• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1329781645' post='2924824']
Golden age you mean!
[/quote]
Indeed it was golden!
More than double the amount of players, and clear cut fronts.

I remember VX. Never knew he was Grenval though...
Also hello GATO.... If you still remember me....

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1329777927' post='2924791']
Sad so many people don't remember who either Vincent or Grenval was, they were names that are ingrained in the past history of CN and actions of alliances from back then.
[/quote]
I could understand not knowing Grenval as he flamed out fairly early but VX was active in 2006-2007 and was a fixture in GW3. Many members of the community joined in the period of time between GW2 and UJP and are still active today. There aren't as many pre GW1 or post Karma people. The former quit long ago and the latter were probably raided until they quit or quit when they saw how far behind they were.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1329781364' post='2924818']
Whoa...and I thought a discussion on something from 2006 would never happen again, thank you CK for reigniting hazy memories of CN's ''Bronze Age'' :D
[/quote]
Ha! At least we're talking about something from 2007 instead of going around in circles about who did what during the summer of 2006.

Reading the list of who's reading this thread is like reading a who's who of GATO and NPOers from 2007.

And yeah, the only thing that I'm really disappointed or concerned about is the fact that VX was a toadie of CK. I thought that the former was so much more competent than the latter. :unsure:

Edited by Duncan King

Sad so many people don't remember who either Vincent or Grenval was, they were names that are ingrained in the past history of CN and actions of alliances from back then.
[/quote]
It's a shame they were driven out. Don't remember who did it, but I'm sure those alliances are all gone now.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1329777927' post='2924791']Sad so many people don't remember who either Vincent or Grenval was, they were names that are ingrained in the past history of CN and actions of alliances from back then.[/quote]
That is really old stuff. You're making me think about Brehon's rant in his last (was it his last?) bootleg radio show.

Also, to be honest I think that most player don't [i]really[/i] remember you either, by now, but they just know what they've been told you did (which is still something, though).

[quote name='jerdge' timestamp='1329785168' post='2924863']
That is really old stuff. You're making me think about Brehon's rant in his last (was it his last?) bootleg radio show.

Also, to be honest I think that most player don't [i]really[/i] remember you either, by now, but they just know what they've been told you did (which is still something, though).
[/quote]
There are people that don't know who Bilrow is? Jesus, now you're making ME feel old, THANKS JERDGE!

(also on another note, I see its "jerdge" like "jerj", but I always for some reason mentally move the d and make it "Jderge" like "jay-dirge"...no clue why)

Edited by deth2munkies

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1329766874' post='2924675']
I'm honestly wondering how many people remember VX, much less Grenval at this point.

Also, your move NPO :ph34r:
[/quote]

I remember him as the fellow who gave me my first big war. I went in with NPO's first wave on the opening night of GW3, against GATO's second-biggest nation.

[/quote]
I remember you. You should reform GGA and get a protectorate from CoJ or UE.

This is weird to me, because I was a huge fan of Grenval but didn't like Vincent Xander much. I was, of course, an IC enemy of both but I thought Grenval's propaganda was absolutely incredible. The connection makes perfect sense now, but I never made it.

Plus the GARO incident was probably the crowning achievement of IC trolling during that first few years. These days, when people want to get a rise, they just call people names or attack them. Boring. The incident, and the other crap he was always pulling, was intelligent yet finely crafted to send his target audience into a full out rage mode. So good.

[quote name='hertugen' timestamp='1329782728' post='2924841']
Indeed it was golden!
More than double the amount of players, and clear cut fronts.

I remember VX. Never knew he was Grenval though...
Also hello GATO.... If you still remember me....
[/quote]

Herty you will always be my favorite.

Oh, that's cool.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1329795104' post='2924934']
I remember you. You should reform GGA and get a protectorate from CoJ or UE.
[/quote]

Dead things should remain dead, in reference to GGA. :P