Because this is apparently necessary

Leet Guy

[quote name='TBRaiders' timestamp='1330021229' post='2926821']
We were just experimenting with newer ways to do dumb things. Experiment failed, apologies given, moving on.
[/quote]

What if an apology is not enough and ask for reps? Would you entertain the request?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1330021529' post='2926826']
Quite a track record of poor choices you guys are assembling. Maybe you should write a book, "How to make enemies and infuriate people without really trying."
[/quote]
The only people who disapprove of MK supporting tech dealers actually honoring tech deals are the ones who hated MK in the first place. We aren't breaking any ground or learning anything new. This is just this week's installment of the people on the two different sides coming up with wild and crazy new ways to justify their own side's stance.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL9.jpg[/img]

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1330024050' post='2926872']
If you had read my post, you would have noticed I was referencing MK ghosting other folks AA's. You have an opinion on that, or would you like to tilt at another windmill?
[/quote]
I knew what you were talking about. But MK already apologized for that, and that's not what this thread is about.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriswutL1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1330024226' post='2926874']
I knew what you were talking about. But MK already apologized for that, and that's not what this thread is about.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriswutL1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Hold on there Turbo.

You are telling me that MK gov ordering members to other AA's to offer tech deals in order to force this issue isn't related to this thread?

Can I have some of what you're smoking over there, because it must be good.

[quote name='Biff Webster' timestamp='1330021586' post='2926830']
Do you feel the ghosting to test UE's policy in general was dumb, or just that you ghosted Grämlins and they noticed? I somehow doubt the same apology would've been offered to TPF (or 64Digits, but they no longer exist.)
[/quote]

TPF needs no apology, the nation which was ghosting us was promptly attacked and put into anarchy.

We had intended to continue pounding him, however he left the AA this morning with his tail between his legs, and as we have other things to worry about, we figured that would suffice.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1330025560' post='2926887']
For [i]what[/i]
[/quote]

For ghosting a non affiliated AA in order to potentially force an already petty issue and start another global tempest in a teapot maybe?

Yknow, the thing MK gov ALREADY ADMITTED TO DOING?

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1330006889' post='2926612']
Seems everyone is forgetting Roguefest.
[/quote]
How could I forget? It was one of the greatest time periods for GOONS, a nice target rich environment ending in a modest amount of reps.

If you want another shot, by all means, I invite you and whatever band of idiots you can scrape together to assault us.

To be clear though, we will be far, [I]far[/I] less merciful in our terms this time around.

EDIT:
[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1330024964' post='2926879']
GOONS will show you why Umbrella doesn't need a lower tier.
[/quote]
I already made this joke, :colbert:.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1330025751' post='2926890']
For ghosting a non affiliated AA in order to potentially force an already petty issue and start another global tempest in a teapot maybe?

[/quote]

I would have worded it differently but yea :)

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1330025751' post='2926890']

[/quote]
Is this what the world has come to? People [i]pay reps for ghosting other AAs?[/i] We must owe GOONS billions by now.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1330026225' post='2926894']
Is this what the world has come to? People [i]pay reps for ghosting other AAs?[/i] We must owe GOONS billions by now.
[/quote]

There is a difference between a random person ghosting an AA out of ignorance or stupidity, and a gov sanctioing ghosting in order to create conflict.

Don't be dense about it.

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1330026391' post='2926896']
There is a difference between a random person ghosting an AA out of ignorance or stupidity, and a gov sanctioing ghosting in order to create conflict.

Don't be dense about it.
[/quote]
Alright, as soon as my slots are available I'll be sending bailout money to "Grämlins" nations to make up for the terrible economic losses this ghosting has caused.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1330026485' post='2926898']
Alright, as soon as my slots are available I'll be sending bailout money to "Grämlins" nations to make up for the terrible economic losses this ghosting has caused.
[/quote]

SWEET.

I'll have an aid slot opening in 8 days I think :)

[quote name='trimm' timestamp='1330026391' post='2926896']
[/quote]

Correct, and furthermore there's a difference between ghosting an allied AA and a hostile AA, so we were pretty in the wrong here by both definitions of the situation. I don't quite see how we'd need to pay reps for an action that was harmless in nature, but if punitive action is the route Gremlins would like to take I'm pretty sure HellAngel knows which direction to yell in.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330026898' post='2926904']
Correct, and furthermore there's a difference between ghosting an allied AA and a hostile AA, so we were pretty in the wrong here by both definitions of the situation. I don't quite see how we'd need to pay reps for an action that was harmless in nature, but if punitive action is the route Gremlins would like to take I'm pretty sure HellAngel knows which direction to yell in.
[/quote]

I think the problem I have is that the order of events seemed to be:

1) MK orders members to @#%# with people
2) Grämlins doesn't like it
3) Leet Guy apologizes
4) Grämlins realize (1) above and react accordingly
5) HellAngel posts lots

I don't think both (1) or (5) were very smart.

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1330026898' post='2926904']
[/quote]

Thank you for the very reasonable response.

I don't think anyone disagrees with the expectation of tech dealers actually following through with a tech deal once they have accepted the monies offered. The only problem I see is when one party tries to undermine the policies of another party by deceptive practices. All of that has been acknowledged and apologies have been made and so forth and so on. Contracts are binding, it's true, but contracts entered into under fraudulent terms are hardly binding or legal and, are subject to dismissal. That being said, if you agree to sell me tech under terms we both agree to and don't.... :nuke:

This all boils down to a really simple solution. Respect others and treat them the way you would expect, or even demand to be treated and there won't be any issues. If you aren't willing to do that, there is a lovely little button that Admin blessed us with called 'Declare War' that can help you express how you feel. I take no sides in this as I see both angles and don't necessarily agree with all the philosophies involved. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??? :awesome:

Edited by RustyNail