KARMA always comes full circle!

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1332455051' post='2941780']
Good luck Reviler. Enjoy your exit. You were a good comrade and I wish you nothing but the best.
[/quote]

Wait you know him and consider him a friend

Wont be long before GOONs asks for reps from you for helping him get to his current NS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another inconsequential one-man AA declares war on us, this is indeed newsworthy. And certainly very alarming.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332452375' post='2941758']
Since when is someone having the balls to declare war on someone much bigger than them reason people would want to drive them away? We need more people willing to declare war for what they believe is right, not less.
[/quote]

Yes, he's brave because he's going to war with us on his way out of this realm. :rolleyes:

Good luck to the OP in your war, enjoy wrecking some goons. Regardless this is starting to remind a little bit of Roguefest, if I decided to keep it going until victory maybe it would of worked.
[/quote]

Talk about illusions of grandeur; in no way, shape, or form would any of your efforts have yielded victory.

Also maybe the chain reaction will continue here with more people attacking GOONS, as it seems the big target sign on GOONs everyone wants to hit is still there.
[/quote]

Everyone? A gaggle of disgruntled nations everyone does not make. Of course, it's entirely possible that you of all people speak for all of Planet Bob (/sarcasm), in which case I await the tides and tides of nations that will immobalize against the tyrannical Goon menace.

[quote name='Mr Havok' timestamp='1332456040' post='2941791']
Wait you know him and consider him a friend

Wont be long before GOONs asks for reps from you for helping him get to his current NS
[/quote]
We don't need any reps from npl, we took plenty outta their hides in the last war :D

We need more people willing to declare war for what they believe is right, not less.
[/quote]
It's funny because when we do this, we're bullies and cowards.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffL7.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332471068' post='2941995']
It's funny because when we do this, we're bullies and cowards.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffL7.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
You guys declare on alliances or individuals way smaller than yourselves, then ask huge reps from those your attacking rather than let them go after you've had your fun. As apparently the fun part for you guys seems to be trying to extra reps from those you fight or make them jump through hoops doing work to entertain you guys for peace. You guys try to take the fun out of war by making the penalties for anyone trying or assisting anyone you're attacking harsh enough to try deterring anyone from attempting to fight back against you guys. So that's not the same as having fun using the war system every once in a while by getting a little aggressive, you guys seem to get your real fun by trying to get unreasonable demands out of alliances, along with anyone who might send them aid or assist them.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332507617' post='2942120']
You guys declare on alliances or individuals way smaller than yourselves
[/quote]
So this is the final factor? You can only stand up for your principles if you attack people larger than yourself? When you attack someone larger you're brave and courageous, but if you attack someone smaller no matter what the motivation (like them aiding nations you're at war with), you're always a coward? I guess that just confirms the vibe I've been picking up since I got here. That seems to be how our detractors think in a nutshell.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL8.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1332507819' post='2942122']
So this is the final factor? You can only stand up for your principles if you attack people larger than yourself? When you attack someone larger you're brave and courageous, but if you attack someone smaller no matter what the motivation (like them aiding nations you're at war with), you're always a coward? I guess that just confirms the vibe I've been picking up since I got here. That seems to be how our detractors think in a nutshell.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL8.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
No, its the part where you try extorting money out of anyone who tries fighting back. If you attack them they should fight back and so should their allies, but if you're the one being aggressive to start the whole incident you shouldn't be trying to extract reps. There is such as thing as ending a war with both sides just agreeing it was a good fight, but dragging it out further is pointless and nobody needs to punish the other alliance beyond the damage already done to them on the battlefield. Most alliance understand they're getting declared on when they hit somebodies allies, then just wish each other a fun fight as they pound away at each other for a bit, then let it end knowing they did at least as much damage to the other alliance as was done to them.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332508135' post='2942123']
No, its the part where you try extorting money out of anyone who tries fighting back. If you attack them they should fight back and so should their allies, but if you're the one being aggressive to start the whole incident you shouldn't be trying to extract reps.
[/quote]
Your opinion of when reps are appropriate is noted, but we disagree. And we have a longstanding policy which we always remind everyone of and uphold. So if people continue to ignore it and attack us thinking we won't charge them reps, they have only themselves to blame. We can hardly be blamed for the actions of others.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

If your going to take someone out at least have the brains and detection to do it the right way. Running your nation head long into them is as others have pointed out a "brilliant political move." May I suggest a different avenue for reaching your goal of ending GOONS?

Scenario 1: Since it seems that there are a great deal of "anti goons" people out there, join together and start an alliance. Build yourselves up in terms of NS/Nukes/WarChest work to sign treaties with plenty of meat shield alliances (this comes in handy with dealing with GOONS allies) once you have lets say 100-200 members with 2K tech each and 2500 to 5000 nukes, and each nation has say 250 million war chest, sell your infra, accuse GOONS of spying (not hard to prove that one) and attack them.

Pros- Gives you the all out knock em dead you get only this time in mass!

Cons- This plan will take around 2 years to pull off.

Scenario 2: Get 5-6 anti GOONS nations to join GOONS, work as hard as you can to become the best members in the alliance, move your way up in rank until your able to pull off a coup. Mass message members that your going to war with Umbrella/MK/VE (I'd prefer you hit VE) and enjoy as GOONS is ripped apart from the inside out.

Pros- This one makes for lots of drama and is fun to watch.

Cons- This requires you to join GOONS.

Scenario 3 (My favorite)- All of you join lots of different alliances, continue as said in scenario 2, only this time use multiple alliances to take GOONS out.

Pros- More bang for your buck.

Cons- Requires more time and coordination.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1332508584' post='2942127']
If your going to take someone out at least have the brains and detection to do it the right way. Running your nation head long into them is as others have pointed out a "brilliant political move." May I suggest a different avenue for reaching your goal of ending GOONS?

Scenario 1: Since it seems that there are a great deal of "anti goons" people out there, join together and start an alliance. Build yourselves up in terms of NS/Nukes/WarChest work to sign treaties with plenty of meat shield alliances (this comes in handy with dealing with GOONS allies) once you have lets say 100-200 members with 2K tech each and 2500 to 5000 nukes, and each nation has say 250 million war chest, sell your infra, accuse GOONS of spying (not hard to prove that one) and attack them.

Pros- Gives you the all out knock em dead you get only this time in mass!

Cons- This plan will take around 2 years to pull off.

Scenario 2: Get 5-6 anti GOONS nations to join GOONS, work as hard as you can to become the best members in the alliance, move your way up in rank until your able to pull off a coup. Mass message members that your going to war with Umbrella/MK/VE (I'd prefer you hit VE) and enjoy as GOONS is ripped apart from the inside out.

Pros- This one makes for lots of drama and is fun to watch.

Cons- This requires you to join GOONS.

Scenario 3 (My favorite)- All of you join lots of different alliances, continue as said in scenario 2, only this time use multiple alliances to take GOONS out.

Pros- More bang for your buck.

Cons- Requires more time and coordination.
[/quote]
Rather than join GOONS, people could join MK or Umbrella as they try getting them to cancel Doomhouse. Also people could do the same with PB alliances, as they try causing GOONS to lose support from their allies. Then they could still mass message rumors of war if things don't go well in influencing their alliance to cancel any treaties with GOONS or Doomhouse. Since GOONS don't have many large nations, the most damage that can really be done by going after GOONS directly is cause them to fall through on their tech deals, making them lose reliability on that. Doomhouse will help them rebuild with aid from any damage, but if people could make Doomhouse fall apart along with Pandora, then start pressuring any allies they have to also cancel any treaties with anyone still allied to GOONS. Then people could start setting things in motion to take GOONS out after they've been isolated more, either from their allies dropping them or those who stay allied to GOONS getting dropped by most alliances.

I doubt joining GOONS would have much of an effect, as they probably keep most of their members in the dark on most stuff and don't have a system where its easy to advance to gov with influence in the alliance. Democratic alliances or others where they have elected people running the alliance, if someone is load spoken towards a cause and others in the alliance agree with them, that could boost the load spoken person into an elected gov position faster or cause those in charge to go along with whats popular to maintain their position in the alliance.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1332509590' post='2942131']
Rather than join GOONS, people could join MK or Umbrella as they try getting them to cancel Doomhouse. Also people could do the same with PB alliances
[/quote]
Wow, all it would take to destroy DH and PB is for some low-seniority non-gov nations to join the other AAs and say "You should totally cancel on GOONs?" Why hasn't anyone tried this yet?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL9.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1332533068' post='2942271']
I will not!

My boat is float.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1332516360' post='2942161']
ABANDON SHIP
[/quote]

They wont sink a floater like goons

Edited by Alterego