance we wanted to make. Scots had a great deal of experience in FA, and was/is well-liked all around. Doeroler - He was the only mistake on this line-up, he asked if he could join and kept bringing in others...so we let him stay. Daggz, did great Defense work - and was a prior friend. Stagger Lee is one of the more underrated players in the game, a fantastic leader and a great friend.

Besides doeroler, I have no idea where your quarrels lie.

[quote]=LOST= was literally the driving force behind the creation of CnG, one of the oldest and strongest blocs. Imagine a world without CnG and tell me =LOST= did little. GR was actually quite an influential alliance for a while as well, being one of the joining factors of CnG and the BLEU Kreu, which made them quite important. You really don't know what actually goes on in this world, do you?[/quote]

=LOST= did nothing but coast. Driving force behind the creation of CnG? Big deal. MK (your current alliance), specifically Archon and Trace were the ones who made the bloc so significant. When CnG was created, it wasn't all that prominent. GR only had influence as it was viewed as NAAC 2.0, but they never did anything with it. I liked GR, they were nice folk - but sadly they didn't do much but rot.

[quote]
This is really dumb.
[/quote]

No. But the !@#$ most MK members have been posting for the last few years is.

People lose interest in Planet Bob due to not feeling "at home" and not feeling compelled to do anything. It is moronic citizens of Bob who don't notice these things and/or contribute to them, and calls such observations "dumb".

Edited by Incitatus

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1334813473' post='2955655']
People lose interest in Planet Bob due to not feeling "at home" and not feeling compelled to do anything. It is moronic citizens of Bob who don't notice these things and/or contribute to them, and calls such observations "dumb".
[/quote]

This right here sums up my feelings anymore.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1334812199' post='2955650']
Looking at your founders list, I'm surprised I don't remember you. If I were to make an All-Star leadership to run an alliance into the ground, it would look pretty similar to your list. Maybe throw on Peggy Sue and Ramirus instead of a couple. That should have stuck out in my mind.
[/quote]

Hmm, missed this bit. In concerns to Anathema there were others that had helped found it and helped bring the idea and the people together. There were idealogical differences that made some of those people leave. That Founder list for Anathema is rather small compared to the original group that was involved. Anathema brought people together, and certain ideas caused break offs to form. One of those was Gotham, the other was the Principality of Zeon.

Gotham was formed in arrogance and with hot headed people thinking they could do as they please, as well as having some shady characters that shouldn't have been in the community anymore, and they collapsed as they should have.

The Principality of Zeon was originally formed to have some fun, and would have eventually turned over and rejoined Anathema if they hadn't cut the bridge with PoZ.

Anathema had the potential to go places, it just had too many individual dreams and individual aspirations. Everyone had a separate goal and they all played the part in dooming something that needed a strong central figure to funnel everything in on general direction.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1334814321' post='2955665']
Hmm, missed this bit. In concerns to Anathema there were others that had helped found it and helped bring the idea and the people together. There were idealogical differences that made some of those people leave. That Founder list for Anathema is rather small compared to the original group that was involved. Anathema brought people together, and certain ideas caused break offs to form. One of those was Gotham, the other was the Principality of Zeon.

Gotham was formed in arrogance and with hot headed people thinking they could do as they please, as well as having some shady characters that shouldn't have been in the community anymore, and they collapsed as they should have.

The Principality of Zeon was originally formed to have some fun, and would have eventually turned over and rejoined Anathema if they hadn't cut the bridge with PoZ.

Anathema had the potential to go places, it just had too many individual dreams and individual aspirations. Everyone had a separate goal and they all played the part in dooming something that needed a strong central figure to funnel everything in on general direction.
[/quote]

The fact you and Kev have to tell active members of Planet Bob who Anathema was and defend its founders speaks wonders. Especially for an alliance that lasted... 6 days. Let that sink in for a bit. The alliance you guys are so adamantly defending was alive for 6 days. Six days. Not even an entire week. Maybe it had potential (although I do believe you're all giving too much credit to some people) but it never fulfilled anything besides appearing to be yet another alliance started by Kevanonvia that failed miserably. In short, an ego trip for a bunch of people who want to add "Former AAA of XYZ" to their sig.

I do agree that some alliance don't deserve to be on this list and appear to be on it just because you were in them (which is like 92,67% of Planet Bob, anyways) not for any of their achievements. If that list was established in 2011, why repost it in 2012? If you really wanted the spotlight, update the damn thing before posting it. That way you don't look like a fool by forgetting "important" alliances like NV, PC or Athens and replacing them with useless micros that never amounted to anything.

Edited by potato

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1334826239' post='2955696']
The fact you and Kev have to tell active members of Planet Bob who Anathema was and defend its founders speaks wonders. Especially for an alliance that lasted... 6 days. Let that sink in for a bit. The alliance you guys are so adamantly defending was alive for 6 days. Six days. Not even an entire week. [/quote]
Something close to 6 months of planning went into it. !@#$%.

[quote]Maybe it had potential (although I do believe you're all giving too much credit to some people) but it never fulfilled anything besides appearing to be yet another alliance started by Kevanonvia that failed miserably. In short, an ego trip for a bunch of people who want to add "Former AAA of XYZ" to their sig.[/quote]

What alliances have I started that fit that quota? (For the record, the projects I created were the following: The Realm, The University, and Anathema) All three of them are alliances that I (among others that have been in them) were and still are proud to have once called home. All three of them provided a lot of new friendships, and we all had a blast in them.

If you really think that the motivation of creating an alliance was for an ego boost, and to add something to my signature - then you're a !@#$@#$ moron. It's called trying to make something fun for yourself, and others. I had a blast creating the atmosphere that I wanted to RP in, and others enjoyed it as well. My main problem is that I couldn't say "no" to offers of 'changing the political landscape', as it sounds like a butt-ton of fun. And as a result I constantly was looking for mergers. (Thus the abrupt ends of The Realm/The University)

[quote]
I do agree that some alliance don't deserve to be on this list and appear to be on it just because you were in them (which is like 92,67% of Planet Bob, anyways) not for any of their achievements. If that list was established in 2011, why repost it in 2012? If you really wanted the spotlight, update the damn thing before posting it. That way you don't look like a fool by forgetting "important" alliances like NV, PC or Athens and replacing them with useless micros that never amounted to anything.
[/quote]

The only form of bias in the OP would arguably be Anathema and CIS. (Both of which were added to the Top 25 list due to being in a situation where I could view them in a different light) What other alliances, other than those two could be out of place due to bias? Exactly. So stop running your mouth, especially since you have little idea what you are talking about.

I re-posted it due to NAAC reforming (as is mentioned in the OP) and because I never got around to writing the summaries the first time around. Being in the spotlight? Seriously? This has nothing to do with "being in the spotlight". This has everything to do with trying to get some entertainment, and good discussion going. So get your head out of your ass, quit pretending like you know me and stop being such a prick. And for the record, I was never in any of the "micro" alliances in my Top 25.

Edited by Incitatus

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1334758313' post='2955317']
Did you really put Nemesis onto this list?

While the alliance was active in its early days it never became cohesive, statistically strong, or politically relevant aside from Hoo's connections. Once the three original triums left (fairly early into its existence mind you) the alliance crumbled and stuck around far too long.

Also, what did someone like Kronos do to deserve such a high spot? I always just thought of them as raiders and a nuclear rogue haven/war slot filling alliance. It also seemed like they couldn't hold onto a government like Nemesis.

edit: lack of Poison Clan :(
[/quote]
PC needs to be on that list. Even though we would always end up fighting in the end it was more for fun than true hatred at least that is how I always felt. I would defend Kronos posistion on the list they were a great AA that left well before its time should have been up.

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1334784727' post='2955456']
No Athens? Athens did more in this world than most of that list combined.
[/quote]
Athens in my mind should be a top 5 on this list. No matter if you loved them or hated them they stirred the pot very well. TDSM8 needs to be much higher. I miss stumpy.

No Monos Archein, /b/, Nueva Vida, TOOL, NoV (for lulzy reasons), PPF, and the original Gramlins (not sure if you constitute them officially disbanding, but since some have included alliances that have merged, I'd say that the old Gramlins is separate from the new when the Ninjas pretty much took the AA).

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1334855710' post='2955778']
No Monos Archein, /b/, Nueva Vida, TOOL, NoV (for lulzy reasons), PPF, and the original Gramlins (not sure if you constitute them officially disbanding, but since some have included alliances that have merged, I'd say that the old Gramlins is separate from the new when the Ninjas pretty much took the AA).
[/quote]

Actually, PPF is [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=480202]still chugging along[/url] :)

People lose interest in Planet Bob due to not feeling "at home" and not feeling compelled to do anything. It is moronic citizens of Bob who don't notice these things and/or contribute to them, and calls such observations "dumb".[/quote]

Golf clap for you, sir.

Ok...not the best list I've ever seen. However I would argue that GGA does indeed deserve to be on it somewhere. Clearly not the sad and feeble GGA that couldn't die fast enough at the end, but the GGA of 2007 that was a member of the Initiative and arguably one of the most powerful and influential alliances on Planet Bob, whether you want to accuse them of sniffing NPO's jock or not.

Rebirth was the one who created the PIAT, and was one of (if not the) most influential people in LoSS.
[/quote]
Oh boy! What an accomplishment list! He created a sub-par treaty type and was important in a sub-par alliance.

When James was leading his alliance, he had very strong supporters (up until the end there) and did very well internally for his alliance.
[/quote]
James led a completely irrelevant blue alliance that no one cared about. His alliance was a member of the Polar Satellite group. That was it.

Hadrian was an ambitious member, the type that we needed in order to make the type of alliance we wanted to make.
[/quote]
The idea that Hadrian could help any alliance is laughable. He immediately turns any cause he argues for into a joke.

Scots had a great deal of experience in FA, and was/is well-liked all around.
[/quote]
Scots is alright. I dunno why he thought this was a good idea.

Doeroler - He was the only mistake on this line-up, he asked if he could join and kept bringing in others...so we let him stay.
[/quote]
I honestly have no clue who this is.

Daggz, did great Defense work - and was a prior friend.
[/quote]
I seem to recall Daggz being one of the guys that led Nemesis at it's downfall. If that's right, he's an absolutely terrible leader.

Stagger Lee is one of the more underrated players in the game, a fantastic leader and a great friend.
[/quote]
He seems alright. Again, I have no clue why he thought this was a good idea.

=LOST= did nothing but coast. Driving force behind the creation of CnG? Big deal. MK (your current alliance), specifically Archon and Trace were the ones who made the bloc so significant. When CnG was created, it wasn't all that prominent. GR only had influence as it was viewed as NAAC 2.0, but they never did anything with it. I liked GR, they were nice folk - but sadly they didn't do much but rot.
[/quote]
=LOST= played a huge role in the affairs of CnG all through it's existence. There's reason most of TLR's current leadership comes from =LOST=. Not only that, but they exemplified the idea of how to be a good ally. The ability of their leadership is a large part of the reason CnG became something.

Again, GR was the major link between CnG and the BLEU Kreu. GR was one of the alliances that helped make the CnG-BLEU-future PB axis possible.

The fact that you weren't allowed in the big boy discussions to know how important these alliances were doesn't make them unimportant.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1334826239' post='2955696']
The fact you and Kev have to tell active members of Planet Bob who Anathema was and defend its founders speaks wonders. Especially for an alliance that lasted... 6 days. Let that sink in for a bit. The alliance you guys are so adamantly defending was alive for 6 days. Six days. Not even an entire week. Maybe it had potential (although I do believe you're all giving too much credit to some people) but it never fulfilled anything besides appearing to be yet another alliance started by Kevanonvia that failed miserably. In short, an ego trip for a bunch of people who want to add "Former AAA of XYZ" to their sig.
[/quote]
This gets better and better. I assumed this alliance actually lasted long enough to be noticed by a few people. There is nothing that distinguishes it from any of the other micros that DoE every week.

Edited by flak attack

An alliance can only really make a mark on this planet if they existed for more than 1 year unless they were diehard trouble makers like Vox (who might existed for more than 1 year too). Anyone under the 1 year mark just couldn't let their mark onthis planet imo.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1334865258' post='2955837']
An alliance can only really make a mark on this planet if they existed for more than 1 year unless they were diehard trouble makers like Vox (who might existed for more than 1 year too). Anyone under the 1 year mark just couldn't let their mark onthis planet imo.
[/quote]
Vox was about 9 months.

No. But the !@#$ most MK members have been posting for the last few years is.

[/quote]

I don't understand how you can't comprehend the idea it makes perfect sense to call someone who made a dumb "observation" dumb.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1334866712' post='2955846']
I don't understand how you can't comprehend the idea it makes perfect sense to call someone who made a dumb "observation" dumb.
[/quote]

How is the observation dumb, if it is true?

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1334867054' post='2955848']
How is the observation dumb, if it is true?
[/quote]

Your reasoning for including FNKA was indeed dumb. It makes no sense to include average alliances in a top alliances thread simply because they are the definition of average.

Edited by Matthew Conrad

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1334867637' post='2955853']
Your reasoning for including FNKA was indeed dumb. It makes no sense to include average alliances in a top alliances thread simply because they are the definition of average.
[/quote]

They are a solid definition of a strong average-sized alliance. It was packed fulf of loyal members, a strong core, and good organization. "Average" alliances have had a big part on Planet Bob, and they deserve to be somewhere on that list. Maybe they don't deserve as high of a spot as they received, however at the time (Feb 2011) it seemed fitting.

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1334867900' post='2955855']
They are a solid definition of a strong average-sized alliance. It was packed fulf of loyal members, a strong core, and good organization. "Average" alliances have had a big part on Planet Bob, and they deserve to be somewhere on that list. Maybe they don't deserve as high of a spot as they received, however at the time (Feb 2011) it seemed fitting.
[/quote]

No they don't. Top 25 not Top X and some average.

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1334868045' post='2955857']
No they don't. Top 25 not Top X and some average.
[/quote]

'Top 25' on Planet Bob, in my opinion, should include an alliance such as FnKa. Alliances such as FnKa have had a major part in how things are done today.

I think GGA is probably to high...maybe around 9 or 10.

As far as reformations, they are new alliances, so I see no problem with containing some of the disbanded alliances like VE (#1).