Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations - Regnum Invictorum Announcement

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1334455274' post='2953547']
I wouldn't say what happened in the CSN-DT war is the "most important part". CSN burning for you (almost needlessly since the treaty was in the cancellation period) while your opposition was looking to disband you is kind of a big deal compared to CSN taking reps from your allies ally. [/quote]
GATO liked the old CSN a lot, back when they were stalwartly allies. As of up to current history, they have totally removed that character that once made them that. They are two different types of CSN's.

[quote]
Few things on this one:

Were the reps taken from TOP/IRON on accident?
CSN took reps to punish DT.
Justification is relative. Something that's justifiable to me isn't to you, as is the case here.[/quote]
Philosophically speaking, sure I understand this, but that's not how and what the norm is, therefore making the philosophical differences irrelevant.

[quote]
CSN is actively looking to fix her misgivings, and has succeeded in a lot of areas. Your ignorance on this subject is because GATO refused to talk to CSN, and when they did it was just trolling - justified by you guys or not - so it was a complete waste of time.[/quote]
Yet I still see that CSN and Co are on the bottom of anybody's strategic listings to befriend and treaty. With the exception with those already down there. You're not doing yourselves much of any favors, plus I am certainly not the only person who thinks this either.

[quote]
Actually, GATO have could re-entered the war. You guys didn't want a no-reentry clause, so GOD/RIA let you off without one. Then you just... sat there. [/quote]
Interesting. This explains why we discussed going back into war. Either it would have likely proved to be irrelevant because the next time around SF would had let us off as we left in the first time the way things were going either (meaning we probably would have gotten reps seeing that was the reoccurring pattern. Either way, you're right on this one and I was wrong.

[quote]
You really shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. An alliance isn't incompetent just because you don't like them. The numbers I've got at the moment show CSN with 70% slot usage, and GATO with 27%. Who is incompetent again?[/quote]
CSN's strategical value is at the bottom with the likes of Legion, MHA and other alliances. Signing with Invicta only made things worse.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1334461689' post='2953588']
"[...]who are repeatedly called one of CN's worst alliances around today and who's ignorance and arrogance started a global calling to get them rolled into the ground, which happened in the last global war."

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Worst_Alliance_Ever

It's actually sad that you don't even know your own alliance's history. [/quote]

I am well aware of our history, the matter of fact remains that we have shed that moniker while CSN still holds bearings to it.

[quote]
"[T]here was a side storied conflict in the PB-NpO war called the CSN-LoSS Front. If you note with your amazing historical skills, you will see that GATO was in a bloc called Synergy with LoSS along with having an MDoAP at the same time! (Shocker! Bet that's a great find in your archeological dig.)"

In context of your rendition of the CSN-LoSS front, this point was absolutely irrelevant yet you purposely gave it some importance. The fact that you are [i]still[/i] butt hurt that we hit your allies and they screwed the pooch regarding the original peace-plan is very telling. But please, continue your outrage and disdain over it. [/quote]
I wouldn't say its irrelevant moreso then showing the strong connection we had with LoSS at the time and another reason to why we would be very mad with everything that took place. This was intended for the original quote further providing him that 'connection' of why we got very mad that seemed to be so lost with him.

[quote]
You seriously didn't know that? Why would LoSS's ODP ally [i]defend[/i] LoSS for any other reason except being attacked by CSN? :huh: [/quote]
Meant to type in DT but I wrote LoSS. Epic fail on my part and I deserve harassment for that.

[quote]
You are really bad at this, but it makes you more precious. GATO peaced out on February 2nd. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98115

No terms.

We demanded terms from DT because we were petty, not because we had some eternal vendetta against GATO and wanted to keep LoSS in perma-war. :rolleyes: [/quote]
Statement made with my quote on Gibs.

[quote]
I'm disappointed that you're giving up so easily. But you're right, those logs were obviously doctored and don't point out the fact that LoSS didn't relay to DT that it was trying to peace out and, instead, asked DT to enter. Yep, way off. [/quote]
You know that an active measure taken to pressure peace on alliances is having others attack them? Even if in this scenario it means nothing what so ever, and likely meant it would screw up peace talks, it is considered a valid tactic. Nevertheless, I seem to be missing your point to where it matters in the grand scheme of things that DT entered while LoSS was in peace talks. You consistently say that the reps during the DT war were terrible and incredibly stupid on your part, but the more I read the 'logs' you've shown to me along with your explanation of them, it almost as sounds you are trying to justify those reps? Unless I'm missing something here, feel free to explain it to me the overall relevance.

[quote]
[b]"And more so the main point is refuting that somehow we owe CSN something for something that they did years ago after the fact that they screwed our friend's allies over along with pissing on our friends and us at the same time."
[/b]
When did we [i]ever[/i] say you owed us for what we did? Us entering the war for you wasn't a favor; it was our duty as per our treaty to enter the war at your side. After the war, any and all duty GATO had to CSN ended when the MDP was cancelled via our surrender terms. And pissing on your friends and you at the same time? Please. DT were the ones facing stupid reparations, yet they didn't !@#$%* and moan nearly as others. GATO would probably benefit from taking a peek at DT's playbook; it might give you all some testicular fortitude.[/quote]
Moreso your friend who I originally quoted which you seemed to have come over and defend. Regardless, I'm pretty sure DT was easily the angriest with reps out of anyone and this was proven after the last war. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=108160

[quote]
[b]"Also as a Disclaimer, GATO currently still dislikes CSN and officially does not want to roll them at this particular point in time. We gave that grudge up after the last war and have moved on."[/b]

Generally when you continuously bring these kind of things up and are constantly fired up about it, it means you're not over it. Just [generally] sayin'.
[/quote]

Yes remember that DarthCyfe6 speaks for all of GATO when his posts expresses his own opinions. Brilliant deduction sir.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334371070' post='2952715']
Well as someone who was there, saw the logs, and knew very personal everyone involved I was kind of shocked and disgusted. I think there were some very bitter people on both sides of that though. At this point after everyone has truly become even I think we should all kind of move past it. I believe CSN has, and I believe DT has. I know I personally have dropped the grudges I had from it, so I'd implore others to do the same.
[/quote]

Still waiting for CSN to finish up their very light term for that to happen.

I'm not really sure how this the topic ranted off from this great pairing of alliances, to the actions of CSN two wars ago, but i'm not joining in on it.
Anyways, congrats on your treaty CSN and that purple alliance I fought once.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1334589564' post='2954272']

CSN's strategical value is at the bottom with the likes of Legion, MHA and other alliances. Signing with Invicta only made things worse.
[/quote]

If you could show me a way where they could upgrade their strategical value without selling their soul then I would like to see it.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1334594469' post='2954305']
no no no no no someone make this conversation stop. SOM for the love of admin be the bigger man that you are and stop arguing with these people. Man I thought we were over this !@#$
[/quote]

The arguing should never stop. I might go 3 for 3 against RnR, I'm not sure how but it could happen. I missed out on nuking Ego last time D:

Also from a LoSS point of view I still don't get how hunter had the authority to bring in DT since he was senate at the time iirc. Oh well I've got my casualties still :3

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1334589644' post='2954273']
You know that an active measure taken to pressure peace on alliances is having others attack them? Even if in this scenario it means nothing what so ever, and likely meant it would screw up peace talks, it is considered a valid tactic. Nevertheless, I seem to be missing your point to where it matters in the grand scheme of things that DT entered while LoSS was in peace talks. You consistently say that the reps during the DT war were terrible and incredibly stupid on your part, but the more I read the 'logs' you've shown to me along with your explanation of them, it almost as sounds you are trying to justify those reps? Unless I'm missing something here, feel free to explain it to me the overall relevance. [/quote]

That makes [b]no[/b] sense at all. We were told LoSS wanted peace; we made it clear we were down for peace. The LoSS-Hydra front had little importance in the grand scheme of the war and we probably could have been used elsewhere, as could have DT (and the sorts). Peace was going to happen. If you walk up to a guy and ask them for a dollar, and they say "Sure", and then you punch them in the groin and ask for that same dollar after they just agreed to give it to you... why would that convince the guy who just agreed to give you the dollar to give it to you now? LoSS, for whatever reason, did not find it necessary to inform DT that LoSS was actively looking to peace out (as shown in the CSN-DT logs). After DT jumped in, we heard [b]nothing[/b] from LoSS regarding peace, so we assumed that peace talks had failed (or something), so we requested RnR come in on LoSS after having declared on DT (who declared on Legacy). As it turned out, TIO was being granted peace and all that jazz. Then we receive that fun query from Arsenal, explaining that you (GATO) were infuriated because we weren't giving LoSS peace. [b]That[/b] is why we didn't give LoSS peace right away; not because we were out to get GATO.

And I would quote myself over the past two years, but it's not worth it. If [i]you[/i] seriously think I am justifying our reps on DT, I'd suggest you go through my posting history and see for yourself. Call me an apologetic (there are a quite of few who do), but I've been pretty steadfast with that.

[quote]Yes remember that DarthCyfe6 speaks for all of GATO when his posts expresses his own opinions. Brilliant deduction sir.
[/quote]

You all are reading off of the same awfully written party line. It's not my fault that all of your posts, over time, gradually converge into one GATO-oan writer in my eyes.

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1334591045' post='2954281']
Still waiting for CSN to finish up their very light term for that to happen.

I'm not really sure how this the topic ranted off from this great pairing of alliances, to the actions of CSN two wars ago, but i'm not joining in on it.
Anyways, congrats on your treaty CSN and that purple alliance I fought once.
[/quote]

You're classier than most. Truth.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1334594469' post='2954305']
no no no no no someone make this conversation stop. SOM for the love of admin be the bigger man that you are and stop arguing with these people. Man I thought we were over this !@#$
[/quote]

Gives me a reason to procrastinate, but you're right.

Oh god.

I was going to ignore this topic until I found out there were GATOan's posting.

I really don't want to touch anything that has been said so far. I apologize to CSN and RI for having their treaty thread hijacked. I also would point out that people are responding to Darth, when he blatantly mentioned that he likes to troll in his first post. While I cannot stop Darth from speaking his mind, please do not associate his own personal views with that of GATO.

Though seeing the Ferocitas references did make me smile. I have fond memories of working with Gino, AT, and SOM during that period of time.

I wish both of you luck with your PIAT, hopefully it works out as you intended.

Edited by kerschbs

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1334604030' post='2954380']
Oh god.

I really don't want to touch anything that has been said so far. I apologize to CSN and RI for having their treaty thread hijacked. I also would point out that people are responding to Darth, when he blatantly mentioned that he likes to troll in his first post. While I cannot stop Darth from speaking his mind, please do not associate his own personal views with that of GATO.

Though seeing the Ferocitas references did make me smile. I have fond memories of working with Gino, AT, and SOM during that period of time.

[/quote]
Kerschbs for MoFA. <3

[quote name='Commander shepard' timestamp='1334593661' post='2954296']
If you could show me a way where they could upgrade their strategical value without selling their soul then I would like to see it.
[/quote]

You, sir, get one of these:

[img]http://www.benekeith.com/upload/web_brand_item/image/924/Lowenbrau_Original.jpg?1282153831[/img]

Oh god.

I really don't want to touch anything that has been said so far. I apologize to CSN and RI for having their treaty thread hijacked[b]. I also would point out that people are responding to Darth, when he blatantly mentioned that he likes to troll in his first post.[/b] While I cannot stop Darth from speaking his mind, please do not associate his own personal views with that of GATO.

[/quote]

Bleh, I missed that completely. You have always been one of the few GATO people I have always liked, and I can reciprocate those fond memories. Cheers.

[quote name='Demag' timestamp='1334595369' post='2954308']
The arguing should never stop. I might go 3 for 3 against RnR, I'm not sure how but it could happen. I missed out on nuking Ego last time D:

Also from a LoSS point of view I still don't get how hunter had the authority to bring in DT since he was senate at the time iirc. Oh well I've got my casualties still :3
[/quote]

I believe he was under orders from Loss's upper government to test the waters and see if we (DT) and other NOIR sigs wanted to join in.
Atleast thats how I remember it.

[quote name='Supa_Troop3r' timestamp='1334623779' post='2954557']
I believe he was under orders from Loss's upper government to test the waters and see if we (DT) and other NOIR sigs wanted to join in.
Atleast thats how I remember it.
[/quote]

Yea, I told Legion-x in #synergy_hq to go talk to NOIR and see if he could get help from NoR. At the time there was some hope that Valhalla wouldn't ignore 10 defense treaties just to say "$%&@ you Polar". So I assume that's where this whole thing originated from.

Anyway, I have now decided that Invicta is freaking awesome. So congrats to Invicta 100% on your new treaty.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334630238' post='2954619']
Yea, I told Legion-x in #synergy_hq to go talk to NOIR and see if he could get help from NoR. [b]At the time there was some hope that Valhalla wouldn't ignore 10 defense treaties just to say "$%&@ you Polar".[/b] So I assume that's where this whole thing originated from.

Anyway, I have now decided that Invicta is freaking awesome. So congrats to Invicta 100% on your new treaty.
[/quote]

HAHAHA that's a good one. At least you had hope.

[quote name='porksaber' timestamp='1334630644' post='2954625']
this is probably the worst treaty ever.
[/quote]

Are you sure? There are so many other treaties to choose from... Invicta-Legion, Invicta-SOS, Invicta-UPN...

Can you really say that this is worse than any of those other awful treaties?

Oh god.

[/quote]

Congrats, you just became my second favorite person in GATO. Griffy still has you beat by miles, sure, but you did gain a little ground there. Just a little bit. :P

(In all seriousness, very classy post, and it seems like there have been precious few of them coming from GATO members in this thread)