Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations - Regnum Invictorum Announcement

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1334151684' post='2951065']
I can't say what's worse for who, signing with Invicta or signing with CSN.
[/quote]

Oh, what short memories we have:

Let me remind you that during the GATO v 1-Vision war, three AA's came to GATO's aid:
IAA (who was disbanded because of it), CSN (who came in because of a treaty with GATO despite the overwhelming odds stacked against them) and USN (who came in because of CSN).

Seriously, know your history before making yourself look like a tool.

Also, congrats to our friends in CSN. Don't know much about invicta, but I'd like to :ehm:

Edited by smurthwaite

[quote name='Liz Girard' timestamp='1334256392' post='2951529']
No keno, things like you entering private peace talks for Kaskus on our behalf with PB without telling anyone do.

But when we're getting off topic with moronic details.

Congrats all around.

[/quote]

Sooooo

[quote]R: Hey Liz told me to come talk to you
Me: Alright
(next day)
R: Hey come be an observant in our peace talks with PB I don't want them changing logs
Me: Sure why not
Liz: WTF KENO
Me: um wtf wtf?
(Next day)
R: Hey how do you feel about paying our reps ;)
Keno: Ha Ha no?

Or should I bring up Anarchia as well?

Liz: Hey start talking to Anarchia
Me: Ok
Anarchia: ( more or less talking about seniority and how he wants DH dead)
Me: So Liz, Anarchia is a pretty wild dude who is super anti-DH and is a bad idea to talk to especially since the moment you talk to him he says your going to back him up
Liz: So? and? Just keep talking to him
Me: ....alright i guess

Me and Sardonic Query

Sardonic: Liz says you were trying to rally up micro alliances?
Me: .... wtf?[/quote]

Anyways I have gotten this off topic enough and am done with this petty argument.

so yet again
o/ Congrats Invicta
o/ Congrats CSN

Keno, as I recall Liz said nothing of the sort to keep talking to anyone. And for that matter, anything like peace talks is HoS level FA work. As in, you no touchy. Oh, and to top it all off, I think you're lying about talking to Sardonic. All you have is type. It's not the hardest thing in the world to fake bud.

That said, quit making an %^$ of yourself. I assume you want to get into an alliance at some point in the future. And being "that moron that makes his alliance look bad and then argues with them when he leaves" is a terrible resume.

Edited by Crazyman93

[quote name='Crazyman93' timestamp='1334301635' post='2952014']
Keno, as I recall Liz said nothing of the sort to keep talking to anyone. And for that matter, anything like peace talks is HoS level FA work. As in, you no touchy. Oh, and to top it all off, I think you're lying about talking to Sardonic. All you have is type. It's not the hardest thing in the world to fake bud.

That said, quit making an %^$ of yourself. I assume you want to get into an alliance at some point in the future. And being "that moron that makes his alliance look bad and then argues with them when he leaves" is a terrible resume.
[/quote]

Also I never said those were real logs. Like Liz wants to think i am saying they are. They were Real Convo's put into a nutshell.

Well let's bring Sardonic into this conversation.
and ehh I am not one to sit by and watch getting yelled at by someone for doing something then have them do it the next day.

Edited by KenoCore

Liz is the leader of an Alliance. The position you held isn't even on this treaty. As in, you were an assistant. You don't have the same privileges Liz does. If she wants to influence how CSN is thought of, she can do that. If you do it, you're a loud mouth puppy that needs to be controlled.

I'm not going to explain it any more though. You either get it, or you don't.
And if you don't, you're going to be someone else's problem so why would I care?

[quote name='Crazyman93' timestamp='1334304493' post='2952026']
Liz is the leader of an Alliance. The position you held isn't even on this treaty. As in, you were an assistant. You don't have the same privileges Liz does. If she wants to influence how CSN is thought of, she can do that. If you do it, you're a loud mouth puppy that needs to be controlled.

I'm not going to explain it any more though. You either get it, or you don't.
And if you don't, you're going to be someone else's problem so why would I care?
[/quote]

Her position has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that their is a double standard within CSN and her allies. That is what I am simply getting at.

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1334300334' post='2952001']
Oh, what short memories we have:

Let me remind you that during the GATO v 1-Vision war, three AA's came to GATO's aid:
IAA (who was disbanded because of it), CSN (who came in because of a treaty with GATO despite the overwhelming odds stacked against them) and USN (who came in because of CSN).

Seriously, know your history before making yourself look like a tool.

Also, congrats to our friends in CSN. Don't know much about invicta, but I'd like to :ehm:
[/quote]

Oh man, I know I enjoy baiting people, but this is f*cking great, I never expected to reel in such an incredibly stupid and baseless post. I'm not even sure where to start with this.

First and foremost, lets talk history. In no way shape or form is that even close to current, like at all. You have absolutely no idea the history between our two alliances and what we've been through. The CSN of past was an honorable alliance that stood up for their allies (look at House Baratheon for former members) that took no participation in being puppets to some persons own political gain nor partook in the extortion of reparations from alliances. Now lets move to the current CSN that is a complete shell of its former self that extorts reparations from alliances, who's diplomacy is that of 5 year old's temper tantrum, who are puppets to some person's political agenda, who are repeatedly called one of CN's worst alliances around today and who's ignorance and arrogance started a global calling to get them rolled into the ground, which happened in the last global war.

Now, to the more important part, to where our relations crumbled. Two Global wars ago, there was a side storied conflict in the PB-NpO war called the CSN-LoSS Front. If you note with your amazing historical skills, you will see that GATO was in a bloc called Synergy with LoSS along with having an MDoAP at the same time! (Shocker! Bet that's a great find in your archeological dig.) During that war, LoSS's ODP allies in the bloc NOIR jumped in on CSN to help fight loss. For whatever reason, CSN decided that they could use some make believe Political Capital off of being someone's puppet to extract Reparations from DT because they OD on them with a color bloc to defend their Black friends in LoSS. After GATO exited the PB-NpO war, we had secured white peace for all of our allies giving them the clear out. Knowing very well of this, CSN acted upon it and demanded reparations from DT. LoSS became furious with this and refused to leave the war until those Reps were waived. Supporting our allies, we entered in the Diplomatic discussion with CSN. After what would seem to prove as frivolous attempts, CSN refused, causing a major break down and fallout between our alliances. In response to this, GATO had closed CSN's Embassy and cut off all diplomatic ties to them. CSN ended up extorting reps from DT while LoSS, DT and GATO left very angry at them for such an extortion. Note during these diplomatic talks, CSN was being very childish and arrogant as they had shown no care towards anyone else.

So please, the next time you talk out of your ass, which I encourage you to do so because you have provided easily one of the best quotes of the thread, make sure you are funded better with your archeological escapades.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1334353392' post='2952465']
You have absolutely no idea the history between our two alliances and what we've been through.[/quote]

Says the guy who wasn't even around for the CSN-GATO ToA, CSN-GATO MDP, Feroticas Compact, or 1V-GATO War? That is, unless, you are a new caricature of an old self, but either way, Smurthwaite was a pretty big supporter of No Vision at the time of the war. His nation burned like the rest of ours for you guys; his nation dished out reparations in of tech for you guys; his nation was forced to vote for a MCXA senator on maroon for you guys. I'm fairly certain he is [i]aware[/i] of the history between our two alliances. Regardless, I was a fan for the ToA and jumped up to the plate to defend and advocate for the treaty. I pushed GinoTheRoman for the MDP treaty [i]hard[/i] when I was MoFA back in 2007 (I was only a senator for the ToA); Allied_Threat and President HiLow were the primary points of contact regarding the formalities of the treaty itself. At the time, we had a pretty huge void in regards to military treaties due to the rather recent dissolution of GUARD a few months prior.

[quote]Now lets move to the current CSN that is a complete shell of its former self that [b]extorts reparations[/b] from alliances, [b]who's diplomacy is that of 5 year old's[/b] temper tantrum, who are puppets to some person's political agenda, who are repeatedly called one of CN's worst alliances around today and [b]who's ignorance and arrogance started a global calling to get them rolled into the ground[/b], which happened in the last global war.[/quote]

*"Reparations"

I've been pretty thorough on how incredibly [i]retarded[/i] the CSN-DT episode was, so I'm not going to bore everyone here with the same apologetic nuances this evening. I do find it interesting, though, that you decry CSN for outrageous reparations when your very own allies demanded [i]hundreds of thousands[/i] of tech from TOP/IRON alone.

*"Diplomacy of a 5 year old's"

Creative, I'll give you that. Since you have such a clear memory, remind me of GATO's initial reaction when CSN originally canceled our MDP just prior to 1V-GATO? Now think forward two years and remind me of GATO's position when you guys canceled your MDP with NSO [i]after[/i] they were bum rushed? And when you closed our embassy... that was icing on the cake (I believe we may have either discussed closing your embassy or actually did close it temporarily, but it's still alive and ready to be reinvigorated at any time).

*"Started a global calling to get them rolled into the ground"

Clearly you aren't up-to-date on GATO's less-than-flavorful history of WAE. While things may have changed since Pre-Karma, it's just a fun note to be aware of.

[quote]Now, to the more important part, to where our relations crumbled.[/quote]

Yes, sir, pray tell us [i]where[/i] our relations crumbled.

[quote]Two Global wars ago...[/quote]

Wrong already. Any hope of reconciling relations were done with long before the PB-NpO War. The closest thing we had to a rekindling was because of Gibsonator21 leaving GATO for CSN and establishing a connection there. Other than that, the only person (as far as I'm aware) who kept in constant contact with GATO was TheBlackWatch (until he left). Following 1V-GATO, the overall opinion of GATO (in CSN) pretty much dropped. Also, I find your re-telling of the tale to be exceptionally choice... and by exceptionally choice, I mean fairly inaccurate.

1) [quote][T]here was a side storied conflict in the PB-NpO war called the CSN-LoSS Front. If you note with your amazing historical skills, you will see that GATO was in a bloc called Synergy with LoSS along with having an MDoAP at the same time! (Shocker! Bet that's a great find in your archeological dig.)[/quote]

A very irrelevant jumble of words given that CSN and GATO shared no treaty. Likewise, we attacked LoSS because that is where we were most needed.

2) [quote]During that war, LoSS's ODP allies in the bloc NOIR jumped in on CSN to help fight loss.[/quote]

LoSS -> Hydra

CSN & Legacy -> LoSS

DT (& later FHU) -> Legacy

CSN -> DT

They jumped on Legacy, not CSN; I'd be inclined to agree that that is a pretty trivial point (doesn't change the outcome or overall gist of the episode anyways).

3)
[quote]
For whatever reason, CSN decided that they could use some make believe Political Capital off of being someone's puppet to extract Reparations from DT because they OD on them with a color bloc to defend their Black friends in LoSS.[/quote]

For whatever reason? Even if the intent was (to be blunt) stupid, it was made very clear nonetheless.

[23:53] <Myworld[dt]> We didn't know
[23:53] <Myworld[dt]> And we didn't declare on CSN
[23:54] <Myworld[dt]> You want to get 40k out of LoSS for that then ok
[23:54] <Myworld[dt]> That's their failure in communication
[23:54] <Goose|warmonger|> No, you declared on Legacy, not the alliance doing the most damage to LoSS.
[23:54] <Myworld[dt]> That's because LoSS was going to focus on CSN, and need our help dealing with Legacy
[23:55] <Myworld[dt]> They got a little help with what they asked for.
[23:58] <Myworld[dt]> If I knew there was some peace talks going on with LoSS then we would of just chilled out and focused on another project that is in the works to join against the Orders.
[23:58] <Myworld[dt]> And that is what we're trying to get back to doing.

4)
[quote]After GATO exited the PB-NpO war, we had secured white peace for all of our allies giving them the clear out. Knowing very well of this, CSN acted upon it and demanded reparations from DT. LoSS became furious with this and refused to leave the war until those Reps were waived. Supporting our allies, we entered in the Diplomatic discussion with CSN. After what would seem to prove as frivolous attempts, CSN refused, causing a major break down and fallout between our alliances.[/quote]

Just a fun note of general context: LoSS failed to relay that peace talks were going on to an ally it requested to join the war. They then still never got back to us regarding their plan for peace. Literally the people to inform us of their intentions were their allies, not them. I'd also like to further emphasize the point you make about CSN purposely demanding reparations because GATO had made peace plans/deals for its allies and respond with: lol.

As to what you wrote: that's funny, I remember it a little differently. On January 25th:

00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> RIA proposed a plan to us today
[00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> everyone disengages from the conflict
[00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> white peace all around
[00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> no winners, no losers
01[00:30] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> for all of Synergy?
01[00:31] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> from all of SF?
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> Well here's the think
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> thing*
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> sorry let me explain fully
01[00:31] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> k love
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> I've spoken to RIA, GOD, CRAP and TTK
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> What I'm trying to do is include LoSS
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> at this point, we're unsure about TIO
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> And between you and me (I'm really trusting you here, I've been working all day on this)
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> IAA is staying in until polaris leaves
01[00:32] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> i know
01[00:32] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> omni is making that clear
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> so essentially we're leaving IAA behind
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> yeah
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> but LoSS is down to peace out with us
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> you guys just hate them
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> and they know that
01[00:32] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> mmm
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> so
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> I spoke to CGB from LoSS
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> They'll continue fighting if that's where this is going
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> but they'd be down to follow the RIA plan
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> and disengage
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> now my next stop from you is iFOK
[00:34] <sgummo1[GATO]> RIA, GOD, CRAP and TTK have agreed
[00:34] <sgummo1[GATO]> we have to vote on it in congress,

Goose responded (on our forums): So long as we get Hydra, The Brain, and Legacy out as well (and they actually want out).

This was relayed to LoSS, along with both The Brain and Legacy (feel free to confirm or disconfirm this Sarm if you're reading this; I remember having this conversation, but the outcome of it was a bit hazy as I was dealing with personal stuff at the same time) confirmed that they would agree to exit as well. Fast forward to Jan. 28th, DT declares on CSN at the behest of LoSS despite peace currently being discussed:

[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:16] <pd73bassman[NoR]> did you know Loss was in peace talks when you hit legacy?
[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:16] <Supa_Troop3r[DT]> No
[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:16] <Supa_Troop3r[DT]> We were asked by hunter, to join.
[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:17] <Supa_Troop3r[DT]> Then we told them we'd have to wait a few days before giving an answer to see if NoR ( you) was countered

Fast forward (again) to the 7th (and then we start receiving some fun-filled mixed messages), GATO gets pissy with us for letting RnR hit LoSS after LoSS called for DT to hit Legacy. It wasn't until then that it was made clear LoSS would not peace out without DT (though no official statement was made at the time; just an offhand remark from a member who happened to be online):

[23:36] <Arsenal> Hi there.
[23:36] <Liz> Hi (one sec. don't)
[23:36] <Arsenal> Sure.
[23:39] <Liz> Okay, whats up
[23:39] <Arsenal> How's it going?
[23:39] <Liz> Decently, how about you?
[23:39] <Arsenal> Okay.
[23:39] <Arsenal> Unhappy about recent developments, for what that's worth.
[23:40] <Liz> As are we.
[23:40] <Arsenal> Did R&R not inform you, or what?
[23:41] <Arsenal> I'm trying to separate fact from fiction here so that I can direct my anger appropriately. :V
[23:41] <Liz> Inform me of what?
[23:42] <Arsenal> Sorry, what are you displeased about?
[23:42] <Liz> [23:40] <Arsenal> Did R&R not inform you, or what? <--- What?
[23:42] <Arsenal> I'd heard a rumour that CSN wasn't aware of R&R's plans.
[23:42] <Liz> Oh no, we knew.
[23:43] <Arsenal> Also, would you care to join myself and some gentlemen from LoSS and Athens to see if we can't come to some sort of agreement?
[23:44] <Arsenal> Insofar as I am aware, LoSS is interested in exiting the war, which makes R&R's declaration somewhat baffling.
[23:44] <Liz> I'm open to talking, sure.
[23:45] <Arsenal> #style, if you would.
[23:45] <Liz> Also, LoSS never made this interest aware to us.

Session Start: Mon Feb 07 23:45:16 2011
Session Ident: #style
[23:45] * Now talking in #style
[23:45] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Liz
[23:46] <Arsenal> Does anyone here not know anybody else?
[23:47] <Arsenal> I will take that as a no!
[23:47] <Arsenal> Okay, Liz.
[23:47] <rsoxbronco1> I know everybody
[23:47] <Arsenal> What's stopping CSN from ending its war with LoSS?
[23:47] <Liz> You guys seriously need to work on some communication. Far as I know, I just had this conversation with NoR and FAN.
[23:47] <Liz> [23:43] <Arsenal> Also, would you care to join myself and some gentlemen from LoSS and Athens to see if we can't come to some sort of agreement?
[23:47] <Liz> [23:44] <Arsenal> Insofar as I am aware, LoSS is interested in exiting the war, which makes R&R's declaration somewhat baffling.
[23:47] <Liz> ^^^ That.
[23:47] <Liz> Is the exact conversation I jsut had.
[23:48] <Liz> Supposedly, on your fronts behalf.
[23:48] <Arsenal> Xiphosis, OsRavan, myself, sgummo, and like eight members of LoSS discussed it.
[23:48] <Arsenal> It was communicated that LoSS wouldn't leave until TIO left.
[23:49] <Arsenal> TIO then left.
[23:49] <Arsenal> I'm not entirely sure what happened between then and now, but for whatever reason we have more alliances dogpiling on LoSS.
[23:49] <Liz> One second.
[23:49] <Arsenal> Certainly.

After this, the conversation goes nowhere (people ask about the reps, it's made clear that our position wouldn't change, and blah blah blah, same stupid !@#$).

tl;dr

LoSS was interested in peace (so long as TIO exited, which was not revealed to us until almost two weeks later); despite being interested in peace, they decided it pertinent to request DT enter; upon finding out peace was on the table, DT requested peace for the war; and the rest is history. As it has been said more than a dozen times, we should have walked away from DT, but that's not what happened, so there's no point making excused about the past.

DT literally had no idea LoSS was discussing peace.

From Feb. 20:

20:19 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Personally, I believe that it's more of adding insult to injury when you guys came in as you did; it definitely didn't solidify the possibility for peace I'd surmise. (Again, I'm running under the assumption TIO was in talks for peace as well)
20:19 TiTaN Okay, fair enough
20:20 TiTaN However, we were unaware of TIO being in peace talks, though
[...]
20:46 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Assuming TIO was in peace talks at the time, I would think LoSS would be privy to that information.
20:46 TiTaN If TIO was in peace talks, Dark Templar wasn't aware of that
20:46 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Which makes me wonder why they asked you guys to enter, but that hinges on whether or not they were.
20:47 TiTaN IF (I don't know either, like you said) TIO was in peace talks DT wasn't aware of htat
20:47 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Aye.
20:48 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] As I said previously if that was the case (assuming TIO was), then that was LoSS's failure of communication in that regard. Nonetheless, this part of the chronology is hypothetical.

I must have missed the thread because, lo and behold, TIO [i]was[/i] in peace talks:

[19:48] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> ohai :3
[19:48] <Liz> Hi CGB
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> how are you?
[19:49] <Liz> I'm doing alright. You?
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> good
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> and good news
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> Hydra and TIO are coming to peace agreements
[19:50] <Liz> awesome
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> so LoSS and Hydra will be coming to a peace agreement very soon it sounds like
[19:50] <Liz> Excellent, they can peace out of all 20 wars
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> lol inorite
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> I like Hydra though
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> they're fun to war with
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> anyways
[19:51] <Liz> Mmmm.
[19:51] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> I forget what I was anywaysing into
[19:52] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> I didn't sleep much last night, kinda fatigued feeling
[19:52] <Liz> Ah okay. Well if you do recall. Just shoot me a query.
[19:52] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> mhm

[quote]So please, the next time you talk out of your ass, which I encourage you to do so because you have provided easily one of the best quotes of the thread, make sure you are funded better with your archeological escapades.
[/quote]

Dr. Pot, Mr. Kettle is here to see you.

Instead of rewriting something I already wrote, I'll just quote it here:

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1323353456' post='2869135']
On top of the 8,950 tech we had to pay for GATO? I understand what we did to DT was !@#$%* (and I ever expressed this to them personally), but hearing this from GATO? I was hoping to have warred DT so all of this !@#$%^&* could be resolved on the battlefield instead of the usual "NO U" that we have grown so accustomed to on the OWF, but that looks like that is now impossible. Hell, I even personally promised Bob a war via PM. You all seem to be so ready to !@#$%* and moan about the issue when it is really DT who has (more or less) the only opinion that matters. But let's not belabor this topic as this isn't about DT-CSN or whatever feud attached to that.
[/quote]

As the last line says, if you want to talk about what happened, feel free to query or PM me.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

To be fair, GATO has a legit grievance against you guys for prolonging their allies peace process. Why we're bringing that up here I have no idea.

The reps thing was just retarded. Then the dumbest thing I've ever seen was after that when CSN went around canceling the treaties of people who didn't support their extortion. I tried telling Gibs and Xiph a million times that it was going to bite you guys in the ass, but no one listened to me. Partly because Xiph legitimately trusted Ardus, and CSN legitimately trusted GOONS.

Are you showing logs in some sort of defense of that? Or are you just trying to say Darthcyfe didn't know what was going on?

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1334370449' post='2952706']
To be fair, GATO has a legit grievance against you guys for prolonging their allies peace process. Why we're bringing that up here I have no idea. The reps thing was just retarded.[/quote]

It was retarded.

[quote]Are you showing logs in some sort of defense of that? Or are you just trying to say Darthcyfe didn't know what was going on?
[/quote]

The latter. Can't really defend an indefensible position.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1334370517' post='2952708']
The latter. Can't really defend an indefensible position.
[/quote]

Well as someone who was there, saw the logs, and knew very personal everyone involved I was kind of shocked and disgusted. I think there were some very bitter people on both sides of that though. At this point after everyone has truly become even I think we should all kind of move past it. I believe CSN has, and I believe DT has. I know I personally have dropped the grudges I had from it, so I'd implore others to do the same.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1334368891' post='2952690']
Says the guy who wasn't even around for the CSN-GATO ToA, CSN-GATO MDP, Feroticas Compact, or 1V-GATO War? That is, unless, you are a new caricature of an old self, but either way, Smurthwaite was a pretty big supporter of No Vision at the time of the war. His nation burned like the rest of ours for you guys; his nation dished out reparations in of tech for you guys; his nation was forced to vote for a MCXA senator on maroon for you guys. I'm fairly certain he is [i]aware[/i] of the history between our two alliances. Regardless, I was a fan for the ToA and jumped up to the plate to defend and advocate for the treaty. I pushed GinoTheRoman for the MDP treaty [i]hard[/i] when I was MoFA back in 2007 (I was only a senator for the ToA); Allied_Threat and President HiLow were the primary points of contact regarding the formalities of the treaty itself. At the time, we had a pretty huge void in regards to military treaties due to the rather recent dissolution of GUARD a few months prior. [/quote]
Wall of text that means nothing. You're talking ancient History while I am talking past history. You and your friend seem to be lost in what is the most important part of this history.

[quote]
*"Reparations"

I've been pretty thorough on how incredibly [i]retarded[/i] the CSN-DT episode was, so I'm not going to bore everyone here with the same apologetic nuances this evening. I do find it interesting, though, that you decry CSN for outrageous reparations when your very own allies demanded [i]hundreds of thousands[/i] of tech from TOP/IRON alone. [/quote]
This isn't even relatable. Please note you were purposefully extorting reps while the TOP/IRON reps were enacted as a punishment, which was highly justified.

[quote]
*"Diplomacy of a 5 year old's"

Creative, I'll give you that. Since you have such a clear memory, remind me of GATO's initial reaction when CSN originally canceled our MDP just prior to 1V-GATO? Now think forward two years and remind me of GATO's position when you guys canceled your MDP with NSO [i]after[/i] they were bum rushed? And when you closed our embassy... that was icing on the cake (I believe we may have either discussed closing your embassy or actually did close it temporarily, but it's still alive and ready to be reinvigorated at any time).[/quote]
Congratulations, you have effectively brought up something that happened during one of our worst times to which we have actively gone about to fix, unlike CSN. Not to even mention this is pretty sad that you have to bring up something that's completely over with and people have moved on.

[quote]
*"Started a global calling to get them rolled into the ground"

Clearly you aren't up-to-date on GATO's less-than-flavorful history of WAE. While things may have changed since Pre-Karma, it's just a fun note to be aware of.[/quote]
Picking at straws again. It's really sad that this is all you have.

[quote]
Wrong already. Any hope of reconciling relations were done with long before the PB-NpO War. The closest thing we had to a rekindling was because of Gibsonator21 leaving GATO for CSN and establishing a connection there. Other than that, the only person (as far as I'm aware) who kept in constant contact with GATO was TheBlackWatch (until he left). Following 1V-GATO, the overall opinion of GATO (in CSN) pretty much dropped. Also, I find your re-telling of the tale to be exceptionally choice... and by exceptionally choice, I mean fairly inaccurate.[/quote]
Thanks for the history lesson. The fact remains that GATO never wanted to roll CSN until they extorted reps. Which is what I am getting at here. And yes, GATO [i]did[/i] actively want to roll you into the ground after that conflict.

[quote]
1)

[b]A very irrelevant jumble of words given that CSN and GATO shared no treaty.[/b] Likewise, we attacked LoSS because that is where we were most needed. [/quote]
Huh? Did you even read what I wrote? This honestly makes no sense as to why you would even say this. Secondly, your inability to understand that when something happens like this to your own blocmate and treaty partner, it's a very good reason to be mad over. Nevertheless this is further proving your ineptitude.

[quote]
2)

LoSS -> Hydra

CSN & Legacy -> LoSS

DT (& later FHU) -> Legacy

CSN -> DT

They jumped on Legacy, not CSN; I'd be inclined to agree that that is a pretty trivial point (doesn't change the outcome or overall gist of the episode anyways).[/quote]
Alright, you have me here. I forgot it was actually you guys that hit DT to which this only makes you look even worse then before.

[quote]
4)

Just a fun note of general context: LoSS failed to relay that peace talks were going on to an ally it requested to join the war. They then still never got back to us regarding their plan for peace. Literally the people to inform us of their intentions were their allies, not them. I'd also like to further emphasize the point you make about CSN purposely demanding reparations because GATO had made peace plans/deals for its allies and respond with: lol. [/quote]
Right, it happened to be highly convenient that GATO was out of the war and could not reenter to help out LoSS and DT for your extortion. Clearly this is lol worthy.

[quote]
As to what you wrote: that's funny, I remember it a little differently. On January 25th:

00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> RIA proposed a plan to us today
[00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> everyone disengages from the conflict
[00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> white peace all around
[00:30] <sgummo1[GATO]> no winners, no losers
01[00:30] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> for all of Synergy?
01[00:31] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> from all of SF?
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> Well here's the think
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> thing*
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> sorry let me explain fully
01[00:31] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> k love
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> I've spoken to RIA, GOD, CRAP and TTK
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> What I'm trying to do is include LoSS
[00:31] <sgummo1[GATO]> at this point, we're unsure about TIO
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> And between you and me (I'm really trusting you here, I've been working all day on this)
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> IAA is staying in until polaris leaves
01[00:32] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> i know
01[00:32] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> omni is making that clear
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> so essentially we're leaving IAA behind
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> yeah
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> but LoSS is down to peace out with us
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> you guys just hate them
[00:32] <sgummo1[GATO]> and they know that
01[00:32] <Gibsonator21[CSN|MoI]> mmm
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> so
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> I spoke to CGB from LoSS
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> They'll continue fighting if that's where this is going
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> but they'd be down to follow the RIA plan
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> and disengage
[00:33] <sgummo1[GATO]> now my next stop from you is iFOK
[00:34] <sgummo1[GATO]> RIA, GOD, CRAP and TTK have agreed
[00:34] <sgummo1[GATO]> we have to vote on it in congress,

Goose responded (on our forums): So long as we get Hydra, The Brain, and Legacy out as well (and they actually want out).

This was relayed to LoSS, along with both The Brain and Legacy (feel free to confirm or disconfirm this Sarm if you're reading this; I remember having this conversation, but the outcome of it was a bit hazy as I was dealing with personal stuff at the same time) confirmed that they would agree to exit as well. Fast forward to Jan. 28th, DT declares on CSN at the behest of LoSS despite peace currently being discussed:

[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:16] <pd73bassman[NoR]> did you know Loss was in peace talks when you hit legacy?
[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:16] <Supa_Troop3r[DT]> No
[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:16] <Supa_Troop3r[DT]> We were asked by hunter, to join.
[22:49] <pd73bassman[NoR]> [22:17] <Supa_Troop3r[DT]> Then we told them we'd have to wait a few days before giving an answer to see if NoR ( you) was countered

Fast forward (again) to the 7th (and then we start receiving some fun-filled mixed messages), GATO gets pissy with us for letting RnR hit LoSS after LoSS called for DT to hit Legacy. It wasn't until then that it was made clear LoSS would not peace out without DT (though no official statement was made at the time; just an offhand remark from a member who happened to be online):

[23:36] <Arsenal> Hi there.
[23:36] <Liz> Hi (one sec. don't)
[23:36] <Arsenal> Sure.
[23:39] <Liz> Okay, whats up
[23:39] <Arsenal> How's it going?
[23:39] <Liz> Decently, how about you?
[23:39] <Arsenal> Okay.
[23:39] <Arsenal> Unhappy about recent developments, for what that's worth.
[23:40] <Liz> As are we.
[23:40] <Arsenal> Did R&R not inform you, or what?
[23:41] <Arsenal> I'm trying to separate fact from fiction here so that I can direct my anger appropriately. :V
[23:41] <Liz> Inform me of what?
[23:42] <Arsenal> Sorry, what are you displeased about?
[23:42] <Liz> [23:40] <Arsenal> Did R&R not inform you, or what? <--- What?
[23:42] <Arsenal> I'd heard a rumour that CSN wasn't aware of R&R's plans.
[23:42] <Liz> Oh no, we knew.
[23:43] <Arsenal> Also, would you care to join myself and some gentlemen from LoSS and Athens to see if we can't come to some sort of agreement?
[23:44] <Arsenal> Insofar as I am aware, LoSS is interested in exiting the war, which makes R&R's declaration somewhat baffling.
[23:44] <Liz> I'm open to talking, sure.
[23:45] <Arsenal> #style, if you would.
[23:45] <Liz> Also, LoSS never made this interest aware to us.

Session Start: Mon Feb 07 23:45:16 2011
Session Ident: #style
[23:45] * Now talking in #style
[23:45] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Liz
[23:46] <Arsenal> Does anyone here not know anybody else?
[23:47] <Arsenal> I will take that as a no!
[23:47] <Arsenal> Okay, Liz.
[23:47] <rsoxbronco1> I know everybody
[23:47] <Arsenal> What's stopping CSN from ending its war with LoSS?
[23:47] <Liz> You guys seriously need to work on some communication. Far as I know, I just had this conversation with NoR and FAN.
[23:47] <Liz> [23:43] <Arsenal> Also, would you care to join myself and some gentlemen from LoSS and Athens to see if we can't come to some sort of agreement?
[23:47] <Liz> [23:44] <Arsenal> Insofar as I am aware, LoSS is interested in exiting the war, which makes R&R's declaration somewhat baffling.
[23:47] <Liz> ^^^ That.
[23:47] <Liz> Is the exact conversation I jsut had.
[23:48] <Liz> Supposedly, on your fronts behalf.
[23:48] <Arsenal> Xiphosis, OsRavan, myself, sgummo, and like eight members of LoSS discussed it.
[23:48] <Arsenal> It was communicated that LoSS wouldn't leave until TIO left.
[23:49] <Arsenal> TIO then left.
[23:49] <Arsenal> I'm not entirely sure what happened between then and now, but for whatever reason we have more alliances dogpiling on LoSS.
[23:49] <Liz> One second.
[23:49] <Arsenal> Certainly.

After this, the conversation goes nowhere (people ask about the reps, it's made clear that our position wouldn't change, and blah blah blah, same stupid !@#$).

tl;dr

LoSS was interested in peace (so long as TIO exited, which was not revealed to us until almost two weeks later); despite being interested in peace, they decided it pertinent to request DT enter; upon finding out peace was on the table, DT requested peace for the war; and the rest is history. As it has been said more than a dozen times, we should have walked away from DT, but that's not what happened, so there's no point making excused about the past.

DT literally had no idea LoSS was discussing peace.

From Feb. 20:

20:19 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Personally, I believe that it's more of adding insult to injury when you guys came in as you did; it definitely didn't solidify the possibility for peace I'd surmise. (Again, I'm running under the assumption TIO was in talks for peace as well)
20:19 TiTaN Okay, fair enough
20:20 TiTaN However, we were unaware of TIO being in peace talks, though
[...]
20:46 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Assuming TIO was in peace talks at the time, I would think LoSS would be privy to that information.
20:46 TiTaN If TIO was in peace talks, Dark Templar wasn't aware of that
20:46 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Which makes me wonder why they asked you guys to enter, but that hinges on whether or not they were.
20:47 TiTaN IF (I don't know either, like you said) TIO was in peace talks DT wasn't aware of htat
20:47 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] Aye.
20:48 SpacingOutMan[CSN|MoFA] As I said previously if that was the case (assuming TIO was), then that was LoSS's failure of communication in that regard. Nonetheless, this part of the chronology is hypothetical.

I must have missed the thread because, lo and behold, TIO [i]was[/i] in peace talks:

[19:48] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> ohai :3
[19:48] <Liz> Hi CGB
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> how are you?
[19:49] <Liz> I'm doing alright. You?
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> good
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> and good news
[19:49] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> Hydra and TIO are coming to peace agreements
[19:50] <Liz> awesome
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> so LoSS and Hydra will be coming to a peace agreement very soon it sounds like
[19:50] <Liz> Excellent, they can peace out of all 20 wars
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> lol inorite
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> I like Hydra though
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> they're fun to war with
[19:50] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> anyways
[19:51] <Liz> Mmmm.
[19:51] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> I forget what I was anywaysing into
[19:52] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> I didn't sleep much last night, kinda fatigued feeling
[19:52] <Liz> Ah okay. Well if you do recall. Just shoot me a query.
[19:52] <Co_God_Ben[LoSS]> mhm

Dr. Pot, Mr. Kettle is here to see you.

Instead of rewriting something I already wrote, I'll just quote it here:

As the last line says, if you want to talk about what happened, feel free to query or PM me.
[/quote]

At this point with this massive wall of text you are so far off the point that its not even worth dissecting. You are missing the main point that the fact remains that CSN is still a terrible alliance and you all have done jack !@#$ to change this. And more so the main point is refuting that somehow we owe CSN something for something that they did years ago after the fact that they screwed our friend's allies over along with pissing on our friends and us at the same time.

Also as a Disclaimer, GATO currently still dislikes CSN and officially does not want to roll them at this particular point in time. We gave that grudge up after the last war and have moved on.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1334452680' post='2953495']
Wall of text that means nothing. You're talking ancient History while I am talking past history. You and your friend seem to be lost in what is the most important part of this history. [/quote]

I wouldn't say what happened in the CSN-DT war is the "most important part". CSN burning for you (almost needlessly since the treaty was in the cancellation period) while your opposition was looking to disband you is kind of a big deal compared to CSN taking reps from your allies ally.

[quote]This isn't even relatable. Please note you were purposefully extorting reps while the TOP/IRON reps were enacted as a punishment, which was highly justified.[/quote]

Few things on this one:

Were the reps taken from TOP/IRON on accident?
CSN took reps to punish DT.
Justification is relative. Something that's justifiable to me isn't to you, as is the case here.

[quote]Congratulations, you have effectively brought up something that happened during one of our worst times to which we have actively gone about to fix, unlike CSN. Not to even mention this is pretty sad that you have to bring up something that's completely over with and people have moved on. [/quote]

CSN is actively looking to fix her misgivings, and has succeeded in a lot of areas. Your ignorance on this subject is because GATO refused to talk to CSN, and when they did it was just trolling - justified by you guys or not - so it was a complete waste of time.

[quote]Picking at straws again. It's really sad that this is all you have.[/quote]

Lol!

[quote]Thanks for the history lesson. The fact remains that GATO never wanted to roll CSN until they extorted reps. Which is what I am getting at here. And yes, GATO [i]did[/i] actively want to roll you into the ground after that conflict. [/quote]

And you took the backseat for that. Shocking.

[quote]Huh? Did you even read what I wrote? This honestly makes no sense as to why you would even say this. Secondly, your inability to understand that when something happens like this to your own blocmate and treaty partner, it's a very good reason to be mad over. Nevertheless this is further proving your ineptitude.[/quote]

He said it because it was a very irrelevant jumble of words. He wasn't wrong; did you even read what you wrote?

[quote]Right, it happened to be highly convenient that GATO was out of the war and could not reenter to help out LoSS and DT for your extortion. Clearly this is lol worthy.[/quote]

Actually, GATO have could re-entered the war. You guys didn't want a no-reentry clause, so GOD/RIA let you off without one. Then you just... sat there.

[quote]At this point with this massive wall of text you are so far off the point that its not even worth dissecting. You are missing the main point that the fact remains that CSN is still a terrible alliance and you all have done jack !@#$ to change this.[/quote]

You really shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about. An alliance isn't incompetent just because you don't like them. The numbers I've got at the moment show CSN with 70% slot usage, and GATO with 27%. Who is incompetent again?

[quote]And more so the main point is refuting that somehow we owe CSN something for something that they did years ago after the fact that they screwed our friend's allies over along with pissing on our friends and us at the same time. [/quote]

Most of the old GATOans would say (at least before the NpO-VE war) that GATO owed CSN, actually. But right now, I don't think SOM is even saying GATO owes CSN; more as if telling you to stop talking.

[quote]Also as a Disclaimer, GATO currently still dislikes CSN and officially does not want to roll them at this particular point in time. We gave that grudge up after the last war and have moved on.
[/quote]

Oh, good. This eases all of SF's mind to know that GATO, the movers and shakers you are, is not looking to roll us.

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1334368891' post='2952690']
Says the guy who wasn't even around for the CSN-GATO ToA, CSN-GATO MDP, Feroticas Compact, or 1V-GATO War?
[/quote]

Oh Ferocitas. Thank you for helping me reminisce.

Best of luck to CSN and Invicta.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1334456318' post='2953558']
Oh derp, just realized I butchered the spelling on that.
[/quote]

I didn't have time to notice. I was too busy pronouncing it in Spanish.

[quote name='SoADarthCyfe6' timestamp='1334452680' post='2953495']
Wall of text that means nothing. You're talking ancient History while I am talking past history. You and your friend seem to be lost in what is the most important part of this history. [/quote]

You may want to take out a dictionary and look up what history means. I've witnessed the entire GATO-CSN relationship and I am absolutely certain that burning for your sorry asses is probably the most [i]pertinent[/i] part of the GATO-CSN relationship. I don't regret defending GATO, though, even in hindsight of what would result from it.

[quote]This isn't even relatable. Please note you were purposefully extorting reps while the TOP/IRON reps were enacted as a punishment, which was highly justified.[/quote]

Uh what? I'll give you a moment to take off the rose-tinted glasses.

[quote]Congratulations, you have effectively brought up something that happened during one of our worst times to which we have actively gone about to fix, unlike CSN. Not to even mention this is pretty sad that you have to bring up something that's completely over with and people have moved on.[/quote]

Funny, I could say the [i]same[/i] exact thing about the CSN-DT situation. At least, I'd hope that taking two consecutive beatings, paying back (for the most part) what we took, and trying to be amicable as possible would help bury the hatchet. I suggest you look to what Omniscient1 wrote a few posts above your response.

[quote]Picking at straws again. It's really sad that this is all you have.[/quote]

"[...]who are repeatedly called one of CN's worst alliances around today and who's ignorance and arrogance started a global calling to get them rolled into the ground, which happened in the last global war."

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Worst_Alliance_Ever

It's actually sad that you don't even know your own alliance's history.

[quote]Thanks for the history lesson. The fact remains that GATO never wanted to roll CSN until they extorted reps. Which is what I am getting at here. And yes, GATO [i]did[/i] actively want to roll you into the ground after that conflict.[/quote]

I'm well aware. Care to take a shot at how long that kept me up at night knowing that GATO was going to come riding in on a bright white horse, leading the Sandlot forces against the nefarious and evil no-good-doers of CSN?

[quote]Huh? Did you even read what I wrote? This honestly makes no sense as to why you would even say this. Secondly, your inability to understand that when something happens like this to your own blocmate and treaty partner, it's a very good reason to be mad over. Nevertheless this is further proving your ineptitude.[/quote]

Did you?

"[T]here was a side storied conflict in the PB-NpO war called the CSN-LoSS Front. If you note with your amazing historical skills, you will see that GATO was in a bloc called Synergy with LoSS along with having an MDoAP at the same time! (Shocker! Bet that's a great find in your archeological dig.)"

In context of your rendition of the CSN-LoSS front, this point was absolutely irrelevant yet you purposely gave it some importance. The fact that you are [i]still[/i] butt hurt that we hit your allies and they screwed the pooch regarding the original peace-plan is very telling. But please, continue your outrage and disdain over it.

[quote]Alright, you have me here. I forgot it was actually you guys that hit LoSS to which this only makes you look even worse then before.[/quote]

You seriously didn't know that? Why would LoSS's ODP ally [i]defend[/i] LoSS for any other reason except being attacked by CSN? :huh:

[quote]Right, it happened to be highly convenient that GATO was out of the war and could not reenter to help out LoSS and DT for your extortion. Clearly this is lol worthy.[/quote]

You are really bad at this, but it makes you more precious. GATO peaced out on February 2nd. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=98115

No terms.

We demanded terms from DT because we were petty, not because we had some eternal vendetta against GATO and wanted to keep LoSS in perma-war. :rolleyes:

[quote]At this point with this massive wall of text you are so far off the point that its not even worth dissecting.[/quote]

I'm disappointed that you're giving up so easily. But you're right, those logs were obviously doctored and don't point out the fact that LoSS didn't relay to DT that it was trying to peace out and, instead, asked DT to enter. Yep, way off.

[quote]You are missing the main point that the fact remains that CSN is still a terrible alliance and you all have done jack !@#$ to change this.[/quote]

Bravo; such a convincing argument should be commended.

[b]"And more so the main point is refuting that somehow we owe CSN something for something that they did years ago after the fact that they screwed our friend's allies over along with pissing on our friends and us at the same time."
[/b]
When did we [i]ever[/i] say you owed us for what we did? Us entering the war for you wasn't a favor; it was our duty as per our treaty to enter the war at your side. After the war, any and all duty GATO had to CSN ended when the MDP was cancelled via our surrender terms. And pissing on your friends and you at the same time? Please. DT were the ones facing stupid reparations, yet they didn't !@#$%* and moan nearly as others. GATO would probably benefit from taking a peek at DT's playbook; it might give you all some testicular fortitude.

[b]"Also as a Disclaimer, GATO currently still dislikes CSN and officially does not want to roll them at this particular point in time. We gave that grudge up after the last war and have moved on."[/b]

Generally when you continuously bring these kind of things up and are constantly fired up about it, it means you're not over it. Just [generally] sayin'.

Invicta Leader 1: Acquire CSN, lose NPO. Check.
Invicta Leader 2: Wait....$&#@
Invicta Leader 3: Is there an undo button? %$*#, now what?
Invicta Leader 1: I don't know.
Invicta Leader 2: WELL, FIND IT.
Invicta Leader 3: Ask SOS Brigade, they are like the most awesome alliance in this game.
Invicta Leader 1: They said they are too busy selling infra to earn extra cash.
Invicta Leader 2: We are &$#*#*# then.
Invicta Leader 3: We've always been $&#@*#.
Invicta Leader 2: Good point.

SOM, you're gonna make his head explode. :)

edit:

[quote]Invicta Leader 1: Acquire CSN, lose NPO. Check.
Invicta Leader 3: Ask SOS Brigade, they are like the most awesome alliance in this game.
Invicta Leader 2: Good point. [/quote]

Steve Buscemi: I haven't a clue.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1334467309' post='2953636']
[/quote]

Well, when you put it like that, it seems a lot worse than it did at the time -_-

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1334467309' post='2953636']
[/quote]

Like we asked if there was an undo button. ^_^

Edited by President Gunn