Clarification Request

The Landlord

Mixed Messages - or Not (See 1st Post)  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='admin' timestamp='1331640451' post='2937560']
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with CN:TE at this point. With membership waning the last few rounds and concerns that CN:TE is actually a drain on CN:Standard I'm going to give it some time before deciding next steps.
[/quote]
I've been heavily involved into recruiting and membership retaining efforts in the last few months and I'm pretty sure TE is not a drain.
I really believe TE has a hardcore membership of 400-500 and it's probably a rock bottom regarding the minimum numbers.

The game has improved recently, due to some of new features, introduced by you , so why to abandon it now?
However, a long delay might really kill the game :(

Yes, we'll do what we can at our end, but advertising is probably your area of expertise ;)

Edited by kongland

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with CN:TE at this point. With membership waning the last few rounds and concerns that CN:TE is actually a drain on CN:Standard I'm going to give it some time before deciding next steps.
[/quote]
Have kev I'm a old school player been around 6 years now TE is actually a distraction from TE I enjoy it very much actually makes me check forums more often and breaks up the monotony for myself... I am not involved with politics of se anymore And enjoy the fast pace of TE .
So if it doesn't cost u to much to run TE I would have to say it only helps se

RoadRash

It'll be too bad if TE does go down for good. Our SE alliance has consistently used TE for training purposes, since (1) we are peaceful in SE, outside of the annual global wars; and (2) there is no war-game system in SE that allows practice fights without actually destroying each others' nations. It's possible we've maintained a few SE players simply because we can offer TE as a place for frequent war (it's a good supplement to our peaceful SE lifestyle... if you are bored, just come over here). :v:

Understandable if the costs of the TE server are too much to justify the low number of players, though. Always knew it was inevitable.

Thanks for doing what you can, admin. Can't ask for anything more.

Edited by Richard VII

Kev, if you are not sure what to do with TE, just keep it as it is.

The recent changes are great. And the dynamics of TE are less about the game rules and more about the way us players play.

I echo what other have said as to draining SE. I know that we (my SE AA) has an number of players that have enjoyed TE and would likely enjoy SE less if not for TE.

I can honestly say that I am one of them.

I have been playing CN-SE for MANY years. And TE also.

But I can also say that I would likely lose my interest in SE if I did not have TE to play. It is already seriously waning. And I hear that from many other TE players.

Just leave TE the way it is and let "us" figure out how we move forward. Don't let our "!@#$%*ing" throw you off.

No matter what, thanks, Kevin! Best to you and your family.

Edited by Thomasj_tx

[quote name='Thomasj_tx' timestamp='1331691511' post='2937892']
Kev, if you are not sure what to do with TE, just keep it as it is.

But I can also say that I would likely lose my interest in SE if I did not have TE to play. It is already seriously waning. And I hear that from many other TE players.

Just leave TE the way it is and let "us" figure out how we move forward. Don't let our "!@#$%*ing" throw you off.

No matter what, thanks, Kevin! Best to you and your family.
[/quote]
I forgot to mention, that I keep a token nation in SE just to maintain my presense over there. TE is a game on it's own for me and I'm definitely not interested in SE at all.
With TE gone, quite a few extra nations in SE will be gone, including mine.

I've been skipping TE rounds, but I guess I'm addicted to TE, so I keep coming back.

[b]PS: if you decide to restore TE, please introduce a 5 days optional peace mode for young nations :D.

[/b]
You've made a warning shot, but really, if it's not a financial loss for you, please just let us do the rest of whatever we can do to help the game
to survive.

Thanks

I am 100% behind saving TE. We have been making changes over the rounds, and I believe we should continue that process to make it a better game. I think there remains a solid base of players that we can all continue to grow. TE provides a space for SE members to train for war. TE provides a different landscape for the entire community. It would be a shame to see things come to an end like this.

[quote name='kongland' timestamp='1331693069' post='2937902']
I forgot to mention, that I keep a token nation in SE just to maintain my presense over there. TE is a game on it's own for me and I'm definitely not interested in SE at all.
With TE gone, quite a few extra nations in SE will be gone, including mine.
[/quote]
Me too. SE is lame, TE is where it's at.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1331694695' post='2937914']
I am 100% behind saving TE. We have been making changes over the rounds, and I believe we should continue that process to make it a better game. I think there remains a solid base of players that we can all continue to grow. TE provides a space for SE members to train for war. TE provides a different landscape for the entire community. It would be a shame to see things come to an end like this.
[/quote]

'Ditto' save TE, only reason I play SE is because of TE.

I sent out pm to SE brothers I am resigning and sending tech to each, game is over for me with out TE.
Cowboy
Hoosier

Edited by Hoosierbud

[quote name='Hoosierbud' timestamp='1331652306' post='2937628']
In my opinion TE has been a wonderful addition to Cyber Nations. It has allowed me to understand the game better than SE. It has challenges that can not be the same as SE with an ending. The additions in TE and changes in the game have been brilliant.[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm one of the few people who only plays TE, because SE is too slow-moving and potentially demanding for me, as a college student, to handle. I enjoy the faster pace of TE, and the consequence-free nature of each 90-day round means that if I screw up or have to skip a round, it doesn't matter so much; I can shrug off mistakes or defeats that would cripple me in SE for years to come. I think TE helped me learn the game faster than SE, and without the burden the inevitable mistakes I made when crafting my first nation.

I've always found TE to be much more fun than SE, especially when the mechanics are changed each round to provide a new and interesting gameplay experience. If TE were shut down, I'd just leave Cybernations altogether.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with CN:TE at this point. With membership waning the last few rounds and concerns that CN:TE is actually a drain on CN:Standard I'm going to give it some time before deciding next steps.[/quote]
Can I send you some links to stuff I've been working on for the next round of TE? I put a lot of time into all that stuff, and there's a lot of it. I wouldn't do it if I didn't find it fun. Besides, SE sucks. I will never have the biggest or baddest nation over there. In TE I get a chance to do it all the time. That's not only fair, it's quality entertainment. Entertainment-wise, what SE is to soap operas, TE is the sports pages. It's more fun than SE.

I'm probably gone if TE goes. So please don't?

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1331743524' post='2938011']
If admin focuses more on SE instead of wasting time on a dwindling TE, then I'm okay with that.
[/quote]
I dunno. I kinda like how TE is the "testing ground" of sorts for SE.

I'm pretty much agreed with what everyone has already said, specifically Clash. SE is the drama, TE is the sports. I was just getting good at TE, and would be pretty bummed to see it go just because of low numbers. If it's a financial issue, then it's understandable though.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1331745883' post='2938022']
I dunno. I kinda like how TE is the "testing ground" of sorts for SE.

I'm pretty much agreed with what everyone has already said, specifically Clash. SE is the drama, TE is the sports. I was just getting good at TE, and would be pretty bummed to see it go just because of low numbers. If it's a financial issue, then it's understandable though.
[/quote]

But it's not really testing the grounds for SE, or we would have seen some significant changes within CN? Unless i'm missing them and haven't been paying attention to the changes within SE? Or are you meaning as in warfare skills?

I just think he should focus more on his bread and butter members than a few hundred, updating SE would be a good start, I don't see that happening while hes focusing on TE which is clearly ran its coarse.

I'm not hating on TE, I'm a player from round 1 and i enjoy it, but sometimes you just have to put that lame horse down. Its ran its coarse and these things happen.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1331748475' post='2938032']
But it's not really testing the grounds for SE, or we would have seen some significant changes within CN? Unless i'm missing them and haven't been paying attention to the changes within SE? Or are you meaning as in warfare skills?
[/quote]
Trade swapping is the big one that jumps to mind. Control of an AA is one that a decent number of folks [i]want[/i] moved over to SE.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1331748641' post='2938034']
Trade swapping is the big one that jumps to mind. Control of an AA is one that a decent number of folks [i]want[/i] moved over to SE.
[/quote]

1 out of how long has TE been running? I just don't see it as making a significant overhaul to SE.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1331748817' post='2938036']
1 out of how long has TE been running? I just don't see it as making a significant overhaul to SE.
[/quote]

That's why it's a testing ground. Some things will work, others won't. Trades worked.

Anyway, I'm not going to bicker with you about this here.

I would also like to see CN:TE back up as soon as possible as well. The reason I play SE is because of TE. If it wasn't for TE, I probably wouldn't have been playing SE. several times I was thinking about quitting SE because how dull it is over there. There isn't any action over in SE, while for TE there is a lot more things going on, and you also have a chance at making your nation become the strongest. The largest reason why I play SE is just so I can get donation deals sent to my TE account, and to also recruit people to play TE. If it wasn't for TE I probably wouldn't be still playing SE.

I'm wondering if my wife (as Grand Master of the CN-TE Ordo Paradoxia Cyber-Widows Organization) doesn't have something to do with this.

She acted really surprised....maybe too surprised, when I told her the terrible news. :ph34r:

NOTE: SIMULATED IMAGE - We are [i]much sexier [/i]in RL.

[img]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/10/article-2013253-0CF4D71600000578-685_468x444.jpg[/img]

I can't see how eliminating TE will do anything but hurt SE due to folks like myself (and obviously a lot of others) who primarily play TE but also maintain SE nations. I hate to say it, but I don't think just SE will keep a lot of us around.

Please Admin don't let TE die. I made the migration the other way around from TE (because it's absent) to SE. I hope to have a good experience at SE, but for what I had red, apparently TE is the best.

Anyway, regardless of what happens thanks for the years of joy in TE.

[quote name='Hoosierbud' timestamp='1331842204' post='2938476']
Every day I check in to see if TE has started up once again! At least they still have the OWF open for TE.
[/quote]

I do the same. Every day at update time. LOL

I was planning to create a nation this round! Have ran 2 alliances with the intent to teach SE nations warfare, TE is an asset to SE, keeping it only beneficts the game!