Let a goon talk long enough . . .

Schattenmann

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1330409231' post='2929802']
I'll take it as a "never". Also, pro-tip: "shut up" replies never work and just make you looks like someone who hasn't anything valid to say.
[/quote]

You can take that however you want. Allah knows you always do.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stonewall Jaxon' timestamp='1330409859' post='2929810']
I dare say that this "gotcha" has left even the DoomHouse posters speechless. That is, assuming they're not preoccupied with Roquentin right now.
[/quote]

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1330409987' post='2929814']
It's almost like there's some sort of radio silence of something. It's kind of nice.
[/quote]
...And now i'm back to not being involved. I rescind my digging it.

I just came to giggle at the latest Schat thread. I guess we had been losing our touch, since it had been a while since Schat had an emotional breakdown on our account. So it's good to see him revived. I'm also genuinely curious what percent of Schat's threads are about GOONs. Also, number of words: 1511. The extremely harsh terms we imposed on MONGOLS was a 1000 word essay. Just saying. Okay, toodles!
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisyayL3.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

Sorry to interrupt this self-congratulatory celebration of all things moral against the evil inconsistent goons but:
[quote]
Tech Raids and Alliance Wars are different things, and we have never said otherwise.
The difference is in the intent and the scope of the conflict. To argue that tech raids and wars are not waged differently is silly, they have different combat methods, different end points, and different motives.
We have never equated the two, except to the extent of which the policy governing both of those types of conflict, and indeed the third type of conflict, EoG enforcement, overlaps.
To writ:

We treat Tech Raids and Alliance wars the same in the following ways:
If an outside entity interferes, they are liable for the damages caused by the extent of the interference.
In both cases, the targets are attackable at any time by GOONS membership

We treat Tech Raids and Alliance wars differently in the following ways:
Tech Raids end when the raided joins an alliance, and the wars expire.
Alliance wars end (on an individual level) when an individual surrenders.
The motive in Tech Raids is profit, the motive in Alliance Wars is destruction.
In alliance wars, a government negotiates on behalf of the alliance, in tech raids, the raided have no diplomatic options but the mercy board or joining a valid alliance.

There was never any contradiction. These issues are nuanced, so I can understand why you might think there is one. But there is not.

EDIT: Additionally, assuming no interference from outside forces, if an individual raider bites off more than he can chew, he can not count on government to bail him out, though his friends in the membership may move to assist him autonomously.
[/quote]
If anyone has any questions about our policies, please address them to me. If anyone wants to call us immoral for holding these policies, go nuts.

Oh, and the reason I said "somebody at war with our members" in the OP was because I was referring to a literal war, not the technical definition of 'alliance war', because as noted by the above, there is no distinction for the purposes of gaining restitution, welp, toodles.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330413574' post='2929845']
I'm just going to leave this here:

If anyone has any questions about our policies, please address them to me. If anyone wants to call us immoral for holding these policies, go nuts.

Oh, and the reason I said "somebody at war with our members" in the OP was because I was referring to a literal war, not the technical definition of 'alliance war', because as noted by the above, there is no distinction for the purposes of gaining restitution, welp, toodles.
[/quote]
Sard, it's no use they can't see past their own hands when it comes to GOONS, and what's written on their hands is "GOONs are evil, anything they do or say is an attempt to ruin the world."

We know what is in our charter, We know we are in the right, hell Schatt knows we are right but can't resist the change to go after us in one of his long winded speeches about his moral high road. It's way to easy to ignore facts and throw out logic when you want to be right, and boy does he want to be right. Anyone with a shred of critical thinking skills and a cognitive thought process can look at our charter and our stance and see that as we say tech raid and alliance wars are different, we treat them in the same regards when it comes out outside help and interference from other entities. I'm not saying anyone here is dumb but I am saying that they let all this cloud their judgment as they fall in line and blindly accept what one group has to say without actually taking the time to think about it themselves and really try and understand the situation.

GOONS is the bogeyman out to get you, better not let that foot hang over the bed or we will bite it right off.

Edited by r00tn00b

Ah, the old OWF. Where every single post is a double standard.

Schatt's logic is logic only to his side and Sard's logic is logic only to his side. Now let's move on to the next 43 pages of people saying that their champion is the only one being logical while doing nothing to intelligibly argue any actual merits of either argument. Enjoy wasting your time, everyone. :awesome:

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

Probably the most illuminating comments are the "our charter is our charter!" stuff. Yet when UE recently updated their charter in regards to tech selling the same group of posters threatened, whined and generally cried their poor little eyes out about how UE setting their internal policies was a rollable offense.

[quote name='r00tn00b' timestamp='1330414292' post='2929856']
We know what is in our charter
[/quote]
Actually it's a constitution :colbert: I wrote it after sal's departure.

[quote]
Preamble
We the People of GOONS, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish injustice, insure domestic Hilarity, provide for the common offense, promote the general Warfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posteriors, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism.
[/quote]
Ah, poetry in motion.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1330414620' post='2929860']
Probably the most illuminating comments are the "our charter is our charter!" stuff. Yet when UE recently updated their charter in regards to tech selling the same group of posters threatened, whined and generally cried their poor little eyes out about how UE setting their internal policies was a rollable offense.
[/quote]
if setting them was roll-able, your argument was valid, but it is actually enforcing them that is roll-able. If just putting it there was enough DH would have rolled out that day it was posted.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1330414620' post='2929860']
[/quote]
This would be a good argument if not the fact that it was an [I]External[/I] facing policy that prompted the DH statement, not an internal one.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330413304' post='2929843']
I just came to giggle at the latest Schat thread. I guess we had been losing our touch, since it had been a while since Schat had an emotional breakdown on our account. So it's good to see him revived. I'm also genuinely curious what percent of Schat's threads are about GOONs. Also, number of words: 1511. The extremely harsh terms we imposed on MONGOLS was a 1000 word essay. Just saying. Okay, toodles!
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisyayL3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Doesn't look like an emotional break down to me in the slightest, as much as you wish that to be the case, clearly this post is well formatted and made in a rational manner, or you could stop being mardy and trying to paint people like that when they make valid points against you, but i expect nothing less tbh especially from the likes of you.

"OHHHH NOESSS hes proving me to be an idiot, must character assassinate with crap about his emotional state!!!!!!!!" shut the hell up.

Que the usual idiots claiming I'm a schattenman clone or fan or something along they lines.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1330415357' post='2929867']
Doesn't look like an emotional break down to me in the slightest, as much as you wish that to be the case, clearly this post is well formatted and made in a rational manner, or you could stop being mardy and trying to paint people like that when they make valid points against you, but i expect nothing less tbh especially from the likes of you.

"OHHHH NOESSS hes proving me to be an idiot, must character assassinate with crap about his emotional state!!!!!!!!" shut the hell up.
[/quote]
I never really had an issue with you Hiro but accusing someone and calling them out on a character assassination and in the same post doing the same thing to them. I thought we taught you better.

GOONS not having any consistency with their own charter and policies regarding tech raids? Not really anything new there, but still nice to see threads pointing out the inconsistencies and that their members really don't "raid at their own risk" as they sometimes claim.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1330415059' post='2929865']
This would be a good argument if not the fact that it was an [I]External[/I] facing policy that prompted the DH statement, not an internal one.
[/quote]

And parts of your charter about attacking other nations in other small alliances or unaligned nations is not an "external" facing policy?

UE's policy dealt with how they'd handle their aid slots/tech sales. But that was bad because DH didn't agree with it and doesn't like UE. Therefore their tech selling policy became DH business in many DH members' eyes.

GOONS policy is about how they handle their war slots/raids but that's fine and it's your charter and other people should mind their own business.