Because this is apparently necessary

Leet Guy

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329975392' post='2926285']
We will pounce on one spelling mistake! - DH, 2012

Financial banditry? Considering the shens these guys have been pulling, lol.
[/quote]
While the certain policies that have been brought into question over the last day or two, the policy that has been announced in the discussion here is pretty much common sense. If one nation comes up to another nation bringing up a tech deal offer, if you or the other accept, you should be obliged to carrying out the deal and letting some policy allow you or the other nation weasel out of the deal with the money.

Also, if you don't want people pouncing on your incorrect spelling, then check on it beforehand instead of getting it out there in a split-second.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1329963437' post='2926035']
[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1329923855' post='2925568']
Of course, any alliance could just add a short line into their own charter stating military action will be used to enforce tech deals are paid in a timely manner.
[/quote]
Knock yourself out. I'd personally love to watch the dominoes fall toward NPO and see which way they fall whilst MK flops around trying to sell a bad tech deal as a CB. There'll be finger foods and punch in Schloss Eggenberg while it plays on the bigscreen.
[/quote]
Schattenmann: [i]Puppetmaster Extraordinairre[/i]

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1329898914' post='2925497']
How long until someone uses this as a reason to batter them?[/quote]
[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1329899730' post='2925507']Probably as long as it takes to politically isolate TPF and its allies.[/quote][quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1329948736' post='2925754']
Two weeks.[/quote][quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1329951003' post='2925788']
Where can I bet on the under?[/quote]
99 Decision Street, 99 ministers meet. . .
Start deciding, NPO.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1329975692' post='2926288']
The easiest solution seems to be to host the UE forums so you can add yourselves to the "white list". I suggest that you be as magnanimous as you have been in the past and help them out in the spirit of technological benevolence.
[/quote]

Well aren't you clever.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1329976838' post='2926301']
Schattenmann: [i]Puppetmaster Extraordinairre[/i]
[/quote]

Aren't you just the cutest thing. Have you nothing to say that [i]actually pertains to the topic at hand[/i] though, Lady Justice?

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1329977297' post='2926305']
Aren't you just the cutest thing. Have you nothing to say that [i]actually pertains to the topic at hand[/i] though, Lady Justice?
[/quote]
Let him have this, he needs to feel like he is important or he might disappear.

[quote name='Don Chele' timestamp='1329973812' post='2926266']
I see no reason why an alliance cannot define the terms under which it will backstop the tech deals entered into by its members if raiding alliances think they are allowed to decide what constitutes an alliance for the purposes of raiding. I suppose it is not surprising that this group of alliances would assume the right to tell others what that their definition of sovereignty is not going to be respected.
[/quote]
I see 100 different reasons why alliances shouldn't tell their members to keep foreign aid given for the purpose of buying tech.

This document must be upheld by all alliances. You accept my money you enter into a binding contract to supply me with the agreed upon tech. You $%&@ with my tech expect to get $%&@ed in return.

You can add IRON's signature to this document.

[b]MCRABT[/b], President
[b]Cristoir[/b], Secretary of State, IRON Councilor
[b]Mia[/b], Deputy Secretary of State, IRON Councilor
[b]Blaskowicz[/b], Deputy Secretary of State, IRON Councilor
[b]Curufinwe[/b], Minister of Internal Affairs, IRON Councilor
[b]Theophilos[/b], Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs, IRON Councilor
[b]bcndwilson[/b], Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor
[b]Dodoei123[/b], Deputy Minister of Defense, IRON Councilor
[b]Matt Miller[/b], Deputy Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor
[b]Queltocz[/b], Minister of the Vault, IRON Councilor
[b]Shan Revan[/b], Badass Barbequing Kangaro and Crocadile (and Occasional Pony) Eating Minister from Australia

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329997613' post='2926507']
I don't really think you're getting it, MCRABT. This is just to antagonize UE. Some of your tech dealers get siphoned off, too. xpard, for instance.
[/quote]
We are not oblivious to the implications of the document, as you think. Not only is it a perfectly reasonable and sensible policy, it is a perfectly reasonable means of protesting another policy, one we do not endorse.

Okay, keep that in mind, though. I don't necessarily applaud the UE thing, but given the practices endorsed by those who wrote this document, I support it as a matter of being against them. Call it a policy of joining any battle against certain alliances I can.

Oh please, someone, trigger it.

Do you realize the implicit irony in a policy where big nations threaten small nations with war is you won't be in range, basically, right? That's kind of why I was never for this kind of thing since it can't work.

Edited by Roquentin