Announcement from Pandora's Box

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1334292564' post='2951875']
Fair enough, however was it necessary to bring in the whole bloc, rather than just bring in one more alliance that can handle the middle tier? Such as having either MK join in like I said, due to their middle tier, or have FOK actually commit more than two wars? Bringing the whole bloc for the two micros looks kinda embarrassing to me.

I'd be keeping away from the diplomatic department if I were you Leerjet, you're not the best at answering questions without seeming like an ass. I asked a question because I wanted an answer, as I did not know the answer, hence the question. Sardonic seems capable of answering without being an ass, you should take note.
[/quote]

Was I trying to be a diplomat? No, I prefer being an ass. Considering you should know the answer to such a redundant question.

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1334292437' post='2951871']
Is there a more recent decree that addresses VE policy on tech raiding? On their forums I read now that tech raiding is still forbidden, except for military training.
[/quote]

We don't do it. However, how our allies entered into an alliance war is ultimatly irrelevant.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1334292609' post='2951876']
That happens all the time, though. Do you think a lot of the NS that got on the Grub train to C&G station really cared about the FoA thing?

I mean, plenty of anti-tech raiding alliances have gone to bat for tech raiders.

Vice versa as well, BAPS in NpO-\m/
[/quote]

It's still hypocrisy and a violation of their own charter writ quite large.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1334292182' post='2951859']
Loving that out of the entire bloc, VE's doing all your work for you. True unity.
[/quote]

It's possible they dont follow the GOD playbook of letting everyone else wage meaningful wars while they fight UPN.

I should note here that I think you post poorly.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1334292564' post='2951875']
Fair enough, however was it necessary to bring in the whole bloc, rather than just bring in one more alliance that can handle the middle tier? Such as having either MK join in like I said, due to their middle tier, or have FOK actually commit more than two wars? Bringing the whole bloc for the two micros looks kinda embarrassing to me.

I'd be keeping away from the diplomatic department if I were you Leerjet, you're not the best at answering questions without seeming like an ass. I asked a question because I wanted an answer, as I did not know the answer, hence the question. Sardonic seems capable of answering without being an ass, you should take note.
[/quote]

Skippy has a good point here, but I think it was more to show unity and force(ALL OF PB).

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1334292826' post='2951883']
It's still hypocrisy and a violation of their own charter writ quite large.
[/quote]

What are you talking about. I mean that not in a sarcastic way, but in that I literally don't understand where you are getting that from. We don't allow tech raiding. We could care less if others tech raid. We could also care less how this war started.

So, Umbrella and GOONS couldn't cover which tier, exactly? If it is the lower middle tier, as suspected, Mongols and Kaskus got a total of 10 nations that could qualify.

I'm not against overwhelming firepower to prove a point. Let's just call a spade a spade.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334293042' post='2951888']
So, Umbrella and GOONS couldn't cover which tier, exactly? If it is the lower middle tier, as suspected, Mongols and Kaskus got a total of 10 nations that could qualify.

I'm not against overwhelming firepower to prove a point. Let's just call a spade a spade.
[/quote]

But it's embarrassing. Think of the children.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1334292869' post='2951884']
It's possible they dont follow the GOD playbook of letting everyone else wage meaningful wars while they fight UPN.

I should note here that I think you post poorly.
[/quote]

Don't you have staggers to blow? You've got two minutes til update.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1334293042' post='2951888']

[/quote]

It most definitely is overwhelming firepower to prove a point. Kaskus/Mongols decided that they did not want to see the war reach a conclusion, and now it has become all of our business to conclude it.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1334293037' post='2951887']
What are you talking about. I mean that not in a sarcastic way, but in that I literally don't understand where you are getting that from. We don't allow tech raiding. We could care less if others tech raid. We could also care less how this war started.
[/quote]

If you really don't care how this war started, there's really nothing left to say.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334293174' post='2951893']
Talking !@#$ about your own ally? I'd expect nothing less from you.
[/quote]

Then what would you describe what Xiph has been saying about the "overwhelming" PB force in this topic?

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1334293232' post='2951896']
If you really don't care how this war started, there's really nothing left to say.
[/quote]
We don't, so can we accept that as confirmation that you won't be posting again?

[quote name='Phineas' timestamp='1334292046' post='2951857']
How the mighty fall.
[/quote]

Enforcing others policy seems to be their raison d'État of late.

The funny thing about multiple bloc memberships, is that no matter how "prominent" one is in their own bloc, they'll still be under obligation (or worse, subservient) via their blocmates to any of the adjoining blocs who possess greater global influence, and thus just an extension of the parent's reach and driven forward by their goals.

Oh well, a job's a job's, and you gotta eat, though, right?

Edited by Kzoppistan

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334293174' post='2951893']
Talking !@#$ about your own ally? I'd expect nothing less from you.
[/quote]

Remind me again what alliance you are in so I can know which one's foreign affairs is about to get driven into the ground.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1334293203' post='2951894']
It most definitely is overwhelming firepower to prove a point. Kaskus/Mongols decided that they did not want to see the war reach a conclusion, and now it has become all of our business to conclude it.
[/quote]
I'm just a bit surprised that all of their nations have not yet been reduced to rubble, given the combined firepower of Umbrella and GOONS. The only [i]weak[/i] tier they possess is the middle tier; where they outnumber Kaskus-Mongols by a margin of nearly four to one. If they do not wish to surrender as it is - assuming all enemy nations are already being shelled (OOC: fully covered) - I fail to see what pressure PB will accomplish. They are already diplomatically isolated; they have nothing else to lose than what is already on the line.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1334293260' post='2951899']
Then what would you describe what Xiph has been saying about the "overwhelming" PB force in this topic?
[/quote]

Looks like Xiph's comments were aimed toward GOONS. Which is kind of similar to how Non Grata calls for his destruction. Overall though, VE has a habit of screwing over it's own allies and coalition partners. So it's just not out of their character to see such things.

Are you going to answer my FOK question? Or are you going to ignore it, because you know the numbers don't support the bull !@#$ you're saying?

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1334293314' post='2951900']
We don't, so can we accept that as confirmation that you won't be posting again?
[/quote]

Is that really the best you've got?

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1334293325' post='2951901']
Enforcing others policy seems to be their raison d'État of late.

The funny thing about multiple bloc memberships, is that no matter how "prominent" one is in their own bloc, they'll still be under obligation (or worse, subservient) via their blocmates to any of the adjoining blocs who possess greater global influence, and thus just an extension of the parent's reach and driven forward by their goals.

Oh well, a job's a job's, and you gotta eat, though, right?
[/quote]

Yep.