Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Brehon

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1334402808' post='2953075']
This was expected sooner or later, but who would of thought a PIAT with CSN would be the straw which broke the camels back. <insert random CnG conspiracy> :P
[/quote]

Indeed, Pacifica received their unmarked envelope mere minutes later, containing a sheet of paper headed "Secret Plan #109". Once Pacifica acted on it, the paper was to be immediately burned.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1334402993' post='2953076']
Indeed, Pacifica received their unmarked envelope mere minutes later, containing a sheet of paper headed "Secret Plan #109". Once Pacifica acted on it, the paper was to be immediately burned.[/quote]

I know I was the hired messenger :ph34r: told not to read the contents. :unsure:

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1334399034' post='2953064']
When I read the OP this here came immediately to mind...

[img]http://suitelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lala.jpg[/img]

:wub:
[/quote]
Looking at the most recent two paragraphs of your alliance history in your CN Wiki makes me wonder why you are so happy to see NPO cancel on Invicta,

[quote]Valhalla and her allies Olympus, BAPS, Invicta, Avalon, Molon Labe and DOOM surrendered to PC, Nordreich, The Dark Templar, \m/, FOK, The International, The Resistance, R&R, Nueva Vida, Aurora Borealis, FAN and Stickmen. Valhalla entered the war on January 31 and surrendered on February 25.

The effects of the Bi-Polar War are still felt today, especially in Valhalla’s foreign affairs. The result of that war was one of the reasons as to why Polar was attacked in the next global war, the PB-NpO War which started in January 2011. Valhalla remained neutral in the war due to a variety of reasons, the result of Bi-Polar included. [/quote]

So you guys were allied to Invicta in the most recent war you fought, why not anymore and why are you happy to see Invicta lose more allies?

Edit: Seeing as Invicta has a MDoAP with Europa, I guess it makes sense in that regard. I would want to sever all ties with an alliance so attached to GOONS as well.

Edited by Methrage

I'm not sure what the official reason was but if it was the PIAT after it was okay'd I'd say that I would be a bit salty.

Other than that. ....

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm-ihSFC280"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm-ihSFC280[/url]

[quote name='NoMercy' timestamp='1334387745' post='2952905']
Sucks for you.

How many times have you gone to war for Invicta? And how many times have they helped you?
[/quote]

Me agreeing with a TSO member? That's right folks, the end is near.

Also I'll just quote what I said in September:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1314887099' post='2792212']
That's what you won after being loyal and sticking with NPO through every single war since [s]Karma[/s] ever(?), congratulations Invicta.
[/quote]

NPO transformation is now complete and they hit the rock bottom, they can now be considered a full minion of the new hegemony, congratulations Pacifica!

I talked with Brehon a bit recently and I know this situation was weighing heavily on his mind. I'm glad you were able to make a decision Brehon, and I know it isn't easy.

Invicta I don't know you, but I wish you green pastures wherever you go.

o/ NPO
o/ Invicta.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1334411202' post='2953115']
Me agreeing with a TSO member? That's right folks, the end is near.
[/quote]

Truly an historic day to mark an anniversary on my calendar for.

This announcement makes me sad in a few ways. While I don't think NPO has fallen back to the days of "My way or you're going to buried under the Highway." mentality, unless there are deeper concerns, a PIAT with CSN is hardly anything compared to what Invicta had with NPO. I don't know what is really going on behind the closed doors of this relationship and only go by what I have seen transitioned in public.

On that note, I will just say 'Good Luck' to both alliances in regards to the parting of the ways and best wishes to Invicta on finding their way on the new path they have taken.

Edited by Vandal

No matter the reason it is clear these alliances no longer hold the same connection as they have in the past. I am happy and honored to call Invicta a great friend and ally. Best of Luck moving forward.

o/ invicta

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334406118' post='2953090']
Looking at the most recent two paragraphs of your alliance history in your CN Wiki makes me wonder why you are so happy to see NPO cancel on Invicta,

So you guys were allied to Invicta in the most recent war you fought, why not anymore and why are you happy to see Invicta lose more allies?

Edit: Seeing as Invicta has a MDoAP with Europa, I guess it makes sense in that regard. I would want to sever all ties with an alliance so attached to GOONS as well.
[/quote]

Fighting with people on your side doesn't actually mean anything. NG fought with several people last war who if given an opportunity I would have fought them as well, and relished the death of their terrible drunken blown staggers that littered the battlefield like potatoes in a field.

Edited by Jacapo Saladin

Well, [i]that[/i] was easy.

At any rate.

[quote name='President S O' timestamp='1334402020' post='2953070']
Invicta dogs NPO by signing with [b]alliance/s that have historically wanted Invicta gone or have bagged Invicta out.[/b] (Nail in the coffin)
[/quote]

Who, pray tell, would 'those' alliance/s be referring to? CSN has never wanted Invicta gone; our past beef, if you will, was primarily with specific CDT elements (UPN/USN), and Invicta/NATO/FEAR often got lumped in there whenever we slighted CDT at large. That was all pre-Karma. Post-Karma and beyond, CDT was no longer an issue for us (being the petty bunch we are, we got over it). We have been talking with Invicta since before the last war, which has culminated into a PIAT... a PIAT... a PIAT. Just thought I would repeat PIAT for those misunderstanding what treaty was signed between CSN and Invicta.

Nevertheless, you gotta do what you gotta do and if NPO felt like their communication with Invicta (and other elements of friendship/treaty) were wanting, then probably a good idea to either rekindle relationships or cut the tie and move on. I don't have any clue about their relationship so I'd imagine the decision didn't come easy for NPO. So good luck to both parties.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1334413279' post='2953123']
Fighting with people on your side doesn't actually mean anything. NG fought with several people last war who if given an opportunity I would have fought them as well, and relished the death of their terrible drunken blown staggers that littered the battlefield like potatoes in a field.
[/quote]
"Valhalla and [b]her allies[/b] Olympus, BAPS, Invicta, Avalon, Molon Labe and DOOM"

When they fought as allies that is different than just coincidentally ending up on the same side in a war, although I don't know what Invicta was thinking signing a MDoAP with Europa. So as I noted in my edit, after Invicta signed with them I can understand why some of their allies from before then wouldn't want to hold the same kind of relationship anymore.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334415228' post='2953136']
although I don't know what Invicta was thinking signing a MDoAP with Europa.
[/quote]

TBH, we had the treaty with Europa before they signed with GOONS. While we weren't overjoyed with it, we weren't going to dump them for it. We don't roll like that, plus it's a non-chaining treaty.

This is terribly disappointing to see. I wish you both the best. It was an optional treaty NPO... If you guys cared about Invicta at all, why cancel? I might make new friends, but if I see an old friend in need of help I'm coming to give them a hand.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1334415929' post='2953144']
TBH, we had the treaty with Europa before they signed with GOONS. While we weren't overjoyed with it, we weren't going to dump them for it. We don't roll like that, plus it's a non-chaining treaty.
[/quote]
Maybe you should of. In order for alliances to eventually be taken out, their treaties need to be cut off. If you guys weren't willing to cut off your treaty with Europa, then those with a problem with GOONS who have a treaty with you would need to cut off their treaty with you guys to remove the connection.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1334415929' post='2953144']
[/quote]
Bro, you know you love being one chain out from us. :P

Beeeeee honest, this is because Invicta wanted 2 Red Dawn Senators, innit?

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1334387688' post='2952903']
Today marks the end of an era. Two alliances which share an incredible history and relationship have parted ways. On Thursday April 12, 2012, the New Pacific Order served notice of cancellations to the "New mai luv it asploded Accords" we held with Invicta.
[/quote]
Hello, daddy :3 I'm pretty sure this makes CoJ NPO's longest post-Karma ally. Sorry, Invicta, there just wasn't room for two in this lap.

[quote name='NoMercy' timestamp='1334389329' post='2952945']
heh. I am a Member of TSO - so what?

I am concerned because we in TSO - as the people in NSO - don't believe in dropping allies when tough times seems to end (which is the case for NPO) and bills don't seem to be equated. I am sure NSO Members will also appreciate that we judge actions not alliances. I know that's uncommon.

Also that NPO still tries to dictate other people's treaties is hilarious.
[/quote][quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334389649' post='2952952']
When they cancel on them for signing a PIAT with CSN, that does seem like they like are saying who their allies can be allied to. Which is what I think he was referring to, although rather than tell them not to do it, they cancel on them for it.
[/quote]
No, no, no, no, no.

It is outright irresponsible, ignorant, and negligent to maintain a military treaty with an alliance whose foreign affairs are not in line with your own. Pacifica's cancellation is not punitive, it is realistic. And that is what Digiterra needs more than anything: More logic in its treatying, and less emotion. It is treaty-whoring and treaty-hoarding that created some of the worst acts in Digiterran history, and it will be realism in foreign affairs that prevents repeats in the present and future. Every alliance should tell every one of its allies exactly how prospective treaties will effect current relations, and every alliance should alter its treaties when the changing foreign affairs policies of its allies are not in line with its own foreign affairs.

That is not control over allies' foreign affairs or dictating policy to one's allies, it is taking control of one's [b]own [/b]foreign affairs.

The mobs will always disregarded the several factors that go into a decision like this decision--and there were plenty--in order to create their own easily-digestible narrative however false or off-path it may get; however, in respect to all the reasons, I for one applaud and laud Pacifica's decision to conduct its [b]own affairs[/b] in its [b]own interests![/b] [snapback]2302971[/snapback]

As regards Invicta, you deserve respect and admiration for the crap you have slogged through for so long by positioning yourself in NPO's wake. You've been a fast and loyal ally and good friends in darkest times. You deserve credit for talking to NPO about your latest FA move(s) before ink hit paper, and considering NPO's opinion and stake in the moves you make. In the end, whatever brought you to this point, it is best that the clean split be made now rather than 20 minutes after the next war starts.

I wish you both the best moving forward. Unless either of you is signing more Doom-o-sphere treaties. :smug:

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1334406118' post='2953090']

[/quote]

We havent been allied to Invicta since bi-polar. They didnt lose more allies they have begun to move down a divergent path from an old ally. Its interesting to see all the different agendas being pushed out in this thread. My opinion of Invicta is I dont know why anyone would be allied to them. They are always highly supportive till the flag drops then they want out as quickly as possible. (To there credit they did stick it out till the end of the war but not with out constant prodding) Yes Invicta stuck it out with NPO longer than most allies of NPO but it wasnt out of pure loyalty as it was IMO Invicta basically needed an anchor. They appear to be changing said anchor so this shouldnt be a shock. NPO and Invicta both enjoyed benifits and draw backs during the time of this treaty.

I wish both parties good luck and offer a cheers to NPO for this.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1334416432' post='2953149']
No, no, no, no, no.

It is outright irresponsible, ignorant, and negligent to maintain a military treaty with an alliance whose foreign affairs are not in line with your own.
[/quote]
I wasn't saying NPO was wrong in deciding who they want their allies to be allied to.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1334416646' post='2953150']
NPO and Invicta both enjoyed benifits and draw backs during the time of this treaty.
[/quote]

Quoting for emphasis. Similarly (though on a completely different level), if we could have had the hindsight we have now when the Ordinance of the Orders was cancelled... talk about a quaint divergence from quasi-merger (by that I mean airtight and completely integrated alliances) to what we have now. Every treaty has its residence time and some will last longer than others.