The Roqist Manifesto

Monster

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329226686' post='2920239']
OsRavan knows what the right thing to do is. I wish he would just do it.
[/quote]

Os wouldn't know the 'right thing' if it crawled down his throat. If ODN's conduct has proven anything it's that their leadership has about as good a grip on what is just or ethical as MK. Fitting, considering how long they've had their noses up MK's ass.

Edited by Olaf Styke

They still exist despite getting owned several times. I think the Autocratic Democracy has served them quite well.

Also on the neuroplasticity point, guy with highest tech nukes. Always. Don't mess it up.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1329310879' post='2921031']
Os wouldn't know the 'right thing' if it crawled down his throat. If ODN's conduct has proven anything it's that their leadership has about as good a grip on what is just or ethical as MK. Fitting, considering how long they've had their noses up MK's ass.
[/quote]

Thank god you guys cancelled then, eh?

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1329310879' post='2921031']
[/quote]

Lucky for us then that we do not follow a concept such as monarchy, but that our elected leaders simply follow the will of the General Assembly.

Come on, as a former member you should know how we operate internally.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329356921' post='2921417']
They still exist despite getting owned several times. I think the Autocratic Democracy has served them quite well.[/quote]
Yeah, but they are still !@#$*.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329356921' post='2921417']
Also on the neuroplasticity point, guy with highest tech nukes. Always. Don't mess it up.
[/quote]
Yeah, yeah. I can't help it if I have an itchy trigger finger.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329223953' post='2920195']
[b]I. Equality[/b]
I assert a fundamental Hobbesian equality amongst all nation rulers. In the Leviathan, Thomas Hobbes asserts that there is no distinguishing characteristic amongst men because you can beat the strongest one through numbers or deceit. Joan of Arc was able to lead the hapless French army to several victories despite her just being a peasant girl. I may know more about politics and game mechanics than you do, but I am not inherently better than any of you. I just spent a lot of time learning about it.

[b]II. Neuroplasticity[/b]
Our brains are able to be reconfigured to perform at higher capacities. This means if someone learns how to coordinate attacks, eventually, they'll be able to do it intuitively without instruction. TOP was mocked for never having fought, but by following the guides and extensive drilling they were able to do a lot of damage.

[b]III. Good Will[/b]

People should generally adopt an easy-going attitude towards others, particularly those down on their luck. This doesn't apply if the other parties are vainglorious.

[b]IV. Truthfulness[/b]
Nation rulers should try not to dance around issues or make things up. Being a straight shooter as often as possible is the best way to ensure you do not end up in contradictions or having stances that come back to haunt you in the future.
[/quote]
I agree with pretty much all of this, nicely put.

[quote name='itseZe' timestamp='1329357908' post='2921427']
Lucky for us then that we do not follow a concept such as monarchy, but that our elected leaders simply follow the will of the General Assembly.

Come on, as a former member you should know how we operate internally.
[/quote]

Yes, I do know, and the irony is that ODN's government is more rigid and impermeable than Sparta's. Remember all that horse!@#$ you guys were shoveling us mid-war about how the decision to attack XX didn't represent the will of the GA, and that ODN was really with us? Now you're telling me the elected leaders follow the will of the GA...

There is a word for this... Hip... Hipo...

I'll get back to you on that.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1329393598' post='2921706']
Yes, I do know, and the irony is that ODN's government is more rigid and impermeable than Sparta's. Remember all that horse!@#$ you guys were shoveling us mid-war about how the decision to attack XX didn't represent the will of the GA, and that ODN was really with us? Now you're telling me the elected leaders follow the will of the GA...

[/quote]

I thought ODN followed the word of liquidmercury?

Yes, I do know, and the irony is that ODN's government is more rigid and impermeable than Sparta's.[/quote]

I was voted into Gov 2 months after I started out on Bob, and so have many other new guys, so I'm not sure what you mean.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1329393598' post='2921706']Remember all that horse!@#$ you guys were shoveling us mid-war about how the decision to attack XX didn't represent the will of the GA, and that ODN was really with us? Now you're telling me the elected leaders follow the will of the GA...

[/quote]

What we actually said was that we weren't too enthusiastic about fighting who we fought, but we'll do what needs to be done if an ally of CnG is attacked. And you talked directly to the GA and the Gov, so you're aware of this.

Anyway, this is Roq's thread and we sidelined it enough with talk about ODN. I just wanted to point out that in an active democracy you can't put everything on the Gov and pretend like the GA doesn't exist.

[b]There is a word for this... Hip... Hipo...[/b]

[/quote]

Hipo what?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1329223953' post='2920195']
[b]I. Equality[/b]
I assert a fundamental Hobbesian equality amongst all nation rulers. In the Leviathan, Thomas Hobbes asserts that there is no distinguishing characteristic amongst men because you can beat the strongest one through numbers or deceit. Joan of Arc was able to lead the hapless French army to several victories despite her just being a peasant girl. I may know more about politics and game mechanics than you do, but I am not inherently better than any of you. I just spent a lot of time learning about it.

[b]II. Neuroplasticity[/b]
Our brains are able to be reconfigured to perform at higher capacities. This means if someone learns how to coordinate attacks, eventually, they'll be able to do it intuitively without instruction. TOP was mocked for never having fought, but by following the guides and extensive drilling they were able to do a lot of damage.

[b]III. Good Will[/b]

People should generally adopt an easy-going attitude towards others, particularly those down on their luck. This doesn't apply if the other parties are vainglorious.

[b]IV. Truthfulness[/b]
Nation rulers should try not to dance around issues or make things up. Being a straight shooter as often as possible is the best way to ensure you do not end up in contradictions or having stances that come back to haunt you in the future.
[/quote]
I like these ideas. Not everyone will adhere to them, but those that do will be happier for it.

[quote name='Reyas' timestamp='1329430164' post='2922040']
Hippocampus probably, his memory is fading.
[/quote]

Hip. Heep-Hop.

Hip hop anonymous?

You give him all the easy ones!

[quote name='Lanore' timestamp='1329534526' post='2922961']
Personally question point #2. Sometimes you just can't teach an old dog a new trick.
[/quote]

I don't agree. Like CT was called an infrahugger for a long time. The thing is, even if 50% of people who are unmotivated and just think they're bound to get asskicked or rely on easy curbstomps to win change their minds on it and try to improve, it'll make all the difference.

Australia: Hobbesian equality is simply that people are equal in a state of nature because of the fact that they can be killed.

"NATURE hath made men so equal in the faculties of body and mind as that, though there be found one man sometimes manifestly stronger in body or of quicker mind than another, yet when all is reckoned together the difference between man and man is not so considerable as that one man can thereupon claim to himself any benefit to which another may not pretend as well as he. For as to the strength of body, the weakest has strength enough to kill the strongest, either by secret machination or by confederacy with others that are in the same danger with himself."

Edited by Roquentin

I think the "Hip" word we are looking for here is a misspelled version of hypocrisy.

And as a philosophy major, I fail to see some general consensus or argument you are trying to put forth. Are you just trying to demonstrate how pedantic and vain you are? I got that much.