Grenval was Vincent Xander

Chris Kaos

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1329766874' post='2924675']
I'm honestly wondering how many people remember VX, much less Grenval at this point.

Also, your move NPO :ph34r:
[/quote]
This is really just for the old guys. Mostly Dilber, Moo, Vlad, Chron, and the like. 2006 Council guys.

that is pretty interesting, but I don't think it matters at this point.
edit: as a question, what did it matter in the first place, since as I remember, they were both always GATO.

Edited by Mogar

[quote name='JohnKirk' timestamp='1329771567' post='2924727']
Heh, I'm honestly happy that grenval stuck around that much longer. He was generally an all around good guy.
[/quote]

Grenval actually re-rolled about a year (maybe 1.5 years now) and was part of the small group of old timers who formed GARO. I believe he even had a few posts on the owf, however being so far removed no one really remembered who he was.

[quote name='deth2munkies' timestamp='1329771757' post='2924730']VX is familiar but never left a strong impression on me.[/quote]I recognize the name and feel like I should remember him better than I do. I think he was a GATO leader either around or after the SPW/WotC?
Something like that maybe? I'm getting old and things tend to blur together.

As for Grenval, I know him more by reputation than deed and only then because I spent most of my CN career hanging around players who were really involved during the Great War era.

Edited by Fallen Fool

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1329766384' post='2924668']
No I'm not kidding. I feel five years is long enough to keep the secret at bay. CN may now discuss this revelation at will, for those of you who remember him.
[/quote]
When did you find this out?

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1329774387' post='2924754']
Vincent Xander lead GATO in leading up to GW3. He was unfairly vilified by NPO saying he was the cause of that war.
[/quote]Welp, I was flat out wrong about the time. Got the position right though!

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1329774446' post='2924757']
When did you find this out?
[/quote]
Before he joined. I came up with the "Xander" part. I sped him through the ranks by making him my deputy shortly after he joined, and he was GATO's leader a month after he left my service. I also helped cover his tracks so no one would catch on.

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1329774711' post='2924762']
Before he joined. I came up with the "Xander" part. I sped him through the ranks by making him my deputy shortly after he joined, and he was GATO's leader a month after he left my service. I also helped cover his tracks so no one would catch on.
[/quote]
Wasn't he banned?

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1329766384' post='2924668']
No I'm not kidding. I feel five years is long enough to keep the secret at bay. CN may now discuss this revelation at will, for those of you who remember him.
[/quote]
Go figure. I always wondered what happened to Vincent Xander. He was a really decent guy and a great player. He got more crap than he deserved.

Sad so many people don't remember who either Vincent or Grenval was, they were names that are ingrained in the past history of CN and actions of alliances from back then.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1329777927' post='2924791']
Sad so many people don't remember who either Vincent or Grenval was, they were names that are ingrained in the past history of CN and actions of alliances from back then.
[/quote]
Totally agree, crazy kids and all that.