• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arizona?

Questions:

Which of you is secretly gay?
Who hates Mexicans?
Who is going to run for president and get beaten by Mastermindbama?
Who is going to stick their finger in Mastermindbama's face?
Which of you if going to die in the desert of dehydration trying to make it to the Mediocre Dream?

Edited by Avery du Troiseau

This has to be the most phantasmagorical yet orgasmical things I've seen in the past few months (if only most of had but a shard of relevance on this planet.)

Either way, best of luck and hope you enjoy embarking on the 'new frontier', I guarantee you it won't end up much differently than the current one.

Edited by Elrich von Richt

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1330541557' post='2930689']
Who are these alliances?
[/quote]

I bet they're asking the same thing about you. :rolleyes:

(R.I.P. HYDRA)

Edited by sammykhalifa

[quote name='Domingo the Honored' timestamp='1330479011' post='2930290']
A group of five alliances with little individual effect on the world come together and name themselves after one of the very worst states in the union.

This is a bloc I can get behind.
[/quote]
Really this sums it up

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1330511153' post='2930576']
Congratulations to all alliances involved in this enterprise, particularly NEAT.

People should stop making out that there is a contradiction or moral problem between communism and christianity. Both teach similar moral precepts- look out for the poor and needy, strive for peace before war, greed is bad, and so on. Christians who actually follow the teachings of Jesus would find more in common with a communist than with a conservative.

And communists themselves should not be hostile to religion, unless they are seeking to establish a totalitarian police state that requires a monopoly on people's faith. As Marx said;

[i]Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.[/i]
[/quote]

[b]This.[/b] Christianity and anarchism blends as well. Read about Dorothy Day. Anyway, I am glad to be in communion with all these cool alliances. I hope we can grow together stronger and bolder in our ideals.

Peace.

[quote name='Les Paul Supreme' timestamp='1330531235' post='2930625']
[img]http://z5.ifrm.com/5917/184/0/e25939//e25939.gif[/img] Have a read of Acts 2:44-45 if you don't believe me :P
[/quote]
[OOC]Odd then that the Catholic Church is so rich, wouldn't you say?[/OOC]

Anyway, good luck with the bloc, seems like an odd grouping to me.

[quote name='MutedFaith' timestamp='1330509796' post='2930569']
Thanks for the heads up on this UCR and NEAT.

Ohwait. :wacko:
[/quote]
Well we wanted to surprise our overlords by throwing them a curb ball. Don't worry about it too much.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1330511153' post='2930576']
Congratulations to all alliances involved in this enterprise, particularly NEAT.

People should stop making out that there is a contradiction or moral problem between communism and christianity. Both teach similar moral precepts- look out for the poor and needy, strive for peace before war, greed is bad, and so on. Christians who actually follow the teachings of Jesus would find more in common with a communist than with a conservative.

And communists themselves should not be hostile to religion, unless they are seeking to establish a totalitarian police state that requires a monopoly on people's faith. As Marx said;

[i]Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.[/i]
[/quote]
This is definitely someone who deserves to be listened to.

Convenient then, that we didn't form this group for purposes of appealing to the masses, but rather for purposes that we ourselves understand and agree on.

The success of Arizona is not in any way dependent on whether or not outsiders agree with, like, or understand.

We spent months pouring over every detail, and hammering out something that we are all proud of and in total agreement with.

Although it may be listed as an ODP, our commitment to each other is no less than that found in any MDP treaty in CN.

How many longstanding MDP partners dropped their treaties with NPO when the first shots of Karma were fired? So don't speak to me as if ODP means less.

In our case, ODP means more, because we choose to stand together despite our various outside friendships, whether that be ties to NpO, Legacy, Apparatus, or International.

Our bond is proven strong, because any of us could have walked away easily at any point prior to this announcement without any loss of face, but each of us continued to put in the effort and commitment to push on and make this a reality.

I do not care what the haters among you think, nor do I have any interest in having a pissing contest to try to prove our worth to you.

I know some of you like to go around calling everything outside of your club as irrelevant.

Well, this is our club now, and to us, many of you are irrelevant.

And to put on a post that you have never heard of any of these alliances... Then you really do have your head in the sand.

CCC has been around for years. I knew of them within the first few months of my time in CN.

I know many of these same posters to this thread were also posting to previous policy announcements from NEAT.

And I'm glad you've never heard of Terran Empire. It means my plan is working. You just keep right on not knowing who we are as we continue to grow bigger.

Arizona is not some short-term project. It will be here for a long time to come, whether you understand it or not.

Edited by Yuurei

[quote name='Avery du Troiseau' timestamp='1330536956' post='2930659']
Arizona?Questions:Which of you is secretly gay?Who hates Mexicans?Who is going to run for president and get beaten by Mastermindbama?Who is going to stick their finger in Mastermindbama's face?Which of you if going to die in the desert of dehydration trying to make it to the Mediocre Dream?
[/quote]1. Since your so curious, I'll check around and get back to you on that. ;)
2. This is Pre-Arizona Arizona. So we don't distinguish. :P
3. We were going to nominate you, actually...
4. You?
5. That would probably be me, I always forget something and it would probably be water in my case.

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1330541557' post='2930689']
Who are these alliances?
[/quote]We are, that we are.

[quote name='sammykhalifa' timestamp='1330543418' post='2930704']
I bet they're asking the same thing about you. :rolleyes:(R.I.P. HYDRA)
[/quote]Heh I lol'd (RIP Hydra)

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1330549623' post='2930763']
Congrats, but come on this is an ODP.
[/quote]Sounds like your green with envy. Get it?! I get it!

Oh yeah and way to go Yuurei! Thanks for leading the charge to get this exciting bloc off the ground. Ditat Deus!!!

Edited by wes the wise

[quote name='Yuurei' timestamp='1330572351' post='2930956']
Convenient then, that we didn't form this group for purposes of appealing to the masses, but rather for purposes that we ourselves understand and agree on.

The success of Arizona is not in any way dependent on whether or not outsiders agree with, like, or understand.

We spent months pouring over every detail, and hammering out something that we are all proud of and in total agreement with.

Although it may be listed as an ODP, our commitment to each other is no less than that found in any MDP treaty in CN.

How many longstanding MDP partners dropped their treaties with NPO when the first shots of Karma were fired? So don't speak to me as if ODP means less.

In our case, ODP means more, because we choose to stand together despite our various outside friendships, whether that be ties to NpO, Legacy, Apparatus, or International.

Our bond is proven strong, because any of us could have walked away easily at any point prior to this announcement without any loss of face, but each of us continued to put in the effort and commitment to push on and make this a reality.

I do not care what the haters among you think, nor do I have any interest in having a pissing contest to try to prove our worth to you.

I know some of you like to go around calling everything outside of your club as irrelevant.

Well, this is our club now, and to us, many of you are irrelevant.

And to put on a post that you have never heard of any of these alliances... Then you really do have your head in the sand.

CCC has been around for years. I knew of them within the first few months of my time in CN.

I know many of these same posters to this thread were also posting to previous policy announcements from NEAT.

And I'm glad you've never heard of Terran Empire. It means my plan is working. You just keep right on not knowing who we are as we continue to grow bigger.

Arizona is not some short-term project. It will be here for a long time to come, whether you understand it or not.
[/quote]

This is just so well said that I had to quote it just as a bump.

[quote name='Yuurei' timestamp='1330572351' post='2930956']I know some of you like to go around calling everything outside of your club as irrelevant.[/quote]

Best one-line commentary on what often happens on the OWF that I've read in a long time. I haven't actually thought about it in that way, but it's absolutely true. With insight like that, Arizona should be fine.

Let's make one thing clear: This is not 2009. I know some of you seem to think so, but I swear it isn't.

MDPs are no longer the treaty of choice for the intelligent alliance. Treaty chaining really just doesn't happen, and you don't need to look past the last major war to see how what would normally be a long treaty chain through a BLOC completely being broken apart by other interests.

I think that an ODP BLOC is an intelligent choice to make. You've got alliances that have similar values and goals banding together to provide security. An attacking alliance would have to acquire a good deal of intelligence on the inner workings of each alliance in the BLOC to figure out who is going to exercise their ODP and who won't. And an ODP isn't nearly as valueless as it was in the days of the clean(ish) treaty web -- there are a lot more alliances (The Apparatus included) who have exercised an ODP under legitimate circumstances, and changed the complexion of a conflict.

So go ahead and beat up on these folks for going the ODP route, but you're basically just reminding the rest of us that you are living in Bob long-past. Next you're going to tell us that no one on Red Team can be tech raided.