The Austrian Empire decleration of existence

[center][img]http://images.tgecn.com/mop/EccardopolisG/Austrian%20Banner.png[/img][/center]

[b]Team Color: [/b]Blue
[b]IRC: [/b]#Austria
[b]Forums:[/b] http://theaustrianempire.forumotion.com/
[b]Current Gov:[/b]
[list][*]Kaiser: Leopold Von Hapsburg
[*]Kanzler: Alexander II
[*]Minister of War: Emperor Dithrick
[*]Foreign Affairs Minister: Vistra
[*]Finance Minister: Schwieger [/list]

We do not seek to impress with this announcement, rather to merely let people know we exist.

[center][b]Policy on other Germanic alliances - From announcement to our members[/b][/center]
Comrades, as your Kanzler, I come to you today to discuss something important. As we all may know, Austria has been hiding in a shell of isolation, and of limited cultural exchange. I am here to announce that era is over. As of tonight, I declare that in the cultural and social (but not military or political) spheres, we will begin pursing a northern looking policy, Nordpolitik, which should boost interaction with the other two Germanic alliances, TGE and Nordreich. Now this should advance the goal of world peace, and Germanic brotherhood in a way that is not damaging to any side. I advise Vistra to begin looking into embassies within TGE and NoR, as well as somehow setting up cultural exchanges.
-The Tsar.

[center][b]Second Constitution of The Austrian Empire[/b][/center]

[b]Preamble:[/b]

To further the general welfare, the well being of all citizens, to establish international respect, and rule of law,we the parliament of Austria hereby approve this new social contract with our citizens, and effectively dissolve the provisional constitution as law of the land.

[b]Section 1-Rights of all men[/b]

The constitution hereby states that all citizens of Austria shall enjoy freedom of speech, in keeping within the real life limits and laws of the United States and the forum company that hosts our forum.

The constitution also protects all real life legal forms of expression, be it in political parties or other organizations, so long as they seek to inflict no harm to others or to subvert the government of this or any other alliance.

All lawful citizens of Austria shall have the right to participate in elections, and to cast one vote, unless otherwise specified.

All citizens of Austria accused of any crime have the right to a trial within 30 calender days, by a non political and non noble, elected magistrate.

No man, citizen or non citizen, shall ever be subject to eternal ZI*

Citizens have the right to not carry out unlawful orders.

*Eternal ZI meaning the practice of attacking nations even after they have disbanded and reformed.

[b]Section 2- Expectations of citizens [/b]

All citizens are expected to turn in draft cards when requested by the Kanzler or Kaiser, and also join the ranks of the military as conscripts under the order of these two people.

All citizens are expected to not attack anyone in game, regardless of alliance affiliation unless The Austrian Empire is in a state of war, or the order is given either by the Kaiser or Kanzler.

Ideologies that call for the extermination or inferiority of any race or ethnic group are forbidden in Austria.

The citizens are expected not to pass on information labelled "sensitive" or "top secret" outside of the alliance, such is treason and is punishable as a crime.

The citizens are forbidden from advocating or attempting a forceful overthrow of the government, such is sedition, and shall be prosecuted as a crime.

To defy a lawful order by the Kaiser, Kanzler, or any military man of higher rank is considered insubordination, and is punishable at the least by a strong warning, and at worst expulsion and ZI.

[b]Section 3- Functionality of Government[/b]

Every one calender month, beginning from March 1st, 2012, the people shall elect directly, a parliament consisting of one representative for every ten members. In cases where there is not exactly ten members, the number of seats shall be rounded down below the 4 mark, or up past 5 (Ex. 24 members would warrant two seats, while 25 and 26 would warrant three seats).

Every lawful citizen of Austria shall have the right to cast [b]one[/b] vote for the the number of candidates to which there are seats. Voting shall last for a period of three days, with a two day preparation period including an announcement of elections consisting of the prior two days. The top candidates shall fill the seats (ex. three open seats, mean the three candidates with the most votes will be elected). Should there be a tie, the Kaiser has the authority to break the tie.

Every two calender months the people shall directly elect a single magistrate to enforce constitutional law, and prosecute those committing illegal acts.

Every two months, the parliament shall elect a Kanzler (Chancellor) who will be the second in command of the alliance, and the highest elected figure. The voting period shall last for ten days after the announcement is made for a candidate. The candidate with either the simple majority or plurality in the election shall become Kanzler. Should there be a tie, the Kaiser shall break the tie.

The chain of command is formally recognized as such:
Kaiser
Kanzler
Minister of War
Other Ministers
Military officers

In any situation, the higher up authority may revoke the commands made by a lower office so long as it does not conflict with any existing laws or the constitution. The Kaiser may change the chain of command as he sees fit, and so long as it does not go against written laws.

In the event the magistrate is found committing a crime, the parliament shall convene as a special tribunal, and will be able to decide guilt and punishment by unanimous vote only.

To pass a conventional law that does not conflict with the constitution, a 2/3 vote is required.
To pass a constitutional amendment, a 2/3 vote is also required.

The Kaiser and Kanzler have the power to veto any action made by parliament, however the parliament can over ride this veto with a 3/3 vote to enact the measure.

Any regular bill shall be discussed for five days, before a vote that lasts one day is held.

Any constitutional amendment will have a ten day discussion period, followed by a two day vote.

The Kaiser and Kanzler may issue edicts as long as they do not conflict with existing voted on laws or the constitution, but the parliament may revoke edicts with a 2/3 vote against them.

[b]Section 4- Line of succession [/b]
Every new Kaiser shall make a new line of succession, that should supersede him should he be gone longer than five days.

If the Kaiser does not declare a line of succession, the default line is as follows:
Kaiser
Kanzler
Minister of War
Minister of Finance
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Minister of Education
First Division Military Commander
Parliament (ruling as a Junta)

Should a previous Kaiser return, while a current one is holding the crown, and the previous Kaiser never formally handed over said crown, then the old Kaiser shall be crowned.

RATIFIED BY 2/3 on February 17th, 2012.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1329703217' post='2924304']
When this turned up in the mail, I was somewhat confused. There's been [b]ANOTHER[/b] Austrian Empire formed? It does make me wonder what happened to Hungary though.
[/quote]

Perhaps it is time for you declare the existence of the Kingdom of Hungary?

[quote name='Buzz Lightyear' timestamp='1329714958' post='2924378']
i thought u declared way before. so you mean i refrained from raiding your nations for no reason? god dammit

edit: oh wait the tinytowne thing. i knew there was a reason i didnt. i saw it on a wiki
[/quote]

We just ruin everyone's day :(