Merger Announcement: DnD(/TCU) & The Imperial Order

[img]http://images.wikia.com/cybernations/images/b/b1/Tcu4.png[/img]

[b]Merger Announcement: DnD(/TCU) & The Imperial Order[/b]

Today 3/5/2012, I announce the merge of DnD(/TCU) with TIO, The Imperial Order.

On July 23, 2010, A small but strong alliance NUF, an offshoot of the GDA, merged with TCU (The Conservative Underground) -
Some time after being involved in the PB-NpO war the alliance renamed to DnD – Drunk n Disorderly.

Today is not the end of the journey, only one completed chapter as we announce our merger with Imperia.

We close our doors with these statistics;
Total NS: 852,860
Avg NS:56,857
Infra: 140,872
Tech: 50,556
Nukes: 160

This merger was brought to membership vote and has been approved by myself and King Neil as government.

On behalf of our DnD/Tcu members, we hope that we only bring further prosperity to The Imperial Order as we are welcomed into our new alliance.

I’d like to say thanks to all of our friends and allies over the years, we even came to respect and become friends with some of our ‘foes’ in war. Stop by for a visit anytime..

As a new Imperial Commander of TIO, I look forward to working with Scorponok, Stagger, and the rest of TIO and her allies.

Galvatron of Vector Sigma

[CENTER][IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/11ky42v.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

On this day 5th March 2012, TIO says good bye to old allies and welcomes new brothers.

Today ushers in a new era for Imperia, one in which we welcome our oldest allies into our homes. So that together, we can continue to make a bright and fun future for our members.

I have had the pleasure of knowing TCU and later DnD since TIO's birth, they were our second allies and one of my longest friends. Galvatron is a good friend of mine and when they were looking for a new home, we both knew TIO would be that home. I look forward to working with them all more closely in Imperia.

No matter what trial TIO faced, TCU/DnD was 100% ready to back us up no matter what the consequences and the honour and courage they showed in the PB - NpO war, humbled us and warmed our hearts. We hope you will find your peace in TIO and together we can forge a stronger TIO.

The Drunk n Disorderly AA will be protected indefinitely or until all members of DnD have moved over to TIO.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/6z5x0j.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

o7 The Decepticons

[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1330982326' post='2934129']
I'm starting to suspect no one around here knows what indefinite means.
[/quote]
Actually we do, as long as their is a member of DnD(As recognized by us) on the DnD AA We will be protecting it - should one of their members choose to stay on the DnD AA and not come over then we will be protecting that nation until he chooses to vacate the AA

Congrats, you only further proved you don't know what indefinitely means.

Hint: it doesn't mean "forever"

Edit: Again, this isn't solely a fault with your alliance, it seems to be very widespread

Edited by Ameroca

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1330982917' post='2934142']
Where did I say forever?

[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/indefinite"]http://dictionary.re...owse/indefinite[/url] <-- that is the definition I'm going by...
[/quote]

[quote]not definite; without fixed or specified limit; unlimited: an indefinite number.[/quote]

So your protection isn't defined except for where it is (ie ends when everyone moves)

I know it seems like I'm being pedantic, but in treaties this is definitely the one place where you are supposed to be. I'm fairly sick of running around asking alliances with "indefinite protections" if those are still in effect.

Edited by Ameroca

[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1330982981' post='2934144']
So your protection isn't defined except for where it is (ie ends when everyone moves)
[/quote]
Its in the definition you quoted, its not a specified limit, we've given it a boundary that it will end at but its not specified because the nation can stay on the AA indefinitely it means our protection is indefinite

Edited by Dave93

I know it seems like I'm being pedantic, but in treaties this is definitely the one place where you are supposed to be. I'm fairly sick of running around asking alliances with "indefinite protections" if those are still in effect.
[/quote]

We apologize if by our extending protection over an Affiliation we have made things difficult for you. Now if you'll excuse us, we must go back to not giving a s@%#.

Edited by MitchellBade

[/quote]
I'll make this one easy for you then, if there is someone on the DnD AA we're protecting it

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1330983464' post='2934147']
Its in the definition you quoted, its not a specified limit, we've given it a boundary that it will end at but its not specified because the nation can stay on the AA indefinitely it means our protection is indefinite
[/quote]

A boundary isn't a specified limit?

Also, you gave a boundary that I most certainly respect; I just mentioned how I have to ask others about indefinite protections to show the misuse of indefinite is epidemic. Here, the ignorance is perfectly displayed in the silly "Our protection is undefined except where it is"

Anyway, I guess I should apologize for choosing this as the place of my soapbox, and congratulate your alliances and wish you luck.

Edited by Ameroca

It is disappointing to see DnD finally die, but it is less disappointing to see that Galv is still in gov.
[quote name='Ameroca' timestamp='1330983772' post='2934155']
A boundary isn't a specified limit?

Also, you gave a boundary that I most certainly respect; I just mentioned how I have to ask others about indefinite protections to show the misuse of indefinite is epidemic. Here, the ignorance is perfectly displayed in the silly "Our protection is undefined except where it is"

Anyway, I guess I should apologize for choosing this as the place of my soapbox, and congratulate your alliances and wish you luck.
[/quote]

Indefinite refers to an uncertain amount of time, so basically they aren't sure when they will stop protecting DnD, unless all of the members are gone from the AA. What they're saying is they're not making a commitment to protect the AA forever should people remain on it. You can have conditions to an indefinite period of time. You can have conditions with anything.

Indefinite is also not the same as undefined.