A Brief Announcement from Umbrella

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1332938084' post='2944298']
Just for the record but you're saying if NEW engaged in the ghosting activities to the extent DH have been this war; you would find that sufficient cause to roll them? And we're not seeing the hypocrisy here or are we just pretending that once you get to a certain point double standards stop mattering?
[/quote]
I didn't say anything about the decisions of individuals in the alliances comprising DoomHouse.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1332955839' post='2944387']
I didn't say anything about the decisions of individuals in the alliances comprising DoomHouse.
[/quote]

Well good, because it would certainly defeat your premise.

Now all we need is someone to bring it up.

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332927137' post='2944258']
Lololol I love how pissed you get.
[/quote]

Well when a direct ally of GOONS cheers for Kaskus (thus violating your treaty, btw) and then calls me out for supposed wrongdoings, I get a little upset.

[quote name='Daikos' timestamp='1332953640' post='2944372']
I've heard from a friend that knows a guy who once met a member of GOONS that all they care about is peacefully building their nations. They hate war and will do anything possible to avoid it. They cherish their nations more than life itself. All of this is true because I heard it from a guy.
[/quote]
This is true.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1332959329' post='2944401']
Well when a direct ally of GOONS cheers for Kaskus (thus violating your treaty, btw) and then calls me out for supposed wrongdoings, I get a little upset.
[/quote]

I didn't really interpret his comment as cheering for Kaskus (edit: it sounded like sarcasm to me). It's more the people we're hitting are NEW members ghosting Kaskus. So in that aspect - we are hitting NEW. And Europa (at least, you and Bernkastel) are cheering for that, which is confusing to say the least.

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[quote name='Balder' timestamp='1332938084' post='2944298']
Just for the record but you're saying if NEW engaged in the ghosting activities to the extent DH have been this war; you would find that sufficient cause to roll them? And we're not seeing the hypocrisy here or are we just pretending that once you get to a certain point double standards stop mattering?
[/quote]
C'mon Balder, Doomhouse and MK have been very clear and consistent in their morals. Essentially, it's only fair if [b]they[/b] do it, duh. They've been very consistent in their support of a double standard and their right to call people meanie-head cheaters for being copycats.

[/quote]

How does 1 member giving his opinion on a situation warrant violating a treaty?

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1332959676' post='2944404']
I didn't really interpret his comment as cheering for Kaskus (edit: it sounded like sarcasm to me). It's more the people we're hitting are NEW members ghosting Kaskus. So in that aspect - we are hitting NEW. And Europa (at least, you and Bernkastel) are cheering for that, which is confusing to say the least.
[/quote]

They're midwar ghosts, not NEW. I have no love for Kaskus or those who would ghost it to hurt my dear allies in GOONS and my friends in Umbrella. I'm not going to pretend to be neutral because some members wanted to hop AAs to get some fighting in.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1332959920' post='2944408']
They're midwar ghosts, not NEW. I have no love for Kaskus or those who would ghost it to hurt my dear allies in GOONS and my friends in Umbrella. I'm not going to pretend to be neutral because some members wanted to hop AAs to get some fighting in.
[/quote]

Well, it remains to be seen if they jump back to NEW when the war is over. My guess is that most, if not all, will hop right back to NEW with no consequences or accountability for what they did.

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332942772' post='2944316']
In BFF only Europa is tied to GOONS. And unfortunately for NEW, Europa cares more about GOONS than NEW.
[/quote]

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332943620' post='2944320']
Sad but true :(
Ofcourse the rest of BFF likes NEW more.
[/quote]

Your erection is showing, you may want to cover that up. Stop pretending you know anything about our inner workings and go back to being a nobody in Non Grata. It makes me sad they let somebody like you into their alliance, but I guess that was their choice. Did you tell them you were forcibly removed from FEAR? Or did they just assume you were that awful?

edit:

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1332960075' post='2944410']
Well, it remains to be seen if they jump back to NEW when the war is over. My guess is that most, if not all, will hop right back to NEW with no consequences or accountability for what they did.
[/quote]

That's the nature of the beast sometimes, I suppose. Still, until they are under the NEW AA, I feel no reason to feign neutrality in this conflict.

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

[/quote]
I never cheered for Kaskus. AAAAAAAAAAGGGG has it right.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1332960105' post='2944411']
Your erection is showing, you may want to cover that up. Stop pretending you know anything about our inner workings and go back to being a nobody in Non Grata. It makes me sad they let somebody like you into their alliance, but I guess that was their choice. Did you tell them you were forcibly removed from FEAR? Or did they just assume you were that awful?
[/quote]
I just know this from experience, from when I was FEAR Chancellor and Europa dual member. I don't think it has changed all that much the last few months.
And yeah they know. I got 3 ribbons for it and a cake.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1332952039' post='2944367']
Ya know, I read the first three pages, and I can't understand any complaining about this. GOONS has no nations in range of the nation, so they asked for help from their ally who has an abundance of nations in range, and like a good ally, they obliged - and did it by declaring war, not ghosting (which I prefer, personally). If you're going to attack something in this topic, laugh at GOONS for being !@#$%* nation builders.
[/quote]

People love to "read in between the lines", I think most of the claims that people make about other alliances are self-perpetuated non-sense that is engrained in OWF politics. Nobody with half of a wit sees this as some categorical breakdown or failure for GOONS except for maybe what you mentioned. Those who like to play in the sand will always play in the sand.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1332920256' post='2944215']
I seem to remember VE and MK getting involved in NSO and Legions dance over similar unreasonableness to find peace, could it happen again?
[/quote]

That hurts, Merrie. How could you compare us to Legion?

[quote name='Spaarlaamp' timestamp='1332961208' post='2944419']
I never cheered for Kaskus. AAAAAAAAAAGGGG has it right.

I just know this from experience, from when I was FEAR Chancellor and Europa dual member. I don't think it has changed all that much the last few months.
And yeah they know. I got 3 ribbons for it and a cake.
[/quote]

You cheered for NEW members ghosting Kaskus. You weren't cheering for their fantastic nation growth or their friendly nation names, you were cheering for their warfighting abilities and their changing of AAs to hit your direct ally, GOONS.

You also thought I was conspiring with Fark when you were in FEAR to get you removed, never once stopping to think that you were being removed because you did an awful job with being diplomatic, embarrassed our entire coalition, and acted like a spoiled 12 year old girl when people disagreed with you. I'm glad you're having fun in Non Grata. I guess they weren't as "Immature" as you claimed they would be.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1332962448' post='2944431']
You cheered for NEW members ghosting Kaskus. You weren't cheering for their fantastic nation growth or their friendly nation names, you were cheering for their warfighting abilities and their changing of AAs to hit your direct ally, GOONS.

You also thought I was conspiring with Fark when you were in FEAR to get you removed, never once stopping to think that you were being removed because you did an awful job with being diplomatic, embarrassed our entire coalition, and acted like a spoiled 12 year old girl when people disagreed with you. I'm glad you're having fun in Non Grata. I guess they weren't as "Immature" as you claimed they would be.
[/quote]
I didn't cheer for NEW members ghosting Kaskus, I merely said that if more NEW members joined Kaskus this war might get interesting (bigger and more even-sided).

And I thought you were conspiring with Fark? What? Why?
Oh and NG is very immature. :laugh:

[/quote]
That's not how I read it either. Kaskus/NEW have a long and....complicated...relationship with NG. We've had many members in both alliances and Deja Vu (iirc). We respect their fearlessness and war/raid skills.

With that said, any nation hitting our direct ally can still burn. In the case of Kaskus, I'm sure they are happy to increase their casualty count. :smug:

[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1332949441' post='2944356']
What objectives did GOONS hope to complete? Attack Mongols > ??? > Profit. Heh, how much reps have they gotten from that stone? Instead, they bleed NS, so their puppet master has to call in their allies.

Meanwhile, MONGOLS have completed their objective of stopping the raids on their friend. And all with just a little heroic sacrifice of their NS and some help from their friends.
But GOONS claim they aren't losing...
[/quote]

Holy !@#$ I am agreeing with a Goon. This is a complete PR nightmare.

[quote name='Vukland' timestamp='1332966522' post='2944462']
Holy !@#$ I am agreeing with a Goon. This is a complete PR nightmare.
[/quote]
Good sir, you might want to rethink the tone with which the Goon you quoted made his post.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1332967166' post='2944467']
If GOONS love raiding and war and such so much, why dont they like and respect Kaskus and Mongols effort here and sign white peace? Because let's face it, no matter how many DH members post here, most of Bob sees this as a PR disaster.
[/quote]
If most of Bob jumped off a bridge, would you jump too?

[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1332949441' post='2944356']
What objectives did GOONS hope to complete? Attack Mongols > ??? > Profit. Heh, how much reps have they gotten from that stone? Instead, they bleed NS, so their puppet master has to call in their allies.

Meanwhile, MONGOLS have completed their objective of stopping the raids on their friend. And all with just a little heroic sacrifice of their NS and some help from their friends.
But GOONS claim they aren't losing...
[/quote]

Heh. It's great, I love this new preemptive add-sarcasm/strawman-fallacy commentary style. It's surely going to become the rage all over the forums. It's so witty and mature. And easy on the peanut gallery, too. You don't even have to participate, just stand back and watch a one-sided hipster styled self-contained circus run amok presenting arguments to themselves in that mocking tone we all know and love. Do it enough, and it just steamrolls over any other noise made by others. It'll just prove to those people who have those opinions that you're smarter than they are by stating their [i]very own[/i] opinions and doing it in wry comedic fashion. A marvelous exploration of avant-garde propaganda! GOONS should really thank MK for this new form of humorist gold. It's brilliant, you don't even have to engage others to put them down, just make fun of them with your friends loud enough for everyone to hear. Not only is it a scathing parody of that very same tactic oft favored by junior-high cliques, but it's totally funny, too. That'll show 'em!

Edited by Kzoppistan