[center][img]http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/Jacklint2/Competition.jpg[/img][/center]

I am not sure if RnR has had any kind of presence in TE before, but there is a first time for everything. I started the alliance on the first day of the round, and at the time Roman Empire was top dog. I recruited hard and now have grown to 21 members through my own fleet fingers.

I encourage anyone that is interested in growing as a player to join [url="http://tournament.cybernations.net/alliance_display.asp?ID=58"]RnR[/url] Once you have joined and changed your color to [color="#FF8C00"]ORANGE[/color] we will work on setting up a trade circle.

If you have any questions feel free to message me in game or on here. Also, feel free to join the [url="www.rnr-alliance.org"]RnR-Forums[/url] as a guest and talk to some of the members of the original SE alliance.

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Zq48u.png[/img][/center]

Edited by Dr William Westcher

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332454027' post='2941769']
Thank you :) And congratulations on NDO's successes so far! :)
[/quote]

Thank you sir! You guys aren't too far away from us. Seems like the new kids are taking over.. ;) Good luck bud! :)

[quote name='FearUnited' timestamp='1332469983' post='2941969']
Thank you sir! You guys aren't too far away from us. Seems like the new kids are taking over.. ;) Good luck bud! :)
[/quote]

And good luck to you! Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns you may have. I look forward to diplomatic relations with NDO.

Who says that Tournament Edition doesn't have politics? :smug:

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332536260' post='2942296']
And good luck to you! Feel free to PM me with any questions/concerns you may have. I look forward to diplomatic relations with NDO.

Who says that Tournament Edition doesn't have politics? :smug:
[/quote]

The Under dogs are now taking over ;) .. We will stay in touch my friend. We can add some politics and spice the game up this round.. Not be the old people and kill each other but have some team work :smug:

[quote name='FearUnited' timestamp='1332561025' post='2942489']
The Under dogs are now taking over ;) .. We will stay in touch my friend. We can add some politics and spice the game up this round.. Not be the old people and kill each other but have some team work :smug:
[/quote]

Thats the thing. People go into Tournament Edition with the mindset that they can just attack whoever because it doesn't' matter (which it technically doesn't) But in that same vein, Standard Edition doesn't matter either.

Yes, the round is very short. Yes, things get chaotic. But that doesn't mean that a certain amount of short-term foresight can't come into play.

I look forward to the aforementioned teamwork.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332566829' post='2942522']
Thats the thing. People go into Tournament Edition with the mindset that they can just attack whoever because it doesn't' matter (which it technically doesn't) But in that same vein, Standard Edition doesn't matter either.

Yes, the round is very short. Yes, things get chaotic. But that doesn't mean that a certain amount of short-term foresight can't come into play.[/quote]

Best thing I've read in a while.

[excluding admin's posts]

Edited by Overlord Wes

[quote name='Overlord Wes' timestamp='1332589002' post='2942572']
Best thing I've read in a while.

[excluding admin's posts]
[/quote]

Why thank you Wes :) I am glad to see some good activity surrounding round 21. Feel free to message me in-game any time you like.

Long live Synergy, and long live RnR! :v:

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332566829' post='2942522']

Yes, the round is very short. Yes, things get chaotic. But that doesn't mean that a certain amount of short-term foresight can't come into play.

I look forward to the aforementioned teamwork.
[/quote]
Best of luck to you all. Hope you guys stick around and learn.

Things really dont get chaotic until the end of the round. Or a massive down declare happens. Wars arent fought here like SE.
And question, how many rounds have you played TE?

EDIT: also, with TE wars.. You wont see them coming. There really arent reasons for wars.. other than stats line up

Double Edit: I echo what paul said.. RE hits whoever it wants whenever it wants.

Edited by Stelios

Best of luck and remember the size of the dog in the fight isn't as important as its bite.

The politics in TE are totally different.

OP hits whoever it wants whenever it wants.

Edited by paul711

[quote name='paul711' timestamp='1332720627' post='2943081']
Best of luck and remember the size of the dog in the fight isn't as important as its bite.[/quote]

I agree, hopefully we can muster the jaw strength to take on unspeakable odds :D
[quote]

OP hits whoever it wants whenever it wants.
[/quote]

Ballsy.

:ph34r:

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1332882680' post='2943799']
I agree, hopefully we can muster the jaw strength to take on unspeakable odds :D

Ballsy.

:ph34r:
[/quote]

Ballsy maybe but definately tge truth. Ask anyone.

[quote name='Stelios' timestamp='1332720295' post='2943076']
Best of luck to you all. Hope you guys stick around and learn.

Things really dont get chaotic until the end of the round. Or a massive down declare happens. Wars arent fought here like SE.
And question, how many rounds have you played TE?

EDIT: also, with TE wars.. You wont see them coming. There really arent reasons for wars.. other than stats line up

Double Edit: I echo what paul said.. RE hits whoever it wants whenever it wants.
[/quote]

Re-reading this thread makes me wonder how I didn't see this coming :D

This is my first TE round :) I may have underestimated the chaos a bit. Not to worry though, there is always round 22. Maybe I will go into it a bit smarter next time.

[quote name='Dr William Westcher' timestamp='1333750985' post='2949288']
Re-reading this thread makes me wonder how I didn't see this coming :D

This is my first TE round :) I may have underestimated the chaos a bit. Not to worry though, there is always round 22. Maybe I will go into it a bit smarter next time.
[/quote]

We have barely started the round. No need to throw in the towel so early. Most AA's (including OP) have been in the same position as yours at this point in the round and have hung around and thrived.

And the 50% infra/land repurchase makes all the difference.

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1333752899' post='2949320']
We have barely started the round. No need to throw in the towel so early. Most AA's (including OP) have been in the same position as yours at this point in the round and have hung around and thrived.

And the 50% infra/land repurchase makes all the difference.
[/quote]

Don't worry I wasn't throwing any towels in. I just dramatically misjudged the differences between TE and SE. Obviously, tournament edition is faster and harder; but the real difference is that you have to expect the unexpected. In standard edition, the politics moves so slowly that when an alliance makes an announcement its 9 times out of 10 a gov change or treaty ect. You could just pay your bills and back collect and not miss anything.

I got kicked out of my girlfriends and returned to a good 16k ns loss in the first few hours of the attack (cumulative, not my own)

Overall, I am liking the pace, I just wish someone would have warned me...

[quote]Best of luck and remember the size of the dog in the fight isn't as important as its bite.

OP hits whoever it wants whenever it wants.[/quote]

lawl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...