Let a goon talk long enough . . .

Schattenmann

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330426521' post='2929929']
What do you mean, Charles? Umbrella has no STA nations to hit lol. I think STA could definitely roll GOONS if they wanted to; it just takes a bit of planning. :) Of course, it wouldn't be doable alone.
[/quote]

I meant GOONs/S or whatever the resident pack of mutts are called should throw away their umbrella. Then we can see how tough they really are.

It's a non-factor. They'll need the aid even if STA attacks them with help and it won't be as fast as coming without someone going nuts over it. :) STA, TPF, UE, etc. The thing is, most of the offensive fizzled after the first week or two the last time they were mass attacked. If that doesn't happen this time, they're in a world of pain.

DH doesn't have Roq to kick around anymore.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1330425937' post='2929927']
They are people just as much as you are at least, also a lot of people tech deal with those who would be considered raid-able under goons policy. After you guys have attacked a nation unprovoked that doesn't give your alliance the right to force people to stop being able to send any money to these nations or do further tech deals. When you decide your rights extend to infringe upon the rights of others, then that's when it ceases to be within your proper rights and you're giving everyone a CB better than the ones you guys used to attack you guys regardless of treaties.
[/quote]
Nah.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1330428312' post='2929935']
That's twice now I've seen you use that particular line. Careful, proclaiming that a nation (or group of) is not worthy simply because you don't agree with how they conduct their FA is likely and can easily be turned right around on you. Better stick to your following statement.
[/quote]
Yes because I've totally held that stance and stated it publicly for only those two times and not my entire career. I'm not overly concerned with it's effects on our FA, thanks for your "concern" though.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330434175' post='2929953']
It's a non-factor. They'll need the aid even if STA attacks them with help and it won't be as fast as coming without someone going nuts over it. :) STA, TPF, UE, etc. The thing is, most of the offensive fizzled after the first week or two the last time they were mass attacked. If that doesn't happen this time, they're in a world of pain.
[/quote]

No no. You're right that it's a non-factor, but wrong about the reasons. Why in the world would STA attack GOONS over something like this? Please stop speculating about STA attacking GOONS. For god's sake, we just finished receiving the biggest beating of our existence, cancelled a very big deal treaty, and are trying to figure out our own path. You can't possibly believe we're going to be talked into something like this.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1330434892' post='2929958']
No no. You're right that it's a non-factor, but wrong about the reasons. Why in the world would STA attack GOONS over something like this? Please stop speculating about STA attacking GOONS. For god's sake, we just finished receiving the biggest beating of our existence, cancelled a very big deal treaty, and are trying to figure out our own path. You can't possibly believe we're going to be talked into something like this.
[/quote]

You're not. It's just me addressing the hypothetical scenario since they are saying you wouldn't be able to do it. Me stating you have the capacity to do it isn't the same as "go get em tigers."

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1330434892' post='2929958']
[/quote]
No, you see Roquentin has a natural 20 in charisma, all he has to do is pass a simple Diplomacy check to get you to attack us. :v:

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330435083' post='2929965']
It's sad I have more confidence in you than you do.
[/quote]

Yes, clearly, that's the situation here. You know us and our little corner of the web so well that you've already figured it all out for us. My mistake, Roquentin.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1330435515' post='2929968']
Yes, clearly, that's the situation here. You know us and our little corner of the web so well that you've already figured it all out for us. My mistake, Roquentin.
[/quote]

Not really. I just stated the logistical possibility of conducting a war against GOONS. That is all. You can do whatever you want. I mean, the UE thing had some potential to flare up, so it's worth taking into consideration.

edit: I mean, I'd appreciate if you didn't go after the guy who is sticking up for you as opposed to the people who are saying "You can't do anything about it hahahahahaha."

I apologize for any potential misunderstandings in advance.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330435619' post='2929970']
Not really. I just stated the logistical possibility of conducting a war against GOONS. That is all. You can do whatever you want. I mean, the UE thing had some potential to flare up, so it's worth taking into consideration.

edit: I mean, I'd appreciate if you didn't go after the guy who is sticking up for you as opposed to the people who are saying "You can't do anything about it hahahahahaha."

I apologize for any potential misunderstandings in advance.
[/quote]
Just because we take issue with Tyga's pissweak faux moral outrage does not mean we seek to roll STA either btw, before you go getting any ideas.

When did I will that? I'm not really sure what GOONS thinks of STA at all.

I just don't like GOONS because they are an extension of the Mushroom Kingdom so if they taunt someone, I'll call them on it.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1330415357' post='2929867']
Doesn't look like an emotional break down to me in the slightest, as much as you wish that to be the case, clearly this post is well formatted and made in a rational manner, or you could stop being mardy and trying to paint people like that when they make valid points against you, but i expect nothing less tbh especially from the likes of you.

"OHHHH NOESSS hes proving me to be an idiot, must character assassinate with crap about his emotional state!!!!!!!!" shut the hell up.

Que the usual idiots claiming I'm a schattenman clone or fan or something along they lines.
[/quote]
Sorry if I misrepresented myself: I didn't read what he said. All Schat posts say exactly the same thing. The only part I pay attention to is how long they are, so I know for how long to laugh. I have a formula that converts words typed to seconds laughed. Anyway, it's impossible to make me look like an idiot in this instance (other cases, it can sometimes be pretty easy). This debate revolves around the idea that it's okay to aid warring nations sometimes, but not all the time. GOONs does not hold that stance. That's pretty much the end of the debate. The fact that it spawned its own Schat thread with him trying to argue that different types of wars should be handled differently in regards to aiding warring nations is just hilarious. He could type 150,000 words (and probably enjoy it), and it would still be a laughable stance.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330438627' post='2929985']
When did I will that? I'm not really sure what GOONS thinks of STA at all.

I just don't like GOONS because they are an extension of the Mushroom Kingdom so if they taunt someone, I'll call them on it.
[/quote]

They think STA are a bunch of moralist windbags, we think they're a bunch of bullies who are too big for their britches. This does not mean either of us wants to attack the other. It's a healthy dislike.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1330438916' post='2929987']
They think STA are a bunch of moralist windbags, we think they're a bunch of bullies who are too big for their britches. This does not mean either of us wants to attack the other. It's a healthy dislike.
[/quote]

Those things usually develop into fights in terms of target selection when a war does happen. See: the previous war.

If it means anything, I have no actual dislike for STA as an alliance and we don't have any interest or reason to fight them. Sure, I think Tyga talks too much and the things he says are sometimes baffling, but a lot of individuals are like that (even amongst allies). If anything I think STA has improved recently after their last treaty cancellation.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1330438959' post='2929988']
Those things usually develop into fights in terms of target selection when a war does happen. See: the previous war.
[/quote]

Yeah, there are alliances out there STA dislikes a whole lot more than GOONS. Alliances who have actually directly wronged STA. I'm sure GOONS feels the same way. There are certainly alliances who we would clamor to fight. GOONS is not one of them.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1330439098' post='2929990']
Yeah, there are alliances out there STA dislikes a whole lot more than GOONS. Alliances who have actually directly wronged STA. I'm sure GOONS feels the same way. There are certainly alliances who we would clamor to fight.
[/quote]

I can think of one ;)

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330438829' post='2929986']
Sorry if I misrepresented myself: I didn't read what he said. All Schat posts say exactly the same thing. The only part I pay attention to is how long they are, so I know for how long to laugh. I have a formula that converts words typed to seconds laughed. Anyway, it's impossible to make me look like an idiot in this instance (other cases, it can sometimes be pretty easy). This debate revolves around the idea that it's okay to aid warring nations sometimes, but not all the time. GOONs does not hold that stance. That's pretty much the end of the debate. The fact that it spawned its own Schat thread with him trying to argue that different types of wars should be handled differently in regards to aiding warring nations is just hilarious. He could type 150,000 words (and probably enjoy it), and it would still be a laughable stance.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Apology accepted, don't let it happen again.